Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Don't have one. I can't be assed to sit and watch someone regularly.
    I've played dozens and dozens of Preach videos but I've never watched any of them. Just have them going in the background like it's the radio gg
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

She’s boring and I find her fight guides lacking, as well as her general happiness and bubbliness. Most WoW YTers are unwatchable but best one by far is Pilav

I really like Hazelnutty's raid boss guides. They're short and to the point (which I like), she puts effort into making animations that clarify the mechanics/strategies and she has a particular style of humour that makes the guides entertaining to watch.

There's also occasionally some neat tips that helps with remembering strategies such as in her Hivemind guide where she describes Tekris as the 'Tetris' boss meaning they have to be stacked together:

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I've played dozens and dozens of Preach videos but I've never watched any of them. Just have them going in the background like it's the radio gg
    Don't even do that. It's like making eye contact with someone when talking to them. If I'm not making eye contact I'm probably not paying attention and not hearing what you are saying. I need to be watching a video to really hear it. Probably because I'm usually playing a game so my attention is on playing not listening to a talking head.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Don't even do that. It's like making eye contact with someone when talking to them. If I'm not making eye contact I'm probably not paying attention and not hearing what you are saying. I need to be watching a video to really hear it. Probably because I'm usually playing a game so my attention is on playing not listening to a talking head.
    Don't get into Preach then, a lot of his videos are just him talking with some random footage unrelated to what he's saying playing lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I really love Taliesin and Evitel, particularly their cinematic breakdowns. Blizzard put a ton of love and excruciating detail into them.

(and yeah Hazelnutty is great too, I'm always watching those for the smaller tidbits about patch content I might've missed)
    Gives u a false impression, his stream is toxic af...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    And this is why the quality of animation/cartoons has gone downhill. What in the actual hell is that? lol.
    Animation quality has gone up, you are thinking of art quality.

Although to be fair, My dad used to think Ren and Stimpy and Bevis and Butthead was an ugly drawn cartoon when I was a kid so maybe we're just getting old and grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    This is my stance. But whatever, I guess its just how some people are. Some can think more for themselves while others prefer to watch others play games and think for them. I look at it as just another personality type.
    Or, just bear with me here, some people can watch an informative video and then come up with their own opinion based on the information provided.

But nah, that can't be it. Clearly you are a rare free thinker and everyone who dares watch a youtube video can't think for themselves.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Who? Oh and i don't have a favorite youtuber. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    Or, just bear with me here, some people can watch an informative video and then come up with their own opinion based on the information provided.

But nah, that can't be it. Clearly you are a rare free thinker and everyone who dares watch a youtube video can't think for themselves.

If those types exist, they must be very uncommon. Far too often, I read people saying "well, it is according to... *insert streamer name here*" as if their opinion is reference quality or something.

Nothing wrong with watching youtube videos, plenty of good ones out there but those people who sit in front of a webcam, playing video games (most of whom are not even good at them), seem like there is something really wrong with them (I've heard some say they act this way because its supposed to be funny or something... I guess...?) and people actually refer to some of these people as "celebrities" (lmao!), we're definitely in trouble. Then again, it really doesn't surprise me in this generation with people who like them. We have all kinds of other odd things this generation... getting offended by random things, people wanting to identify as things they're not, pushes so you can marry your pet (wtf?). Hey, I'm not saying I'm perfect, I wear Crocs on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    He does say a lot of the same things as every other WoW youtuber.
    He does that because he only plays WoW for like 1-2 months after a Patch release, then drops it.
    It's his choice to not play the game, but then in order to get a remotely educated opinion, he relies on other people (other Content creators in this case) to give him an indepth view on things that are out of reach as player or because he no longer plays the game at this point.

He straight up says that he just takes Preach by his word as far as Raids are concerned.

As a player, that's fine, as a content creator and person who also criticizes the game, maybe less so.
    He's not wrong on certain criticism, but as a critic, it absolutely hurts your case if you only play the game on occassion and then simply copy & paste the opinion from others.

I lost a lot of respect for Bellular on the basis that while on certain strokes he's right, on other cases it becomes obvious that he just takes an opinion that seems "popular" within the community and present it as video, especially considering he continues to criticize a game that he only plays for a few weeks every few months.

Remember how he went "we all want Classic" before Classic launch?
    How many videos has he made on Classic since the post launch phase? He only scratches a few things that bubble to the surface, which imply that he no longer plays or even really cares about Classic.

The guy mocked J. Allen Brack for saying "You think you do, but you don't", but that statement is probably not that far from the truth in the case of Bellular.
    I could be wrong on that, but if a WoW Content creator, who shats out a video on almost anything happening in WoW hasn't made a single on Classic since the post Launch phase, they most likely lost interest in it.

It's fine for him not to care about Classic, but his "yay, Classic!" stance in the months leading up to Classic make him look like a hypocrite.

And while his "distance" to Blizzard can be applauded, the fact that he virtually needs the income from YT in order to keep his company running, means that he constantly has to shit out a video just for the sake of profit - not because he wants to do them.

While this may be true for every content creator, not every content creator has on top of their regular team to keep the channel running, also a team that develops a freaking video game.

If those types exist, they must be very uncommon. Far too often, I read people saying "well, it is according to... *insert streamer name here*" as if their opinion is reference quality or something.

Nothing wrong with watching youtube videos, plenty of good ones out there but those people who sit in front of a webcam, playing video games (most of whom are not even good at them), seem like there is something really wrong with them (I've heard some say they act this way because its supposed to be funny or something... I guess...?) and people actually refer to some of these people as "celebrities" (lmao!), we're definitely in trouble. Then again, it really doesn't surprise me in this generation with people who like them. We have all kinds of other odd things this generation... getting offended by random things, people wanting to identify as things they're not, pushes so you can marry your pet (wtf?). Hey, I'm not saying I'm perfect, I wear Crocs on occasion.
    I do think there's a difference between the cultures around streamers and content creators on youtube.

I've never personally gotten into the streaming side of things, so I don't really "get" the culture that surrounds streamers. Just end up seeing the aftermath of some of the drama on gaming news sites or videos after the fact. Streams aren't my thing, I prefer youtube for my content, so I guess I'm old school that way (or just old).

Some youtubers do have the kind of culture surrounding them that you are referring to, but I don't know if I agree they are the norm. Tho I will admit every wow youtuber has elements of that in their fanbase, I think most are willing to see both sides or disagree with said youtubers.

For me, it's the reason I watch content from a veriety of creators. I prefer a look from many angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    I do think there's a difference between the cultures around streamers and content creators on youtube.

I've never personally gotten into the streaming side of things, so I don't really "get" the culture that surrounds streamers. Just end up seeing the aftermath of some of the drama on gaming news sites or videos after the fact. Streams aren't my thing, I prefer youtube for my content, so I guess I'm old school that way (or just old).

Some youtubers do have the kind of culture surrounding them that you are referring to, but I don't know if I agree they are the norm. Tho I will admit every wow youtuber has elements of that in their fanbase, I think most are willing to see both sides or disagree with said youtubers.

For me, it's the reason I watch content from a veriety of creators. I prefer a look from many angles.

And I'm with you on that one. I watch Youtube videos all the time. There are a couple content creators I watch because they just give news and state facts or have scientific evidence to support what they say (for one that I watch). What I do not watch are the streamers. I tried... I really did but just can't comprehend the point.

Good example, my younger son. He was 13 at the time. He was in his room watching a streamer and said "watch this guy!" So I stand behind his chair watching. After a minute, I asked "is he about to do something?" He said "No, just watch". I watched for a couple more minutes and said "What am I waiting for? What's about to happen?" He said "Nothing, you just watch him." And it was just some pleb gamer begging for donations and semi-raging at people for killing him. Saying something about "killing streamers is a bannable offense." I was like "wtf?"

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Ah yes I forgot to mention Madseason. He is probably my favourite content creator. Made me fall in love with Vanilla and Classic all over again. Yet another content creator with an incredible knowledge base
    I just love his voice, it's so damn calm.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

I really love Taliesin and Evitel, particularly their cinematic breakdowns. Blizzard put a ton of love and excruciating detail into them.

(and yeah Hazelnutty is great too, I'm always watching those for the smaller tidbits about patch content I might've missed)
    I like that they aren't mindlessly complaining like some people do.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

And I'm with you on that one. I watch Youtube videos all the time. There are a couple content creators I watch because they just give news and state facts or have scientific evidence to support what they say (for one that I watch). What I do not watch are the streamers. I tried... I really did but just can't comprehend the point.

Good example, my younger son. He was 13 at the time. He was in his room watching a streamer and said "watch this guy!" So I stand behind his chair watching. After a minute, I asked "is he about to do something?" He said "No, just watch". I watched for a couple more minutes and said "What am I waiting for? What's about to happen?" He said "Nothing, you just watch him." And it was just some pleb gamer begging for donations and semi-raging at people for killing him. Saying something about "killing streamers is a bannable offense." I was like "wtf?"
    I've tried full vods from streams, as even if I wanted to watch streamers most of them stream while I'm at work, and I aways find I get bored of the constant dead air and meaningless time on air spent doing literally nothing. Even if there's something in the live stream that might be of interest to me, I'm not interested in sitting or trying to search through an hour and a half or more of meaningless content to get to the two minutes they spend talking about something interesting.

I think this might be a generational thing. The only streamers that might even be of interest to me are also youtubers like preach, and if it's worth watching its likely gonna be clipped into a video at the very least.

Man this discussion is making me feel old lol

They are not bad, but they have a really bad habit of putting spoilers in their titles.

5+ Year Old Account
    watching KUNGEN atm on twitch, dunno where Asmongold has been the last two days...his xmog contests is the sheit

https://www.twitch.tv/kungentv
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-07-07 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I like that they aren't mindlessly complaining like some people do.
    It's ironic because i stopped watching them precisely because they were complaining but it wasnt about Blizzard. With that being said nowadays people treat complaints like they are a bad thing when they aren't. That's how your product gets better. You read the complaints, absorb them, and make changes to address them. Ignoring them just takes you down the path to irrelevancy, only so much someone can take before they just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    he constantly has to shit out a video just for the sake of profit
    That's a pretty harsh view, but I can understand why you'd think that. Anyway, it just reinforces what I said earlier about getting your info about WoW from multiple channels. That way you aren't stuck with only one, arguably biased or watered down, source.

As for "shit out a video", I don't think that's fair. Say what you want, at least Bel has decent production quality. If you want an example of shitting out videos, then I'd say go to someone like Heelvsbabyface. Occasionally funny, but usually just trash vids.