Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ikr, why not just give the currency to everyone and put a vendor down with all the options and restrictions in place for spending them. They love their lesser currencies so much anyway, they think they're so smart but it just shows how dumb and old the game really is.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Did anyone else receive LESS Titan Residuum than usual? (or none!)

I suspect this is linked to the Echoes drop ://////// help

You trashcans really do cry about everything dont you

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    No. You don't need them all. You need one or more.
    You need one or more you don't already have*

My DH is missing a bunch of rank 3 essences, but only one that I've unlocked on something else, so I got 600 Echoes from my PvP/M+ box, bought the only rank 3 essence I could and now no more Echoes drop for my DH. I'd have to unlock a new rank 3 essence on something else for him to start getting Echoes. My alts are getting Echoes though because they don't have those essences, so it seems the system works properly but it just stops giving you Echoes once you can no longer buy any essences on that specific character.

Not sure how I feel about it, on one hand it'd be nice to stockpile Echoes so I can instantly get essences once I unlock them once, but on the other hand once you have all rank 3s you'd be getting a currency that has literally no use, and that seems dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    So logging into your main for a few seconds equals messing up everything? Mmm, okay
    I believe it's less that and more the gross incompetence Blizzard and its programmers has when it comes to how databases work. There shouldn't have been a need to log into your "main" first (either now or back with transmogs, mounts, pets, toys, or anything else). THEY ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE ALL THE FUCKING DATA ALREADY. You are/were literally providing them with -zero- new information. They're just so shit at their job they couldn't even accomplish this one, simple, basic function of programming without adding in a completely unnecessary step.

It's Blizzard that deserves the mockery for how bad they are at their job, not defense from a bunch of sycophants who'll defend them no matter what happens. (You know how you mock Trump supporters, flat Earthers, climate deniers, and antivaxxers for doing the same thing? Yeah, that's because it is literally the same thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    Did anyone else receive LESS Titan Residuum than usual? (or none!)

I suspect this is linked to the Echoes drop ://////// help
    Blizz:
    Please note: Echoes of Ny’alotha may appear to replace Azerite in the Emissary and PvP reward panes, however, it does not. Echoes of Ny’alotha are always additive with existing rewards. We believe that it is more important to release this update with a reward display issue than hold the change for a fix. We expect to fix the display issue in the next week or two.

It is indeed something to do with the Echoes, but just a bug. It's an error with displaying the other currency on the screen, you should have gotten the amount in your currency tab anyway. Did you check that? Is it not updated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You seriously can't understand the downside for some players gaining a currency they cannot ever possibly use? You don't see how that would be a bad experience for them?

If you're going to "hurrr derrrr Blizzard so stoopid!" at least put some thought into more than just your super narrow perspective. Good chances are that you lost a total of like 80 echos from opening up your +4 cache, it will be ok, you'll recover.
    What an intelligent response. Thank you for your great insight. 1938 rating PvP chest opening and a M+ 13. But really, thank you so much for this response, you're a doll. God Bless.

There's no downside for players gaining a currency they'll never use. See Titan Residuum for a lot of players. See Prismatic pearls for a lot of players, etc etc. It's something you can completely ignore if you don't need it. How do you see this as an issue at all? I'm in awe of your expansive mind.

Talk about narrow perspective...you say this will be bad for players, but provide no evidence as to why. Truly, you're amazing.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2020-03-17 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you have to do is two fold:

1. Log into the toon with the rank 3 or higher essence
    2. Not whine on a forum about a 2 minute task.
    Putin khuliyo

This is much worse than a bit of lost currency https://www.wowhead.com/news=311669....ence-to-unlock

Oh yeah those precious few seconds wasted logging onto your main character..

The only problem I see with this, is based on how it is worded, it means that if you log in to something else first, it will be treated as your main and thus you won't be able to get the essences on your alt? Am I understanding it right? If that's the case, then yeah it is horrible because so many people will just log a random alt first thing after reset and f themselves up.

If it just means you have to log in to your main character at all, then it's no problem at all.

Complaining about everything... your parents did not raise you right.

Oh no, 1-2 essences you will get 1-2 days later. It is just pathetic how impatient people can be. You are not handycapped forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I can’t fathom introducing a system where you have to log into your main to ‘prime the system’. Why did you have to blur the lines, how was this at all necessary? I cannot imagine a scenario where any reason could possibly make more sense than just adding the currency into the game and allowing it to drop on all characters.

Wtf Blizzard?
    Um wut? This kind of thing has happened a large number of times in wow's past. Basically you need to log in the main once to force the system to see what they have. This happened with things like account bound reps/various achivements/account wide transmogs and a number of other things. Its simpler instead of doing a massive pull of god knows how many account to simply have it so active users log in a main for a second to trip the checks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    You log in ANY character that has one or more rank 3 essence.
    It is basically the wardrobe login stuff again. Log in all of the characters that have them once just to force the system to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only problem I see with this, is based on how it is worded, it means that if you log in to something else first, it will be treated as your main and thus you won't be able to get the essences on your alt? Am I understanding it right? If that's the case, then yeah it is horrible because so many people will just log a random alt first thing after reset and f themselves up.

If it just means you have to log in to your main character at all, then it's no problem at all.
    No it just works like the other account wide upgrades they have done. Any character who has a different rank 3 essence that you log into now flags your account as having that available for other characters. For most people this will be one character who is their main but the system does not care. Logging in just forces the system to see what that character has for account wide access.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Oh no, 1-2 essences you will get 1-2 days later. It is just pathetic how impatient people can be. You are not handycapped forever.
    more like 1-2 weeks later

They didn't. This is how it was always going to work.
    How did you expect otherwise?
    There are no achievements for most essences.
    The game has to register that you have them some how.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    What an intelligent response. Thank you for your great insight. 1938 rating PvP chest opening and a M+ 13. But really, thank you so much for this response, you're a doll. God Bless.

There's no downside for players gaining a currency they'll never use. See Titan Residuum for a lot of players. See Prismatic pearls for a lot of players, etc etc. It's something you can completely ignore if you don't need it. How do you see this as an issue at all? I'm in awe of your expansive mind.

Talk about narrow perspective...you say this will be bad for players, but provide no evidence as to why. Truly, you're amazing.
    If you were a game designer I would not play your game. You state something as fact that I think it pretty dumb. I would not have a problem with someone disagreeing and saying that one con outweighs the other (that's reasonable), but to be completely incapable of conceding there is a downside is just really sad.

Your example of the pearls is fantastic and points to what I'm talking about. You can spend them no matter who you are. It is absolutely not a currency that you get that is inherently not usable. Thank you for furthering my point.

Lastly, IMO you should calm the fuck down. Nobody is pillaging your house and carrying off your children to the slave market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense to me.

FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea blizzard definitely dropped the ball. The amount of grinding it takes to unlock r3 on an alt is too much. By the time I'm done grinding and have 3 r3 essences unlocked, I'll probably be burnt out and unable to enjoy my character that now has its full toolkit. The way I'm looking at it is that without access to rank 3 essences, you're pretty much playing with one hand behind your back since you don't have access to your full toolkit. Once you get your necessary r3 essences, it's like having that hand freed and you're now able to play the game with both hands. You don't get access to any new content or gain anything. By trying to meet in the middle and not hand out r3 essences to those that have earned it on atleast 1 character, they've failed to make anyone happy. I thought I'd return to WoW and get a few r3 essences on my alts that are 450+ ilvl w/ 3 or so r1 essences, but that won't be the case. My alts are still gimped and the possibility of unlocking 3 or so r3 essences on each one is still a huge time consumption.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    It's very easy to "fathom" someone writing a "if char_inventory == r3_essence_check()" but forgetting to include it in a loop that goes through all characters on the account :-) It's not beyond fathom.

It's pretty lulzy, especially when it goes through QA and is deployed in production, but hey, this kind of stupid shit actually happens in "serious production systems" and we're talking about a 15 year old videogame spaghetti-code incident here.

(actually it wouldn't surprise me at all if that kind of iteration was actually "impossible" to do with character loot events)
    You think the keyboard turner that posted this thread knows what an if statement, equivalency operators, or function calls are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yea blizzard definitely dropped the ball. The amount of grinding it takes to unlock r3 on an alt is too much. By the time I'm done grinding and have 3 r3 essences unlocked, I'll probably be burnt out and unable to enjoy my character that now has its full toolkit. The way I'm looking at it is that without access to rank 3 essences, you're pretty much playing with one hand behind your back since you don't have access to your full toolkit. Once you get your necessary r3 essences, it's like having that hand freed and you're now able to play the game with both hands. You don't get access to any new content or gain anything. By trying to meet in the middle and not hand out r3 essences to those that have earned it on atleast 1 character, they've failed to make anyone happy. I thought I'd return to WoW and get a few r3 essences on my alts that are 450+ ilvl w/ 3 or so r1 essences, but that won't be the case. My alts are still gimped and the possibility of unlocking 3 or so r3 essences on each one is still a huge time consumption.
    Sorry but it barely takes any time at all to do this, and its stuff you needed to do anyways to level your cloak.

I'd like to invite whatever mod infracted this to explain what is trolling about this post. Or do you just not understand anything about coding and think I hide some kind secret message in there.
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2020-03-19 at 11:48 PM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]