Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Wow - $22M and they couldn't even get a quarter of the way?

Newsom is a rising star. They are talking about him for VP in 2024/2028. Especially if Biden wins with Abrams/Harris/Demmings on his ticket.
    California is a big state. To get a proposal on the ballot you need professional signature gatherer. They charge by the signature. According to BallotPedia Cost Per Required Signature (CPRS), fancy, in California was $6.20 per signature in 2016. When you submit to the State, the State will have to verify every single signature. They are not going to do that for free. They will charge you on top of the $6.20 per signature. Also, if you need 1M signatures to get on the ballot, you will probably need to submit at least 1.25M signatures. Because on average, 15% of those signatures will be unverifiable.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    California is a big state. To get a proposal on the ballot you need professional signature gatherer. They charge by the signature. According to BallotPedia Cost Per Required Signature (CPRS), fancy, in California was $6.20 per signature in 2016. When you submit to the State, the State will have to verify every single signature. They are not going to do that for free. They will charge you on top of the $6.20 per signature. Also, if you need 1M signatures to get on the ballot, you will probably need to submit at least 1.25M signatures. Because on average, 15% of those signatures will be unverifiable.
    Holy shit. I need to start a new company - sounds like I'm missing out on some big and relatively easy bucks.

But yeah, didn't really know that, and it makes sense it would cost big bucks, given how many sigs it takes and the cost per sig. Thanks for that info. I think I knew that, but didn't really KNOW it - if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Holy shit. I need to start a new company - sounds like I'm missing out on some big and relatively easy bucks.

But yeah, didn't really know that, and it makes sense it would cost big bucks, given how many sigs it takes and the cost per sig. Thanks for that info. I think I knew that, but didn't really KNOW it - if that makes sense.
    Haha. The only reason I know about it was from listening to some conservative radio talk host while driving through Central Valley. He was blasting the attempt to recall Newsom as a waste of time and money, and breaking down the cost step by step to show how stupid the previous two attempts were. I think the previous two attempts ran out of money.

Here comes the third attempt to recall Gavin Newsom. The last two could not get the required 1,495,709 (I think this is based on 12% of the number of voters that voted in 2018) confirmed signatures to get on the ballot. The best of the last two attempts only managed to get 282,000 after spending a cumulative total of around $22M gathering signatures.

Even the most conservative radio talk show hosts in CA think that this is a monumental waste of money. Especially considering Newsom popularity. Even in the reddest part of the state his popularity is well above 50%.

Something something duly elected something something attempted coup.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    MoveOn.org membership voted to endorse Joe Biden just now.

A reversal from 2016 when they withheld their endorsement for the general election.

Hopefully other leftier-than-thou groups learn that; withholding your vote and non-participating, just weakens your position in large and diverse electorates.
    Well as I'm seeing things, democratic primaries are being won by the moderates, not the overblown Left.
    And today, I'm finding that far agreeable.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well as I'm seeing things, democratic primaries are being won by the moderates, not the overblown Left.
    And today, I'm finding that far agreeable.
    I think that's who we want this election cycle. Whatever it takes to win the White House (moderates on the House/Senate tickets help the up ticket, to a certain extent) and flip the Senate. The Dems having full control of the government come Jan 2021 would dramatically help the healing process for the country.

Why does Biden need a list of reporters to call on during a press conference? Are they afraid he won't be able to answer real questions?

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Why does Biden need a list of reporters to call on during a press conference? Are they afraid he won't be able to answer real questions?

A list of names of reporters in attendance, yes, because it's unlikely that he'd know every single one by face.

https://apnews.com/820cc86afebcb8f4bfe17be626c77551

Spoilers: This is another bad attempt to go after him because Trump spectacularly failed to answer a softball question about his priorities for a second term not once, but twice.

because this isn't the white house, you don't have the same 6-10 reporters for 4 years asking you questions.

Do you know who Alex from AP is?

shocked you did not claim he had a teleprompter implanted into his eye or something at this point

- - - Updated - - -

maybe after the 5th or 6th time, trump should carry around a list of bible verses so he remembers at least one of them from "his favorite book"....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    because this isn't the white house, you don't have the same 6-10 reporters for 4 years asking you questions.

Do you know who Alex from AP is?

shocked you did not claim he had a teleprompter implanted into his eye or something at this point

- - - Updated - - -

maybe after the 5th or 6th time, trump should carry around a list of bible verses so he remembers at least one of them from "his favorite book"....
    are you saying biden can't handle questions he wasn't told about ahead of time? He has to rely on planted press people?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

are you saying biden can't handle questions he wasn't told about ahead of time?
    No, that would actually be Trump - https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...estions-2019-3

He has to rely on planted press people?
    Do you know the names of every member of the press by their face alone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, relying on planted press people sounds awfully lot like Trump and OANN.

You know, blame the others for doing what are already doing ourselves.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-07-02 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Also, relying on planted press people sounds awfully lot like Trump and OANN.
    It would have been really awkward if he had a powerpoint ready and prepared for a totally not-planted question from a member of the press.

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/st...26351175680000

Even the most conservative radio talk show hosts in CA think that this is a monumental waste of money. Especially considering Newsom popularity. Even in the reddest part of the state his popularity is well above 50%.
    Sounds like the best idea I've seen out of the GOP for a while. Waste their donors money on useless bullshit instead of getting more GOP elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

No, that would actually be Trump - https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-...estions-2019-3

He doesn't have to know names to answer questions.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Maybe he wants to learn their names.

How should he call on them?

"You, white guy with the suite and glasses."

"You, hispanic lady with the green top and an iPad."

Is having the names of the journalists in attendance in front of him so he can pick a few and call on them by name a bad thing?

Is this like the "Teleprompters are for dummies!" comments that Trump made before he started regularly using teleprompters for prepared remarks? Because that's what it sounds like. "Being prepared is for idiots!"

How should he call on them?

"You, white guy with the suite and glasses."

"You, hispanic lady with the green top and an iPad."

Is having the names of the journalists in attendance in front of him so he can pick a few and call on them by name a bad thing?

Is this like the "Teleprompters are for dummies!" comments that Trump made before he started regularly using teleprompters for prepared remarks? Because that's what it sounds like. "Being prepared is for idiots!"
    Why do you have to bring race into this?
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-07-18 at 01:34 AM.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    No, it's because I literally don't understand his posts or what he's asking.

I know what you were asking for, but we've had this discussion before, I don't keep an archive or spreadsheet of everything I read or screenshotted one time...
    Well, I mean, you claim it's from the last few days discussing why CTH was banned.......so it should be pretty easy to find, huh? Pretty recent screenshot?

man you don't understand how it works huh?

They get the names of the main press who have open questions so that they are not just randomly picking people and making it an unorganized mess.

its also political, they give some press the first few questions based on their customer touching #'s.
    why pick on someone with 1000 readers when you can go with the AP first who will distribute the story to ten million outlets?

this is how they have worked for decades, its press managment 101

but i guess when in doubt, throw in a conspiracy or two instead....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!