Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I was certainly not expecting ARR zones to be able to support flying. o.o

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear you've played them and done the mini game and can report exactly on how it works.
    They literally said its the old trials bumped to 80 with minor adjustments to accomodate for the power jobs have at lvl 80. Those minor adjustments probably mean mechanics happening at slightly different paces. If people didnt sugar coat everything SE does maybe we would have nice things by now instead of the same patch cycle for years.
    So in short. Yes, I ve played them. Back in ARR and cleared them all even when the servers were trash. Their mechanics are very simple and do not hold to todays mechanics. This was not worth sacrificing a new ex trial over.
    Last edited by Delever; 2020-04-24 at 02:02 PM.

Highly doubt the unreals are going to instantly be the primals

We have both Eden and UWU for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

Eden is not the primals though. Its diferent versions of the primals with entirely new mechanics and new visuals. Unreals are the ARR primals as they were but pumped up to lvl 80. And they rotate monthly. First one is gonna be shiva. Then it could be another one.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.

They are just the primals. They also mentioned they think Rhitahtyn sas Arvina isn't popular enough to add him to this. Outrageous.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Glad to hear you've played them and done the mini game and can report exactly on how it works.
    I mean, let's call it what it is Faroth. It's reusing assets to create more content, and not in a way that really says competency if we're being honest. It's the original trial content souped up to modern (or perhaps even savage) level content. It's good. I'll do it and enjoy it, but it's the laziest fucking thing I've seen them do, and they've done some lazy shit.

They should have used 24 mans if they wanted to go that route IMO.

Shiva is literally the first one they announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was certainly not expecting ARR zones to be able to support flying. o.o
    Considering how tiny they are, that's just a stupid thing to do but eh, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    How are timegated 460 alliance raid drops, 455 garbage from dungeon and sole 485 weapon helping anyone to catch up to 500 gear?
    By letting them do the content that allows them to get the i500 gear, because of the minimum ilevel requirements for some of the things there are.

Also, no one said catch up to 500, they just said "catch up," because if someone hasn't played since Shadowbringers launched they'd be WAY behind the curve and would need to earn the gear in between whatever it was on Shadowbringers launch day (~285? 300? I don't even remember.....) and 500, or order to progress into the content that lets them get the higher level gear.

feel like im the only one here that still likes the game lol

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Not by far, but the game DOES have issues. And, if we're being honest, the actual content released in the game isn't much different now than it was 2 years ago. It's the same stuff with new paint jobs, really. They could do better, or more.

I enjoy it. I enjoy the game, I enjoy the story and I really do like the dungeons and raids, but they do need to shake things up and come up with something truly NEW for players to enjoy within the PvE (or even PvP even though that's not at all my thing) landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Considering how tiny they are, that's just a stupid thing to do but eh, whatever.
    Yea the ARR zones are pretty small and only felt large due to how many of them were still pathway based. It'd have been cooler if they also undid all the instancing and just made them one giant zones again.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Also, no one said catch up to 500, they just said "catch up," because if someone hasn't played since Shadowbringers launched they'd be WAY behind the curve and would need to earn the gear in between whatever it was on Shadowbringers launch day (~285? 300? I don't even remember.....) and 500, or order to progress into the content that lets them get the higher level gear.
    AF gear is 430 and there is easy 390 in Rhalgr's Reach, so you're way off the mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    In here probably, think it's mostly jaded veterans. I enjoy it too though gotta admit the last patch and what was announced for the next are a little worrying.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    In here probably, think it's mostly jaded veterans. I enjoy it too though gotta admit the last patch and what was announced for the next are a little worrying.
    Its been worrying for a while. I enjoy the game too and this is why I m criticizing it otherwise I wouldnt bother. The content cycle worked for a time now its getting stale. We re getting the same patch with a different pain job for years. Expansions ship out with no major new features and its a gamble whether we re gonna get one down the line. Features keep getting cut without being replaced with something of equal value. Dungeons got cut down to 1. Ultimates dont happen on every odd patch. Its been the same for 3 expansions. The game was/is a major money maker for SE and people expected that after some time the amount of money the game made would be invested back into the game but instead it seems like its running on the same budget as before and the money it makes are being used to sustain other projects from square enix. And sure for people that play all square enix games this might not matter as much but what about the people who only play XIV? They invest money monthly into the game to sustain its future development not to sustain the production of the final fantasy 7 remake.
    I was waiting for this patch to see if midway through the expansion we will finally get a new feature outside of the staple things. And the new feature is ARR shiva synced to 80.... This is the laziest thing they could have added as a new form of replayable content.
    The game needs interesting ways to progress your character outside of raiding and capping your weekly currency with 1 expert roulette a day. I cannot imagine myself raiding edens verse until july and then another 3.5 months till 5.4 with no other form of content. And telling people to drop their sub is not a viable answer. If everyone did that the game would not be able to opperate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all.
    We're just being objective.
    Some DEV decisions are questionable, I for one have 0 interest in recycled encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say 5.3 is looking a little weak for me. I'm excited (really excited) to see the conclusion of Shadowbringers, but other than that I think I'll be taking a break from FF soon to catch up on my backlog. Gonna hold off final judgement until we see what the Relic grind is gonna be and what the rewards for the Unreal Trials are going to be as well. I don't really see too much of an issue with Unreal Trials as long as we don't get less content in other areas because of it. Hopefully some cool cosmetics behind it that make me want to farm it.

Alliance raid patches seem kinda boring honestly. I mean I've only been subscribed for 11 months, but so far everyone kills the Alliance raids on the first try and then you farm that weekly and wait for the next raid tier. Plus, I didn't really like the first wing of Nier. Found it super boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I will say 5.3 is looking a little weak for me. I'm excited (really excited) to see the conclusion of Shadowbringers, but other than that I think I'll be taking a break from FF soon to catch up on my backlog. Gonna hold off final judgement until we see what the Relic grind is gonna be and what the rewards for the Unreal Trials are going to be as well. I don't really see too much of an issue with Unreal Trials as long as we don't get less content in other areas because of it. Hopefully some cool cosmetics behind it that make me want to farm it.

Alliance raid patches seem kinda boring honestly. I mean I've only been subscribed for 11 months, but so far everyone kills the Alliance raids on the first try and then you farm that weekly and wait for the next raid tier. Plus, I didn't really like the first wing of Nier. Found it super boring.
    We kinda did though. They cut dungeons. They said potd is not on their plans. And overall the patches have not changed at all.

5+ Year Old Account
    It is MMO champion. You are not really allowed to like the game even on its official thread. I mean we get what is essentially Cataclysm in patch content, but people still find things to whine about. Sure it aint perfect, but can we at least appreciate that the dev team did something in their free time that most devs would charge money for and will instead give us in a patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I mean we get what is essentially Cataclysm in patch content
    Trimming quests they already have is not even remotely comparable to amount of effort that went into Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Trimming quests they already have is not even remotely comparable to amount of effort that went into Cataclysm.
    Yeah if that were the only thing that comes with the patch.

Any rate, I get it. The game has its flaws. I get it. I could probably fill a novella with the stuff I don't like about it. (Compared to WoW's Encyclopaedia Britannica). But most of these constructive criticisms or whatevers don't ammount to much more than whining about features that we haven't seen yet. If you find it this hard to find a single thing you like in the largest patch since 2.5 this just mind not be the game for you. And that's okay. A lot of things that differentiate WoW and FFXIV for example are conscious decisions by the dev team based on their attitude towards things like raiding, contentc schedule, story etc. Considering they redid the game completely when it was doing poorly, I'm sure they would do it again. The very fact that they are not suggests that their formula is working for a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 most definitely fits the niche of that sorta Wrath/Cata time but with better visuals, I can hit a BiS if I wish and then log on weekly for whatever I want.