Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It'd explain a lot, if we knew it was true. Have you got a credible source?
    He confirmed that in that briefing now btw.
    A friend of his fell into a coma yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also Republicans are morally corrupt. (Yes, I know that is well-known at this point)
    And I know that we already caught them dumping stocks.
    But she even went further...

Report: Sen. Kelly Loeffler Downplayed the Coronavirus, Simultaneously Invested In Maker of Protective Gear

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    A friend of his fell into a coma yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also Republicans are morally corrupt. (Yes, I know that is well-known at this point)
    And I know that we already caught them dumping stocks.
    But she even went further...

Report: Sen. Kelly Loeffler Downplayed the Coronavirus, Simultaneously Invested In Maker of Protective Gear
    For a moment, when I started reading these stories and more came to light, I thought to myself 'Why didn't they at least say something anyway? Like, sure, be a dick and flush your stocks while they're still high but what stopped them from actually telling anyone about how bad this disease could get?'

And then it hit me that they never bothered to say anything, because saying anything would reveal that they were doing this to begin with. Fucking amoral assholes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    For a moment, when I started reading these stories and more came to light, I thought to myself 'Why didn't they at least say something anyway? Like, sure, be a dick and flush your stocks while they're still high but what stopped them from actually telling anyone about how bad this disease could get?'

And then it hit me that they never bothered to say anything, because saying anything would reveal that they were doing this to begin with. Fucking amoral assholes.
    I’ll say it always and have said it before.

Humanity will die on this rock if sociopaths/psychopaths or those with very selfish/greed personalities are not banned from positions/leadership of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting tidbit...

I think also, and looking at the way — the contagion — it is so contagious. Nobody’s ever seen anything like this, where large groups of people all of a sudden, just by being in the presence of somebody, have it.
    -Trump, a noted anti-vaxxer, and also not-uncoincidentally the president during a big resurgence in measles outbreaks.

(Measles is about 5-8 times as contagious as current estimates for COVID-19.)

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    ...so, have you got a credible source?

Quote Originally Posted by rethwisalp View Post
    -snip-
    One can only dream. A tsunami of sad irony if all these conservatives catch and die of COVID-19.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-02 at 02:38 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    One can only dream. A tsunami of sad irony if all these conservatives catch and die of COVID-19.
    Then the overload hospitals and good doctors/nurses start dying and others because our health system fails.

Their Ignorance is bliss until it brings everyone else down with them.

This press conference was pure garbage, mixed lies, warmongering and racial attacks. What the fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    To put this a bit into perspective for the people who say yeuup 100k sounds great. That's worse than where Italy currently is on by 1mio population numbers.
    Those same people also whine about the 60+ million that got infected with Swine Flu in 2009, where 12,000 died. They will be wishing it is as low as what Obama had with Swine Flu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phaine View Post
    Isnt it about time this thread gets closed, salty people that cant take trump winning elections, it gets boring.

as if them democrat presidents were so virtuous "remember cill blinton" .

I'm not american but my vote goes to donald
    It is good you aren't American, because we aren't so gullible to see that he is doing everything 3 MONTHS TOO FUCKING LATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    This press conference was pure garbage, mixed lies, warmongering and racial attacks. What the fuck...
    So...every briefing since they started holding briefings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...every briefing since they started holding briefings?
    this one started with "hey, lets talk about fighting drugs!, No one can get mad at us for that right??!?!?" even though this was something that was decided and started long ago (ironically when Trump SHOULD have been focusing on the COVID issue)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...5FIJO3WOI47XRI

So, apparently Trump's new favorite outlet, One America News Network (OANN) keeps making unauthorized appearances at briefings.

They have credentials, that's not the problem.

The problem is that only 15 members of the media are allowed in at a time to enforce social distancing, and there is a schedule for when media can send a reporter. It wasn't OANN's turn today, but they sent one anyways. It wasn't OANN's turn yesterday, but they sent the same guy.

The White House Correspondents Association has consequently decided that if OANN can't be bothered to check a schedule, they don't deserve to be on a schedule. OANN says they had "special permission". WHCA doesn't give a shit, rules are rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what are the odds we pass 5000 deaths to COVID-19 tonight? Because if it doesn't happen tonight it's going to happen tomorrow.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So what are the odds we pass 5000 deaths to COVID-19 tonight? Because if it doesn't happen tonight it's going to happen tomorrow.
    Already there;
    5102 deaths
    8878 recovered

10+ Year Old Account
    We soared right past it.

5102 total, +1049 on the day... so far.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    We soared right past it.

5102 total, +1049 on the day... so far.
    John Hopkins map must be out of date then, since it still reads 4,757.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    "hey, lets talk about fighting drugs!, No one can get mad at us for that right??!?!?"
    Trump has been claiming people will overdose at never-before seen numbers if they stay self-quarantined. For example, in the semi-coherent question and answer session he was by law required to save here.

This is going away. We’re — we’re going to win the battle, but we also have — you know, you have tremendous responsibility. We have jobs, we have — people get tremendous anxiety and depression, and you have suicides over things like this when you have terrible economies. You have death. Probably and — I mean, definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re talking about with regard to the virus.
    By the way, got a Trump quote from today's presser:

Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before victory is won, that would be the greatest loss of all
    And of course, because I'm an asshole:

And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.
    Juuuuuuuuust going to leave them side by side.

So what are the odds we pass 5000 deaths to COVID-19 tonight?
    Yeah I saw it stayed relatively low for a --

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Already there
    Yeah but...how many suicides?

Just to drive the point home:

At Trump's lowest estimate, the number of suicides is still under half what the virus is slated to kill. Now, is Trump suggesting that suicides will double in 2020? Well, if he isn't, then he needs to explain. Like, will letting people out kill 20,000 but if not suicides go up by 25,000? He wasn't clear, Probably because he's full of shit.

Oh, and the "suicides increase in troubled times" bit, um, look at the chart. 2008 and 2009 is on the chart. I don't see a peak there. I see a straight line.

John Hopkins map must be out of date then, since it still reads 4,757.
    There's definitely a difference between John Hopkins and that Wolrdometer that seems to be the preference...
    One for the cynic and one for the optimist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

I am looking at hot spots. I am looking at where flights are going into hot spots. Some of those flights I didn’t like from the beginning, but closing up every single flight on every single airline, that’s a very, very, very rough decision.

We’re thinking about hot spots where you go from spot to spot, both hot. We’ll let you know fairly soon.
    "...what the fuck does that even mean? That made no sense."

Donald Trump, yes.

Incidentally, is the problem really people flying into a hot spot? Wouldn't leaving be worse?

Well, regardless, banning flights in early April from hot spots sounds just a little late at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Documents show backlog of 160,000 coronavirus tests at just one lab company

New Jersey-based Quest Diagnostics had about 160,000 coronavirus test orders waiting to be processed on March 25, which amounted to about half of the 320,000 total orders for the tests the company had received up to that date, according to Quest internal materials obtained by CNN.

The company, which is now testing for the virus at a dozen labs across the country, referred to the orders as a "significant amount of backlog," according to the materials.
    That doesn't sound helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

"...what the fuck does that even mean? That made no sense."

Donald Trump, yes.

Incidentally, is the problem really people flying into a hot spot? Wouldn't leaving be worse?

Well, regardless, banning flights in early April from hot spots sounds just a little late at this point.
    Trump: Okay guys let's lock the all the doors and windows so we can be safe with the serial killer already in the house.