10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt Rastakhan be in Da other Side in the current timeline?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    For all the incels maybe.

Really? A bunch of you go on and rightly point out the immorality of Sylv's actions, and yet champion the sociopath who for all intents and purposes murdered, spiritually raped, and enslaved her?

I am disappoint.
    You're looking for things to be upset about where there are none. Calm down justice soldier.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're looking for things to be upset about where there are none. Calm down justice soldier.
    Apologies if I offended your delicate sensibilities, I just wanted some clarification.

People are, in fact, advocating a redemption arc for character that slaughtered countless innocents, raised commoners and heroes as mindless undead abominations, stabbed their closest friends in the back (or front, I honestly forget) all because of a secret greater calling that no one else understood and distinctly unlearned sense of privilege? AND, if someone objects or calls into question any of this they are taking it too seriously and looking for issues?

Also, I thoroughly enjoy being called any variation of justice warrior, so thank you for that.

Apologies if I offended your delicate sensibilities, I just wanted some clarification.

People are, in fact, advocating a redemption arc for character that slaughtered countless innocents, raised commoners and heroes as mindless undead abominations, stabbed their closest friends in the back (or front, I honestly forget) all because of a secret greater calling that no one else understood and distinctly unlearned sense of privilege? AND, if someone objects or calls into question any of this they are taking it too seriously and looking for issues?

Also, I thoroughly enjoy being called any variation of justice warrior, so thank you for that.
    damn someone sounds triggered
    seriously tho, people are calling for an arthas redemption arc simply bc hes a liked character. sylvanas isnt anymore. she was so badly written the last few addons and books, no wonder many people are calling for her head. arthas on the other hand is the single most popular wow character (only rival being maybe illidan)
    also, arthas was a genuine (if somewhat arrogant and hot-headed) good guy, who got corrupted and manipulated by ner'zhul. sylvanas was a good guy who CHOSE to become a bad guy later on. theres a difference
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    seriously tho, people are calling for an arthas redemption arc simply bc hes a liked character. sylvanas isnt anymore. she was so badly written the last few addons and books, no wonder many people are calling for her head. arthas on the other hand is the single most popular wow character (only rival being maybe illidan)
    also, arthas was a genuine (if somewhat arrogant and hot-headed) good guy, who got corrupted and manipulated by ner'zhul. sylvanas was a good guy who CHOSE to become a bad guy later on. theres a difference
    While Stratholme needed the purge, picking up Frostmourne is not redeemable. He knew what could happen if he picked up that cursed blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    While Stratholme needed the purge, picking up Frostmourne is not redeemable. He knew what could happen if he picked up that cursed blade.
    Stratholme is still questionable along with Frostmourne, cause well

"DAMN THE MEN, nothing will prevent me from having revenge my old friend, not even you." Sylvanas stopped being in this grey area "I hate being Undead" until "Ok lets rez more forsaken cause ranks."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There will never be a time skip.

Feel free to quote me on that one in two years. It's not happening. People always say and speculate this, every expansion. It's not a thing.

I'm not even sure why people conclude it in this case. Sure, Blizz likes to leave some wiggle-room open for themselves. And clearly 10.0 will be a return to Azeroth and Azeroth-focused content. There have been lots of hints at that.

If anything though, Ion's words in the summary suggests that, like in the Nether, time may run faster in such a chaotic place. So less time will pass on Azeroth. Which, while certainly not great as it introduced more timey-whimey stuff, they may end up using as an excuse not to deal with the Forsaken and Night Elven refugees yet. Which got mentioned in this very same interview as something that needs dealing with, but Shadowlands doesn't offer good opportunity for.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I want for Arthas, to be a somewhat important character up until we kill the jailor. Once he is dead, Arthas will then yell in victory to the people nearby "the Shadowlands is free!" and everyone will cheer. The end!
    [/URL]

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wouldnt Rastakhan be in Da other Side in the current timeline?
    Well, he sold his bloodline to Bwonsamdi with the deal he made, so I'm going to say yes? His soul technically belongs to Bwonsamdi, and he has to serve him now lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Well, he sold his bloodline to Bwonsamdi with the deal he made, so I'm going to say yes? His soul technically belongs to Bwonsamdi, and he has to serve him now lol
    I hope Rastakhan gets some interaction with Hakkar since I've always thought his design was supposed to heavily reference Hakkar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we will free Rastakhans bloodline by saving Bwonsamdi?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? A bunch of you go on and rightly point out the immorality of Sylv's actions, and yet champion the sociopath who for all intents and purposes murdered, spiritually raped, and enslaved her?

I am disappoint.
    Sylvanas is just as bad as Arthas now in my eyes.

What are the odds on Upright Forsaken now?

3+ Year Old Account
    Not sure, maybe if he's scared out of his wits after we save him? He might change his mind then, but it wouldn't really make sense in my eyes unless Rastakhan/Talanji are there. It looks like it'll just be him and Vol'jin
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    What are the odds on Upright Forsaken now?
    "Now" as in Shadowlands release? Essentially 0.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I feel like the community comes up with more intricate plot points than Blizzard ever will. I think they'll always ensure it's fairly pretty obvious where the story is headed.

Even if for a while there's people speculating what will happen, typically there's a very strong almost knowable outcome. Like many pretty much predicted how the faction war in BFA would end: Sylvanas no longer part of the Horde, Saurfang dies.

spiritually raped
    Goddamn this made me laugh hard.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    "Now" as in Shadowlands release? Essentially 0.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I feel like the community comes up with more intricate plot points than Blizzard ever will. I think they'll always ensure it's fairly pretty obvious where the story is headed.

Even if for a while there's people speculating what will happen, typically there's a very strong almost knowable outcome. Like many pretty much predicted how the faction war in BFA would end: Sylvanas no longer part of the Horde, Saurfang dies.
    If your audience cant tell where your story is going you have failed as a writer.

Thats writing 101. Exposition, rising action, forshadowing and character development create a path that creates the story. The details can change in the moment but by and large if the end of a story has little to do with most of the story u failed to craft a cohesive story
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Goddamn this made me laugh hard.
    Not very far off either, if you read the description of the book.

Yeah they aren't gonna reward Arthas to make the incels happy, sorry to say.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2020-05-15 at 04:38 AM.

Right, because wanting an evil character kill another evil character somehow makes one an incel?
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-05-15 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    You are just making stuff up at this point. From what ive seen arthas is universally reviled, and the ppl who think sylvannas is written any different havent been paying attention. Ppl dont hate the character ppl hate the person.

And so yea its pretty stupid to want the person so fucked up they turned an elf ranger into a monster to for some reason get some sort of...reverse revenge?

The proper way to handle this would be to have arthas who we know chose to be evil and thus deserves the maw, have his eternal soul obliterated by sulylvannas after she uses it for her own ends. With her vengence and rage sated shes left with nothing but her own sins allowing us to sweep the narrative vclean by ending her and her twisted world view.

The whole point of the quest in icecrown and the last chapter of Arthas was to show that arthas wasnt a victim. Yes he was manipulated and gaslit. But he chose to go as far as he did. He chose to rip out his heart. He chose to subdue nerzhul because he WANTED to be the lich king. I think the only reason kaelthas got to go to revendeth is because his decisions involved him being backed into a corner. Idk i think we will explore that in the story.

Regardless. Id say if u arent a sylvannas fan now u never were. She was always heartless. She spoke of how she hated the forsaken in her short story.

Shes an evil monster whos twisted psyche makes he think that ppl who dont see the value of undeath are fools who havent experienced enough pain. Shes underhanded. Twisted and petty. And thats why i love her as a character. And part of loving an interesting character is wanting their comeupance to fit.

And so while arthas deserves to have his soul twisted and destroyed by the monster he created, so to does sylvannas deserve to be destroyed by the people she hurt
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea how someone can make the conclusion that wanting Arthas to kill Sylvanas is fueled by sexism except in the case of trying to bait for replies.

Haven't seen anyone say Arthas is an angel, people want him to kill her because he is her biggest enemy and it would be the most humiliating/satisfying way for her to die in their opinion.

Not much deeper than that folks.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.