Pretty sure it is an extended BlizzCon Demo nothing more.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    Pretty sure it is an extended BlizzCon Demo nothing more.
    that's what Bastion is tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    that's what Bastion is tbh
    I mean it's probably the whole of bastion and a dungeon. Maybe some covenant stuff, maybe some class changes, maybe the leveling revamp, maybe the new lowbie island. It could be a light amount of content, but it also could be all of the above which would be quite a lot.

I'm pretty sure it will at least be most of bastion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So droughts start with the announcement rather than the final patch now...?

If we get it November, it still won’t be the longest drought, nor the worst from a content standpoint.
    People keep saying BUT SOO was longer but there were two patch releases between SoO & 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    In that case, the power difference between tiers is not BIG enough.

It is impossible to get groups for old content when it doesn't give any rewards that progress your character. But the power gap between tiers also isn't big enough for average player to solo the previous raid.
    You don’t even need to step foot in the previous raid

WQ give better gear than normal
    Emissaries give mythic level

Who does the faction assaults anymore

Who kills old world bosses

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    People keep saying BUT SOO was longer but there were two patch releases between SoO & 6.0
    We got mythic scenarios and nothing else I can remember

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    You guys ready for alpha next week? FF7 Remake + Alpha is my kinda week.
    Don't worry, Blizzard will make changes -- give it time.
    Check out my drones guide!

Quote Originally Posted by David Howard X View Post
    Don't worry, Blizzard will make changes -- give it time.
    Don't do me like that. I need assurance, people. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Don't do me like that. I need assurance, people. Come on.
    The only thing you can be sure of is blizzard releasing around the competition

People say alpha won’t do crap in terms of hype but forget that WoD alpha killed Wildstar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The only thing you can be sure of is blizzard releasing around the competition

People say alpha won’t do crap in terms of hype but forget that WoD alpha killed Wildstar
    Wildstar killed itself. It couldn't sustain itself simply catering toward the "most hardcore of players."

It's housing system was great though, but many players actually hated the amount of attunements one had to go through in that game and it just collapsed on itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Wildstar killed itself. It couldn't sustain itself simply catering toward the "most hardcore of players."

It's housing system was great though, but many players actually hated the amount of attunements one had to go through in that game and it just collapsed on itself.
    What I mean is that within days of it launch it just so happened to experience a huge drop off in both players and essentially advertisement via Twitch on the exact day that were craft launched the Alpha

What I mean is that within days of it launch it just so happened to experience a huge drop off in both players and essentially advertisement via Twitch on the exact day that were craft launched the Alpha

This big game that was going to kill World of Warcraft and bring back the hard core element and be super difficult and super challenging and it failed

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    every time someone mentions the SOO drought it gets longer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

Which was a damn shame as the combat, jumping, exploring, and characters were really good
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Which was a damn shame as the combat, jumping, exploring, and characters were really good
    The core game of Wildstar was great.

Did anyone post/see Zorbrix’s tweet? What a lad

Early next week (or well, this week?) is definitely the current goal at Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Did anyone post/see Zorbrix’s tweet? What a lad
    So glad he's back this testing phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ....Yeah the emisarries totally didn't update their rewards in 8.2 and 8.3 @_@ Also gear resets are a natural part of the game and we really don't want to go back to BC where people were still struggling on older content while others were on the newer.
    Why not? Content that's useful for more than just 6 months doesn't sound that bad, especially when it's a huge raid. New patches invalidating the last is one of the reason that removed WoW's longevity. The gear threadmill works but not in the way WoW is doing it in the last year(s).

By the way, outside of a small streamer / fansite bubble, nobody cares about Shadowlands Alpha. The TBC survey caused more interest in WoW than Shadowlands did after its initial announcement back in November. Don't fool yourself and think Shadowlands Alpha will smash anything. It will generate some interest in retail, for sure, but it will diminish very quickly again. It's just an Alpha.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-04-05 at 07:37 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "TBC survey caused more interest in WoW than Shadowlands did". Ah, classic Nyel returns ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    "TBC survey caused more interest in WoW than Shadowlands did". Ah, classic Nyel returns ;D.
    Classic retard, yes. Classic died within 3 months of release so now he moves on to TBC saying how much interest it generated and how great it will be. -SURELY- it will overtake Shadowlands, RIIIIIIIIIGHT?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The TBC survey caused more interest in WoW than Shadowlands did after its initial announcement back in November.
    No the fuck it didn't.

The BC suvery literally just came and went withing like a day or 2 after people revealed it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Having Classic, TBC, and WotLK playable is an amazing idea. But it should be based around seasons lasting 6 months or maybe a year, and on few servers. That way you create a sense of immediacy when a new season begins so a lot of players partake, and it'll feel like a fresh start every time.
    I don't understand why people stop on WoTLK. Every single expansion has some nostalgia potential. And if you want 'raw', 'non-casual' (lol) version of WoW, BC should be where you stop.

Personally I see myself playing only two expansions: WoTLK to revisit old world in most casual way possible (tried that with Classic, but it was soooo boring) with LFG and other shit and - only if they integrate account-wide achievements between classic/retail - MoP to get legendary cloak and access to Ordos.