Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh the glorious irony.
    That's not a denial. You want so badly to beat orange man you guys are letting a man who should obviously not be running lead your party.

“My focus is just dealing with this crisis right now. I haven’t thought about any more debates,. I think we’ve had enough debates. I think we should get on with this,” Joe Biden says when asked if there should be more Democratic debates. He's right. There shouldn't be more debates. But there's also the fact that even though he did great in the last debate, he has looked bad in every public appearance since. The problem is, he will have to debate Trump. And as bad as you think Trump is, he will tear Joe Biden up. If he doesn't debate Trump, he will be labeled afraid and scared. And you guys had 3 years to come up with a candidate. It's like when Republicans were asked why they had no replacement for the ACA when they had 6 years to come up with an answer. Your best answer is a man who is in declining health and should not be out there.

You want more, here's something you guys ignore but is being pointed out. He touches his face A LOT. The thing with Tapper where he covered his face instead of using his arm? Normally this stuff could be blown off, but now especially it's being highlighted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, I'm actually not. Do you even know about Biden and his physical ailment? Or are you just going to continue your usual ignorance and hatred?

#TexasLies
    So you are denying you are not choosing party over an elderly man's health?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You want more, here's something you guys ignore but is being pointed out. He touches his face A LOT.
    OMG he's human! Holy shit - you got it.

The thing with Tapper where he covered his face instead of using his arm? Normally this stuff could be blown off, but now especially it's being highlighted.
    You mean being highlighted by you?

So you're denying that you have literally no clue what you're talking about?

Shout when you catch up - we'll be here, as always, correcting your mistakes, and linking evidence you can't be bothered to find.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Its going to be so much fun to watch you 2 fight over which senile grandfather is better.
    I am not fighting over either one, Cubby thinks he is better then everyone and called the kettle out for abusing a candidate for President on website disgusting. There is a thousand + page thread where he and others continually make fun of an elderly man. But I post a quote by said person and I am being disgusting.

That's not a denial. You want so badly to beat orange man you guys are letting a man who should obviously not be running lead your party.

“My focus is just dealing with this crisis right now. I haven’t thought about any more debates,. I think we’ve had enough debates. I think we should get on with this,” Joe Biden says when asked if there should be more Democratic debates. He's right. There shouldn't be more debates. But there's also the fact that even though he did great in the last debate, he has looked bad in every public appearance since. The problem is, he will have to debate Trump. And as bad as you think Trump is, he will tear Joe Biden up. If he doesn't debate Trump, he will be labeled afraid and scared. And you guys had 3 years to come up with a candidate. It's like when Republicans were asked why they had no replacement for the ACA when they had 6 years to come up with an answer. Your best answer is a man who is in declining health and should not be out there.

You want more, here's something you guys ignore but is being pointed out. He touches his face A LOT. The thing with Tapper where he covered his face instead of using his arm? Normally this stuff could be blown off, but now especially it's being highlighted.

- - - Updated - - -

Does Biden even know/recall he's running for President. Somebody needs to remind him.

Right now it doesn't matter how bad Trump bungles management of the coronavirus, the Democratic offering is just THAT bad.

And if the staged reboot of the economy turns out ok (mind you NYC bears most of the burden, skews the numbers and the hype)...then it's all over for the DNC. And probably for a long time.

OMG he's human! Holy shit - you got it.

You mean being highlighted by you?

So you're denying that you have literally no clue what you're talking about?

Shout when you catch up - we'll be here, as always, correcting your mistakes, and linking evidence you can't be bothered to find.
    I missed the part where you post abuse of only certain elderly people. Everyone of you makes fun of Trump and then you get up on the soapbox to pretend to give 2 shits about a different elderly person?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am not fighting over either one, Cubby thinks he is better then everyone and called the kettle out for abusing a candidate for President on website disgusting. There is a thousand + page thread where he and others continually make fun of an elderly man. But I post a quote by said person and I am being disgusting.
    Everything in here is a lie mistruth. Congrats - you're meeting our expectations perfectly. Let me know what you're confused about and I'll help. Just as a hint - I've been 100% consistent on my positions. And just as a clue - making fun of Trump isn't inconsistent with my policy on Biden. You are just so ignorant about what's actually going, and what's actually said, vs your own echo chamber, you can't keep it straight.

But please, keep making fun of people with physical disabilities. You're just as deplorable as your Dear Leader.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed the part where you post abuse of only certain elderly people. Everyone of you makes fun of Trump and then you get up on the soapbox to pretend to give 2 shits about a different elderly person?
    Exactly - you missed the post. Thanks for agreeing with me. Shout if you give up searching for it and I'll explain. Thanks for admitting you were wrong - so big of you.

Everything in here is a lie mistruth. Congrats - you're meeting our expectations perfectly. Let me know what you're confused about and I'll help. Just as a hint - I've been 100% consistent on my positions. And just as a clue - making fun of Trump isn't inconsistent with my policy on Biden. You are just so ignorant about what's actually going, and what's actually said, vs your own echo chamber, you can't keep it straight.

But please, keep making fun of people with physical disabilities. You're just as deplorable as your Dear Leader.

- - - Updated - - -

See - exactly. You missed the post. Thanks for agreeing with me. Shout if give up finding it and I'll explain. Thanks for admitting you were wrong - so big of you.
    Oh i see, you only defend the elderly with physical disabilities. But you think him misspeaking is a physical disability? keep pretending to boost yourself up and only attack other elderly people. You think you are making a point, but you';re just trying to mislead. You say Trump fucks up every day, and he misspeaks sometimes. If Biden misspeaks , it's a physical disability EVERY TIME?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh i see, you only defend the elderly with physical disabilities. But you think him misspeaking is a physical disability? keep pretending to boost yourself up and only attack other elderly people.
    So you don't know about Biden's physical disability? Wow - I've seen some mental gaffe's on this forum, but this might take the cake. Usually your ignorance is veiled in concerning, but this is just blatant.

But at least you learned something, right?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-25 at 07:59 PM.

As someone who has the worst of a stutter, basically can only sing when under pressure, I have NEVER made any of the stupid gaffes Biden makes. I have talked for audiences of 100's of people and although it gave me a lot of anxiety I never blundered like him. Strangely he almost never made these mistakes when he was younger.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Guy of Gisbourne View Post
    As someone who has the worst of a stutter, basically can only sing when under pressure, I have NEVER made any of the stupid gaffes Biden makes. I have talked for audiences of 100's of people and although it gave me a lot of anxiety I never blundered like him. Strangely he almost never made these mistakes when he was younger.
    Seems like it takes about 17 minutes to create a new account and post. Good information to have.

You'll understand if we take your awfully convenient empirical data with a grain of salt, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Makes sense why conservative/centrist dems are just trying to explain it away as a 'stutter', they have been attacking Trump for being senile for years now, so how else would they justify Biden's dementia?

Or does Trump also have a stutter now?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Tbh, I've not seen Biden actually 'stutter' in any of his speeches.

People who stutter generally do that by continuously repeating the same sound. I know what stutters sound like... His 'gaffes' are just complete mental oopsies. Moments where he seemingly tuned out or just can't remember the words.

Here are a bunch of people with different sorts of stutters. It doesn't come anywhere close to whatever Biden's gaffes are, they're not stutters...
    Your vitriol-laden ignorance has no place here. Go and learn about what different stutters do to different people instead of learning from youtube videos. FFS, the link I provided had the information you can't seem to find. Hint re Biden's Stutter: searching for the right word.

Stutters are not what you see in Monty Python skits.

- - - Updated - - -

Makes sense why conservative/centrist dems are just trying to explain it away as a 'stutter', they have been attacking Trump for being senile for years now, so how else would they justify Biden's dementia?
    You just keep on showing us what you true character - sickening how you can make fun or physical disabilities. It's adorable how Trumpkins see new information and then immediately dismiss it, because feels before reals is the only way your insane world can work.

Joe Biden has suffered from a stutter his entire life.

Or does Trump also have a stutter now?
    Maybe Trump's "bone spurs" are what's causing his mental problems though, right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    ......... You just insulted a whole bunch of people who actually do have stutters. You realize that?

I just linked you a video of a bunch of people with real stutters.

Here is another person with a real stutter:
    But you go ahead and throw all people with real disabilities under the bus to try protect some silver spoon politician who is going to blast you in the a*** once elected.
    Lol, no, I didn't. I actually used a quote from The Stuttering Foundation, but you keep swimming in your perceptual ignorance. Remember, youtube videos are neither evidence nor accurate. They are just empirical.

Those people in the video are just that - people in a video. I'm linking you medical evidence and cites that can get you informed about what's going on. Your choices to ignore that just showcase your true character.

Is “it’s just a stutter” gonna become the new “it’s just locker room talk”

Seems like it takes about 17 minutes to create a new account and post. Good information to have.

You'll understand if we take your awfully convenient empirical data with a grain of salt, right?
    Single post burner aside, why don't you go back and watch him debating Palin and Ryan. People- including some who have been around long enough to know about his stutter and have seen him talk for years- were questioning whether or not he still had 'it' long before this meme blew up. This whole "Joe Biden/Dementia" thing isn't just a Bernie Bro/Trumphadi thing. Oh wait, here's notable Berne Bro Cory Booker defending the attacks on Biden's memory by fellow Bernie Bro Julian Castro. Joe Scarborough, total Bernie Bro of course, compared Biden to Reagan when he was showing signs of decline (I think it was after the debate where he rambled about leaving record players on).

But the thing you have to remember is that perception matters more than reality. You and I know that Biden has a stutter, but @TexasRules has a point- millions of people that don't know about Biden's stutter are going to compare Donny McAdderall's manic energy with Joe Biden's "old man struggling to find words." The saving grace of course is that debates don't really matter much.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're people with stutters.

Real people.
    So are those people everyone who has a stutter? And there are no other forms of stutters? You finally catching on? I get that you're relatively new to arguing, but the goal is to advance your own point, not the person you're arguing with. Regardless, thanks for the confirmation

Whatever they show on camera, is more honest and reliable than whatever mainstream misinformation you're trying to have people read.
    Holy fuck - I guess you didn't read this before posting? Or maybe think about it longer than three seconds?

You heard it here first! People in youtube videos are more reliable than scientific papers and research. Can you please stop embarrassing yourself? Please? This is kindergarten level logic here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Single post burner aside, why don't you go back and watch him debating Palin and Ryan. People- including some who have been around long enough to know about his stutter and have seen him talk for years- were questioning whether or not he still had 'it' long before this meme blew up. This whole "Joe Biden/Dementia" thing isn't just a Bernie Bro/Trumphadi thing. Oh wait, here's notable Berne Bro Cory Booker defending the attacks on Biden's memory by fellow Bernie Bro Julian Castro. Joe Scarborough, total Bernie Bro of course, compared Biden to Reagan when he was showing signs of decline (I think it was after the debate where he rambled about leaving record players on).

But the thing you have to remember is that perception matters more than reality. You and I know that Biden has a stutter, but @TexasRules has a point- millions of people that don't know about Biden's stutter are going to compare Donny McAdderall's manic energy with Joe Biden's "old man struggling to find words." The saving grace of course is that debates don't really matter much.
    And I think you make a valid point. Perception matters. And I'm trying to clarify that perception.

As to "it" being around long before this round of attacks piped up, I realize that, and want people to consider that it might all be related to his documented physical disability. People generally don't understand the variety of stutters people can suffer from. I had to read up on Biden's because it's atypical.

As for people like those you mentioned in this forum responding to this issue - they are so easy to deal with, I just use them for practice. I argue with them and see how their ideas develop, and it helps me streamline my talking points for those people who actually matter.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Gestopft something I should consider as well - maybe calling Biden's stutter what it is, a physical disability, isn't a good idea either. As you pointed out, perception matters, and maybe that's also a bad perception.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-03-25 at 08:59 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here is Biden himself explaining that his gaffes are not due to his stutter and that he stopped stuttering a long time at an early age: https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-stut...f971c38d9.html

Biden said: “Look, the mistakes I make are mistakes. And some people think I still stutter. I don't think of myself that way.”
    Is that what the Biden quote says? Interesting. So we'll add reading comprehension to your list of homework.

Also - and in debating, this is called a secondary argument, just in case you're curious - just because Biden says his gaffes aren't related to his stutter, doesn't mean they aren't. People self diagnosing is another unreliable source of information.

Maybe there's a youtube video on that you could believe....

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And btw, no need to try to blackmail me into adhering to the mainstream media of political misinformation through ad hominem. I make the deliberate approach to not consider any opinion worthwhile if it can't be explained without referring to some technocratic explanation.
    You mean like a foundation dedicated to the subject we're discussing? I can do this all day. I do appreciate you making this so easy though.

Oh - follow up - where was the technocratic explanation in those youtube videos again? I must have missed it the first time around.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested to see it if you have a short one that explains it succintly.

I hope you realize how weird it is to desperately try to defend a DINO who himself admits that his verbal mistakes and cognitive problems are not due to his stutter. A stutter which he explains got cured decades ago already...
    It's really, really, dangerously weird that you think youtube videos hold more scientific value than scientists and their opinions. But hey, we all can't swim in reality - enjoy your world!

- - - Updated - - -

Correct.

If you can't defend your opinion without referring to them it's probably not an opinion worth having or defending.
    Is anyone else reading this? Because I'm having trouble seeing it clearly through the tears of laughter.

I guess we're done here. I will keep this bookmarked though for later reference. It's going to be interesting watching you attempt to hold any significant opinion stronger than your favorite color, considering how you disdain science and prefer empirical youtube videos to bolster your opinion. Good luck!

I've never argued otherwise.

But if the choice is between maliciously and dangerously senile Trump, and pedestrian senile Biden who will actually have competent people surrounding him and a VP that isn't a theocrat waiting to take the mantle, you can bet your ass I'm choosing Biden.

I'll take a guy who touches his face (sup, I've realized how much I unconsciously do that recently too!) over a guy who ignores medical advice and routinely hosts press briefings with people packed shoulder to shoulder. Over a guy who shakes the hand of nearly a dozen people on stage rather than doing something safer like an elbow bump. Over a guy who stares directly into a solar eclipse.

Yeah. Biden ain't great by any means. But he's not fucking retarded like Trump is.