10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Damn, I graduated high school with a Recession and only 10 years later to have A pandemic and a recession to happen.

I didn’t even get a chance to have a fun stress free time in my 20s now not going to get it in my 30s.

Yay us
    That's what happens when Republicans are put in power. Mismanagement of the highest degree.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    And here's a tweet to a video of him being asked by press about this statement.

And it's about as bad as you would expect
    Damn that was cringe worthy. Much worse than you advertised

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    And here's a tweet to a video of him being asked by press about this statement.

And it's about as bad as you would expect
    He's right on one thing.

Nobody has done the job that he has.

Most people have done a far, far better job than he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    He also said bleach and Lysol kills it but you don't see people killing themselves with that.
    Difference is that people know what bleach and Lysol is and not some random combination of medications that people don't exactly know the names of nor know what they do in the first place. No matter what Trump should not have mentioned it as tests have not been fully done about their usefulness. Seriously, what is it that you do not get.

If they overdosed on their arthritis or lupis meds I would get your point. But they took F....ING FISH antibiotics. You are literally saying that the president is responsible for every americans stupidity. People are responsible for their actions.
    He's responsible for playing on people's hopes while offering no other information, plus his base is pretty stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you can say it was because of this group call SJWs, Antifa and these ideas that people had that it was bad to own guns.
    Considering you yourself said you'd shoot a banker when they came to take your house when you failed to pay I wouldn't go on about what other people think of guns.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Most people have done a far, far better job than he has.
    There's a real Sword of Dumbasscles hanging over his head: this tweet.

The USA was never set up for this, just look at the catastrophe of the H1N1 Swine Flu (Biden in charge, 17,000 people lost, very late response time), but it soon will be. Great decision to close our China, and other, borders early. Saved many lives!
    First of all, everything he said was false. Honestly, I could stop there. But I won't. Why just stab a motherfucker when you can stab him, then twist the knife?

The second Trump's numbers hit 17,000 then he loses, even by his own blatantly false standards.

Now, we have no proof they will. And I'd be thrilled if it was kept lower. But...I'm also a realist. And a sociopath.

Axios says the death count is 926 at time of writing.

There were 11 deaths March 14. Eleven days ago. As much as I want to make a Spinal Tap reference, now's not the time.

This averages to...a 40% increase per day.

Holy fucking shit.

Okay, let's assume that proper self-quarantining cuts that rate to half. No, fuck it, a quarter. Ten percent. If that new exponential rate continues, we'll see that in...twenty nine days. Not even a full month. Wow, this is fucking depressing.

Um, okay, let's try...five percent? Then...fifty-eight days. Fuck.

Okay, last try. Logistic growth might work here. Viruses and similar diseases don't normally use that formula, but it's the most conservative formula for biological growth I have. So, the CDC says 9 million people get the flu each year, minimum. Let's put the cap there, and recompute using the current (926) and March 14th (11) death counts.

That's....one hundred forty-six days. August 18th. Barring a cure or vaccine, the most optimistic I can get still has that happen months before the election.

No, I'm not celebrating the loss of thousand upon thousands of Americans. I'd love to see proper treatment slow or even stop the death count. That's the ideal result. But if that does not happen, Trump gets to own every square inch of that failure, shoved right up his fat orange ass, in public.

- - - Updated - - -

What He Meant Was.

Kudlow, head hanging and sighing, wanders into public and tells everyone that the Easter deadline is not “a hard and fast rule or target."

In other words, it's meaningless. And even his own Team is admitting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Graham crying that businesses will have to pay better wages to avoid people not taking jobs is almost poetic. I mean isn't that the whole concept of a free market? That a person can opt out of it without being under duress.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Graham really needs to get voted out this year..one of the few I think I despise more than Trump.

Graham,
    Under this bill, you get $23.15 an hour based on a 40-hour workweek not to work. And if you’re trying to hire somebody in South Carolina the next four months, you got to compete with that wage
    What a bizarre fucking world these people live in.

Yeah, someone's going to pass up a potential permanent job because their temporary benefit with a fixed expiration date might be higher. What fucking masterminds these guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    And here we have leftists being who they really are: You guys will bash people for body shaming or penis size shaming, or skin color shaming...and then turn around and be the most petty, vile, shitty disgusting mother fuckers on earth and do precisely what you pretend you are against - because someone doesn't share your politics. It's ok to disregard someone's humanity if they aren't left wing liberal pieces of shit. People who don't share YOUR ideas are less than human and don't deserve the respect you demand from society for yourselves.

Keep showing people who you really are. It's working in your opponents favor very well
    yeah everyone who disagrees with trump and his awful behavior are triggered leftists
    like mitt romney
    john mccain
    joe scarborough
    joe walsh
    bill weld
    rick wilson
    david frum
    steve schmidt
    micheal steele
    jeb bush
    george bush
    john kasich
    bill kristol

all those pink haired feminist sjws who dont like trump!!

oh and people in his own admin lets not forget

former sec of state
    rex tillerson
    chief of staff john kelly
    former communications director scaramucci
    secretary of defence jim mattis

all crazy leftists. trump is the only true american conservative! you are 100% right
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-03-26 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No surprise there. I got the idea of the objection -- people choosing to quit, rather than be employed, was not something that was meant to be encouraged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    They were using strawmen, true. But the overall concept still made sense. Enough to say "fine, whatever" and vote rather than drag it out longer. At least that's what Graham's wife said was the deal when I was banging her in the shower.

Im 36 btw. And its more about policy. The left is just to progressive for me. Im more into keeping the status quo
    The status quo by making things objectively worse? Sure, whatever.

NBC and CNN producers say they're through airing Trump's virus pressers. “We might take it from the top and then cut away after the first lie, and return when the lies stop.”

Very good news. The pressers were filled with so much lies and bullcrap that it was not worth having them. They will it seem keep airing truthful and vital info, basically nothing when Trump speaks.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Your right. But I wanted red in the white house. The fellow members of congress and senate would be there for over sight. Yet now he is on the other side....hrmm maybe hes doing what the base wants vs himself. As long as he continues to put forth what the base wants he is keeping promises
    Or he's doing it because he knows this will benefit him the most financially, which it has, by fooling a bunch of gullible rubes into believe that an elite conman would help them. It's adorable you think Trump does things for people out of the kindness of his heart though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You're worried that you will not get to post in an obscure gaming forum echo chamber populated mainly by liberals who try to censor everyone who disagrees with them because they are hypocrites? And that is your idea of not taking chances?
    Aw, you think going against the rules of something is "censoring." It's the end of winter and yet I'm seeing a lot of snowflakes right now.

https://justthenews.com/government/c...expected-today

LOL, you have to wait till it passes to read it

sound familar huh?

Democrats however, released theirs same day

yet another bigly ironic ending in the trump admin...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Graham,

Yeah, someone's going to pass up a potential permanent job because their temporary benefit with a fixed expiration date might be higher. What fucking masterminds these guys are.

democrats should counter his stupid admendment with another that says states that have a much higher per capita income should get a much bigger check than the 600 dollar cap.

he can take less in his state and the folks in NY will be glad to take up the difference.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

From the article:
    Graham dismissed critics who've said his concerns are unfounded because unemployment benefits only go to people who are laid off and that workers who quit wouldn’t be eligible.

The South Carolina senator said it’s almost impossible to dispute an unemployment claim on suspicion that a worker quit instead of being laid off.
    I've never been on unemployment - how true is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I've never been on unemployment - how true is this?
    If you quit, you don't get unemployment. If you commit suicide, you don't get life insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If you quit, you don't get unemployment. If you commit suicide, you don't get life insurance.
    His accusation is that it's hard to dispute unemployment based on whether you quit or were fired, IE that people are fraudulently saying they were fired when they quit. How true is that statement? Is it hard to dispute?

From the article:
    Graham dismissed critics who've said his concerns are unfounded because unemployment benefits only go to people who are laid off and that workers who quit wouldn’t be eligible.

The South Carolina senator said it’s almost impossible to dispute an unemployment claim on suspicion that a worker quit instead of being laid off. I've never been on unemployment - how true is this?
    Might depend on the state. In NJ, if you quit, or get fired for insubordination, or doing something illegal, you can be denied unemployment. (When you file for Unenjoyment, they do ask why you're filing and check your former employer)

10+ Year Old Account
    How true is that statement? Is it hard to dispute?
    Your employer is required to pay for unemployment insurance. Someone who is fired makes a claim, during which the employer is asked "did you terminate this person?" If they say "no", guess what, you show up to work and get a paycheck. The employer cannot have it both ways. Now, if the employer says "no, he quit" when the US Federal Government asks them, they better be telling the truth.

Also, here is some updated DOL info:

Guidance on Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities During COVID-19 Outbreak

NOTE: Check with your state’s unemployment insurance program regarding the rules in your state.

Federal law permits significant flexibility for states to amend their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits in multiple scenarios related to COVID-19. For example, federal law provides states flexibility to pay benefits where:
    • An employer temporarily ceases operations due to COVID-19, preventing employees from coming to work;
    • An individual is quarantined with the expectation of returning to work after the quarantine is over; and
    • An individual leaves employment due to a risk of exposure or infection or to care for a family member.

In addition, federal law does not require an employee to quit in order to receive benefits due to the impact of COVID-19.