Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    and for the prot palas

"which can then be spent to call upon the most powerful forms of the Light—including Word of Glory and Shield of the Righteous"

enjoy having you AM locked behind combo points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    and for the prot palas

"which can then be spent to call upon the most powerful forms of the Light—including Word of Glory and Shield of the Righteous"

Yeah, you might have to actually think about using your AM instead of mindlessly spamming buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah, you might have to actually think about using your AM instead of mindlessly spamming buttons.
    great last thing we need is braindead tanks needing to think. r.ip palasin m+ cos no ther tank has that restriction on it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post
    It has returned yet again

What do ya'll think? How'd you feel about it making a comeback, especially if you're holy or prot? If you've played with it in the past, what kind of experience was it for ya at that time to use it as a resource for your spec?

I've been praying that ret would get it removed alongside Holy and Prot because combo points for a 2h plate class with support skills feels really wrong to me. I'd rather it be slow and hard hitting, with some time inbetween to use the support toolkit. Now it's back for all Paladin specs.

Personally i'm bummed out as i didnt enjoy the last time it was in the game at all. Oof...

What about you?
    as a prot paladin main, I dont know what to think of this, I'll have to play first to see how it feels but from reading it, I don't like it. I feel like holy power makes sense for ret, not prot but lets see

and for the prot palas

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    We had that originally and it was just fine as is. In fact, it was actually better than the 3 charge system we have now. Since Shield has a 12s recharge timer with Judgment making it faster. You can get 3 HP quicker than the time it takes to recharge 1.

The only question though is do we lose Hand/Light of the Protector?

I was really hoping it would be removed all together like they did for maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    We had that originally and it was just fine as is. In fact, it was actually better than the 3 charge system we have now. Since Shield has a 12s recharge timer with Judgment making it faster. You can get 3 HP quicker than the time it takes to recharge 1.

The only question though is do we lose Hand/Light of the Protector?
    they will probly put that behind the combo points so u get to make great fun choices....

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty confident it won't change a damn thing for me

I'll adjust but how happy I am about it will depend on how they're implemented. Wasn't a fan of Protection or Holy when they had Holy Power before because I felt very constrained, so if they can avoid that feeling it'll be fine.

they will probly put that behind the combo points so u get to make great fun choices....
    Nah. They already said Shield/WoG are on Holy Power which is fine. Even if we don't have Hand/Light it's not a huge deal. For all we know the tanking style going into Shadowlands may be less active mitigation required than we are use to. Again, something we'll have to wait and see how it plays out during testing. Written words only give us so much information that a lot of holes are still waiting to be filled in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah. They already said Shield/WoG are on Holy Power which is fine. Even if we don't have Hand/Light it's not a huge deal. For all we know the tanking style going into Shadowlands may be less active mitigation required than we are use to. Again, something we'll have to wait and see how it plays out during testing. Written words only give us so much information that a lot of holes are still waiting to be filled in.
    I'm happy with the changes, and it appears there's added complexity to each Paladin spec now. Like having SotR for all of them, wonder how that will work on Ret who are 2h dps (will it work without a shield), it can act as Pallies Blur/Evasion potentially?

Will be interested to see when the alpha comes up for play.

Not thrilled about this for Holy. I have to wonder though, if it will again make them the healer with infinite mana like it was last time Holy had Holy Power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Like having SotR for all of them, wonder how that will work on Ret who are 2h dps (will it work without a shield)
    It also might be a "you have access to this ability, but it's not something that will be used rotationally" sort of thing.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    It also might be a "you have access to this ability, but it's not something that will be used rotationally" sort of thing.
    Oh that makes sense as well.

3+ Year Old Account
    Why is there so much hate towards holy power on holy? I rly liked it on my holy pal in MoP. Also ppl actually want it removed from ret?? You want back the ret when it was "press which ability lights up" in Wrath?
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

As a former protadin main I'm beyond happy for this announcement. I really enjoyed the dance of HP back in MoP and WoD, we'll need to see how it plays before I break out the vuvuzelas though.

Yea then the front load most of Palas healing into wod and boom were right back to that first month in cata again. Should I bring up the subs graph??

It's gonna be real fucking brilliant to find out which fucking heals they lock being there fucking shit combo point system to sit there on full stacks waiting to be used in the right situation. And God forbid I might need to hae two of them in a row cos tuff luck dps and tanks cos I need to build combo points befor I can do any group healing like back in cata.

I'm happy it's back, holy has been very bare at its core without all the borrowed power ever since it was removed. I think generating on holy shock is a given but I'm not sure their intent is to make it a big focus, light of dawn might not even become a spender and it'd strictly be a spot healing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Not thrilled about this for Holy. I have to wonder though, if it will again make them the healer with infinite mana like it was last time Holy had Holy Power.
    We never had infinite mana though, because we always had ways to spend mana for more holy power, and a reason to keep spending the holy power in ef/illuminated healing. But you're right that it's a possibility now, especially if we end up still using glimmer and crusader striking which is why we have so much mana right now.

Yea then the front load most of Palas healing into wod and boom were right back to that first month in cata again. Should I bring up the subs graph??

It's gonna be real fucking brilliant to find out which fucking heals they lock being there fucking shit combo point system to sit there on full stacks waiting to be used in the right situation. And God forbid I might need to hae two of them in a row cos tuff luck dps and tanks cos I need to build combo points befor I can do any group healing like back in cata.
    I think you should sleep on it and wait for some more information, because with all due respect I don't think just playing with it on cata launch is really much insight into how it can play out.

The big question is Holy Shock.
    Is that a spender or a builder, because right now with how Paladin works it is clearly the strongest spell with the most interactions.
    So it gets a nerf one way or the other, and likely will have a much longer CD if we are back to Holy Power.
    No way you can reset it so quick during CDs.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Sub graphs are worthless. They tell you absolutely nothing in regards to this at all. Yes, you could use various sites, but then again it's only gives a fraction of an idea and not the whole picture.

It's likely going to be WoG / LD. It's not going to be as big of a deal as you think. Any heal that is locked behind Holy Power has an alternative that doesn't. You are really blowing all of this out of proportion based on a couple lines of text. You have zero idea how it will work, what it will affect or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    The big question is Holy Shock.
    Is that a spender or a builder, because right now with how Paladin works it is clearly the strongest spell with the most interactions.
    So it gets a nerf one way or the other, and likely will have a much longer CD if we are back to Holy Power.
    No way you can reset it so quick during CDs.
    It worked that way when we had Holy Power. Where Holy Shock and Crusader strike generated Holy Power. Holy Shock also would be able to be resettable so I don't see anything changing in that regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    More importantly...

NIGHTBORNE SQUINT CONFIRMED?!

(Overall I'm pretty salty. It seems like they've learned nothing about why I hated Outlaw in BFA, the stripping away of all of my burst potential. Most of these other classes look to add in abilities back that I never cared about whatsoever. Why would I want poison? For outlaw all it is is passive damage that I have to remember to re-apply regularly and that interrupts my gouge. I cannot find a single class here among my alts that I look at these changes and think "yes, that will make it fun!")

I keep reading and keep being more baffled. Touch of death...for a healer monk? Why? It scales based on damage dealt. That's not even worth putting on the bar. The one and only monk change I wanted, Reverse Harm becoming baseline, is nowhere to be found.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-04-07 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.