Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Ten years. For such stale characterization, it's staggering, yet their more interesting characters like Garrosh or Thrall, are put on the chopping block.

Of course the new generation will end up being written as poorly by the current writing team that would face the same limitations having to write for an MMO based around a war of two factions where neither faction can ever win (just saying that makes me want to tear my hair out, further emphasizing how creatively-stifling faction war stories can be), but at least I could see some fresh faces in-game I don't already instantly hate from being narratively over-exposed to me for over 10 years.
    I'm iffy about a new generation for this exact reason, but the dwarves and orcs are a special case. The latter because their roster is down to Eitrigg and Thrall after repeated pruning and because with the Mag'har about you have all the material for a robust bench if you want a new generation of characters. The former because they don't do anything and they're all so boring. Moira can at least theoretically be interesting, but Muradin shouldn't even be alive and I forgot Falstad was a thing until writing this post despite having run through the Alliance war campaign recently again for the horse.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'm iffy about a new generation for this exact reason, but the dwarves and orcs are a special case. The latter because their roster is down to Eitrigg and Thrall after repeated pruning and because with the Mag'har about you have all the material for a robust bench if you want a new generation of characters. The former because they don't do anything and they're all so boring. Moira can at least theoretically be interesting, but Muradin shouldn't even be alive and I forgot Falstad was a thing until writing this post despite having run through the Alliance war campaign recently again for the horse.
    We already got a good new flow of characters with the cast from the Zandalari. We don't need Mag'har for that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    We already got a good new flow of characters with the cast from the Zandalari. We don't need Mag'har for that anymore.
    Entirely different types and niches of characters. Orcs are the core race of the Horde and the Mag'har bring in all the clan lore from Draenor to use. The Zandalari have a fair helping of characters, but they exist in their own ecosystem.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Entirely different types and niches of characters. Orcs are the core race of the Horde and the Mag'har bring in all the clan lore from Draenor to use. The Zandalari have a fair helping of characters, but they exist in their own ecosystem.
    Orcs aren't the core race without Metzen's orc boner, whatever the spreadsheets say will engage the audience is. Welcome to BElf Hell, you only had to listen to Garithos.

The clan lore existed before Danuser and pals, therefore it "constrains" them. Expect it to be tossed out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    We both know that if the dwarves ran the show again, these cosmic threats would be over in time for last call at the pub.

edit: @Hellspawn The pandaren would also fit either in 'go with the flow' or 'peace advocates,' depending on the specific pandaren.
    The Pandaren, in my view, should go to the Alliance while the Horde should be getting the Mogu as a replacement for Horde Pandaren.

It's already pretty weird for them to be allies of the Zandalari, even though they are from the wandering isle.

Besides, the description of the Mogu fits perfectly with the Horde: "The mogu are powerful, magical titan-forged who live in Pandaria. Proud, hateful, and powerful both physically and magically, the mogu are the foremost enemies of the pandaren."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The Pandaren, in my view, should go to the Alliance while the Horde should be getting the Mogu as a replacement for Horde Pandaren.

It's already pretty weird for them to be allies of the Zandalari, even though they are from the wandering isle.

Besides, the description of the Mogu fits perfectly with the Horde: "The mogu are powerful, magical titan-forged who live in Pandaria. Proud, hateful, and powerful both physically and magically, the mogu are the foremost enemies of the pandaren."
    The Mogu? In the Horde? Nope.

You can make the same argument with Elfs and Trolls or Orcs and Elfs. Zandalari also used Goblin slaves in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Orcs aren't the core race without Metzen's orc boner, whatever the spreadsheets say will engage the audience is. Welcome to BElf Hell, you only had to listen to Garithos.

The clan lore existed before Danuser and pals, therefore it "constrains" them. Expect it to be tossed out the window.
    We torched the wrong elves and will live to regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Eh, the Horde wasn't 'evil' in much of Vanilla-Tbc-Wotlk, I do agree they've muddled the faction themes a bit too much though.
    The Horde is becoming more neutral and good it seems and Tyrande the big devil

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to the next generation so much, Dagran II, Thrall's children, and any other heirs Blizzard might conjure up out of thin air just because I've been reading about Tyrande, Malfurion, Sylvanas, the Bronzebeards, Anduin, and Lor'themar Theron, SO. LONG. They are so far up my nose, I've been feeling their boots on my chin for a good 10 years of lore now.

Ten years. For such stale characterization, it's staggering, yet their more interesting characters like Garrosh or Thrall, are put on the chopping block.

Of course the new generation will end up being written as poorly by the current writing team that would face the same limitations having to write for an MMO based around a war of two factions where neither faction can ever win (just saying that makes me want to tear my hair out, further emphasizing how creatively-stifling faction war stories can be), but at least I could see some fresh faces in-game I don't already instantly hate from being narratively over-exposed to me for over 10 years.
    The new generation will all be little Anduin clones, it's all the current batch of writers can do, or wants to do, aside from the caricature of villain they turned Sylvanas into. If there is ever a non-Anduin, he/she will be promptly made to be Reasonable™, else he/she will be C0NsUmEd bY vEnGEanCe and cast aside.

It is really creepy, it reminds me of that Halloween episode from The Simpsons when Flanders was the world ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    meh. Alterac Humans for the Horde
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    The Horde is becoming more neutral and good it seems and Tyrande the big devil
    Just wait until the expansion after SL, where they turn the whole Horde council evil when they need a villain for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Just wait until the expansion after SL, where they turn the whole Horde council evil when they need a villain for the Alliance.
    It doesn't matter, at this point the Alliance would be justified no matter what they did to the Horde.

The Horde's attempted genocide/world conquest...

1. First war/Second War

2. When Garrosh took power

3. When Sylv took power

And that's not even counting *The Iron Horde* or *The Dark Horde* Or *The Fel Horde*, because at this point why anyone puts up with the Orcs or Forsaken is mind boggling.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    It doesn't matter, at this point the Alliance would be justified no matter what they did to the Horde.

The Horde's attempted genocide/world conquest...

1. First war/Second War

2. When Garrosh took power

3. When Sylv took power

And that's not even counting *The Iron Horde* or *The Dark Horde* Or *The Fel Horde*, because at this point why anyone puts up with the Orcs or Forsaken is mind boggling.
    That's part of the problem. But the Alliance can NEVER act first, only react, so they'll need to the Horde to start something for the Alliance to react to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    meh. Alterac Humans for the Horde
    I have to agree with you, as they were allies of the Horde during the Second War. Moreover, their treacherous characteristics fit well with the Horde, much like the Goblins.

They could use the Thin Kultiran Human model, which already has up-to-date animations and textures. they just lack a few more customization options and a female model.

3+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with you, as they were allies of the Horde during the Second War. Moreover, their treacherous characteristics fit well with the Horde, much like the Goblins.
    if you haven't yet, see my thread in my signature
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Core horde is tauren, trolls and orcs. All have shamanistic traditions, live in mudhuts and have big molars, except that the tauren have their tusks on their heads for some reason, how odd.

The void elves aesthetically don't fit either faction. They are the most unique-looking race in the game. Don't categorize them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The void elves aesthetically don't fit either faction. They are the most unique-looking race in the game. Don't categorize them.
    They are basic high elves now, and you will rarely see any of their old skins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They are the most unique-looking race in the game. Don't categorize them.
    They are literally just blood elves but in purple.

Formerly known as Arafal