10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think the Jailer is connected to the Titans, but if he is, perhaps it is the Titan world soul that Sargeras found corrupted and killed? Surely even Titans go to the Shadowlands when they die, if it predates them.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    God I miss those Q&A livestreams they had in legion. ofc the community shat on them

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree with a lot of Pyromancers theories but this one I think is legit.
    I say arbiter and jailer are watchers made by Azeroth and Argus

“She is not the last but the first” Azeroth awoke first
    “Older than memory” (from novel talking about alleria connecting with Argus and seeing memories from before time) Argus

The two titans woke up and woke up the others but in doing so fell into hibernation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think some of this might have to do with a lack of an actual choice.
    You are either a N'zoth supporter, or you are not. Nothing happens if you are not, but if you are you get extra stuff.
    What extra

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Yeah my thoughts exactly

Launch mid October
    Blizzcon two weeks after
    Raid opens following week
    Pre-patch July or August?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Pretty cringe my dude desu.
    Well I had to take my cue from Twitter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Probably late July because they will do the invasion of the undead which will ramp up similar to Legion invasions and then you also have the new leveling system to work with which personally I am holding back on every allied race to level during it so I can get the armor

What extra
    You get to be part of the N'zoth club. As well as the tiniest of perks in being able to understand at least some shath'yar.
    It's not a whole lot, but it is technically more than not choosing it, not to mention there not being a downside to go with it. So there is nothing to lose.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about coronavirus or geopolitics, it is about discussion of Shadowlands. Let's pivot back to the topic at hand and not about real-world current events.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You get to be part of the N'zoth club. As well as the tiniest of perks in being able to understand at least some shath'yar.
    It's not a whole lot, but it is technically more than not choosing it, not to mention there not being a downside to go with it. So there is nothing to lose.
    But you get a toy

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because, from a game perspective, it's fun to be evil. Shit, I'd align with the old gods fully if they let me.

You best believe when I played swtor I tortured and murdered everyone, does it mean I would do things in real life? No, not in the least. But it's fun in game.
    fully agree that these options in games are amazing. Issue with wow is you never get a decent payoff. Slyvanas loyalist just get this nice pat on the head, nzoth loyalist get basically nothing. So not only do you get characters with a lot of fandom like slyvanas and garrosh who just go off the deep end with you just watching, the little interaction isnt that rewarding. Hopefully the next character they are doing the more darker path tyrande doesn't fail in where these other characters did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about coronavirus or geopolitics, it is about discussion of Shadowlands. Let's pivot back to the topic at hand and not about real-world current events.

In two weeks everyone will know that Shadowlands is all about Geo politics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    fully agree that these options in games are amazing. Issue with wow is you never get a decent payoff. Slyvanas loyalist just get this nice pat on the head, nzoth loyalist get basically nothing. So not only do you get characters with a lot of fandom like slyvanas and garrosh who just go off the deep end with you just watching, the little interaction isnt that rewarding. Hopefully the next character they are doing the more darker path tyrande doesn't fail in where these other characters did.
    Leave Tyrande out of this edgy dark stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    N'zoth gets a toy and a title for N'zoth oriented quests. The only reason he didn't get more specifically for siding with him is then nobody but his followers would get Nyalotha themed stuff, and people would throw a tantrum.

Sylvanas not getting anything... that's likely because she's a part of Shadowlands and N'zoth isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    If it launches mid October, the earliest it would release is mid August. Most likely a Mid October Shadowlands means a mid-late September prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because, from a game perspective, it's fun to be evil. Shit, I'd align with the old gods fully if they let me.

You best believe when I played swtor I tortured and murdered everyone, does it mean I would do things in real life? No, not in the least. But it's fun in game.
    If I were to get my real world ethics and feelings into games, I wouldn't play any game, because even the supposed 'good guys' usually act in a way that I couldn't possibly get behind if there was anything real at stake. Which is why I usually try to disregard my real life self when I play a character. There's still some things I just can't get myself to do in a game, or that I can only do while telling myself over and over 'It's just pixels!', just because I also like being immersed and for that I at least have to try and feel a little bit of what the character is feeling/doing. But that is really rare and the game already has to be good and very immersive for me to get to that point. Usually at the point my character picks up a weapon is when I have to be dis-associated enough to know it's a game and not the real world, so ... at the start of every game really
    Which is why I almost always try out the 'evil' options too in games. It's one more layer of story and it's just fun sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    N'zoth gets a toy and a title for N'zoth oriented quests. The only reason he didn't get more specifically for siding with him is then nobody but his followers would get Nyalotha themed stuff, and people would throw a tantrum.

Sylvanas not getting anything... that's likely because she's a part of Shadowlands and N'zoth isn't.
    I wish they'd give N'Zoth followers the crown of N'Zoth as transmog after BfA.

Right now, I kind of want to hide it, but if made a deliberate transmog option and not just something I have to deal with, I'd like the potential transmogging potential it has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    If I were to get my real world ethics and feelings into games, I wouldn't play any game, because even the supposed 'good guys' usually act in a way that I couldn't possibly get behind if there was anything real at stake. Which is why I usually try to disregard my real life self when I play a character. There's still some things I just can't get myself to do in a game, or that I can only do while telling myself over and over 'It's just pixels!', just because I also like being immersed and for that I at least have to try and feel a little bit of what the character is feeling/doing. But that is really rare and the game already has to be good and very immersive for me to get to that point. Usually at the point my character picks up a weapon is when I have to be dis-associated enough to know it's a game and not the real world, so ... at the start of every game really
    Which is why I almost always try out the 'evil' options too in games. It's one more layer of story and it's just fun sometimes.
    I reiterate don't make the factions(Main ones I mean) have to do it. Also its fine wanting to be on the bad side...until you start justifying that side's actions of horribleness.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If it launches mid October, the earliest it would release is mid August. Most likely a Mid October Shadowlands means a mid-late September prepatch.
    Personally I think that they will probably want the pre-paid for two months simply to get all the bugs out of the leveling system and to get hype flowing a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I reiterate don't make the factions(Main ones I mean) have to do it. Also its fine wanting to be on the bad side...until you start justifying that side's actions of horribleness.
    Justifying it in the real world? No way. And usually also not within the game world. I mean, the baddies usually think they are the good guys and simply justify their 'evil' stuff with something they think justifies it. Usually something like 'greater good'. Or some 'goal' that would justify an evil act. No baddie actually says or thinks he/she is the baddie. The maximum you'd get would be something like 'Yes, the deed was horrible, but it was necessary', which then would somehow justify it.

Which is where the difference between a gameworld and the real world comes from. In the real world there are things, that are not justifiable to me, no matter how necessary they may seem to anybody. Once I start arguing within a game world setting however, that may change. Not for me, but for the role I play there. Which I'd not usually bring to a forum though, because here it's me arguing, not a character in a game ^^

Personally I think that they will probably want the pre-paid for two months simply to get all the bugs out of the leveling system and to get hype flowing a little bit
    I fully support a longer prepatch, I think if any expansion needs one, it's this one. The Level squish is going to bring huge changes alone.

I'm starting to believe that they just melded 8.3.5 into the prepatch so they could make a "Shadowlands" update earlier, because of the bad branding associated with BFA.

Better to have less BFA updates and more Shadowlands ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think the current factions are to ingrained in what they are right now to really have anything that major go on in them, people would be pissed "this isn't what I signed up for".

Having a third faction, only in story purposes (ie, gameplay wise they are still function as a major faction, maybe like an "underground" faction) would be fun though.