Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    How about this crazy thought: we remain skeptical of all accusations regardless of which side the accusation comes from? It seems like people have completely lost the ability to recognize that life is shades of grey and you do not have to go 100% one way or the other. Ruining someone’s life with a false accusation is just as bad as ruining someone’s life with sexual assault. Both stories end in a life ruined. How is one worse than the other. Oh, that’s right, because woman.
    You had me till asking how one is worse than the other? Being abused, sexually assaulted is worse...and how you can't see that is a little inconsiderate (I'd say something else but I'd probably get a infraction)

How can you not see how hard and painful it can be to be raped?

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I do? Numerous times on this forum even.

Eh, their anger is righteous unlike the anger of those who would continue to ignore/revel in injustice.
    you keep doing that untill the shoe is on the other foot for you.

i urge you to watch this video https://youtu.be/rStL7niR7gs?t=292. i started it at the part that is relvant to my point. the moment you stop being usefull is this cultural revolution were are having these SJW's will come after you and not people the people that ignore Injustice.

but back on topic for the rest of you. Swifty has the RIGHT to due process, and ActivisionBlizzard Throwing him under the bus eventho they will turn eye when its being done by a nation with fuckyou money is the anthisatis of hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    In what universe would someone's contribution to a video game warrant them being recognized in a positive manner despite being a convicted sexual abuser??

Answer quickly.
    I mean for a start he is not a Convicted sexual abuser it is just an allergation at the moment

A good comparison would be Michael Jackson , he is still considered and famed for his music regardless of the allergations of child abuse

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    His achievements are separate from his personal life. Similar to putting up a statue of Gandhi, does it get torn down because of racism?
    It absolutely does, if you personal life is harmful/damaging to others you don't deserve to be remembered as a great figure.

The people he helped will still be helped regardless of his statue, but by glorifying them you're subjecting most people who give a cursory glance to a wrong idea about the quality of the person. As we can see by the overwhelmingly positive image people have of Ghandi, despite him being crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    I mean for a start he is not a Convicted sexual abuser it is just an allergation at the moment

A good comparison would be Michael Jackson , he is still considered and famed for his music regardless of the allergations of child abuse

Look at the part of his statement I bolded, the person I quoted was saying that regardless of conviction he should still be remembered for his 'contributions.' I know he's not guilty yet.
    Last edited by Sharby; 2020-06-26 at 05:55 AM.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    You had me till asking how one is worse than the other? Being abused, sexually assaulted is worse...and how you can't see that is a little inconsiderate (I'd say something else but I'd probably get a infraction)

How can you not see how hard and painful it can be to be raped?
    so it is not hard and painful to lose all you have worked for because someone was jaloux of what you got, just did not like you and wanted you down or felt that accusing you then my friends/mine/families/whoevers bussnes got better.
    as that is what you are arguing, now if the accusation is true that is one thing but if it is false then it is just as bad, a ruined life with trust issues to follow, how you got that is no matter.
    now the problem is that an accuser dont really get many negative effects from falsely accusing someone so why not.

and if people say that it is so hard to accuse someone because police dont take it seriously then you should probably push for police reforms instead of anything else as that would help a hell lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Cancel culture is the worst. I hope they get to the bottom of the 'issue' and fix this
    Its not cancel culture its "lets save our multi million dollar company's ass at the cost of a streamer."

Its effective risk management, not cancel culture.

If Swifty didn't do this, they lost Swifty, no big deal. If Swifty did do this and they kept him on, holy shit a P.R. shit storm would ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    They basically threw him under the bus instantly...
    The action of removing everything about swifty from the game is the same as saying "we think he is guilty"

And basically...its done...he is not coming back...even if proven innocent.

I hate companies...
    This kind of shit is going to backfire on blizzard spectacularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Its not cancel culture its "lets save our multi million dollar company's ass at the cost of a streamer."

Its effective risk management, not cancel culture.

If Swifty didn't do this, they lost Swifty, no big deal. If Swifty did do this and they kept him on, holy shit a P.R. shit storm would ensue.
    they stand to lose a lot more than just swifty. once a precedent is set nobody will want to fuck with em for fear of the same shit happening to them. wont be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Just like Bill Cosby?
    jUsT lIkE bIlL cOsBy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    This kind of shit is going to backfire on blizzard spectacularly.

- - - Updated - - -

they stand to lose a lot more than just swifty. once a precedent is set nobody will want to fuck with em for fear of the same shit happening to them. wont be worth it.
    And if no streamer will fuck with them so what? They dont cease to become a multi million dollar company and all they have to do is throw a couple million at someone like Ninja and he'd bite. You think Swifty is going to take WoW's player base? Never gonna happen. Athene started a freaking cult and WoW carries on.

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post

Yeah but Michael Jackson dealt with those the rest of his life and even now 11yrs after his death its still the hot topic, more so then his music..

Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    Cancel culture is the worst. I hope they get to the bottom of the 'issue' and fix this
    Yup. Anyone participating in cancel culture can eat a fat bag of dirty dicks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    And if no streamer will fuck with them so what? They dont cease to become a multi million dollar company and all they have to do is throw a couple million at someone like Ninja and he'd bite. You think Swifty is going to take WoW's player base? Never gonna happen. Athene started a freaking cult and WoW carries on.
    if they don't squelch the cancel culture that's exactly wtf is going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Yup. Anyone participating in cancel culture can eat a fat bag of dirty dicks.

- - - Updated - - -

if they don't squelch the cancel culture that's exactly wtf is going to happen.
    Its cute you think this is the way real life works out. I am not throwing jabs at you but, people wont stop playing this game over 1 streamer, or 5 or 50. The next big thing will come out and all forgotten. Remember "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our time" ? Yea Blizzcon went on without a hitch with a stupid apology from J.A. Brack.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Yeah but Michael Jackson dealt with those the rest of his life and even now 11yrs after his death its still the hot topic, more so then his music..
    Would heavily disagree with that, I heard lostprophets being played in a bar many years ago everyone stopped and booed till it was turned off, must of heard michael Jackson in bars and radio and tv and films a million times but can only think of a couple of times someone has been like I dont agree with this..

Not sure if it has been posted already because i'm not going to go through 10 pages, but i did see this on reddit

Not saying i just blindly believe anything towelliee says. I used to watch him a lot between 2010-2013 and as his channel grew it became clear to me that he's as fake as it gets. With that said, maybe there's more to swifty than meets the eye, and maybe towelliee knows things we don't know.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2020-06-26 at 06:42 AM.

This is a double edged sword. Cancel culture can be incredibly toxic but unfortunately, humans aren't about middle grounds. So when cancel culture isn't pushed, it becomes the other end which is people just calling accusers liars. We need to find a middle ground but to a degree, I'd prefer cancel culture until we find it as opposed to the decades of calling victims liars. Hell, victims are STILL called liars to this day. Just look at Johnny Depp.

They made the best decision to protect their brand.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nobody would bat an eye if they did nothing. Nobody would be outraged because they "didn't remove his npc".
    This is just fucking hilarious.
    yah its hilarious you think people would complain if the accusation proved true and they did nothing, that is just silly, and as for the NPC, just rename it,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    yah its hilarious you think people would complain if the accusation proved true and they did nothing, that is just silly, and as for the NPC, just rename it,lol.
    If accusations would prove to be true then maybe, but until then, there wouldn't be even a topic on this forum if not for blizzard removing that npc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This is a double edged sword. Cancel culture can be incredibly toxic but unfortunately, humans aren't about middle grounds. So when cancel culture isn't pushed, it becomes the other end which is people just calling accusers liars. We need to find a middle ground but to a degree, I'd prefer cancel culture until we find it as opposed to the decades of calling victims liars. Hell, victims are STILL called liars to this day. Just look at Johnny Depp.
    What you mean? Johnny Depp is an example of where cancel culture did wrong, and big time so... Not sure if you mean people are calling Johnny Depp a liar or if you see Amber Heard as a victim who is called a liar.

Also I find it odd that you claim you want a middle ground but then you choose cancel culture... If you make that choice, guess what, you don't go for middle ground. How we achieve middle ground is simply by supporting the middle ground. You don't jump to conclusions and you wait for information, or better yet, let people involved deal with it and don't get involved and just see what happens if you are that interested.

Also, Cancel culture isn't a topic of that it "can be toxic" it IS toxic... because it's all about cancelling people due to allegations.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-06-26 at 08:22 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If you are a male public wow personality then the lesson from all this must be:

Never interact in any way with any female, neither online nor in real life.
    If you do interact with any female, be it online or in real life, make sure that you have undeniable proof that you acted properly (audio at least, video preferably)

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    If you are a male public wow personality then the lesson from all this must be:

Never interact in any way with any female, neither online nor in real life.
    If you do interact with any female, be it online or in real life, make sure that you have undeniable proof that you acted properly (audio at least, video preferably)
    And if you have too because of contacual obligation get it in writing that you only will interact with them in the professional sence for example shoutcasting or hosting, outside of that when they ask you for drinks turn them down and say you rather spend your time alone playing video games.
    Last edited by bowlink; 2020-06-26 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Can't spell or grammar