Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Taliesin?

Gotta wonder when he'll get hit by the bat.
    He is so self righteus its disgusting. Also the way he just condemn his supposed friends.
    If one of my friends described a situation like for example the one with Bay, i'd talk to him. I'd try to understand what the fuck went wrong in his head and i'd try to help him become a better person.

I literally cant stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    He is so self righteus its disgusting. Also the way he just condemn his supposed friends.
    If one of my friends described a situation like for example the one with Bay, i'd talk to him. I'd try to understand what the fuck went wrong in his head and i'd try to help him become a better person.

I literally cant stand him.
    His behavior reeks of skeletons in the closet as it usually does with his type so I'd be surprised if nothing comes out about him at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    I think Blizz acted a little fast on this one but it's probably a better safe than sorry case in their defence.
    Or maybe, just maybe they know more about it then random people on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I'm talking about monetary value. Why would they give a fuck what you think? You gonna give them some extra money because of it?
    Yes. I give more money to companies I (subjectively) value more than others.

Also, you say it like you couldn't understand how something not tangible can cost (or gain you) money. The whole industry of service providers is based on that. That's why all those things I mentioned before can be "converted" to monetary value.

Of course I understand that you can't simply say "invest X on these improvements and you will intermediately see Y increase in revenue". But you can indirectly gain a lot from listening to your customers and giving them an experience and an image of your company that they subjectively value. You can even try to quantify how much the "loyalty" of certain demographic is worth in money. But of course, I don't have the data to base my assertions on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The thing about sexual assault alligations its usually the policy to believe the victim until its proven otherwise

Yeah you see a lot of things in the media about the false reports and people whos lives are ruined because someone either wanted attention or didnt want their parents to find out but....dismissing a real allegation is considered worse than going hard on a fake one

You can and should take every single accusation seriously, then do the work to investigate the allegation.

At the same time, you don't have to fire and remove every single shred of evidence that the accused existed in the mean time.

We live in a country where you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. Sadly, what we're seeing is exactly that; accusations made, people's lives upended, and them being forced to defend themselves when there's no evidence to really defend with.

In cases where there is clear evidence; sure, toss them right under the bus. Fire them, remove them from your games / communities, etc.

At the same time, if an accusation is made, but it's all a "he said / she said" story with absolutely no evidence, sorry but that person doesn't deserve to be thrown under a bus because we just don't know if it's true or not.

Simple: empathy and understanding for the presumed victim and presumption of innocence for the presumed perpetrator.

And an awareness that if the accusation is false, then the perpetrator and victim roles switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    You can and should take every single accusation seriously, then do the work to investigate the allegation.

At the same time, you don't have to fire and remove every single shred of evidence that the accused existed in the mean time.

We live in a country where you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. Sadly, what we're seeing is exactly that; accusations made, people's lives upended, and them being forced to defend themselves when there's no evidence to really defend with.

In cases where there is clear evidence; sure, toss them right under the bus. Fire them, remove them from your games / communities, etc.

At the same time, if an accusation is made, but it's all a "he said / she said" story with absolutely no evidence, sorry but that person doesn't deserve to be thrown under a bus because we just don't know if it's true or not.
    I strongly agree with this.
    We have seen lots of dishonest accusations in the past. Irrational decisions taken in this case can ruin peoples lives and mentality forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    Exactly. He's still "innocent" but removing his in game presence is a smart precaution as saying we stand by sexual assault victims in general.
    It's interesting you don't see smth wrong with this statement.

By removing the ingame tribute to him, they are fostering the idea and environment where the targeted person is guilty, despite nothing being ascertained. How can you make a statement that you stand with such victims when the situation that motivated that stance hasn't been resolved?

This is what I mentioned before, it looks like we have a natural predisposition to side with alleged victims.

If anything, the statement ought to be smth like standing with Justice and we shall await the outcome of the official proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    People love to exaggerate to push the narrative of the 'Cancel Culture' boogeyman when in reality just about every celebrity that has been 'cancelled' hasn't suffered any meaningful losses. Cancel culture doesn't exist, its just being held accountable. I would rather 1,000 false cases be found out than one real victim being ignored because she's 'cancelling' her abuser.

Meanwhile when it comes to actual people having their lives ruined by being falsely convicted because of bigotry in our justice system, not a word, or in some cases, they defend it lol.
    Opinion and attitudes like this is the underlying problem.

Always one ruined life away from achieving your view of a just utopia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

By removing the ingame tribute to him, they are fostering the idea and environment where the targeted person is guilty, despite nothing being ascertained. How can you make a statement that you stand with such victims when the situation that motivated that stance hasn't been resolved?

This is what I mentioned before, it looks like we have a natural predisposition to side with alleged victims.

If anything, the statement ought to be smth like standing with Justice and we shall await the outcome of the official proceedings.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

You're pressed over an in - game appearance? What does his in game appearance grant you? Benefits of any sort? No? oh.

No one is saying he's guilty. This is delusion on your part on thinking it's cancel culture. It's a precaution. Simple.
    Blizzard could always add it back if they chose to. It's their game not his. He's still making money so why continue to invalidate the victims claims.
    Last edited by Elise the Seeker; 2020-06-26 at 06:25 PM.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    We live in a country where you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty,

I don't know what country you think you live in, but in America, you can and will get fired for any reason your employer feels like. In fact, there are many states that have laws where the employer doesn't even need a reason to fire you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no issue with this, due to the sensitive nature of these accusations Blizzard should take out the model, it's but a procedure in case of the worst case scenario. It's got nothignt o do whether you think he's innocent or not, from a business perspective thats not how this works.

The hard reality of this is if Blizzard keeps it in, its a bad business move knowing they ignored the accusations if they were true. Taking it out is a win win, its like pending on an answer/result if you will.

Blizzard can also put it back in 'if' Swifty is found innocent.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-26 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    As bad as cancel culture is, and it is bad, one positive thing might be that actual of offenders might reconsider their actions with innocent people losing their carreers despite not having done anything.
    so damn the innocent smucks because it will help the creeps grow a conscience, ha those creeps will just find new loop holes to exploit but fuck those innocent fucks who lost their job, their house, their family becaus the assholes might have change of heart.

FUCK THAT NOISE

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzard can also put it back in 'if' Swifty is found innocent.
    If they do swifty should say he no longer wants it find some other poor sod to market their game
    Last edited by bowlink; 2020-06-26 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    You're pressed over an in - game appearance? What does his in game appearance grant you? Benefits of any sort? No? oh.

No one is saying he's guilty. This is delusion on your part on thinking it's cancel culture. It's a precaution. Simple.
    Blizzard could always add it back if they chose to. It's their game not his. He's still making money so why continue to invalidate the victims claims.
    You're unable to answer and you redirect your reply to my person?

It's the principle. If you find his in game celebration irrelevant, as it seems to be implied, then it shouldn't matter either way, should it?

But, your previous point is that it does, since you reasoned that the removal is Blizzard's way of saying that they stand with sexual assault victims. Except, what victim? Nothing has been determined yet in this situation.

Like it or not, that constitutes an endorsement of the position that the target is guilty. There's no way around it, especially within the framework that you built there.

It doesn't matter if they add it back. As I've said, it's the principle and - arguably of course - the mistake they made.

The reasonable and just stance to take is to say they'll wait for the outcome of the situation before making any moves or decisions regarding this person. That however, does not constitute lack of support for victims of sexual assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    If they do swifty should say he no longer wants it find some other poor sod to market their game
    I am sure if he's innocent he'd have no issue with it. The accusations are more serious than a model in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am sure if he's innocent he'd have no issue with it. The accusations are more serious than a model in a video game.
    Can we not pretend all is at stake is "a model in a videogame" in a vacuum?

He was thrown under the bus within less than 24 hours from an accusation on twitter.

Or you think Blizzard will keep sending him beta invites? Blizzcon interviews? Special treatment? After this?
    Followed by a "nothing personal kid" quote?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised based on how the world is right now. Most companies care about public opinion and regardless of the outcome, the company doesn't want to be associated with that type of stuff. I think they pulled the trigger too fast, but again, it's not surprising. Also doesn't help that all the employees Swifty had a connection with at blizzard no longer work there.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

He was thrown under the bus within less than 24 hours from an accusation on twitter.

Or you think Blizzard will keep sending him beta invites? Blizzcon interviews? Special treatment? After this?
    if they do then then they're more sleazy than i thought they were. if i was in his shoes and thank fuck im not. if they pulled that shit with me. i would say thanks but no thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you may want to choose a different title.

I think you fail to understand how these things work. You cannot continue to do business with someone with accusations like these hanging over ones head, otherwise the business themselves becomes an enabler of the issue and worse still if the verdict comes back that Swifty is guilty.

Now if he is innocent and given the relation of the innocence then yes, Blizzard would eventually go back to giving him beta invites and all that stuff, might not happen immediately but thats the problem with these sorts of accusations and why businesses need to act upon them. Its not Blizzards fault that these accusations happened and they do not known him well enough to defend him either, or should they.

What you ask instead is to throw the accuser under a bus by ignoring her because she decided to come forward with these accusations? Doing what Blizzard did is the middle ground. You don't turn a blind eye to these things.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-06-26 at 07:09 PM.

A lot of you guys keep repeating that Blizzard is calling im guilty, throwing him under the bus, etc. But as far as I can tell, Blizzard hasn't said a thing about this. Assuming I am not missing a public statement they made, you are wrong on that point. If Blizzard plans to cut ties with this guy, they will make a public comment. Pulling in game stuff as this is developing IS "waiting and seeing".