Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I think the problem with the announcement was the way it was setup.

maybe theyre just out of touch but i feel like somebody somewhere should've like wrote down a note and been like "uhhh this isnt gonna be what most people are expecting and theyre gonna be upset"

they definitely made it seem like we were getting a main game announcement
    Oh they knew and they don't give a shit. It's gonna make them money directly or indirectly and just like Dexit or Byleth in smash internet outrage is just a fucking meme that has no bearing on reality and won't effect them whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I think the problem with the announcement was the way it was setup.

maybe theyre just out of touch but i feel like somebody somewhere should've like wrote down a note and been like "uhhh this isnt gonna be what most people are expecting and theyre gonna be upset"

they definitely made it seem like we were getting a main game announcement
    Negative feedback = lots of people talking abauth it = free advertising for a shitty game

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Negative feedback = lots of people talking abauth it = free advertising for a shitty game
    Disappointing? Sure. But crappy? Bit much especially since this would technically be their first "flop".

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Disappointing? Sure. But crappy? Bit much especially since this would technically be their first "flop".
    It is not flop.

Even if not a single person in the west downloaded it, the Chinese market alone with their obsession with mobas and willingness to eat all the bullshit mobile games can throw at them means that this game will be massive success for Tencent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is not flop.

Even if not a single person in the west downloaded it, the Chinese market alone with their obsession with mobas and willingness to eat all the bullshit mobile games can throw at them means that this game will be massive success for Tencent.
    Think I misread what Yunru was talking about looking at your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Think I misread what Yunru was talking about looking at your post.
    Its a outrage tactic some companys were using for a few years now.
    https://www.warc.com/newsandopinion/...vertising/2126

Pokemon not having the pokemon was also the same tactic to get more attention to the game.
    The best counter to it is to post other games (like Temtem for pokemon) under their *adds* to help the competition instead.

I am just excited for this fully co-op sequel

10+ Year Old Account
    So i guess XC3 is gona be a thing in future seeing how they done the future connected ending.

It will probaly have to do something with humans being turned into a fog creatures. And also dimension jumping.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am just excited for this fully co-op sequel

They kinda owe it to the players who bought their shoddy, unoptimized disaster that was the first Bloodstained game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They kinda owe it to the players who bought their shoddy, unoptimized disaster that was the first Bloodstained game.
    Uhh I assume you mean the 2nd game cause there wasn't anything wrong with the first(which this one is a sequel to). They should stick to Curse of the Moon style, maybe with some higher quality sprites in the future because their 3D graphics attempt with Ritual of the Night is a dumpster fire not only in optimization but also it just looks ugly and cheap in general.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-06-27 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So i guess XC3 is gona be a thing in future seeing how they done the future connected ending.

It will probaly have to do something with humans being turned into a fog creatures. And also dimension jumping.
    XC3 would be great. I have hundreds of hour in 2 and about a hundred in 1 DE.

I would love it if monolith could port saga to the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    XC3 would be great. I have hundreds of hour in 2 and about a hundred in 1 DE.

I would love it if monolith could port saga to the switch.
    Monolith has better things to be doing then porting PS2 games, Bamco could just license whoever they want to do it. Harada already said that it failed to be approved multiple times. Bamco execs don't see profitability in it so it's really on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Monolith has better things to be doing then porting PS2 games, Bamco could just license whoever they want to do it. Harada already said that it failed to be approved multiple times. Bamco execs don't see profitability in it so it's really on them.
    Oh, I have serious doubts it would ever happen, but it is a wish of mine

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Oh, I have serious doubts it would ever happen, but it is a wish of mine
    It's honestly hilarious the Bamco execs keep blackballing the pitches for it since I'm sure Nintendo would be more then happy to enter a marketing agreement with them for it, and help them promote it while it is a multiplatform release. It doesn't need DE effort just get some random port house to up res it and the textures and call it a day. It would absolutely make money, more so then a lot of garbage Bamco spews out.

Posting on my phone, just to say, this year has been awesome for gaming. Nioh 2 was crazy good, P5royal, TLOU2, VIIR, and all, but dang if my favorite one isn’t XBCDE, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-06-27 at 05:22 AM.

Uhh I assume you mean the 2nd game cause there wasn't anything wrong with the first(which this one is a sequel to). They should stick to Curse of the Moon style, maybe with some higher quality sprites in the future because their 3D graphics attempt with Ritual of the Night is a dumpster fire not only in optimization but also it just looks ugly and cheap in general.
    The problem is they used unreal 4 and it was the first game any of their team made in that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The problem is they used unreal 4 and it was the first game any of their team made in that engine.
    Dude I can name many studios who made their first game on unreal 4 and it is no where near as bad. This is a terrible ass excuse. Epic even has a massive Japanese branch now that helps Japanese developers in using their engine, there really is no excuse. You make it sound like they started using luminous or some other shitty hard to use engine lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i read a report that Ninjala is full of microtrash. Keep your kids away from it.

https://www.imore.com/ninjala-nintendo-switch-review

Despite having been inspired by children's pretend ninja battles, having a cartoony art style, and employing kiddie weapons, Ninjala might not be the best game for kids. As mentioned before, the battle system is a bit complex and then there's the whole can of worms that is microtransactions.

I know there are several parents out there that specifically chose the Nintendo Switch as their home console because compared to other platforms, there aren't as many Switch games with microtransactions in them. But as with other free-to-play battle royales, this one offers in-game purchases. In fact, the game's story modes are all blocked behind a paywall. So, players will need to spend real-world money in order to check out all of the aspects that the game has to offer. On top of that, there's a gumball machine that players can spend money on in the hopes of getting better weapons, which is basically a loot box situation.

If you haven't already, you can set up Parental Controls to keep kids from making purchases. However, I know many parents would just prefer that the games their kids play don't offer them in the first place.

Its been a hot minute since i've seen the term "predatory microtransactions" outside of mobile and not in a shooter but boy Ninjala has some people pretty confused.

Dude I can name many studios who made their first game on unreal 4 and it is no where near as bad. This is a terrible ass excuse. Epic even has a massive Japanese branch now that helps Japanese developers in using their engine, there really is no excuse. You make it sound like they started using luminous or some other shitty hard to use engine lmao.
    Well they probably had a lot of first time developers too.