Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's been dead for a while. Nostalgia wore off
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by jba252 View Post
    Its as I said

Classic is Retail

same sub, built off of legion architecture

basically what happened is that blizzard granted amnesty to illegals so we can tax them ($14.99)

Welcome to retail
    Doubling down on this huh?

Blizzards own differentiation

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's been dead for a while. Nostalgia wore off
    You should let the people still playing know. Does it make you feel good to say this shit lol?
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2020-06-19 at 12:10 AM.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    And how is this an argument to speed Classic up?

One of the biggest mistakes that Blizzard has made in the past that they delivered mid raidtiers ASAP, then followed it up with a 10-14 month wait period, while sitting on the lat tier.

I think those that do not raid at all in Classic have left it already - it's the only endgame you can do besides PvP after dungeons.
    You're not exactly encouraging Blizzard to linger in Classic in favor of TBC when you admit that yourself.

Plus, given the nature of the gear climb in Classic it's not like BWL ever becomes as obsolete as, say, Uldir or BDA are on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    If Classic is in a weird spot, how is the retail situation when more people play Classic than retail?
    There's more people playing retail than Classic, at least in NA/EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    There's more people playing retail than Classic, at least in NA/EU.
    Shhhh you can only bring up what blizzard says when it favours classic players. You should be perma banned for bringing up the fact that china is carrying classic on its back.

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Shhhh you can only bring up what blizzard says when it favours classic players. You should be perma banned for bringing up the fact that china is carrying classic on its back.

Shame.
    Even if only 10,000 people played Classic in NA, thats $150,000 a month, or $1.8 million a year. Take China out of the equation and Classic is a success no matter how you look at it.

Oh cant wait till about 3 months after naxx is released

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Even if only 10,000 people played Classic in NA, thats $150,000 a month, or $1.8 million a year. Take China out of the equation and Classic is a success no matter how you look at it.
    Cool? Classic was a success the second the game launched and for the first month when people were stuck with a sub. Then after that it tanked. (Still means it was a success).

The reply was not to if it was a success or not. Another 2000iq classic player decided to use his big brain and claim that classic is more popular than retail.

Which is factually untrue unless you play in china.

10+ Year Old Account
    BUT IF CLASSIC IS SO DEAD WHY LAYERING WHY QUEUES

-Every Classic Fanboy Ever

WAH I HATE LAYERING IT RUINS MY GAMEPLAY I JUST WANT TO PLAY

-Also Every Classic Fanboy Ever

Meh?

-Me
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

And some people also want to enjoy Classic.
    Your entire post virtually skips over Naxx 40, which is regarded as one of the raids with the lowest participation rates when it was current content - and even removed after a single expansion.
    i thought they might announce tbs at blizzcon this year, but thats obviously not happening. its going to be a while before it happens, assuming it happens (which it should).

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Cool? Classic was a success the second the game launched and for the first month when people were stuck with a sub. Then after that it tanked. (Still means it was a success).

The reply was not to if it was a success or not. Another 2000iq classic player decided to use his big brain and claim that classic is more popular than retail.

Which is factually untrue unless you play in china.
    So how exactly is China carrying Classic, then? And how can something tank and be a success simultaneously?

You play through things faster on your second playthrough, who would have figured that out.

That aside, "Play the patch" describes the behavior that the current patch essentially replaces any previous patch, MC is still relevant, BWL will also be relevant once AQ comes out.

Matter of fact, it will be a problem for a lot of guilds once AQ is out to clear all content on a single day, because your average guild won't clear AQ in <1 hour, then do BWL & MC as well ZG.
    So they might have to turn MC / ZG into a "not requirement activity", despite people still needing items from there - or add another day of raiding.

Furthermore, certain upgrades aren't the effort worth to some people, especially looking at PvP here.
    Sure, a Warrior could get AB Exalted for those Shoulders (or Rank 10) but that represents Months of effort unless you're in a decent Pre made group, so most people just hope they get the ones from BWL.

Lastly, you also have to measure how much time people have dumped into Classic to reach the point of raidlogging, especially during P1 / P2, once you hit 60, you started off with a bucketlist of things to do that kept people busy for weeks.
    That last bit was something that always baffled me. One of the major complaints I see all the time about BFA is that you're "forced" to do so many "chores" like AP farming and essence grinding, before you can get to what you want to do, ie arenas or raids, and this is portrayed as a bad thing.

Yet at the same time you mention the bucketlist of things that kept people busy for weeks before they reached the point they could raidlog, which is portrayed as a good thing.

Seems to be some mental dissonance here. Busywork in BFA "Burn Blizzard they don't care!" Busywork in classic "Wow, this is the best isn't it guys?!"
    Last edited by cparle87; 2020-06-19 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Remembered the word I wanted.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

lmao.. my guild and server are plenty busy. You don't need streamers or videos. it is classic wow all info is already online.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how exactly is China carrying Classic, then? And how can something tank and be a success simultaneously?
    One Word: Bots

Classic launched, Blizzard got a HUGE uptick in sub numbers. Hence the Success part. But numbers for Classic are dwindling. Hence, Tanking.

#TeamFuckEverything

If you look at addon downloads everytime an addon updates in both Classic and Retail, the downloads in Retail will usually be about twice that of Classic. Of course the biased Classic fanboys will come in and try to claim that less people use addons in Classic despite the mentality of gamers in Classic being just as hardcore or even more hardcore than Retail.

I'm saying this as someone who only plays Classic and has done so for the last 9 months. I despise BfA but facts are facts.

Weak Auras:

5 days ago

5 days ago

Bartender:

Jan 27, 2020

Jan 27, 2020

DBM:

Jun 12, 2020

Jun 12, 2020

It's fairly consistent across all addons. I'd say the Classic playerbase on NA/EU is roughly half that of Retails.
    Last edited by Master Factician; 2020-06-19 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    One Word: Bots

Classic launched, Blizzard got a HUGE uptick in sub numbers. Hence the Success part. But numbers for Classic are dwindling. Hence, Tanking.
    But China doesnt pay for subs like we do, its completely different.

Right now, on NA, Classic has 2 locked servers and 8 High servers. High servers capping out around 10k players. So, just in those servers alone there are around 100k players, combined. Not even mentioning the layered servers, or the other 10 servers.. Your measure for what tanking represents is strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Hey we're back to the "BUT LAYERING AND QUEUES" argument.

- - - Updated - - -

How many of those 100k are real people?

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Oh Hey we're back to the "BUT LAYERING AND QUEUES" argument.
    Didnt factor either into my argument. Your reading comprehension is sub par.

But China doesnt pay for subs like we do, its completely different.
    Yes they do

Right now, on NA, Classic has 2 locked servers and 8 High servers. High servers capping out around 10k players. So, just in those servers alone there are around 100k players, combined. Not even mentioning the layered servers, or the other 10 servers.. Your measure for what tanking represents is strange.

... High servers do not cap out at 10k. Full servers cap out at 5k per layer. The Full servers that have been layered recently are peaking at about 6,500 players online during the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait let me rephrase when I say real people.

How many of those 100k are people that actually play "Normal" (I.E. not playing 24/7)

#TeamFuckEverything