Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yeah, i also found this reddit thread very interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/..._got_ssf_lmao/

The boomking got an amazing item.
    A user asked him what was the Guild's loot system
    He answered "GKP"...whatever that means...does it mean "gold kill points" ??? Because he said it cost him "gold" and that it isnt bannable in china.

All very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a second...i've been calm so far because i thought this was a troll post...

But if you visit the china official site...OH its there:

https://www.wowchina.com/zh-cn/

Im more worried now...
    P-p-p-p-probably just for China? Please...right?
    He meant GDKP and it's not banned anywhere it's just not common anymore because of cross realm and forging.

So gold buying became a thing again, and Blizz want their cut.

I'm not convinced it will break the economy though, as it didn't break it that much in regular WoW. The main culprit there was garrisons pouring enormous amounts of gold into the system over two years, and then them taking all the easy gold making away again. The stupid amount of gold still sloshing around the system is from then.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    So gold buying became a thing again, and Blizz want their cut.

I'm not convinced it will break the economy though, as it didn't break it that much in regular WoW. The main culprit there was garrisons pouring enormous amounts of gold into the system over two years, and then them taking all the easy gold making away again. The stupid amount of gold still sloshing around the system is from then.
    Ok, lets assume it WONT ruin the economy. Alright. All is good...except is not, because the truth is, the game can now be played in a completely different way.

The main thing here is giving/creating the ability to SKIP content.

There is no difference between implementing LFR in Classic WoW or implementing a WoW Token.
    Both this things create one thing...the ability to skip.
    A game played completely different and devalued of any "meaning"

And "meaning" is a huge thing in classic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Isnt that limited to the chinese version of the game ?
    it always start that way...
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Calm down, tokens doesn't GENERATE any gold, the economy on servers won't notice it. Only thing changing is those who sit on several thousand golds, now can spend it on tokens and sell to people who have irl cash instead of time to grind out gold.
    Then there is the AH cut, which happens with every sale on AH. So for every token sold, the gold inflates with 5%. Thus LOWERING the amount of gold on a server.

It will literally not change a thing in Classic. There is no gold sinks, literally nothing to really spend gold on. Unless you're a raider and spam consumables when raiding. And even doing that you'll spend like 300-400g/week max. And there isn't really many BoEs going around either, there is a couple warriors use (LH and Edgemaster, and some pants that is never on AH) + t1 pieces that will lose pretty much all value now when BWL is out.

So ye, calm down. It's not even considered in the west yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Calm down, tokens doesn't GENERATE any gold, the economy on servers won't notice it.
    What in the world does that "fact" people seem to love to say have anything to do with the "downsides" of the Token?

"Tokens dont generate gold for the economy"

me: "That sounds pretty smart but...who cares? They create the ability to SKIP content at free will and at the press of a button...just like LFR"

It completely destroys everything classic stands for.
    Which is "meaning behind items" and "work" and "character progression"

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    1. Probably just in China.

2. The only real way to get rid of illigal gold sellers. (And thus botters and account hackers (if that is even a thing in Classic? For sure was a huge problem in Vanilla))

3. Doesn't really harm anyone. Farming gold in Classic isn't exactly difficult. Most classes can do 60-100g/h farms.

Adding game tokens to the game was the best move Blizzard ever did.
    I do get tired of people saying dumb shit like this.

There is no way to make that amount of raw gold per hour without some kind of major exploit.

You might be able to do that on some servers if you are prepared to re-post your items repeatedly and somehow can instantly access the auction house without loss of farming time. That is if you don't flood the market with it deflating its value or someone else does, or there just isn't a demand on your server. Oh wait, that isn't possible.

Just so tired of people coming out with this crap.
    Last edited by Munthas; 2020-02-27 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the world does that "fact" people seem to love to say have anything to do with the "downsides" of the Token?

"Tokens dont generate gold for the economy"

me: "That sounds pretty smart but...who cares? They create the ability to SKIP content at free will and at the press of a button...just like LFR"

It completely destroys everything classic stands for.
    Which is "meaning behind items" and "work" and "character progression"
    Aaaand if i trade someone 1000g and in return they give me 15 dollars to pay for my time, am i destroying classic? Even though it was entirely possible without tokens?

chinese version of wow has been different before now, not only does their sub time only decrease for the time played, not constantly like ours does whether you play it or not, but they also had mechanical differences, like when valour upgrades were a thing they had more upgrades than we did. I think they also didn't lose that feature when we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Aaaand if i trade someone 1000g and in return they give me 15 dollars to pay for my time, am i destroying classic? Even though it was entirely possible without tokens?
    bannable offense and at the risk of losing account.
    I for one would NEVER do it.

Would i buy a wow token though....ofcourse i would.

It should be a "crime" comparing how many people use pirate gold selling sites to a WoW Token system in the game supported by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-02-27 at 11:41 AM.

Im already having a meltdown...this is the LFR situation all over again. Is the same exact discussion.

Whats the difference between implementing LFR in classic wow and a WoW Token? Nothing. There is no difference. Is the same exact thing.

Both things give you the ability to SKIP a major part of the game.

*forum posters insert the question* "What do you care how others play the game? Thats their business"

See? See? See? This is LFR all over again.
    The same exact thing.

(i need to calm down...this is probably just for China)
    How do you sleep at night knowing that people in classic ALREADY buy gold from gold sellers?

Im already having a meltdown...this is the LFR situation all over again. Is the same exact discussion.

Whats the difference between implementing LFR in classic wow and a WoW Token? Nothing. There is no difference. Is the same exact thing.

Both things give you the ability to SKIP a major part of the game.

*forum posters insert the question* "What do you care how others play the game? Thats their business"

See? See? See? This is LFR all over again.
    The same exact thing.

(i need to calm down...this is probably just for China)
    I can almost guarantee that it is only for China and even so we need people to voice their opinion’s on the official forms now while I do not believe that a gold token will allow you to skip major parts of the game I do believe that there are some things that it will do that can be considered bad
    I can almost guarantee that it is only for China and even so we need people to voice their opinion‘s on the official forms now while I do not believe that a gold token will allow you to skip major parts of the game I do believe that there are some things that it will do that can be considered bad

You will essentially remove the need for players to have to grind for the epic amount because why grind when you can buy a token however at the same time you will need to have a shop implemented into classic and that shop will have to be completely detached from the one on the retail as you cannot have the token sell for hundreds of thousands of gold on classic

You will essentially remove the need for players to have to grind for the epic mount because why grind when you can buy a token however at the same time you will need to have a shop implemented into classic and that shop will have to be completely detached from the one on retail as you cannot have the token sell for hundreds of thousands of gold on classic

So they would need to ensure that classic is 100% separated from retail which is not the case because as you can see in the launcher they are technically considered the same game and in a lot of cases use the same directory this is why at least for the non-Chinese version I do not think that a token would work in classic
    So they would need to ensure that classic is 100% separated from retail which is not the case because as you can see in the launcher they are technically considered the same game and in a lot of cases use the same directory this is why at least for the non-Chinese version I do not think that a token would work and classic

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please give me a list of the positives...please.
    1) Players with lots of gold get to play and/or acquire stuff from the shop for free
    2) Players who want to buy gold for $$ can do so safely without the risk of account ban, getting hacked/scammed etc
    3) Goldseller activity, a scourge of the game, has been significantly curtailled
    4) The in game economy is stimulated because more gold moves into active circulation
    5) Blizzard are able to compensate for falling revenues by getting more cash from customers willing to pay for the value added, without implementing across the board price increases to the subscription, or implementing dodgy p2w schemes designed to force players into spending more $$.

How about you explain the negatives?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    TBH, I said this was eventually coming when Classic launched.

I'm really not sure why people think Blizz was going to behave any differently.

How? Your reasoning is completely nonsensical. It doesn't suddenly create more rare items to let people complete content faster, it doesn't give you an "I win" button for the latest raid, what content is it skipping?
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Ok, lets assume it WONT ruin the economy. Alright. All is good...except is not, because the truth is, the game can now be played in a completely different way.

There is no difference between implementing LFR in Classic WoW or implementing a WoW Token.
    Both this things create one thing...the ability to skip.

It's not really different to gold buying and account boosting which happened anyway. Like all the time. You couldn't move in vanilla for people offering these services, to the point where you couldn't even type peons4hire in chat any more, it just wouldn't show up. And they wouldn't be offering these services if people weren't using them.

I'd wager even more people would use them now, having been conditioned to do so by a decade of mobile gaming. Classic WoW is not Vanilla WoW and it can't be because the world it used to inhabit is gone. There will always be a way to skip content for those that want to, even buying a run through a raid is skipping content. Add poor people to the mix who want to trade their excess gold for free gametime, (and frankly once you've got your epic mount, what can you do with gold in Classic apart from pay to skip content?) and you've got gold buying as a thing again.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that I'd consider doing stuff just to make gold "content". Or, in the very least, not content worth getting upset about if someone were to skip it.

Other than the numerous blatantly obvious ones...

Sure, I get that "meaning" is important in classic. But I honestly do not see how tokens detract from that "meaning".

As others have pointed out already, tokens simply transfer gold between players. The inherent value (meaning) of the gold remains the same because it still requires the same amount of time to obtain it.

If tokens didn't require the other half of the transaction (ie the player selling the gold) and it worked very simply that you pay Blizzard $20 and they generate 200K gold for you, then I'd agree that this would be massively detrimental to the game because then it would, absolutely, impact on the "meaning" of gold.

Wait for the raid carry sells to skyrocket and epic item prices go through the roof.

10+ Year Old Account
    bannable offense and at the risk of losing account.
    I for one would NEVER do it.

Would i buy a wow token though....ofcourse i would.

It should be a "crime" comparing how many people use pirate gold selling sites to a WoW Token system in the game supported by Blizzard.
    I am not comparing them to gold selling sites, i am comparing it to just asking a friend for the gold and giving them 15 dollars for it. One way or another, people will get their gold, and it will continue to have the same affect on the game it always has.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I really think Classic should be left out of that...going with my "no change" mantra. But hey...that was already down the toilet, when they applied 1.12 to the entire game on release.
    Truth be told, it was already down the toilet the moment people played Vanilla.

WoW is a system, and it's a system that both interacts with and includes the players. And as those player experience the game, that experience alters those players. WoW Classic was, therefore, already significantly changed just because the participants were significantly changed since Vanilla. Hence why we had things like BWL being cleared in under 42 mins from release....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Wait for the raid carry sells to skyrocket and epic item prices go through the roof.
    Do you have any evidence of a causal link between token sales and raid carry sells/epic item prices?