Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why even engage with someone who has spent most of their morning flaming anyone who disagrees?
    Well, the more evidence and data points you have, the easier it will be for the powers that be to take action off of that data. They should have plenty of data to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ stop this tennis match already. It's annoying as F and doesn't help to keep this thread readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Where did I say that? I pointed out that basing assessments off a single data point is reckless. What happened the very next day, did the numbers go up or down? Damn, it appears the numbers went back up... so my calls for waiting for more data seem to be justified. It's amazing how seeking more data always seems to be the way to go.
    Think you could be the bigger guy and refrain from arguing pointlessly with the troll?

If its not clear by now, hes not interested in honestly engaging with people. Most of the posts since yesterday evening are you two flogging a dead horse.

Since we're all so well read on pandemics now, guess how you can break this cycle!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Since we're all so well read on pandemics now, guess how you can break this cycle!?
    We put both in a room and give each one of them a big club!

Think you could be the bigger guy and refrain from arguing pointlessly with the troll?

If its not clear by now, hes not interested in honestly engaging with people. Most of the posts since yesterday evening are you two flogging a dead horse.

I could, but at this point, his lack of an infraction shows this is exactly what the powers that be actually want.

Just before lunch time and New York has posted some numbers, 8.5k new cases today so far, hopefully this is a random spike and not the new trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Especially more than 2 meter long! Got to remember the physical distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Especially more than 2 meter long! Got to remember the physical distance.
    This is why slingshots should be used. It is the social responsible way to resolve disputes!

I could, but at this point, his lack of an infraction shows this is exactly what the powers that be actually want.
    If there were any justice in the world, you'd get one too. Anyway, since you're obviously compelled to respond, get it over with and I'll be done with ya.

If there were any justice in the world, you'd get one too. Anyway, since you're obviously compelled to respond, get it over with and I'll be done with ya.
    The initial response was genuine. We had a single day where the number of cases dropped. Sure, that's good news, but as of now, we don't know if it's simply a blip on the radar. I was simply cautioning against pushing a narrative based on a single data point. After all, we have seen outliers in the past. Being optimistic is fine, but pushing a narrative off of an outlier can be very dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    The initial response was genuine. We had a single day where the number of cases dropped. Sure, that's good news, but as of now, we don't know if it's simply a blip on the radar. I was simply cautioning against pushing a narrative based on a single data point. After all, we have seen outliers in the past. Being optimistic is fine, but pushing a narrative off of an outlier can be very dangerous.
    After seeing those posts of his from other threads, I wholeheartedly agree that he has an agenda to push and is just yanking people around for funzies.

On the bright side, his antics have been exposed for what they are, so I'm done feeding him.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm rather curious how Covid-19 will end up impacting Russia as a whole. Like Americans, they are a people who really don't like to be told what to do, and will do almost anything to go against the grain of the rest of the industrialized world. It's almost a point of pride to do things differently than their neighbors.

There was a story on the bbc a few days back about how people are paraded in front of him for meet and greets and on the surface noone is worried. In truth they all get tested for CV the day before they meet him. It would be amusing if he got it, simply because of how he and his administration are downplaying it.

You could bet your house theres more cases than they are letting on as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Whoa, inflatable pool, full of lime jello, topped with whipped cream. Wrestling match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if posted yet, but sadly the disease can take young lives. Here in belgium a 12 year old girl lost her life to the disease.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2020/03...ie-of-covid-1/

It will impact them far less than the west because of the simple fact that human life is far cheaper in Russia.
    You may be right, Russians have been known to be willing to consider themselves secondary to the Motherland.

I find it amusing that even though there are undoubtedly a historic amount of unemployment claims slamming state governments right about now, California included, they can't work today because it's Cesar Chavez day.

Oh government, never change.

Yeah in the private sector we don't take all those holidays off like Valentines Day and Groundhogs Day and Cesar Chavez Day and all those days.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-03-31 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that if Putin did contract it he'd not reveal to the world he had it, because it would put him in a position of weakness, and most dictators and despots want their minions to see them as god's.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Ignore them, they are doomsayers. Today the number are only up 500 in the US and we are over half way through the day! I think we are finally over the hump.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I think the situation is stabilizing that is for sure. The growth numbers are beginning to flatten.

Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-03-31 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I find it amusing that even though there are undoubtedly a historic amount of unemployment claims slamming state governments right about now, California included, they can't work today because it's Cesar Chavez day.

Oh government, never change.

Yeah in the private sector we don't take all those holidays off like Valentines Day and Groundhogs Day and Cesar Chavez Day and all those days.
    What about all the days your dear leader has taken off golfing, or have you conveniently forgotten how much time he’s spent golfing on our dime. Get out of here with that shit. This is also not the politics area.