Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Echoes of Ny’alotha.. how did you mess this up..

I can’t fathom introducing a system where you have to log into your main to ‘prime the system’. Why did you have to blur the lines, how was this at all necessary? I cannot imagine a scenario where any reason could possibly make more sense than just adding the currency into the game and allowing it to drop on all characters.

Wtf Blizzard?

I guess whoever didn't put "Drop echoes even if player has all r3 essences" line there had too much faith in the playerbase.

So logging into your main for a few seconds equals messing up everything? Mmm, okay
    Last edited by Popastique; 2020-03-17 at 05:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    I can’t fathom introducing a system where you have to log into your main to ‘prime the system’. Why did you have to blur the lines, how was this at all necessary? I cannot imagine a scenario where any reason could possibly make more sense than just adding the currency into the game and allowing it to drop on all characters.

Wtf Blizzard?
    "you mean I actually have to log into the character that I earned the essence on?! WTF how can you make me spend five seconds doing something! You must be padding your MAU stats!"

CoV-19 entering mmo-c.

It's the same with how transmogs were handled when they were introduced. You had to log on to every character you had to have all the transmogs visible in your transmog tab. I don't see a problem with logging on your main character as that is USUALLY the character you start your weekly/daily tasks on reset.

So basically how the transmog tab functioned when first introduced and how the honor level system functions as of 8.0, and how the toybox system has worked since WoD and how the achievement system has worked since WotLK... Wait, what are we complaining about again?

I wouldn't want to add yet another useless resource to my main's resource tab, so I'm glad they're doing it this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post

Wtf Blizzard?
    While I am certain this is a troll post, logging into main is needed so that the system can parse what essences you have so to unlock them on other characters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think people understand how stupid Blizzard actually is here and what the OP means. What is the point in not making the system give you echoes regardless if you have rank 3 essences or not. Not everyone looks at social media and is aware of how the current system works. Logged on my character I recently re-rolled alliance today...expecting to get echoes after opening my chests....nope! Gotta log on alts that have rank 3 essences to even receive the echoes on the character I need them on. Horrible oversight on Blizzards part. Not that big of a deal since you can practically infinitely grind them, it's just stupid they didn't see this as an issue before hand.

Of course it makes sense to log on the characters that have the essences to buy them on an alt...but to have to log into them to receive the echoes in the first place? Hahaha

WoW has always required you to log onto a character that has an item before its accessed across the whole account. This is not new or surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure every single system introduced so far that expands something to other characters needs you to log the relevant character to "spread" it through your other characters.

This is neither new nor unusual, and was in fact quite expected. I'm actually surprised they had to tell us in a post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't bait, guys.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Don't think people understand how stupid Blizzard actually is here and what the OP means. What is the point in not making the system give you echoes regardless if you have rank 3 essences or not. Not everyone looks at social media and is aware of how the current system works. Logged on my character I recently re-rolled alliance today...expecting to get echoes after opening my chests....nope! Gotta log on alts that have rank 3 essences to even receive the echoes on the character I need them on. Horrible oversight on Blizzards part. Not that big of a deal since you can practically infinitely grind them, it's just stupid they didn't see this as an issue before hand.

Of course it makes sense to log on the characters that have the essences to buy them on an alt...but to have to log into them to receive the echoes in the first place? Hahaha
    You seriously can't understand the downside for some players gaining a currency they cannot ever possibly use? You don't see how that would be a bad experience for them?

If you're going to "hurrr derrrr Blizzard so stoopid!" at least put some thought into more than just your super narrow perspective. Good chances are that you lost a total of like 80 echos from opening up your +4 cache, it will be ok, you'll recover.

Honest question tho.

If i have a rank 3 on one toon, then another rank 3 on another toon, if i want to make those 2 available for a third toon that is now my main, should i log the first 2 toons then my new main?

i dont mind spending 5 seconds on each toon *sigh milenials*, i just have a decent and honest doubt lol
    Last edited by Minervablue; 2020-03-17 at 05:24 PM.

So do I need all rank 3 essences to be able to get echoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    WoW has always required you to log onto a character that has an item before its accessed across the whole account. This is not new or surprising.
    It's not about specific essences. It's if you don't log you main first, than an alt that opens a weekly chest wont even get the currency.

How do you confirm which toon is your "main" ? I have 3 toons all with similar ilvl and similar ranked essences..

Quote Originally Posted by Minervablue View Post
    Honest question tho.

If i have a rank 3 on one toon, then another rank 3 on another toon, if i want to make those 2 available for a third toon that is now my main, should i log the first 2 toons then my new main?

i dont mind spending 5 seconds on each toon *sign milenials*, i just have a decent and honest doubt lol
    Log into any character that has one or more essence at rank 3. From that point forward any other character you do an echo gaining activity on (such as opening the challenger chest) will grant you echos.

it makes sense. its a new system.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So do I need all rank 3 essences to be able to get echoes?
    No. You don't need them all. You need one or more.