Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    There are many differences between FFXIII and FFVII (not talking about gameplay here), what makes me love FFVII mostly the characters are way much better than FFXIII and most of them (not all ofc) have a very nice background story instead of being just there like most of FFXIII characters really.
    Biggest line of BS i have seen today. Cloud and Lightning are literally the same damn character, Barret and Sahz are similar, Fang and Tifa are basically the same etc and forget about some bs about "backstories", they all have the same reasonable amount of backstory you can expect from FF party members.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah but that is good when the story arcs link together. They became bro's and helped each other grow.

I wouldnt say the story is copying itself. You look at the way Steiner fits into that for example when his backstory/priority is completely different and Vivi/Zidanes personalities are certainly different to makes for interesting interactions between the characters
    FFIX is a good example because like most FF games it has great characters with individual stories and the overarching story is a mess and pure BS. Literally the final boss of IX might be the biggest ass pull in gaming history.

The thing about VIIR is the characters are still the same. Cloud is still Cloud and Tifa is still Tifa. Not sure why people are getting upset about main plot changes that we knew would happen, and don't even matter in the grand scheme of things because main plot in FF games is always ridiculous bs.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-04-07 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Biggest line of BS i have seen today. Cloud and Lightning are literally the same damn character, Barret and Sahz are similar, Fang and Tifa are basically the same etc and forget about some bs about "backstories", they all have the same reasonable amount of backstory you can expect from FF party members.

- - - Updated - - -

FFIX is a good example because like most FF games it has great characters with individual stories and the overarching story is a mess and pure BS. Literally the final boss of IX might be the biggest ass pull in gaming history.

The thing about VIIR is the characters are still the same. Cloud is still Cloud and Tifa is still Tifa. Not sure why people are getting upset about main plot changes that we knew would happen, and don't even matter in the grand scheme of things because main plot in FF games is always ridiculous bs.
    BS for you really not for me. To each to his own really I find FFVII characters way more colorful and have more fun characteristic and I like the way you conveniently didn't mention Vincent? let me guess because he has a solid background story and you didn't wanna include him in your post because it will devalue your reply? You still haven't changed mister "I know it all" get the fuck out of here really.

BS for you really not for me. To each to his own really I find FFVII characters way more colorful and have more fun characteristic and I like the way you conveniently didn't mention Vincent? let me guess because he has a solid background story and you didn't wanna include him in your post because it will devalue your reply? You still haven't changed mister "I know it all" get the fuck out of here really.
    Tbf he said character arcs can be interesting, though I don't find Vincent's overly so, it's rather generic. It's the overarching story that's crap

Yes? I don't mind some changes in the story but: a fucking god damn alternative universe reality shit that ruin the original story? no thanks...
    I just clarified what a remake was and it's differences to a remaster... Not if someone enjoy changes or not.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Last boss of FF9 is pretty random for sure, beat Trance Kuja then all of a sudden a god figure turns up, ok.

FF8 is one of my favourites and that is also a ass pull at the end and most of the story is a mess. But it has charm to it. Likewise with most FF titles. They dont really make a lick of sense but theres a certain quality to it and interesting themes. Then theres the Kingdom hearts level BS, that doesnt have charm to it and just reminds me of a child throwing out every idea they have that doesnt really have any substance behind it. Hopefully this isnt that but Nomura really loves his tropes.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

5+ Year Old Account
    Damn it, this is like a war zone.
    Well personally I loved the old story of VII, but if the iconic moments stay in it I don't mind a new story. I know all the old spoilers by heart. Just seeing those wouldn't have the same emotional impact. It is okay to spice things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Tbf he said character arcs can be interesting, though I don't find Vincent's overly so, it's rather generic. It's the overarching story that's crap
    What you fail to understand..I will say it again...what you describe as overarching and crap story back because you are compare it for today standards storytelling. Back in the era of the 90s such stories were big twists kinda like the current song of ice and fire early seasons game of thrones twists reveal storytelling. Does the storytelling of FF7 original hold up for today standards as epic as some games today? hell no but is it really that bad? nope it is not that bad. Your problem as I said you are comparing it for today standards now it is the norm and not a twists anymore to have such story but back in the day it was epic. You should be fair and compare it with the story of the 90s when most of the stuff were basic when it comes to video games story telling.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes? I don't mind some changes in the story but: a fucking god damn alternative universe reality shit that ruin the original story? no thanks...
    I have to ask How does it ruin the original story. The original story is still there fully intact. This doesn't change the original ff7 it only adds to it
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Right?

Am I the only one that DOESN'T want more "side content" in games nowadays? It's always just tedious shit like uninspired fetch quests for some faceless NPC, and it's only made worse when developers try to push you into doing it by balancing progression around side quest XP gain or something.

Not to mention it can really ruin the feel of a story sometimes. There's nothing worse than a game successfully building a sense of urgency or something in a storyline and then stopping in its track and having 12 side quests appear.

"Oh no, the giant squid of doom is attacking the town, we've got to stop it!!! ...but could you take a minute to deliver this pie to Hungry Pete across the road? Ok, thanks."

FF7 original had a perfectly fine amount of actual "quest" content and then side content that was interesting enough but not required by any means. I am not interested in extending the raw number of "hours of gameplay" for the sake of extending it.
    Why would you be against OPTIONAL content. If you don't like it don't do it and let those that DO enjoy it, enjoy it.

I have yet to come across a game that forces optional content.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Why would you be against OPTIONAL content. If you don't like it don't do it and let those that DO enjoy it, enjoy it.

I have yet to come across a game that forces optional content.
    If that optional content gives you unique materia and summons then, well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    If that optional content gives you unique materia and summons then, well...
    Still optional. It's your choice if you want it or not.

Still optional. It's your choice if you want it or not.
    All games are optional, anyway.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    All games are optional, anyway.
    Well thats another argument :P

Seriously though, there is a difference between "I must have this item or I can't finish the game", and "I want that item that has no effect on if I can finish the game or not".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to ask How does it ruin the original story. The original story is still there fully intact. This doesn't change the original ff7 it only adds to it
    It does because the fact that it is alternative reality shit it kinda weakened and ruined the impact of Aerith's death back in the days her death was like the red wedding moment even to this day her death is one of the saddest deaths in video games really.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does because the fact that it is alternative realityshit it kinda weakened and ruined the impact of Aerith's death back in the daysher death was like the red wedding moment even to this day her death is one of the saddest deaths in video games really.
    That is literally impossible. Something from today can not affect the impact of something from over 2 decades ago.

that death is still there. It didn't go anywhere. She still dies in ff7.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is literally impossible. Something from today can not affect the impact of something from over 2 decades ago.

that death is still there. It didn't go anywhere. She still dies in ff7.
    I didn't say it will not affect I said it will weaken the impact it is like the DBZ situation when you see Goku died the first time against Raditz it was a big shock and sad but later on it was revealed that dragon balls can bring back the dead which weaken the impact of the death itself. Same goes here in the real reality Aerith died but it seems in this AU it will be the Dragon ball situation where Cloud will try to prevent it or something like that. Having someone dear to you die permanently is way more powerful and impactful than dying then knowing that person will come back somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    [B] I didn't say it will not affect I said it will weaken the impact[/B] it is like the DBZ situation when you see Goku died the first time against Raditz it was a big shock and sad but later on it was revealed that dragon balls can bring back the dead which weaken the impact of the death itself. Same goes here in the real reality Aerith died but it seems in this AU it will be the Dragon ball situation where Cloud will try to prevent it or something like that. Having someone dear to you die permanently is way more powerful and impactful than dying then knowing that person will come back somehow.
    again literally impossible unless this remake can time travel back to the moment it impacted you.

You clearly never watched dragon ball. Death wasn't permanent before that happened. Krillen died and was wished back before Goku.

10+ Year Old Account
    again literally impossible unless this remake can time travel back to the moment it impacted you.

You clearly never watched dragon ball. Death wasn't permanent before that happened. Krillen died and was wished back before Goku.

Oh I did watch DB and DBZ up until the end of super. I was referring to Goku death. I know about Krillin death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I did watch DB and DBZ up until the end of super. I was referring to Goku death. I know about Krillin death.
    His death wasn't impactful like you make it out to be. We already knew he could be rezzed with Dragon balls. His death was never meant to seem like it was permanent.

Anyways this is off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    His death wasn't impactful like you make it out to be. We already knew he could be rezzed with Dragon balls. His death was never meant to seem like it was permanent.

Anyways this is off topic.
    As I said that was my main issue with the Dragon Ball Z which the same mentality as FF7 remake current plot. Let us hope I am wrong since it is still early to fully judge it, just saying I am not fan of AU reality and bs like that.