Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol,northrend and pandaria were where the expansion took place,and all the zones there were...connected!,and we have pictures of the shadowlands zones,they are clearly potrayed as disconnected different plains of existance of some king,like the elemental plains in azeroth
    You have a picture that has nothing but... 4 pieces of land. pictures exist IN THIS THREAD of the exact same layout of Kil/Easter/Northrend/Pandaria.

You have literally ZERO frame of reference on how big the islands are, how far apart, how "disconnected" they are (IE: Kalimdor isn't "connected" to Eastern Kingdom YET we survived).

Again: Show proof that the 4 islands are smaller than Kalimdor and they aren't easily traversable (IE: Blimps/Boats).

Oh? You can't? Because you don't know? Because BLIZZARD doesn't know?

I thought so.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    You have a picture that has nothing but... 4 pieces of land. pictures exist IN THIS THREAD of the exact same layout of Kil/Easter/Northrend/Pandaria.

You have literally ZERO frame of reference on how big the islands are, how far apart, how "disconnected" they are (IE: Kalimdor isn't "connected" to Eastern Kingdom YET we survived).

Again: Show proof that the 4 islands are smaller than Kalimdor and they aren't easily traversable (IE: Blimps/Boats).

Oh? You can't? Because you don't know? Because BLIZZARD doesn't know?

I thought so.
    its like this is your first expansion....

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Legion zones weren't exactly the biggest nor were MoP AND yet... -sips tea-

Quality > Quantity
    Legion zones were absolute shit save for Suramar, so that's hardly the best example you could use...
    MoP zones are a better example, though Jade Forest was pretty big.

Remember guys, the size is not important. It's how you use those zones that truly matters. Quality over quantity.

Want more? Well, less is more amirite. And I see now that saying all this while being a vulpera on my avatar points toward that all of this was meant to defend my size. It wasn't. Pure coincidence... Oh brother...
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-02-23 at 02:37 AM.

I'd ask you to share that crystal ball of yours, but it seems to be inherently tuned for extra negativity.

No expansion has failed, not even WoD if one looks at the money it made. And if that one didn't fail, none will.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its like this is your first expansion....
    Yeah... my first expansion. Don't mind the 10 years member tag next to my name.

Is this like you're first time talking to someone who asks for proof that you can't provide? Because deflecting is a weak response.

Because IF you (or anyone else) had proof of content/continent size and details like connections between contents then you'd provide it. Since you don't...

Here we are... you (and others) deflecting about something that's pure conjecture at this point.

PS: I've play since the original game. I was never "hard core" into it (IE: didn't do bwl/aq/naxx in the original) but I played consistently through Mists and then have come back for brief stints here and there... I'm back now playing Classic.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    "they dislike disconnected zones"

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom are "disconnected". As are northrend and pandoria. The game did fine with them as they are.
    Northrend zones are connected to each other, as are Pandaria ones. BfA 'sort of' accomplishes this, but they still feel like largely isolated areas because getting to each one is a semi-fast travel system, which sucks in every game it's implemented in.

If the two islands were able to be flow to / from when you unlocked pathfinder, it'd have made things far more cohesive IMO

Kalmindor and EK are continents, each significantly larger than any other expansion's land mass, so they probably aren't the best comparison.

I'd be very surprised if the new zones were significantly larger or smaller than what we've come to expect. If there's anything to be concerned about, it's that Maldraxus (sp) is definitely the largest of all of them. No matter, the game has far larger fish to fry anyhow.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2020-02-24 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Legion zones weren't exactly the biggest nor were MoP AND yet... -sips tea-

Quality > Quantity
    a bit offtopic but considering highmountain had dozens of harpies stuck in the terrain in the mountain peak area along with other stuff like blatant spelling and grammar mistakes in text boxes in the release version.......yeah legion wasn't exactly top tier quality. that said its too early to determine if this expansion is going to fail yet.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Northrend zones are connected to each other, as are Pandaria ones. BfA 'sort of' accomplishes this, but they still feel like largely isolated areas because getting to each one is a semi-fast travel system, which sucks in every game it's implemented in.

If the two islands were able to be flow to / from when you unlocked pathfinder, it'd have made things far more cohesive IMO

Kalmindor and EK are continents, each significantly larger than any other expansion's land mass, so they probably aren't the best comparison.

I'd be very surprised if the new zones were significantly larger or smaller than what we've come to expect. If there's anything to be concerned about, it's that Maldraxus (sp) is definitely the largest of all of them. No matter, the game has far larger fish to fry anyhow.
    "Northrend zones are connected to each other, as are Pandaria ones." Of course the zones inside the land masses are connected. This isn't about "zones" this is about land masses.

The complaints are "The new zones are islands that aren't connected". MY reponse is: Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdom/Northrend/Pandaria are islands that aren't connected and we did fine. (inner connections not withstanding)

"Kal and EK are continents" that actually got me wondering what's the actual "size" of the expansions which lead me to this: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Map-Comparison

I think it's going to be interesting to see how "big" the new area is all said and total. Doubt it'll be as large as Kal/EK (57m pixels)- but I doubt it'll be the smallest "new" areas (11-17mpixels for the 6 expansions)

I think you aren't disagreeing with me as much as being slightly off my intended idea: We don't know if the new islands/continents are bigger or smaller... or "disconnected" with "technology" like Boats, blimps, teleporters, portals, etc that exist in the game.

"They probably aren't the best comparison" My basic idea: How can we have a "best comparison" when we literally don't know how big the new "islands" will be? Are they "islands"? or "continents"? all we have is a few pictures with no frame of reference.

"but the new zones aren't connected" is literally a guess until we can compare them. (not your argument, but the comments I was responding too)

"Bigger fish to fry" We'll see how well they mung up the squishies and revamp of existing content. I've been out of the game for awhile - playing Classic now though. I'll probably try Retail after the initial rush if it doesn't have devastating reviews. Looking at past expansions, sizes, content and all the other stuff... one really has to wonder how big they can realistically make "new" content while also revamping 8 other land masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You dont really know how scale works ? how can you say make them larger when you dont even know the scale, and if you dont know the scale the picture is made in, you have no clue how big the zone actually is.

And all zones are connected, not to each other but to Oribos in the middle.

Less damn mountains, no clue where you get all mountains from.
    so nixxiom pretty much confirmed that the 1st two zones are small and it desnt feel like it's a world.

I still stand by what I said was going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    so nixxiom pretty much confirmed that the 1st two zones are small and it desnt feel like it's a world.

I still stand by what I said was going to happen
    Dude, Revendreth is huge...I haven't heard a single person say that it wasn't.

Or maybe they'll utilize some of the landmasses already in the game. Not everything has to be contained to the new zones

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    Dude, Revendreth is huge...I haven't heard a single person say that it wasn't.
    I cant event post the links but here go see this on youtube . com / watch?v=fLdhMIML4Z0

basically sums up what I was saying 2 months ago before even seeing these zones.

Quote Originally Posted by fsfserre2 View Post
    I cant event post the links but here go see this on youtube . com / watch?v=fLdhMIML4Z0

basically sums up what I was saying 2 months ago before even seeing these zones.
    "Feels small" Yeah, when you only explore 1/20th of the map that'll do it for you. The red area are the only areas he showed in the video...lol, and i'm even being super generous with how much I circled.

Last edited by Daara; 2020-05-01 at 08:13 PM.