Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    So you're just going to ignore all the cases of younger people dying too? And the fact that those cases are increasing as hospitals become overwhelmed?
    I'm sure that you want me to believe that healthy younger people are dying by the thousands here...

Except the reality is different.

I'm a lot more concerned about the shooting that happened a couple of days ago in my area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A strip mall has separate entrances for separate stores...wtf...
    If they want the mortality rates to drop they need to keep the elderly locked up.
    they need to keep everyone except essential people like servicesmen, doctors and nurses, maintenance people and retail staff held in quarantine. Unless your doing something that provides service to people in need to stop people dying then you've no reason to leave your house.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I think difference is caused by number of tests and attitude towards testing.

In China they were doing much more testing than other countries are doing now, they were also actively looking for people with symptoms instead of just waiting for them to call. Temperature checks everywhere, people reporting other people. Lockdowns meant actual lock downs, with roadblocks and guards to prevent anyone from leaving. They were taking this way more seriously than European countries do now.
    I believe that was a result of things were going south very badly, they didn't respond well to this at all at first. In comparison the European countries are doing much more in the first week than they did, sure we learned from them.

But i find that to be an unfair statement that they are taking it way more serious than EU countries are. Considering their attempt to cover it up, their attempt to control this badly is the reason we are in this situation.

And for your information, everyone from Belgium is told to stay at home. You are only allowed outside to go shopping, to a doctor, to give care, to be part of certain professions that are needed during this crisis.
    You are allowed to go outside for a walk but only with 2 people, or one person and some kids (your kids) and you are limited to a 4 km radius around your home. And you need to maintain distance between each other while doing so.
    You are not allowed to travel to another home. Our borders are fully closed only with working permits you are allowed to enter or leave the country.
    You are not allowed to visit your grandparents, elderly homes are locked down only crucial personal or personal caregivers are allowed in.
    Our Healthcare system is using all personal and giving them crash courses if they aren't used to working in ICU, all non crucial surgeries and appointments are moved or cancelled.
    You can't go and simply see a doctor you need to phone them and only if you are in bad health they'll come and get you in ambulance to directly move you to an ICU.

All stores are closed except for groceries and pharmacists, only a limited amount of people are allowed to enter one and this is based on the size of the store, one person per square meters, security guards are placed at stores to uphold this. The amount of goods being bought now is also being controlled.

If you are caught breaking any of these rules you can face fines up to 4000 euros or even jail time up to 3 months.

Governments have accepted that i believe at least 10% of the GDP is going to be added to debt as they grant EVERYONE automatically technical unemployement which covers your wage for 70%

So tell me again, European nations are not taking this as serious as China? Really. Where in gods name are you getting that from that we are not taking this "as serious as China"
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2020-03-20 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well, looks like Poland is under lockdown till april 12 (in best case scenario).

10+ Year Old Account
    I do look forward to how this will impact US politics for the future. Demonstrating a perfect example of why we need these social safety nets in place for situations like this and how those can be extended for even less severe circumstances.

New York has gone on lockdown along with California today. Unfortunately, those sanctions won't be enforced by law so are essentially no more than "advice". I do admire Gov. Cuomo for his statement regarding taking full responsibility for the decision and so those unhappy with it should blame him and no one else.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're just going to ignore all the cases of younger people dying too? And the fact that those cases are increasing as hospitals become overwhelmed?
    Not yet, if people don't listen and numbers keep going up since i believe the infection rate doubles every two days at the start. I fully for see that it will be enforced if need be to maintain stability.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Italy is likely (for a number of reasons) to be hit somewhat harder than the US. But Italy hasn't, by a long shot, seen the worst of what they're going to see in the coming weeks, and neither has the US.
    Italy has already been hit hardest, even harder than the China, more dead people but 2x less sick. And I can agree with that, it will be much worse until it becomes better. My country ( Serbia) atm has abou 140 with virus (but the actual number could be 10x that), and even my incompetent president declared state of emergency on Sunday when the number was <20, but what they didn't do is closed the restaurants, bars.... and today they decided they will do it on Sunday, in two days. Also some 70,000 people crossed the border, most of them from Spain, Germany, Italy.... and they sent them.home in isation and put of those 70,000 some 4000.broke it and left their homes. What they should have done is "rent" entire hotels and put them in rooms and if they leave the room they are fined. Also they borbid everyone ove 65 to leave home and we have curfew from 8pm - 5am, if you are caught outside fine is 1400$ and if you leave isolation up to 3 years in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well, looks like Poland is under lockdown till april 12 (in best case scenario).
    Same with Slovenia, and the Netherlands closed universities until september

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Italy has already been hit hardest, even harder than the China, more dead people but 2x less sick. And I can agree with that, it will be much worse until it becomes better. My country ( Serbia) atm has abou 140 with virus (but the actual number could be 10x that), and even my incompetent president declared state of emergency on Sunday when the number was <20, but what they didn't do is closed the restaurants, bars.... and today they decided they will do it on Sunday, in two days. Also some 70,000 people crossed the border, most of them from Spain, Germany, Italy.... and they sent them.home in isation and put of those 70,000 some 4000.broke it and left their homes. What they should have done is "rent" entire hotels and put them in rooms and if they leave the room they are fined. Also they borbid everyone ove 65 to leave home and we have curfew from 8pm - 5am, if you are caught outside fine is 1400$ and if you leave isolation up to 3 years in prison.
    I don't wish to alarm you, but the bolded part is exactly what Italy did wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    seems like a short time, 23 days, given countries are telling elderly to remain quarantine for 3 months.
    #boycottchina

Except there very likely will be mass deaths if nothing is done. That's the problem with people like you. If we end up doing a wide shut down to reduce the deaths you'll just look back and say "See I was right!!" When in reality you were still wrong.
    This to me is the most irritating part of the whole thing. If we take extreme measures and save millions of people, millions more - some of those who would be dead in the alternate reality even - will be crowing about how stupid we all were for overreacting.

Illinois is under "shelter in place" effective tomorrow til april 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    China quickly took the measures the Western world are niw taking. When after 3 weeks they saw it wasn't doing any good Wuhan went on full lockdown (nobody can leave their home) and tested and pulled out infected people systematically. No healthy carrier nonsense. For 4 extra weeks. Only then did things get better. And it will take a few more months to win this fight.

Serbia, like Slovenia where I live are not that densely populated, which helps so we might not need to go full lockdown, but for more crowded places there will be a serious price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't wish to alarm you, but the bolded part is exactly what Italy did wrong.
    Yeah I know. I don't understand why they didn't do that in 1st place. But tbh I was out for a walk today and I can't say I have seen people in bars/restaurants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    seems like a short time, 23 days, given countries are telling elderly to remain quarantine for 3 months.
    We are already having it for over a week. + they gonna probably push it 2 weeks everytime it nears its end to not cause unrest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    China quickly took the measures the Western world are niw taking. When after 3 weeks they saw it wasn't doing any good Wuhan went on full lockdown (nobody can leave their home) and tested and pulled out infected people systematically. No healthy carrier nonsense. For 4 extra weeks. Only then did things get better. And it will take a few more months to win this fight.

Serbia, like Slovenia where I live are not that densely populated, which helps so we might not need to go full lockdown, but for more crowded places there will be a serious price to pay.
    Omegalol, don't make me laugh.

We're in shit of this magnitude right now exactly because China did not take measures quickly. They already knew something was brewing as early as start of December, if not end of November. They went on full denial and crap for whole bloody 2 months until mid-January when they finally started locking shit down hard.

If they would take care of it quickly, we would not have this shit spread to the extent it did over the world. China's fuck-up is not to be underestimated.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news - we have first death, 88 years old. 2 more critical - 89 and 91 years old.

they need to keep everyone except essential people like servicesmen, doctors and nurses, maintenance people and retail staff held in quarantine. Unless your doing something that provides service to people in need to stop people dying then you've no reason to leave your house.
    Medical equip...broadcasting equip...servicing those sectors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Medical equip...broadcasting equip...servicing those sectors.
    Them too yeah.
    #boycottchina

It's spread to Madagascar now, Greenland too, no place left to hide. I also may have been playing too much Plague Inc while sheltering in place, probably not the best game to play right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    It's spread to Madagascar now, Greenland too, no place left to hide. I also may have been playing too much Plague Inc while sheltering in place, probably not the best game to play right now...
    It's world wide, Greenland was already hit a week ago. Been going through my game collection also, was thinking of going through the Resident Evil 1 and 2 remasters might not be the best games to play alone during a virus outbreak.

15+ Year Old Account
    so you went to the hospital yourself, and then they told you to go back and quarantine without even giving you an update.
    don't get me wrong i'm not blaming you, you could only do it this way and took responsibility for yourself, but your right, they just seem to be half arsing it.

Take care, same to everyone here.
    Well, they were more worried about my other issues/symptoms than the respiratory/corona related, hence the blood work. I was fairly sure they weren't going to test me, but I am showing symptoms and I'm in the risk group so I felt like I had to at least contact them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I have to add that when I was in the hospital, they put me wait in the normal general waiting room with other people - granted there weren't that many people in addition to me, like three and I wasn't that near them.

One lady looked fucking mortified when I was being handled by hazmat suited doctors and nurses and other patients weren't - and I was sitting on a bench like 3 meters from her. It was interesting to see the terror in her eyes when she put the 2+2 together.

I think they should have handled the situation better and kept me waiting somewhere else.

Oh and there was this specific door that was reserved for possible corona patients. I wasn't told about it when I entered the hospital, I came in from the main entrance and went to the ER area where I was told to go. However when I was leaving the hospital they told me to use the other route.

- - - Updated - - -

And to add another fuckup to the list:

The person who took my blood work had no extra protection at all. Just basic gloves, no mask or anything else. The doctor and nurse were properly equipped though.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.