Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Not just the poorer economies. We're going to have years of austerity and slow economic growth thanks to the lockdowns. Like the 2007 crisis but dozens of times worse.
    Or you know it could be the moment where governments of the world finally put their big boy pants and stop sucking the dicks of all the billionaire companies and finally get the taxes owed acrosses the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    @Benggaul heard the statement from De Croo? He said in a conference call with other EU ministers the Dutch one said, they are on the same curve as Italy.
    I had heard about it but had not been able to read about it myself. I must say it doesn't surprise me given how lackadaisical the response has been--from both Rutte's government and the general populace. It hasn't been taken seriously until recently, and even then measures are pretty lax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not to sound callous, but if people are committing suicide because they're being asked to stay home for their (and others) safety, then chances are there were other issues that weren't being addressed that would have led to the same conclusion eventually.
    They are also very much allowed to get help and go see their psychologist and some nations opened up a place people can call to.

Loneliness is one hell of a "disease", great video on this that explains it. Has to do with our evolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly these "lockdown" measures are pretty much a targeted genocide at this point. They're going to kill mroe people than COVID itself.
    Not just the poorer economies. We're going to have years of austerity and slow economic growth thanks to the lockdowns. Like the 2007 crisis but dozens of times worse.
    Is this coming from a crystal ball? Tea leaves? Palm reading?

Or just your overactive imagination?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in UK where they got lockdown:

10+ Year Old Account
    I had heard about it but had not been able to read about it myself. I must say it doesn't surprise me given how lackadaisical the response has been--from both Rutte's government and the general populace. It hasn't been taken seriously until recently, and even then measures are pretty lax.
    Was said on "Terzake", a small snippet of that was used again on "de ideale wereld" just now it's why i remembered of it. Still great to watch that last show they manage to make it funny despite the lock down just a FYI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say that to people committing suicide because the lockdown is fucking them up mentally
    Waiting patiently for a better proposition then, bud.

15+ Year Old Account
    We acted sooner, when we went on full lock down they did not. We ended up having to close borders to stop them coming here for random reasons. Benelux are not that intertwined. I mean i work there and live in Belgium but it's still very much two different countries.

@Benggaul heard the statement from De Croo? He said in a conference call with other EU ministers the Dutch one said, they are on the same curve as Italy.
    Well Belgium and the Netherlands are probably the most intertwined two countries in the world. You are small countries with high population density, right next to each other, open borders (until now), use the same currency, speak the same language.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah but I doubt people will starve because of it. At leas not in western countries.
    The latter part is important.

Western countries can do it right, but in India people are literally walking across the country because they don't get food - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9431506.html
    Not only is that a problem in itself, it also goes against the idea of the lockdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeeze. France just added +1355 dead to their total today.

The number of cumulative known deaths from coronavirus in France surged to nearly 5,400 on Thursday as the country started including fatalities in nursing homes in its data.

Jerome Salomon, head of the public health authority, said the number of coronavirus-related deaths in hospitals rose 12% on Thursday to 4,503 from a day earlier.

He added that a provisional tally showed that a cumulative 884 people in total had died in nursing homes. This makes for a total of 5,387 lives lost to coronavirus in France.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well Belgium and the Netherlands are probably the most intertwined two countries in the world. You are small countries with high population density, right next to each other, open borders (until now), use the same currency, speak the same language.
    Meh, I can't claim any of that as I'm a filthy foreigner stealing their women (okay, one). I speak/write only out of experience from the past 13 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    France +1355 deaths today. Spain +961....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Okay so that's something to be expected to happen in Italy as well. Because one Finnish expert had been studying Italian data closely and said they weren't reporting "at home deaths" and/or any deaths that hadn't been confirmed covid-19 positive beforehand, no post mortem virus tests at all.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    While that is true our government took it a whole lot more serious and responded a whole lot more quicker, what is rather absurd considering this is actually an emergency government as we have been without an actual federal government for a year now (Regions have quite a bit of independence so it's not that bad).

There's also a different mentality, Flemish are generally a lot more up tight and stressed while the Dutch are a lot more laidback. I notice this a whole lot when i started working there. These are however generalizations so they don't apply in any case. So knowing that i fully get while here people took it a whole lot more serious when it went down while they treated it initially more as an extra paid holiday season.

- - - Updated - - -

France +1355 deaths today. Spain +961....

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so that's something to be expected to happen in Italy as well. Because one Finnish expert had been studying Italian data closely and said they weren't reporting "at home deaths" and/or any deaths that hadn't been confirmed covid-19 positive beforehand, no post mortem virus tests at all.
    Well we got told today that our peak in Belgium can be starting from next week. We are about a week behind of France. We saw an increase of 180 ish deaths today.

(Don't ask me how they actually work out those peak time estimates)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well we got told today that our peak in Belgium can be starting from next week. We are about a week behind of France. We saw an increase of 180 ish deaths today.

(Don't ask me how they actually work out those peak time estimates)
    They are just educated guesses at best. This isn't some exact science to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The latter part is important.

Western countries can do it right, but in India people are literally walking across the country because they don't get food - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9431506.html
    Not only is that a problem in itself, it also goes against the idea of the lockdown.
    Yep, the effects will be really ugly in the poorer parts of the world.

they treated it initially more as an extra paid holiday season.
    Not even just initially. Last week there were fewer people on the streets and parks (my bike route to work takes me through a park), but starting this week those same streets and parks were full of people again. I had hoped last week that people were finally starting to get how serious this was and staying home, but I guess they were just sleeping off the effects of the partying they did the first week so they can do it again now.

Say that to people committing suicide because the lockdown is fucking them up mentally
    Better to kill people with a disease so nutjobs with mental health issues don't off themselves?

I'm glad you aren't involved in policy debate execpt for idiotic one liners on a forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I've never seen bullshit like that in my uni. Don't blame all universities.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck those lives.

Living friends and family members>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>economic hardship that can be overcome over time.
    Eventually, we are going to have the talk about what a human life is worth as we won't keep nations on lock down forever as uncomfortable that truth might be. It is going to happen not now, even the ECB is saying just spend what you need to contain all this and get things done, but those ethical questions are going to need an answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even just initially. Last week there were fewer people on the streets and parks (my bike route to work takes me through a park), but starting this week those same streets and parks were full of people again. I had hoped last week that people were finally starting to get how serious this was and staying home, but I guess they were just sleeping off the effects of the partying they did the first week so they can do it again now.
    That's bad, also just read the monthly newspaper from my work. They are saying it is uncertain if we are going to start up again on the 20th this month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Better to kill people with a disease so nutjobs with mental health issues don't off themselves?

I'm glad you aren't involved in policy debate execpt for idiotic one liners on a forum.
    We're not killing anyone. It's a virus. It's a natural selection. We're merely trying to halt it - if we stop doing that, it doesn't turn us into killers. I also love how some people are "nutjobs" and thus quite obviously worth nothing in your eyes.

Personally I find this whole corona thing fucking amusing, lots of entertainment and I hope it keeps going for a long time.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-02 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Personally I find this whole corona thing fucking amusing, lots of entertainment and I hope it keeps going for a long time.
    It's always nice when the sociopaths out themselves.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils