Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It isn't.

Why would it be? You have to really misinterpret what freedom of the press means to believe that. You secure the area then figure out what is occurring they were not responding to a call they simply were flagged down they had zero idea what was going on there beyond people being in clear distress.
    By handcuffing the black people and not the non black reporters instead of just talking to them. Awesome you are really proving these protest right by showing the systemic racism inherit in the police system of this country. Are you just acting the Trump stooge as a deep play?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There was no report of violence or any threat. There was no need to "secure" the area as there was no threat.
    There wasn't any report they were flagged down...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for admitting you didn't read the article Edge posted and clearly only absorb information presented in video format.

Police responding to the scene of a confrontation between store owners and apparent looters in Los Angeles handcuffed those who appeared to be defending the store, according to video footage of the incident captured by a local Fox station. Police continued to handcuff the store's defenders even after a local reporter repeatedly said that the suspected looters were getting away.

Footage from local Fox station KTTV, which aired live on television, showed several community members and apparent employees of a liquor store – some holding guns – arguing with apparent looters on the sidewalk in Van Nuys. Reporter Christina Gonzalez, who was on the scene, described seeing looters trying to break into a nearby gold store.

Several community members and small business owners shouted at the looters, telling them to leave the area. As police cars drove by, Gonzalez and some community members tried to flag them down.
    Just in case you missed it.

As police cars drove by, Gonzalez and some community members tried to flag them down.
    Are you going to admit you're lying, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

They where flagged down.
    Here is what they see and what they have to figure out
    So, are you saying it is standard procedure to detain and search everyone whenever police are flagged down?

You see the worst because you expect the worst.
    You see the worst because you're a fucking racist.

Oh really because you just said 2 posts above this one.

They where flagged down.
    So you just going to keep lying or drop the charade.

So you still haven't watched the video, then.

Why the fuck are you here?

They where flagged down.
    At least pretend to be consistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you still haven't watched the video, then.

Why the fuck are you here?
    Tis a mystery, but;

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac
    Clownery.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

At least pretend to be consistent.
    According to Trumpsters truth and facts are subjective and relative to their feelings so if he doesn't feel it is true he can just disregard it.

So, are you saying it is standard procedure to detain and search everyone whenever police are flagged down?

You see the worst because you're a fucking racist.
    Yes, and I would disagree but considering you made this entire argument about standard police procedure about race I doubt you will agree with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I would disagree but considering you made this entire argument about standard police procedure about race I doubt you will agree with me.
    It's generally unreliable to agree with someone that lies constantly, can you blame them? We don't believe a word Kayleigh McEnany says for the same reason.

Not that anyone will heed me, but I suggest that people here should ease off a bit. Some of you are starting to sound more like fanatics. Yes, this does include the most vocal people here too.
    P.S.
    Laughingjack, they did not detain the white news crew, while every black person was detained. Make of that what you will. Also, no, first reaction is not to detain everyone in the vicinity when you are flagged down, unless you can show me that part of the operating manual? On what basis should flagging down be intepreted as danger?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Not that anyone will heed me, but I suggest that people here should ease off a bit. Some of you are starting to sound more like fanatics. Yes, this does include the most vocal people here too.
    If you aren't upset, you're not paying attention. Stop trying to tone police.

Prove it is standard procedure, then. Because nothing I've seen, or experienced, indicates that police automatically detain everyone (which they didn't in the video, the armed white men inside the store were not detained nor were the news crew) immediately upon arriving at a scene to respond to requests for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    P.S.
    Laughingjack, they did not detain the white news crew, while every black person was detained. Make of that what you will. Also, no, first reaction is not to detain everyone in the vicinity when you are flagged down, unless you can show me that part of the operating manual? On what basis should flagging down be intepreted as danger?!
    In a unknown situation and that is what that was. The first thing you do is secure the scene. Now I admit I thought one of the camera crew was being detained as well but it appears that isn't the case.

It is how they are trained to handle any unknown situation like that assume that there is a threat until you can confirm otherwise. The entire clip lasted only a minute because odds are in the following five the police simply get a description and release the owners.

From what I can tell in the few seconds we get they simply broke the group down into sub groups and addressed the first they could readily identify as being the least threatening to gather information about.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a unknown situation and that is what that was. The first thing you do is secure the scene. Now I admit I thought one of the camera crew was being detained as well but it appears that isn't the case.

It is how they are trained to handle any unknown situation like that assume that there is a threat until you can confirm otherwise. The entire clip lasted only a minute because odds are in the following five the police simply get a description and release the owners.

From what I can tell in the few seconds we get they simply broke the group down into sub groups and addressed the first they could readily identify as being the least threatening to gather information about.
    Assume everyone is a threat, but only detain the black people.

Sounds about white.

Prove it is standard procedure, then. Because nothing I've seen, or experienced, indicates that police automatically detain everyone (which they didn't in the video, the armed white men inside the store were not detained nor were the news crew) immediately upon arriving at a scene to respond to requests for help.
    I did not see anyone armed but assuming they were they would be sectioned off and questioned separately. Again you are asking me to make call on all of this with a total of roughly 20s of police involvement.

I did not see anyone armed but assuming they were they would be sectioned off and questioned separately. Again you are asking me to make call on all of this with a total of roughly 20s of police involvement.
    So in your mind "securing" an area means detain all people of colour, ignore everyone else, because.... why? Because racism, and you condone it, is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So in your mind "securing" an area means detain all people of colour, ignore everyone else, because.... why? Because racism, and you condone it, is why.
    When you thought racism just couldn't get any more racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Well fortunately for you a trained journalist typed up the sequence of events in the article that Edge linked which you clearly didn't read because the strategy is just contradiction with no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    As far as I can tell everyone was detained they simply separated the news crew as they figured out what was happening. To me this seems like jumping at shadows and seeing a boogie man behind every corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can tell everyone was detained they simply separated the news crew as they figured out what was happening. To me this seems like jumping at shadows and seeing a boogie man behind every corner.
    Yeah, we already get that you aren't cognizant of the state of policing in America, hun.