Poll: Do you want Corruption in Shadowlands?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Correction still stands and certainly doesn't constitute as evidence for anything.
    Well, why don't you go gather enough people for a proper sample size, poll each and every one of them, and then come back to me. Until then, your correction means jack shit and 252/271 is enough of a sample size for me to correctly use the word majority, which simply means "the greater number." GTFO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, we dont need/want another passive crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Keeps it more interesting and allows weaker classes to still compete.
    Maybe if you're incapable of playing the game yourself at a level higher than random heroic dungeons. The only people who like corruptions are the people that can't play their classes themselves and finally have a way of feeling like they're good players thanks to totally random procs that you have no control over.

Corruption has to be one of the worst fucking things ever added to this game. Just look at the situation with BoEs at the launch of 8.3 for example. That's not even mentioning all off the bullshit people have been dealing with when BiS corruptions get nerfed right after they get the piece they need or when it finally ends up on the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    Well, why don't you go gather enough people for a proper sample size, poll each and every one of them, and then come back to me. Until then, your correction means jack shit and 252/271 is enough of a sample size for me to correctly use the word majority, which simply means "the greater number." GTFO.
    Because I'm not the one making weird claims based off silly data, hence there isn't anything I need to prove.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but it doesn't change the fact by statistics standards it's a flaky statement.

WF/TF was much better than corruptions.

It adds a mechanic called GEAR SWAPPING. You carry around multiple extra pieces for each slot so that you can minimize and maximize your Corruption for different types of content. Having this ability allows you to play the game at such a higher level in terms of planning and thinking. Most specs boil down to press 3-5 buttons and that's it. It's not complicated.
    Gear swapping has been a thing since vanilla. Blizzard made it so that it's impossible to switch gear while in M+ so the feature is basically meaningless in any meaningful content where it's actually beneficial to switch gear from pull to pull. As it is now you just equip your gear before you start the key, that's nothing different than what has been going on for over a decade and is less engaging than what we had in legion where you could switch legendaries on the fly from pull to pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Maybe if you're incapable of playing the game yourself at a level higher than random heroic dungeons. The only people who like corruptions are the people that can't play their classes themselves and finally have a way of feeling like they're good players thanks to totally random procs that you have no control over.

Corruption has to be one of the worst fucking things ever added to this game. Just look at the situation with BoEs at the launch of 8.3 for example. That's not even mentioning all off the bullshit people have been dealing with when BiS corruptions get nerfed right after they get the piece they need or when it finally ends up on the vendor.
    There's nothing particularly intuitive about things like TA but stat based corruptions do have interesting affects on rotations (in particular haste with arms warriors/destro locks). Granted it's still OTT as shit but it's not all down to waiting for RNG to win the game for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    WF/TF was much better than corruptions.
    If they'd toned things down with TF it would have been more acceptable. Sadly it's all been about extremes in BfA.

The poll sort of speaks for itself.

There's nothing particularly intuitive about things like TA but stat based corruptions do have interesting affects on rotations (in particular haste with arms warriors/destro locks). Granted it's still OTT as shit but it's not all down to waiting for RNG to win the game for you.

- - - Updated - - -

If they'd toned things down with TF it would have been more acceptable. Sadly it's all been about extremes in BfA.
    The percent stat increase corruptions are at least better than the random proc ones but then we end up in a situation where fire mages are doing 300-400k single target DPS and tanks are stacking so much versatile that they're basically immune in high keys and can run 100+ corruption comfortably.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    No it does not. Nothing and no one needs a random chance to get X power that may, or may not, be amazing and needs to be supplied by Y item which prevents system Z from killing or harrasing you at times.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    The percent stat increase corruptions are at least better than the random proc ones but then we end up in a situation where fire mages are doing 300-400k single target DPS and tanks are stacking so much versatile that they're basically immune in high keys and can run 100+ corruption comfortably.
    Yea I agree, the sheer levels of stat stacking you can do is absolutely bonkers. If everything had been toned down/capped it'd be a little easier to deal with but this tier has been utterly terrible with balancing.

Mr. Dungo, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent OP were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I'm asking myself if those fortnite kids out there are really so fked in the head by lootboxes, that they think adding complete rng elements to a mmo like wow is a good and fun idea.

I've included a poll so Blizzard can see how many others support Corruption.
    They wont be disappointed im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    What are you crying about?

From reading your jargon all over the place, where-ever you happen to post, any gear change for you would be "gear tax".

1. Nope. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LByxE48-ATk Or define your meaning of dead slots? Specifically to the mid-end part of that video he explains how tier along with a couple of other systems made gearing far more interesting and something to care about. And now that I think of it, by your whatever you mean by dead slots. For me personally, all the slots of gear except the trinkets are dead, because I don't give a flying F about any of them, and haven't for an expansion or 2 now. I only know the name of the vita trinket. Szhkuul Vaz or whatever it was, I don't remember anything else off the top of my head, having given it a solid minute to think of. N'zoth shoulder piece vaguely resembles a name.
    2. Just like losing everything else will get you pissed, especially the 40% haste going away from hurrdurr corruption, this argument makes no sense.
    3. What is gear tax?
    4. WTF is gear tax?
    1. Nope, reality is like Ion said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMKJ3LWDrKk&t=549s
    2. No losing stats is nowhere near as bad as loosing GAME-CHANGING mechanic. For example my hunter lost at the end of HFC instant aimed shot. Losing haste is nowhere near as bad as making your spell that was once instant, castable.
    3. Gear tax is gems in it's previous iteration where gear dropped with predefined gem slots, you couldn't wear that item until you paid a tax in form of gems.
    4. Same goes for "meaningful" NOT enchants. That weren't a choice. You had to pay a tax to equip item. With boring stat increasing enchants that just didn't mean anything. It was literally like a tax to pay to add +50 (insert your bis stat here) secondary stat.

And we still have these taxes except for weapon enchant.

Because I'm not the one making weird claims based off silly data, hence there isn't anything I need to prove.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but it doesn't change the fact by statistics standards it's a flaky statement.
    I actually just realized how dumb you are. Why? Because you went off-topic. On-topic - as in - in this thread, the majority disagrees. And to think of all the words I wasted on you... that's what I get for pulling an all-nighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    I actually just realized how dumb you are. Why? Because you went off-topic. On-topic - as in - in this thread, the majority disagrees. And to think of all the words I wasted on you... that's what I get for pulling an all-nighter.
    You were trying to refute someone who said "Blizzard listened to the vocal minority", therefore what I said is flowing off that context - the wider playerbase. The only one going off topic here is you with your inability to just accept a simple statement. Odd to see you still stuck on this point while previously claiming you weren't interested in these kind of arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    4. Same goes for "meaningful" NOT enchants. That weren't a choice. You had to pay a tax to equip item. With boring stat increasing enchants that just didn't mean anything. It was literally like a tax to pay to add +50 (insert your bis stat here) secondary stat.

And we still have these taxes except for weapon enchant.
    To be fair, secondary stats are much more fluid than they used to be. Some specs might have "stack x stat as much as you can" but there are still a variety of classes that will change the enchant based on content, sim results and specific gear synchronisations.

To be fair, secondary stats are much more fluid than they used to be. Some specs might have "stack x stat as much as you can" but there are still a variety of classes that will change the enchant based on content, sim results and specific gear synchronisations.
    Only because we can get to the point of diminishing returns kicking in.

1. No we do not need corruption in shadowlands

2. There's many more wanting it to go away than those wanting it to stay according to your own poll

3. LET LOOT BE LOOT

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Only because we can get to the point of diminishing returns kicking in.
    Not really, we've had specs like Frost DK and Ret pally that have prioritised balancing stats rather than stacking one till x point then moving on to y.

In any case I'd certainly view it as more of a choice now than it used to be.