Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I question why you would even be living in a country if you hate it and its history so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    God damn it, how should I have known it was a foibe memorial?? You didn't explain what that picture was about. Just a defaced memorial, that's it, no context, nothing.

No, you did not. Maybe don't use words that don't fit the thing you're trying to say? See, if you say someone is an oligarch and they don't fit the definition of an oligarch it's not the fault of the dictionary.

Sticking to definitions is a hallmark of the unknowledgeable because the knowledgeable just use words that don't actually describe what they're trying to say. Uhu, yeah, makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, you did, for no reason, well done. Now the not simple answer, pretty please?
    I had just mentioned the defacement of a foibe massacre memorial, in the very same post I posted that picture of a memorial defaced with a hammer and sickle. A truly obscure and esoteric lack of context... or perhaps it's your deductive abilities that are severely lacking.

It's funny how you cling to dictionaries definitions and reject concise, almost dictionary-style answers such as Machismo's, by the way. As to your inferiority complex regarding the use of words whose meaning eludes you or you've never even heard, that's none of my problem. Fix it with search engines and books if you will, or don't, it doesn't affect me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Phon View Post
    I question why you would even be living in a country if you hate it and its history so much.
    Because you can accept your country can have a shitty history? Not all of us are hardcore nationalists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    I had just mentioned the defacement of a foibe massacre memorial, in the very same post I posted that picture of a memorial defaced with a hammer and sickle. A truly obscure and esoteric lack of context... or perhaps it's your deductive abilities that are severely lacking.
    That was an answer to another person. Do you usually quote people and post an answer to a different person at the same time? Because if that is your modus operandi then I'll keep that in mind in the future.

It's funny how you cling to dictionaries definitions and reject concise, almost dictionary-style answers such as Machismo's, by the way.
    I reject Machismos answer because it doesn't add up with posts he made in the past, hence why I asked for a more specific answer.

As to your inferiority complex regarding the use of words whose meaning eludes you or you've never even heard, that's none of my problem. Fix it with search engines and books if you will, or don't, it doesn't affect me.
    Wait, I thought the meaning of words does not depend on definitions, why should I google them now? I'll just go by your example and use them wrong, because after all, that's what knowledgable people do, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

That was an answer to another person. Do you usually quote people and post an answer to a different person at the same time? Because if that is your modus operandi then I'll keep that in mind in the future.

I reject Machismos answer because it doesn't add up with posts he made in the past, hence why I asked for a more specific answer.

Wait, I thought the meaning of words does not depend on definitions, why should I google them now? I'll just go by your example and use them wrong, because after all, that's what knowledgable people do, right?
    If I can add something relevant, yes. If you're unable to make a simple connection, that's not my problem. If you look up "foiba" in a dictionary, you'll obtain "sinkhole", because that's what it literally means. However when one uses the plural terms always refers to the foibe massacres, which is why some googling or history books would help more than a dictionary. It boggles my mind I have to state such obvious things. And what's even more bewildering is the fact that I bothered to do so.
    Oh, and I'll also have to keep in mind that you post stuff relating to things a user "posted in the past" - which is quite different from answering to two people in the same post, but hey.
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I wonder if they will force the Democratic party change it's name.
    Considering its association with the pro-slavery "southern democrats" it's a matter of tome before that idiocy gets currency.

Amazing how both sides can finally agree on being anti-intellectual.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I can add something relevant, yes. If you're unable to make a simple connection, that's not my problem. If you look up "foiba" in a dictionary, you'll obtain "sinkhole", because that's what it literally means. However when one uses the plural terms always refers to the foibe massacres, which is why some googling or history books would help more than a dictionary. It boggles my mind I have to state such obvious things. And what's even more bewildering is the fact that I bothered to do so.
    Again, that was in an answer to another person, why should I make a connection between the two? At least drop a hint or something.

Oh, and I'll also have to keep in mind that you post stuff relating to things a user "posted in the past" - which is quite different from answering to two people in the same post, but hey.
    I am pretty sure that most people remember their own posts, so yeah, no idea what you're on about here.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Again, that was in an answer to another person, why should I make a connection between the two? At least drop a hint or something.
    But there were plenty of hints, as I have already pointed out. If they went over your head, that's most certainly not on me.

I am pretty sure that most people remember their own posts, so yeah, no idea what you're on about here.
    I remember my posts, unless it's a Friday evening. I don't remember Machismo's. I don't stalk him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phon View Post
    Because we are not our country's history and it is pretty pathetic to tie so much of your identity to something you had no part in?

And you shouldn't have to lie about something or make excuses for something to love it?

You spend so much of your life hearing about how great you are because of all the great things your country accomplished that you had nothing to do with, only to find out that Santa and the Tooth Fairy arent the only things you were lied to about. I get the resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I wonder if they will force the Democratic party change it's name.
    Dems should've changed their name back in 1968 when all the racist Dixiecrats left for the loving embrace of the Republicans.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember my posts, unless it's a Friday evening. I don't remember Machismo's. I don't stalk him.
    Ok, how is that related? I didn't ask you to comment on Machismos or my post. Why should I explain a post to people that I currently don't talk to? See, that is why you should ignore posts that aren't directed at you or at least ask questions about it instead of assuming something that's not there.

But I get it, you thought "uuh that's a cheap gotcha, nice" and it blew up in your face.

Ok, how is that related? I didn't ask you to comment on Machismos or my post. Why should I explain a post to people that I currently don't talk to? See, that is why you should ignore posts that aren't directed at you or at least ask questions about it instead of assuming something that's not there.

But I get it, you thought "uuh that's a cheap gotcha, nice" and it blew up in your face.
    Seems like the concept of "public forum" eludes you. I'm free to comment on others' posts, you're free to ignore me - or to try and go after me, only to backpedal and whine about not having to answer to people you're currently not talking to because you're unable to provide an answer, and all the while displaying the inability to connect Tito and the foibe massacres, which is not unlike like being unable to connect Hitler and the Holocaust.

such a wedge cultural issues,basically the only thing, GOP has at thispoint
    since they cant run on their amazing coronavirus response, they cant run on their amazing economy
    all they have left is...this
    Do i agree with angry rioters tearing down property? no
    Do i think i should elect the russian asset to "own" them - also no

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the concept of "public forum" eludes you. I'm free to comment on others' posts, you're free to ignore me - or to try and go after me, only to backpedal and whine about not having to answer to people you're currently not talking to because you're unable to provide an answer, and all the while displaying the inability to connect Tito and the foibe massacres, which is not unlike like being unable to connect Hitler and the Holocaust.
    So, I've finally given in to your stubbornness and read about those massacres. Looks like no one is on the good side of this. It started with forceful Italianization of the regions when Italian fascists were at the helm and ended with the foibe massacres when Tito made his move. I don't quite get why you have streets named after Tito in Italy, like who thought that was a good idea?

You are of course free to comment, I never said anything to the contrary, just as I am free to treat your attempted trolling as what it is. I don't understand the "unable to provide an answer" part, that one makes no sense. Tito, was literally Hitler and the foibe was like the holocaust, you heard it here first folks.

So, I've finally given in to your stubbornness and read about those massacres. Looks like no one is on the good side of this. It started with forceful Italianization of the regions when Italian fascists were at the helm and ended with the foibe massacres when Tito made his move. I don't quite get why you have streets named after Tito in Italy, like who thought that was a good idea?
    So getting marginally informed about a significant historical fact is "giving in to my stubbornness"? You're welcome. Also, understand that the people who were moved there and then slaughtered (children included) were innocents who had nothing to do with the fascists' delusions of grandeur and expansionism.
    As to the underlined part, who do you think? The same one who wanted streets named after Lenin, Stalin, the Soviet Union (sic) and the like perhaps? Read: communists?

You are of course free to comment, I never said anything to the contrary, just as I am free to treat your attempted trolling as what it is. I don't understand the "unable to provide an answer" part, that one makes no sense. Tito, was literally Hitler and the foibe was like the holocaust, you heard it here first folks.
    I'm not trolling anyone, so cease your slanderous claims, if you would. Your twisting my words that way on the other hand is trolling. I've never said that Tito was literally Hitler (though they were on the same moral level), nor that the foibe massacres were literally the Holocaust (though they only differed in numbers and in that there was no systematic destruction of one's humanity, simply because they had no time for that - nonetheless, it was a genocide). What I have stated is that you were unable to make a connection between Tito and his crimes, which is not unlike being unable to make a connection to Hitler and his crimes. It's quite different from what you clumsily tried to put in my mouth.

15+ Year Old Account
    So getting marginally informed about a significant historical fact is "giving in to my stubbornness"? You're welcome. Also, understand that the people who were moved there and then slaughtered (children included) were innocents who had nothing to do with the fascists' delusions of grandeur and expansionism.
    As to the underlined part, who do you think? The same one who wanted streets named after Lenin, Stalin, the Soviet Union (sic) and the like perhaps? Read: communists?
    Hu, reading about the communist party in Italy, it doesn't strike me as them being very fond of Lenin, Stalin or the Soviet Union approach to things. Though that doesn't stop one from naming streets after "important people". So, after everything we now know about those Russian communist leaders, get rid of their names. What's the problem?

I'm not trolling anyone, so cease your slanderous claims, if you would. Your twisting my words that way on the other hand is trolling. I've never said that Tito was literally Hitler (though they were on the same moral level), nor that the foibe massacres were literally the Holocaust (though they only differed in numbers and in that there was no systematic destruction of one's humanity, simply because they had no time for that - nonetheless, it was a genocide). What I have stated is that you were unable to make a connection between Tito and his crimes, which is not unlike being unable to make a connection to Hitler and his crimes. It's quite different from what you clumsily tried to put in my mouth.
    The trolling part was about my posts with machismo when you tried to score some internet points, remember?

How should I be able to make a connection between Tito and his crimes if I don't know about his crimes? I am sorry that this is such a big thing in Italy, but it is not even anywhere near common knowledge a few hundred kilometers north. You putting it on the same level as Hitler and the holocaust is just off by a few levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just thought of something. Why don’t we get this sort of reaction for natural wonders being destroyed?

Why are people bitching about statues, on the opposite side of conservationists and environmentalist? Does the Bight or the great reef teach any history?

Trump Opens National Monument Land to Energy Exploration
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/c...-monument.html

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/...stone-mountain

Before 1800, Native Americans used the mountain as a meeting and ceremonial place.
    Inspired by D. W. Griffith's silent film Birth of a Nation (which romanticized the earlier heyday of the Klan), William Simmons, a minister and organizer for fraternal associations, planned induction ceremonies to take place a week before the movie's opening in Atlanta. The ceremonies were intended to arouse the KKK from its forty-year dormancy in Georgia. Simmons secured an official charter from the state of Georgia, and on Thanksgiving evening of 1915, he and sixteen other members of the new KKK ignited a flaming cross atop Stone Mountain. The second Klan went on to attract about 5 million supporters by the early 1920s.
    Plane originally wanted Borglum to create a memorial featuring Robert E. Lee leading Confederate troops and KKK members across the mountain's summit, but the final memorial did not include KKK members. World War I (1917-18) delayed the project until 1923. Then, in 1925, with only the head of Lee carved, a growing rift between the sculptor and the SMCMA over artistic control ended with the association firing Borglum, thereby halting construction. With the Great Depression of the 1930s, the Confederate memorial remained unfinished. In 1941 Governor Eugene Talmadge formed the Stone Mountain Memorial Association (SMMA) to continue work on the memorial, but the project was delayed once again by the U.S. entry into World War II (1941-45).
    The state and SMMA agreed to carve the images of Confederate icons Robert E. Lee, Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, and Jefferson Davis on the mountain and to construct a plaza at its base. In 1970 planners dedicated the memorial, and an estimated 10,000 visitors came to witness its unveiling. In 1998 the SMMA signed on to a public-private partnership with Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation (HFEC). HFEC manages all the commercial operations in the park, and the SMMA manages HFEC's lease, maintains public areas, and provides for public safety
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I just thought of something. Why don’t we get this sort of reaction for natural wonders being destroyed? Why are people bitching about statues, on the opposite side of conservationists and environmentalist?
    Must be because those people are humanists, not environmentalists?

Me personally, I'd like to keep Australian Bight intact, too. But apparently those pesky Australians need oil stored there to sustain themselves instead of all that coal they sell to China

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Must be because those people are humanists, not environmentalists?
    What? What is humans? The statues? lol

Me personally, I'd like to keep Australian Bight intact, too. But apparently those pesky Australians need oil stored there to sustain themselves instead of all that coal they sell to China
    No, they literally don’t. They have enough oil to sustain them selfs...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

So another example of insanity - Copenhagen’s Little Mermaid statue branded ‘racist fish’. The poor girl can't get a rest, with two decapitations and all that.
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/03/copenh...d-racist-fish/

Might be just a provocation, might be actually done by anti-racist/anti-slavery groups. Gotta see what police will find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.