Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Truly, the last few pages in this thread have been insane. I seriously question whether some of you have ever been outside.
    What do you do if not call cops on someone in a running car, blocking driveway, who looks like he is drunk? Call paramedics? Really???
    It is almost guaranteed that 911 dispatch will send you cops first, unless you report and actualy medical emergency right away (like the person is convulsing, for example).
    I'd call 911, but police here aren't going to leapfrog up the force escalation pyramid until they get to kill the guy when I called them about someone sleeping in their car.

If that's a potential outcome (and it clearly fuckin' is), yeah, don't call 911 unless you want someone dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Which law did he break exactly???? Stopping and sleeping because they couldn’t drive isnt breaking the law.
    from what I understand he was not in a parking space, but in the drive though part blocking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'd call 911, but police here aren't going to leapfrog up the force escalation pyramid until they get to kill the guy when I called them about someone sleeping in their car.

If that's a potential outcome (and it clearly fuckin' is), yeah, don't call 911 unless you want someone dead.
    The dear Mr. Communism was trying to argue that medics have to be called, everywhere. Outside of USA too, which is what triggers me. And people here in the thread pretty much insinuated the same plus started to blame Wendy's emplyee. As I said, insanity.
    P.S.
    Calling 911 in USA would still pretty much not result in your or someone else's death. Not calling them? That is more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh this is cute but no, and No I do not support not allowing police to do what tax payers paid them to do in that community. Trust me I am in full support of the gardening, and I am willing to donate in a heart beat, yeah property law is still a thing. I didn't support Clive Bundy and his rural band of shit kicking idiots, I for damn sure wouldn't support thing. Granted nobody is threatening anybody with a gun but still.

Intimidation can be a thing, when and where the system can be addressed it should be.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yeah this is all kinda demented.

Calling the police is correct. "well if you call the police, someone might get hurt!" yeah that's true. It seems a bit unfair to pin it on the Wendy's staff when they can't foresee that the man will resist arrest, steal a lethal weapon from the police and then fire on the police while fleeing the crimescene, causing the police to return fire. If you're a fast food worker and you can see foresee that, skip working at Wendy's, just buy lottery tickets.
    The other options are what; call an ambulance directly (not through 911) so that they can come gently shake the man awake... and then they call the police to arrest a DUI?
    Or you could just wake him up, give him his chicken nuggets and tell him to leave? Drunk drivers kill ten times as many people as the police do in America.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

Calling the police is correct. "well if you call the police, someone might get hurt!" yeah that's true. It seems a bit unfair to pin it on the Wendy's staff when they can't foresee that the man will resist arrest, steal a lethal weapon from the police and then fire on the police while fleeing the crimescene, causing the police to return fire. If you're a fast food worker and you can see foresee that, skip working at Wendy's, just buy lottery tickets.
    The other options are what; call an ambulance directly (not through 911) so that they can come gently shake the man awake... and then they call the police to arrest a DUI?
    Or you could just wake him up, give him his chicken nuggets and tell him to leave? Drunk drivers kill ten times as many people as the police do in America.
    So Tasers which officers say are non lethal everyone is calling lethal now????

In fact the fact that he FIRED THE WEAPON WHICH ONLY CAN BE FIRED ONCE is proof enough that when he was actually shot any chance of non-lethal shock, was gone.

Are you trying to say little should be done about police issues because more people die by DUIs??

In fact the fact that he FIRED THE WEAPON WHICH ONLY CAN BE FIRED ONCE is proof enough that when he was actually shot any chance of non-lethal shock, was gone.

Are you trying to say little should be done about police issues because more people die by DUIs??
    I'm not suggesting that shooting him was justifiable. I'm responding to the assertion that the police shouldn't have been called. It's a ridiculous rabbit hole to try to go down.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

They aren't "non-lethal". As with the whole array of gear (flashbangs, rubber bullets, tear gas/pepper balls, tasers, audio devices etc.) are called "less-lethal" IIRC. Because each can be lethal in a number of circumstances, just not as a general rule and not by design.

Each officer had a taser, he took the other officers taser and you can see him fire it backwards towards the pursuing officer before he is shot.

It's a messy as fuck situation, and them transitioning from giving him the test to immediately putting cuffs on him seems to be when things went south fast. I doubt there are any "good" answers here, but this absolutely should not have ended this way.

I'm not suggesting that shooting him was justifiable. I'm responding to the assertion that the police shouldn't have been called. It's a ridiculous rabbit hole to try to go down.
    You also called a taser a lethal weapon. (it isn't) and better yet the taser was fired which rendered it no longer a taser frankly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

What rock do they live under where they don't know how cops treat minorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They aren't "non-lethal". As with the whole array of gear (flashbangs, rubber bullets, tear gas/pepper balls, tasers, audio devices etc.) are called "less-lethal" IIRC. Because each can be lethal in a number of circumstances, just not as a general rule and not by design.

Each officer had a taser, he took the other officers taser and you can see him fire it backwards towards the pursuing officer before he is shot.

It's a messy as fuck situation, and them transitioning from giving him the test to immediately putting cuffs on him seems to be when things went south fast. I doubt there are any "good" answers here, but this absolutely should not have ended this way.
    I see, it seems there was a change 8 years ago to call them less lethal.

Right, which after it goes off, firing no longer made sense. Unless the cop somehow forgot that he was holding a gun, not a taser and after he shot he couldn't again.

Officers in America don't know what the fuck to do, they just put people in cuffs for... who knows what. Generally if you're black and stopped prepared to be cuffed while they ask questions about... something...

Then claim you have a warrant when they don't know your name and your license plates are entirely clean.

This all seems rather simple.

"Your sister leaves around the block, okay we can give you a ride. If you're okay to walk we can walk you there." Or "Just park there and you can sleep it off." All things which happen in suburbs, all things that happen generally to people who are white, or East Asian.

Lethal and non-lethal refers to the purpose of the weapon, not the outcome. A baton is a non-lethal weapon, but you can kill someone with it. A gun is designed to do exactly one thing. To kill. Nothing else. You may botch the job, of course. That doesn't change the fact that every single gun is designed to end the life of something or someone.

A taser, on the other hand, is designed to incapacitate. Doesn't mean it can't kill someone.

You also called a taser a lethal weapon. (it isn't) and better yet the taser was fired which rendered it no longer a taser frankly.
    Honestly, this is all missing the point.
    I don't understand how we can expect a Wendy's staff member to know that that person who's passed out in their driveway is going to resist arrest, steal a weapon from the police, fire it and then be shot dead.

This all seems rather simple.

"Your sister leaves around the block, okay we can give you a ride. If you're okay to walk we can walk you there." Or "Just park there and you can sleep it off." All things which happen in suburbs, all things that happen generally to people who are white, or East Asian.
    I agree, it's really weird that this event even happened. It could have been very easily avoided.
    Just uber eats your chicken nuggets when you're pissed

And fwiw yeah I take drink driving pretty seriously.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2020-06-17 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Lethal and non-lethal refers to the purpose of the weapon, not the outcome. A baton is a non-lethal weapon, but you can kill someone with it. A gun is designed to do exactly one thing. To kill. Nothing else. You may botch the job, of course. That doesn't change the fact that every single gun is designed to end the life of something or someone.

A taser, on the other hand, is designed to incapacitate. Doesn't mean it can't kill someone.
    Tasers are explicitly marketed as "less-lethal" or "less-than-lethal", not "non-lethal".

And a big distinction we should be making here is that police officers don't get to have it both ways with these things. If him firing it blind behind himself as he runs away can be considered a lethal threat, warranting lethal force in response, then it's a lethal-force response every single time officers use them. Same for tear gas or batons or anything. There's this case, where officers used the taser pre-emptively when the guy struggled with them, and then considered it lethal force when it was turned on them, and there's another case where a guy chucked a tear gas canister back at officers who'd fired it, and was charged with "assault with a deadly weapon". If that's true one way, it's true both ways.

The cops are trying to have it both ways, where their use of these weapons is "non-lethal, it's fine, it's just a friendly poke", but the moment they're faced with them, it's "OMG PANIC KILL KILL MURDER DEATH KILL." Pick a goddamned lane, you fucking chickenshits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully these people will be able to get snacks to sustain the occupation unlike the Bundy/Bird Sanctuary occupation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, many Tasers have 2 shots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Multiple pages about cops... There are already threads for that. It has nothing to do with creating segregated gardens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Hopefully these people will be able to get snacks to sustain the occupation unlike the Bundy/Bird Sanctuary occupation.
    It's in the middle of the largest city in the Pacific Northwest. There's a QFC and a Safeway like a block away from it, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    What rock do they live under where they don't know how cops treat minorities?
    Can you stop? Like, seriously, can you stop pushing your insane theories? Wendy's staff did nothing wrong. In fact, they actually did what they were supposed to - call 911.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Multiple pages about cops... There are already threads for that. It has nothing to do with creating segregated gardens.
    Its clear you have no idea what the chaz protest is about.