Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Elizabeth "Corporately Funded - Capitalist to the Bone" Warren?

Follow your own advice.
    God I love how progressive champions of consumers are suddenly now evil, awful, terrible people.

Y'all are truly unhinged.

"WE MUST UNIFY THE PARTY...BEHIND SANDERS!" *proceeds to shit all over every other candidates endlessly and accuses them of being basically Trump*

GREAT UNITY THERE, CHAMP

Elizabeth "Corporately Funded - Capitalist to the Bone" Warren?

Follow your own advice.
    you mean the architect behind the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau?
    that person?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cons...tection_Bureau

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    that was my point as well. you don't gain votes or sympathy by attacking everyone else as a DINO.
    Most Democrats are 'DINOs' because the party doesn't really stand for anything.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Sanders is legitimately the first politician I've seen working his ass off for the cause through grass root movements and everything imaginable. Sanders isn't just like every other politician, most of them grow up with a silver spoon up their asses, get carried through university and handed a political post because of corporate or nepotist connections.
    It sucks that the DNC doesn't want Sanders. All the endorsements right when shit was about to get hairy for Biden was testament to that. When will people wake up and understand that Dems and Repubs work for the same master? They love when the fans of both teams fight because that takes away focus from everything lol.

Tribalists love jerking off to their tribalist ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    As a Sanders voter, unless Biden supports full on Medicare for all I'd rather vote for Trump at this point. If anything but to teach a lesson that is, "You should have voted for Bernie" for the second time, because clearly you Biden supporters didn't learn the first time. You guys do know that Biden voted against gay marriage in the 90's right? Polls show that people believe Sanders is stronger against Trump than Biden. Trump would destroy Biden, but we have a shot with Sanders.

Vote for Bernie because this is the record you have to deal with.
    I can't disagree with your points about Biden. There is certainly going to be a lot of mud slinging and digging up bones from both sides of the aisle.

However, for many, Biden represents the establishment which existed under Obama. And Obama was popular. I still think Trump will beat him. But the race could be very close and Biden might pull off a upset, primarily because many will vote for him to remove Trump and keep things relatively the same as it was under Obama. That is going to be his main platform.

And as I have said before, no Democrat can win the Presidency, with out strong support from African Americans. Sanders does not have that to the degree Biden does.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    hey did you notice how none of them said they would block Warren? The person who's actually done a lot more to block corporate interests?

stop spreading false information.
    Why would they block Warren when she really had no shot at that point? That's like asking why aren't they blocking Tulsi.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...45259370041344

I will protect your Social Security and Medicare, just as I have for the past 3 years. Sleepy Joe Biden will destroy both in very short order, and he won’t even know he’s doing it!
    This is what people mean when they try to warn you about Trump running "to the left" of moderates like Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. He's lying yes, he actually has proposed cutting Social Security and Medicare, but he's not wrong about Joe Biden wanting to cut Social Security and Medicare, either, there's tons of evidence of him proposing doing that. This is exactly how Trump won in 2016.

If Joe Biden is the nominee, the moderates who voted for him better figure out a way to counter this, or this is just a repeat of 2016 all over again. Telling people "that's not true" didn't work in 2016, it's not gonna work now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you blatantly ignoring the statements from super-delegates themselves?
    From some superdelegates. Who are free to form whatever opinion they want to, and vote accordingly. As are all superdelegates.

The DNC does not tell superdelegates how to vote. You're inventing an enormous conspiracy theory predicated on the idea that you don't believe anyone can have a personal opinion that you personally disagree with, unless they have some dastardly conspiracy forcing their hand. It's absolute lunacy.

I'd definitely prefer Sanders to Biden, but you're being completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    What a hugely misleading thing to say when a vast majority of them are reliant on the DNC and Big Dollar Donors to fund their campaigns especially at the Federal Level.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...atic_delegates

Again, looking this shit up takes mere seconds.

The vast majority are not elected politicians. Looks like around 450 DNC members (not politicians), 230 Reps, 30 governors, and 55 Senators. Napkin math, but even at those numbers it places elected politicians behind rank-and-file DNC members.

So first off, you're flat out wrong.

Second off, you're going to tell me every one of those governors, Reps and Senators is bought and paid for? Even Bernie Sanders, who is himself a superdelegate?

This is the kind of bad, nonsense, flat out wrong information that borderlines on overt lies that I'm talking about.

Stop it.

Yes, very much so.
    you didn't even know she did that before i told you, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know Biden surrogates were in the gaslighting business as well

Hilary Rosen

I’m horrified that anyone would think i would call Nina Turner “an angry black woman” I would NEVER!! After the TV hit last night, I was getting tons of ugly messages to keep fighting her using that phrase. I was trying to tell people to STOP. Cause I KNEW I needed to apologize.

2/2 I unequivocally know I disrespected her and I wanted to make it right by telling disgusting white folks to stop. Wow did that tweet go wrong. I am so sorry.

I’ve called Nina to apologize directly. Whether or not she takes my call, I am still humbly sorry.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-03-06 at 06:07 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is the kind of bad, nonsense, flat out wrong information that borderlines on overt lies that I'm talking about.

Stop it.
    I kind of get the impression that, for some people, "hey, it worked for Trump" is all the excuse they need.

This is how democracy dies.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Democratic Party 2020 agenda is literally just "beating Trump" and "stop being mean to us online poor people who need healthcare". That's all they're offering us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    And here we are. I'm so glad that progressives on the left are behaving more and more like the Freedom Caucus/Tea Party of the right.

Yes, very much so.
    Because the administration in power now is doing everything they can to shut it down. That is hasn't been closed and remains in operation is a huge win for Warren, actually. And when a Democrat takes power they can re-staff it and get it back to work.

Y'all are unhinged.

It took about half a second to google and find what obviously would've been wrong with whatever she's been the architect of.

How much "consumer protection" achievements does it have on it's belt?

The greatest achievement I can find about it is that 'it is considering regulating pension savings plans'............................
    https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_c...jw-lv-002-.pdf

Here you go, this is a short list of some of the bigger wins while it was actually functional under Obama. Trump gutting the office doesn't undermine or detract from these accomplishments, nor its potential to do more good when a Democrat is back in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And here we are. I'm so glad that progressives on the left are behaving more and more like the Freedom Caucus/Tea Party of the right.

Because the administration in power now is doing everything they can to shut it down. That is hasn't been closed and remains in operation is a huge win for Warren, actually. And when a Democrat takes power they can re-staff it and get it back to work.

Y'all are unhinged.
    Telling us we're unhinged and insulting us isn't gonna make us vote for your candidate in the general. Unless you've decided you don't actually need our votes or need us in the party anymore, which by all means, go for it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Democrats were a party for the people, but are now just a different kind of Republican. Unless Biden adopts some progressive ideals, the difference between him and Trump are blurry. The change we'll get with Biden over Trump is a lack of stupid Twitter comments.

What is the serious difference between Biden and Trump? He even grabs babies by the... diaper.
    If you could actually source the policy stances assigned to those candidates... it would be nice.

Call me when US consumer protection is anywhere near half as good as EU consumer protection.
    You gotta take steps towards your goals. This is one of those steps. You don't just magically arrive at your destination.

Wanna know why it isn't? Because Democrat politicians don't actually care about consumer protection as much as they care about corporate $$$.
    Again, unhinged. Thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    The Democratic Party 2020 agenda is literally just "beating Trump" and "stop being mean to us online poor people who need healthcare". That's all they're offering us lol.
    so what about expanding medicare access and two yeas of free college is nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Telling us we're unhinged and insulting us isn't gonna make us vote for your candidate in the general. Unless you've decided you don't actually need our votes or need us in the party anymore, which by all means, go for it then.
    I don't have a candidate. Haven't been and still am not a Biden guy. I'm voting blue no matter who, I'm just pointing out the garbage tier arguments from some Trump supporters, and pointing out when these opinions and views are completely detached from reality.

If that gets folks panties in a bunch, I don't know what to tell you. Vote for Trump to "own the moderate libs"? I'd say that's voting against our collective interest, but apparently that's not a view that's wildly held amongst the most ardent Trump supporters. I mean, the behavior of a lot of the Sanders camp is turning me off to him harder and harder to the point where I've mused with not voting for him out of protest, but then the rational part of my brain kicks in and I realize that's a stupid fucking idea and know that I'll vote for Sanders in November should he get the nomination.