Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this talent was a problem from the start. I haven't played DH that much since Legion but I hated it then too. For an ability that makes a class piss easy they should make it so its a lot worse than the other ones.

I was enraged when Momentum got the nerf back in the day too. That was so fucking fun.

[QUOTE=Absintheminded;52334856]It's not a two button spec, though, however brainless it might be compared to whatever other class you can name (in which you'd memorize the rotation). If DH's had better talents, they'd probably be the most played class because of double jumps, glide, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yess, i agree, but for now its braindead, atleast in my opinion

Why do you care what ppl say? Some like A, some like B. I recently encountered a guy, who was certain that sport is stupid and everybody who works out is stupid. Not worth wasting time explaining idiots the obvious. I like DH because of its mobility, speed and utility. I would prefer more complex rotation and I hate both demon blades and momentum, because both feel boring and also annoying to play. But DH is many other great things like I mentioned earlier to make up for the clunky parts. I feel like most classes have some clunkiness in them. It depends whether the clunky part offers more dps or not, so you are or arent forced to play around it. What is the most important for me is that the class is allround decent+. Compared to my usual main priest, who is 50% of the expansions useless. I love priests, but picking it for example as new expansion starter, there is a high chance of the class being not viable and you would be forced to reroll right at the start, which is something you definitelly dont want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzora View Post
    Seriously it's the equivalent of removing sinister strike from outlaw rogue and linking all their combo building to passive auto-attack. When switching from demon blades to immolation aura spec we go from zero to three builders (demon bite, immolation aura, eye beam). It requires way more paying attention to resources and cooldowns to pull it off.

If anyone feels like DH are too simple then blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives. Same goes for them nerfing momentum build, the most skill-based DH spec of all.
    The class overall is kinda easy...doesn't take a Mensa level intelligence to spam demon's bite either you know.

I remember early wotlk and the whole DK fiasco. Took few expansions for people to forget and stop bullying DKs for playing a no skill requiring class.

DHs been like this for 2 expansions now. Don't worry guys, in like 10 years DH players are maybe taken seriously.

People complained about DKs because they started at a high level (which at the time was new) and with lfd being added in wrath meaning many brand new players were being exposed to group content for the first time without having really had a chance to learn how to play. That and DKs were op for like 2 patches in wrath.

The context is a little different for DH's. The derision raised from their simple kit and being consistently strong.

Seriously it's the equivalent of removing sinister strike from outlaw rogue and linking all their combo building to passive auto-attack. When switching from demon blades to immolation aura spec we go from zero to three builders (demon bite, immolation aura, eye beam). It requires way more paying attention to resources and cooldowns to pull it off.

If anyone feels like DH are too simple then blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives. Same goes for them nerfing momentum build, the most skill-based DH spec of all.
    Well you dont take the eye beam talent you take Demonic Appetite. There is almost never a case where you would take the Blind Fury eye beam talents so its just 2 generators.

I'd complain about DHs because they're super cool and yet have a boring rotation. It's not that I envy them for being able to do comparable dps to me while being easy, I just wanted them to be more complex so that I'd enjoy playing them. I really like the class aesthetics and theme.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Except that it isn't a feeling. It is objectively true. And, yes, I do blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives on *way* too many builds regardless of class.

Yes, I can hold both obvious observations to be true. DH is a brain dead class to play whether you use it as tank or dps. Blizz is a lazy developer in general, and with regard to DH specifically (including the fact that they only created 2 specs for it).

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Except that it isn't a feeling. It is objectively true. And, yes, I do blame Blizzard for making passive talents superior to actives on *way* too many builds regardless of class.

Yes, I can hold both obvious observations to be true. DH is a brain dead class to play whether you use it as tank or dps. Blizz is a lazy developer in general, and with regard to DH specifically (including the fact that they only created 2 specs for it).
    Most classes are stupid easy right now. It is not a DH specific issue but they were/are? FOTM as they are new still and have high mobility that others want so they are popular to hate on.

Why brain dead class?

Just because i need to smash my head on my keyboard to top dps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

It's unique in its role as a melee maximizing every GCD as every other spec has some form of limiter, ie runes, rage, energy, etc. You can play any other spec optimally and not lose dps as long as you don't delay a certain amount of time given ideal circumstances, where with poor ping or bad input, you actually lose quite a bit of dps from missed extra demon bites that wouldn't overlap you.

Basically, it is the melee version of ABC (always be casting), but it isn't quite as punishing as it should be given that being one of the main nuances to maximizing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    It's unique in its role as a melee maximizing every GCD as every other spec has some form of limiter, ie runes, rage, energy, etc. You can play any other spec optimally and not lose dps as long as you don't delay a certain amount of time given ideal circumstances, where with poor ping or bad input, you actually lose quite a bit of dps from missed extra demon bites that wouldn't overlap you.
    First of all there are other gcd locked melee specs. Secondly, fury is rage, it's exactly the same as rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    First of all there are other gcd locked melee specs. Secondly, fury is rage, it's exactly the same as rage.
    You're not comprehending what I'm saying. All other melee classes are limited by something in their kit. DH has only the GCD between a Bite/Spender. It isn't exactly the same because there isn't an infinite builder for warrior, unless fury has drastically changed since I last played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    You're not comprehending what I'm saying. All other melee classes are limited by something in their kit. DH has only the GCD between a Bite/Spender. It isn't exactly the same because there isn't an infinite builder for warrior, unless fury has drastically changed since I last played it.
    Yes, fury has an infinite rage generator. So does BFA Enhancement shaman, but in bfa maelstrom is just blue rage so that's to be expected.

A spec that pushes 2 buttons with 2 more used with cooldowns of like 30 and 45 seconds, on top of managing a resource you don't even have to really manage other than keeping your resource low prior to using them? And being a melee?

Oh my god, I'm fucking sweating bullets just thinking about the difficulty
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Demon Blades > Demons Bite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    with lfd being added in wrath meaning many brand new players were being exposed to group content for the first time without having really had a chance to learn how to play.
    Until WoD you needed a level 55+ character before you could make a DK anyway, so it didn't make any difference.
    Speciation Is Gradual

The rotation for Demon Hunters is the most lackluster and boring to play out of all of them... well, Enhancement Shaman is a very close second.
    Immolation Aura > Demon Blades > Demon Blades > Eye Beam > Blade Dance > Chaos Strike > Chaos Strike > Metamorphasis > Eye Beam again if you have the trait... rinse and repeat until cooldowns are up. That's... basically it.

It's one of the easiest classes in the game, regardless of Demon Blades.

But at the end of the day, why does it matter. Do you have fun?