Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Tried to quickly throw together what I want out of a 10.0 revamp

*snip*

You can pick 10.0 as an expansion, just like all the others in Chromie time. Focus is on races and rebuilding, less on faction war and destruction. So, opposite of BFA.
    Why let highborn take over Feathermoon? That makes very little sense, just let them roam in Eldre'thalas. I actually don't believe that the isle will be used again unless there establish a better way to go to and from it.

Teldrassil and the "Draenei isles" will be probably be unused, since they are both easily to ignore and are both just too disconnected.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-06-02 at 01:07 PM.

I wonder if they're holding off with new major builds because of the info dump/announcement coming on 9th June.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Why let highborn take over Feathermoon? That makes very little sense, just let them roam in Eldre'thalas. I actually don't believe that the isle will be used again unless there establish a better way to go to and from it.

Teldrassil and the "Draenei isles" will be probably be unused, since they are both easily to ignore and are both just too disconnected.
    It was between Ogres and Highborne for taking over Dire Maul, ultimately wanted to give them something rather than nothing. Also a 10.0 revamp will be nothing but a disappointment if they ignore the Azuremyst Isles and Quel'Thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I like what we're getting so far but I'm a little worried about the lack of new features.
    The fact Shadowlands has barely no features is my favorite part. Adding features for the sake of it is what helped ruin BFA. Let loot be loot and let's return to a Pre-Warlords time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Potential 10.0 plotlines are a direct consequence of what will happen in 9.0. By discussing 10.0 beign a world revamp we are implicitly also arguing that Shadowlands will end with all major problems being solved, and no immediate problems will arise before then.
    If you take offense to that then you could always argue on how you think Shadowlands will end, and what the B-plot that will propel the next expansion will be.
    I can't see that happening. I predict the next expansion will be about the Light, that with all the talk about the Golden One and the "Light making a pact with Death", as well as Yrel and the Lightbound from BfA. Plus I imagine Blizzard would want to celebrate 10.0 with a super duper cosmic expansion ala TBC and Legion, instead of a more grounded expansion like MoP or this Old World Revamp expansion would be.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

That's my worry, but it seems like there's one on the way today?

I'm sure the elf stuff last week was a way to keep the hype going without any builds, though.

I'd freaking love it if the 9th ends up being a major event where they discuss some sort of second part of Shadowlands which they haven't yet discussed. Like... class sets, allied races, heritage armour, or perhaps even some sort of sub-class system to add more depth to classes.

I like what we're getting so far but I'm a little worried about the lack of new features.
    Given the current situation in the US right now, I very much doubt we're going to get anything today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It was between Ogres and Highborne for taking over Dire Maul, ultimately wanted to give them something rather than nothing. Also a 10.0 revamp will be nothing but a disappointment if they ignore the Azuremyst Isles and Quel'Thalas.
    In their position I would rather destroy the Azuremyst Isles then redoing them and rather settle the Draenei and the Lightforged somewhere else. I would put Ogres and Highborn into Dire Maul and make them fight over it. Beside that, the Feathermoon Stronghold is not on the Isle anymore since cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I can't see that happening. I predict the next expansion will be about the Light, that with all the talk about the Golden One and the "Light making a pact with Death", as well as Yrel and the Lightbound from BfA. Plus I imagine Blizzard would want to celebrate 10.0 with a super duper cosmic expansion ala TBC and Legion, instead of a more grounded expansion like MoP or this Old World Revamp expansion would be.
    What could be better to celebrate 10.0 on Azeroth with revamped old zones, the original content. Especially after we were already 3 years in some other cosmic dimension (the shadowlands)

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Given the current situation in the US right now, I very much doubt we're going to get anything today.
    They pushed a encrypted build yesterday (they also pushed one last week)
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-06-02 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not that a world revamp would be void of any overarching plots, but I doubt there would be a massive void invasion, or end of the world stuff.
    In a way we mostly just need a moment in WoW where all the characters rightfully believe there is nothing to fight or be heavily invested in, allowing for reconstrruction plots, or in a sense rediscovering EK and kalimdor in the wake of all the recent events.

Any major enemy in a world revamp expansion would have to be one that could work in the background, and not be a direct threat until at least after the first raid.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

In their position I would rather destroy the Azuremyst Isles then redoing them and rather settle the Draenei and the Lightforged somewhere else.
    Not sure where else they'd be on Azeroth. Maybe mainland, but where would be better than where they already settled?

I would put Ogres and Highborn into Dire Maul and make them fight over it.
    Well, considering this takes place years after the Fourth War, they wouldn't be fighting, but I hypothetically did the same, and the outcome was Ogres for me, I had a tough time picking but ultimately gave it to them for balance. Plus the fact Ogres don't exactly have any land on Azeroth anymore, unless you count the ruins of Exile's Reach, Seething Shore, and bits and pieces of places like Dustwallow.

Beside that, the Feathermoon Stronghold is not on the Isle anymore since cataclysm.
    It would be a world revamp so this point is irrelevant. We could see extreme changes like retaking islands like they did in Cataclysm with the Echo Isles.

What could be better to celebrate 10.0 on Azeroth with revamped old zones, the original content. Especially after we were already 3 years in some other cosmic dimension (the shadowlands)
    Also this
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-06-02 at 01:58 PM.

Mists did just fine with no actual features besides CM and Monk.

All that matters is that there are fun things to do at endgame and the game IS fun (so progression isn't bad, itemization isn't bad, etc)

In their position I would rather destroy the Azuremyst Isles then redoing them and rather settle the Draenei and the Lightforged somewhere else. I would put Ogres and Highborn into Dire Maul and make them fight over it. Beside that, the Feathermoon Stronghold is not on the Isle anymore since cataclysm.

They pushed a encrypted build yesterday (they also pushed one last week)
    Yes, and? Given the state of the US, I doubt anything will go live today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Mists did just fine with no actual features besides CM and Monk.

All that matters is that there are fun things to do at endgame and the game IS fun (so progression isn't bad, itemization isn't bad, etc)
    Systems for systems' sake has greatly compounded BFA's badness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Systems for systems' sake has greatly compounded BFA's badness.
    Right. Having novel new systems IS a plus (Legion) but if they're not good then it doesn't matter and arguably tanks an expansion (BFA).

I honestly think Torghast is MUCH more interesting than M+ and artifacts, and while the Covenant system is mostly an updated faction/reward system I really like the idea (definitely the best "borrowed power" system of the 3 because its the only one that makes sense to be temporary). I will admit the expansion has less "punchy" features than Legion and BFA but don't think that has any merit on the actual quality of the expansion.

Player count and marketability? Maybe. But I doubt it, if people hear the game is good they will play it.

...and less features implies more features in the next expansion anyway.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-06-02 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yes, and? Given the state of the US, I doubt anything will go live today.
    why wouldn't they? A build is just a build and no massive PR event.

Depends on what's in the build. I remember BFA builds where they definitely drip-feed revealed things and timed it to build hype (druid forms for example).

Posting new build still usually generates positive hype amongst the fanbase.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is the gold/itens farm/drop going on on alpha? like, im doing some good gold farming some wod dungeons and raids, hope things are not getting nerfed?

This is still a significant event in the United States, possibly being one of the most significant in the countries history. Several other companies have already shut down in support, and you can bet your ass that a California based company would be all over showing support.
    Obviously they could still go forward with it if they have it ready and just need to ship it, but I would imagine that it will be delayed if this keeps going.

I mean, let's be honest here. The United States is currently in a situation where the president ordered the national guard to clear a park of preaceful protestors with tear gas and rubber bullets for a photo op meant to deflect blame that he is a coward for hiding in a bunker.
    This is hardly the moment to be surprised if an America based company decides to close down in solidarity.

I think we're forgetting how impactful retail Warcraft is to the outside world. Most people... don't care, and won't care if the dev team ships a build for an alpha of world of warcraft.

Can they take this chance for a day off or time to regroup out of the office? Sure.

I think you overestimate the effect of a new build, even a lot of the current players do not even care and even less so people outside of warcraft. Yes they show support but the development teams will not just suddenly stop working. Also they do these builds not just for PR but first and foremost to get stuff tested.

I think you overestimate the effect of a new build, even a lot of the current players do not even care and even less so people outside of warcraft. Yes they show support but the development teams will not just suddenly stop working. Also they do these builds not just for PR but first and foremost to get stuff tested.
    The effect of the build is mostly irrelevant. The important part here is how Blizzard wants to react to what is happening in the country that they are situated, and whose president is currently being consdered as overreaching his authority.

We might be overestimating how much work or impact a build could have. But I think you are way underestimating the severity of what is happening in the United States at this point.
    This is a nationwide riot that could fundamentally change the United States forever. If Blizzard has any sense they will put statements out from this, and an easy statement to make is to stop all releases in support.
    Yes, it doesnt do much in general terms, but neither does any individual person supporting anything. It is about sending a message, and Blizzard will damn well do something eventually.