7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The Lore shows that the orcs, Trolls and Tauren are all as dumb as doornails and are completely trusting and unable to discern anyone's motivations until they already happen, so that's a pretty null argument. Sanlayn could have eaten children infront of them and they would have scratched their chins and talked among themselves asking if it was evil instead of actually doing anything, so if Blizzard plans to add vamps to the Horde, lore is one thing they wouldn't have to re-write or retcon the Horde into accepting them.
    yes, but they already discern they were "evil" with Rokhan and Talanji, i know they can retcon all they want, the point is there is no reason for it.

And regardless, they would have to retcon then in not evil fucks to good-edgy guys, like they always do, seems like you forgot what they did to blood elves after TBC and what they tried to do with forsaken in shadowlands, protecting the living

thats why venthyr are a better race all together

I think wanting everything that blood elves have without having to play a blood elf is fundamentally a greedy request yes. It doesn't matter if you wanted it before Blood elves joined the Horde you're still asking for the cake that is blood elves without having to do the parts you don't like.

I can request for green Pandaren because I want it but it doesn't make the request not ridiculous.
    I genuinely do not get this argument whatsoever. It's so possessive in nature it's bizarre. In reality it will never negatively affect you if BE stuff is given to VE/HE for parity.

I was hoping for a new build today.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I was hoping for a new build today.
    Probably tomorrow.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    No one is taking away your blood elves or their customization options. In fact, we were shown a bunch of new ones yesterday. Great updates for blood elves.
    And im sure in time if it hasn't been already, those will be added to the list of things people will be begging for as well, because again, they were given an inch and now demand miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    What is greedy is to want to deny the Alliance a part of their faction because you have it on yours.

It's warcraft lore, and I love it.

Now I can fight the High elves with my Blood elf, it's Quel'thalas lore, thing that you never cared to understand.
    There is this strange false narrative that the High elves have been some sort of key passionate member of the Alliance all this time when in reality they have always been a small number of elves that appreciated the Alliance.

No, it's greedy to want what an opposite faction has, and when you get almost all of it to still not be satisfied, even if you try to justify it by falsely stating that the High elves have been some sort of missing puzzle piece for the Alliance, hell the blood elves have been more passionate about being in the Horde and they can barely stand them, and that's still more dedication to a faction than the High elves ever had as a whole.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I genuinely do not get this argument whatsoever. It's so possessive in nature it's bizarre. In reality it will never negatively affect you if BE stuff is given to VE/HE for parity.
    Some people like there to be differences on factions, even as others demand that they should get to have whatever they want. We've come along way from the average high elf argument being "blood elves are gay and therefore different from high elves, I want high elves." But so much of these arguments are still coming from a place of greed, and so I'm still going to argue against it. What's that one book. "If you give a mouse a cookie." you get the idea.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    You've been fairly good at predicting these things before. So, do you think it will be an actual allied race, or just a set of customizations for blood elves built into this new system? I believe they said no new Allied Races were planned for Shadowlands.
    I would personally be quite surprised if none of the Covenant races in Shadowlands end up as Allied Races. May not happen during Shadowlands proper, just as the Nightborne and Void Elves didn't become Allied Races until the BfA pre-release patch, but it seems almost certain to eventually happen.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yes, but they already discern they were "evil" with Rokhan and Talanji, i know they can retcon all they want, the point is there is no reason for it.

And regardless, they would have to retcon then in not evil fucks to good-edgy guys, like they always do, seems like you forgot what they did to blood elves after TBC and what they tried to do with forsaken in shadowlands, protecting the living

thats why venthyr are a better race all together
    This might be a case of different native languages, but saying there is no reason for it doesn't make that true. I get you don't want any more elves, I respect that but trying to project that into the Game's story doesn't work.

Rokhan and Talanji just like the rest of the Horde are very good at complaining and then doing nothing, so again if the Sanlayn showed up like "hey were' going to join," the biggest resistance they would face would MAYBE be Baine sniffling a bit and scuffing the floor with one hoof.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    This might be a case of different native languages, but saying there is no reason for it doesn't make that true. I get you don't want any more elves, I respect that but trying to project that into the Game's story doesn't work.
    so, what is the reason to retcon the san'layn and shove then in the horde? when there is another vampire race, who would not need, and races who make more sense to come first?

my big issue is not even they being a thing, is they being a thing now, first than others with crap reasons
    Rokhan and Talanji just like the rest of the Horde are very good at complaining and then doing nothing, so again if the Sanlayn showed up like "hey were' going to join," the biggest resistance they would face would MAYBE be Baine sniffling a bit and scuffing the floor with one hoof.
    without Sylvanas who would ever say, "yep sure come in" when even the forsaken now are good guys protecting the living with potentially queen Calia on the rains? Also, Anduin would not vote for that either.

Some people like there to be differences on factions, even as others demand that they should get to have whatever they want. We've come along way from the average high elf argument being "blood elves are gay and therefore different from high elves, I want high elves." But so much of these arguments are still coming from a place of greed, and so I'm still going to argue against it. What's that one book. "If you give a mouse a cookie." you get the idea.
    It sounds like you personally hate pro-HE people and your argument is colored with that hate. Simple desire turns into sinful greed from your perspective. There's not much to argue here. It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, what is the reason to retcon the san'layn and shove then in the horde? when there is another vampire race, who would not need, and races who make more sense to come first?

my big issue is not even they being a thing, is they being a thing now, first than others with crap reasons

without Sylvanas who would ever say, "yep sure come in" when even the forsaken now are good guys protecting the living with potentially queen Calia on the rains? Also, Anduin would not vote for that either.
    The entire Horde + Alliance learned nothing from BFA and assumed all the badness was from Sylvanas alone. So the counter argument here is that they'd all be too stupid to even think the Sanlayn would be up to anything other than pure goodness because Sylvanas is now gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    It sounds like you personally hate pro-HE people and your argument is colored with that hate. Simple desire turns into sinful greed from your perspective. There's not much to argue here. It is what it is.
    I mean you have people posts and pages back literally asking for everything blood elves have without a hint of irony or self awareness, that's not simple desire. I don't hate anyone, but I do dislike it when people simultaneously were/are offended when they were expected to play blood elf for some things, but are now saying blood elf players have no right to be upset when they're demanding to have everything they do.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post

Now I can fight the High elves with my Blood elf, it's Quel'thalas lore, thing that you never cared to understand.
    I mean...the lore states the void elves are not high elves, and that the blood elves would rather reunite with high elves than fight them. I don't believe its inappropriate to make such a comment when you are incorrect on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would personally be quite surprised if none of the Covenant races in Shadowlands end up as Allied Races. May not happen during Shadowlands proper, just as the Nightborne and Void Elves didn't become Allied Races until the BfA pre-release patch, but it seems almost certain to eventually happen.
    I find it hard that immortal beings from another plane of existence would get down to the mortal world to bow before a mortal organization and play with mortal affairs.
    Ion's words on the matter can be read as that maybe lore developments could allow such a thing, but I find it more likely that there may be developments in other ways: mortal races that make a pact with these immortal beings. That's where the idea of a possible new breed of san'layn could come from: essentially, instead of Venthyr, undead elves that use Venthyr magic. There's even Kael'thas in this expansion, after all, and he could be their leader or patron figure. So, maybe the Alliance one could involve some race making a deal with the Kyrian (Uther?) or the Night Fae?

(I'm assuming there's no more than two allied races, but maybe there could be four).
    (Yes, it's pure speculation).

---------------------------

Returning to topic, what I see as possible additions to void elves in Shadowlands:

- Very likely: New hair colors. Probably different from blood elves': dark red, silver-blue, black, white, bege, dual color.
    - Very likely: Ear length, copied from blood elves.
    - Likely: New hair styles (when allied races get their turn)
    - Likely: Alleria-like tattoos (when allied races get their turn)
    - Unlikely, but Hopefully: Option to turn tentacles on/off for each hair style (maybe choose between tendrils and braids)

I think there's a chance for each allied race based on another existing model to get some small attention in 9.0. I think a few skin and hair textures additions are possible, and things like draenei tail length will probably be inherited from the parent race. New geosets, like jewelry, hair styles, beards and so on, however, will probably only come in a future post-9.0 pass.
    Whatever...

No one is taking away your blood elves or their customization options. In fact, we were shown a bunch of new ones yesterday. Great updates for blood elves.
    It is hard to say such a thing given Void elves got some of the most important option that defined blood elves from the void elf counterparts.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it hard that immortal beings from another plane of existence would get down to the mortal world to bow before a mortal organization and play with mortal affairs.
    Ion's words on the matter can be read as that maybe lore developments could allow such a thing, but I find it more likely that there may be developments in other ways: mortal races that make a pact with these immortal beings. That's where the idea of a possible new breed of san'layn could come from: essentially, instead of Venthyr, undead elves that use Venthyr magic. There's even Kael'thas in this expansion, after all, and he could be their leader or patron figure. So, maybe the Alliance one could involve some race making a deal with the Kyrian (Uther?) or the Night Fae?

(I'm assuming there's no more than two allied races, but maybe there could be four).
    (Yes, it's pure speculation).

---------------------------

Returning to topic, what I see as possible additions to void elves in Shadowlands:

- Very likely: New hair colors. Probably different from blood elves': dark red, silver-blue, black, white, bege, dual color.
    - Unlikely, but Hopefully: Option to turn tentacles on/off for each hair style (maybe choose between tendrils and braids)

I think there's a chance for each allied race based on another existing model to get some small attention in 9.0. I think a few skin and hair textures additions are possible, and things like draenei tail length will probably be inherited from the parent race. New geosets, like jewelry, hair styles, beards and so on, however, will probably only come in a future post-9.0 pass.
    Considering Blizzard pretty much walked back a TON of things they said they wouldn't do, or said they had no plans of doing. It is in the air honestly.

I don't really have any skin in the game in terms of high elves, but I am a little disappointed to see the Horde losing the uniqueness of one of their most popular races. It was already a little iffy for me before with the exact same silhouette, but now skin colors as well? If they give them light colored hairs then it's basically over. Nightborne are more differentiated from Night Elves than Void Elves from Blood Elves.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2020-05-29 at 01:18 AM.

big difference here, void elves were completely new and made from the spot to be a new race, the vampire elves are a well established race of evil blood suckers, and lore shows the horde would not want a people like that, Rokhan and Talanji even talk bad about then, with reason

Retcon then for the sake of some folks is nonsense, thats why if they want rly a vampire-like race, Venthyr are the best bet, by being new, they can put then as pragmatic and not evil fucks

Also, for sake for "fairness" there is other races waiting in the line before then, who would make way more sense
    But the point here is how "evil" groups can be redefined. As it happened with Forsaken, as it happened with the Void itself as a concept to make Void Elves.

As orcs were from War1 onwards.

The idea of "no this group can't be playable because they are evil" runs against history itself. They have always been redefining groups and concepts.

And im sure in time if it hasn't been already, those will be added to the list of things people will be begging for as well, because again, they were given an inch and now demand miles.
    No doubt some people are already demanding everything. However, I think the reasonable majority that want high elves will be more than content as long as they have all the parts and pieces necessary to play a high elf. Personally I wouldn't bat at eye if blood elves had literally 10x the number of customization options compared to high elves, as long as we get the basics (regular hair colors/hair styles, regular skin colors, and don't turn into a void monster when fighting).

It would also be great (as discussed earlier in the thread) if the datamined new race fields tied your customization options to your race name, so you could be called a "high elf" in game.

I do see alleria like tattoos as something that could be very specifically Void Elven -in how it pays homage to her- It was odd that they didn't add farstrider tattoos on BE's tbh -the gold chains seemed very from out left field- overall most BE options don't seem to call to Farstrider -specifically War2 aesthetics- So maybe they are keeping that as an Alleria related, and thus Void Elf related, thing.

I do like the initial VE lore of being scholars, sure, but there's a lot of potential of VE's as this sort of "shadowy stalkers", a mirror of Alleria's role as a ranger, and a contrast to the more "fancy" scholarly origin of first generation VE's, being more primal and dangerous.

Could be a very neat flavor for Hunters and Rogues, the opportunity is right there for a twist on the ranger archetype with Alleria as their leader.

T.

I had forgotten this existed and I'm sad I was reminded. Those Sanlayn are amazing looking.