Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Covenants abilities should have been new talents rows

Instead of locking simple abilities behind grind, this looks like the same as azerite or essences.

I don't mind special abilities for a special content like Torghast, but special abilities for the entire game locked behind faction is just unhealthy for the game.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-04-17 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Instead of locking simple abilities behind grind, this looks like the same as azerite or essences.

I don't mind special abilities for a special content like Torghast, but special abilities for the entire game locked behind faction is just unhealthy for the game.
    Don’t you like that true choice that matters for you and your alts? xD

What grind? Pick covenant receive ability.

Dont be a total retard and pick the ability for the content you do. Stop your useless bitching.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Don’t you like that true choice that matters for you and your alts? xD
    What are you talking about ?

It's infinitely worse than azerite or essences lol.

It would basically be like if every time you swapped your essence you'd lose the essence you got rid of and had to grind it again, every time, except instead of it being something like extra crit or versatility it's an entire game changing ability.

Certainly going to be a lot of fun, I guess the solution is to just level 2 or 3 of the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It's infinitely worse than azerite or essences lol.

It would basically be like if every time you swapped your essence you'd lose the essence you got rid of and had to grind it again, every time, except instead of it being something like extra crit or versatility it's an entire game changing ability.

Certainly going to be a lot of fun, I guess the solution is to just level 2 or 3 of the same class.
    Or just deal with the cards you chose.

I agree 100%.

I think, furthermore, that a HUGE opportunity was missed at the end of Legion to give the talent trees a little recognition of the player's accomplishments from the era in which they were obtained.

The talent row associated with legion content, what is now 110, and will soon be somewhere in the late 40s? Instead of 'Oh you burnt them out saving the world throw 'em in your bank!' We could have simply rewarded ourselves with a talent row to remember the expansion with.

Learn much from Druids, this talent row could have followed a simple formula, the talents that each class got that give us reminders of the artifact perks and legendary effects from previous expansions should fall there in the leveling curve.

It proceeds through Battle For Azeroth. There should be a new talent row just for Battle For Azeroth, and our favorite Azerite Traits, Essences, and Azerite Powers can be retained as the latest addition to the talent trees. If we are scaling back on the number of levels that content represents, we can manage more talent options overall, if the devs are giving us extra talent points inside of our gear as it is, without having to pretend it's something else that we do in a different interface.

Quote Originally Posted by SLNC View Post
    Or just deal with the cards you chose.
    Sure, that's why I said you need multiple of the same class. One for arena, one for m+ and one for raiding because I can say with 100% certainty the same covenant will not cover all 3 of those things, so if you want to be competitive you better have alts.

Terrible design by Blizzard, they've done similar things in the past and then ended up having to change it because it was fucking awful, and yet they decide to go ahead and do it again. Anyone trying to defend this either just recently started playing WoW so they don't understand the problems, or they're people who only do LFR and think the covenants will be fun because of lore or some dumb shit.

You will be able to change Covenants abilities, won't you?

Sure, that's why I said you need multiple of the same class. One for arena, one for m+ and one for raiding because I can say with 100% certainty the same covenant will not cover all 3 of those things, so if you want to be competitive you better have alts.

Terrible design by Blizzard, they've done similar things in the past and then ended up having to change it because it was fucking awful, and yet they decide to go ahead and do it again. Anyone trying to defend this either just recently started playing WoW so they don't understand the problems, or they're people who only do LFR and think the covenants will be fun because of lore or some dumb shit.
    Unless you want to participate in the top echelon for PvP, M+ and Mythic raiding, you will probably be fine with whatever covenant you choose.

Now that we have some more information on how the system will work, I am totally fine with the abilities being a part of a greater package you chose at the beginning of the xpac. Just like I was fine with only being able to cast druid spells when I picked being a druid.

I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks they have the ability to balance this, but I'm willing to let them try. We have enough "on the fly" choices already.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Unless you want to participate in the top echelon for PvP, M+ and Mythic raiding, you will probably be fine with whatever covenant you choose.
    Not even, these aren't racials these are going to be insanely strong skills and their impact in both PvP and PvE will be insanely large.

If they were going to be a 1% damage increase with no unique effects then yeah, sure, it wouldn't matter. But that isn't the case, they'll be relatively large damage differences and they have insanely powerful effects that will impact what your character is capable of.

Even if you're someone who likes doing mid tier content, like 1800 in arenas or +10 mythics, you're going to notice how impactful these are.

10+ Year Old Account

Or because balancing stuff around the top end leads to the game being stale and boring? Can't have meaningful choices -and- have everything be easy. I'm defending it because the people who have a big problem with it are a vocal minority in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You will be able to change Covenants abilities, won't you?
    But at a very high cost, same with covenants.

Not even, these aren't racials these are going to be insanely strong skills and their impact in both PvP and PvE will be insanely large.

If they were going to be a 1% damage increase with no unique effects then yeah, sure, it wouldn't matter. But that isn't the case, they'll be relatively large damage differences and they have insanely powerful effects that will impact what your character is capable of.

Even if you're someone who likes doing mid tier content, like 1800 in arenas or +10 mythics, you're going to notice how impactful these are.
    I didn't say, they have no impact, and there will probably be abilities, that excel in certain situations, but that's just part of the system. That's what RPGs are about: choices and consequences.

No it should be tied to the covenant you chose to back. why would someone back the kryian get some other ability?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Just play 4 of the same class, easy.

Considering that there's no real new content for you to grind other than Torghast and their whole mantra for this expansion is PLAY MORE ALTS... it's really not that far fetched.

But at a very high cost, same with covenants.
    What cost? I haven't read about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What cost? I haven't read about it yet.
    we don't know yet, Blizz just said, that it won't be easy to change covenants.

Blizzard already stated that if this becomes a problem they are jsut going to make you able to change abilities easily. Their first solution is to try and balance it and have players actually make a meaningful choice for once, something we havent seen in a long time.

There is literally 0 reason to bitch and moan about this, as if it doesnt work it, they will make it work out.