Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    We're past #nochanges now. The community is more about maintaining the spirit of the game, and the intended gameplay of vanilla.
    The spirit of the game and the intended gameplay of vanilla, where you pay horde priests to mind control your faction NPCs so you can kill them and exploit more world buffs than intended while being summoned to booty bay, dire maul and felwood by warlock alts to load up on buffs that give you twice the benefit of full Naxxramas gear so you can clear raids in 20 minutes.

While horde priests try to resurrect and dispel your buffs before you zone in.

Yes that sounds like the intended gameplay of vanilla to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    1.12 AV, isnt original AV lol

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No wonder Classic numbers are way down.
    Interesting new bit of information. Can you please share your data on Classic numbers, backing it up with a credible source? Thank you so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV is my fav bg, but the people on alliance that plays that bg has no intrest to win, havent done a game since i got exalted

Avid Classic player that wanted the Vanilla experience here.

I was never a purist, so these fixes aren't a bad thing at all, to me. Even as a semi-casual Rank 8 PvPer (just for reps and stuff) these changes don't bother me one bit. I understand the purist POV though, because once you start making changes you create a precedent of willingness to change things, but it's not like they're balancing the classes or changing abilities.

I play for fun, and these fixes and/or changes won't take away from my fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You'd be an idiot if you honestly thought bugs and exploits wouldn't be fixed...
    If you fix the bugs and exploits it's not the same game and its existence is pointless.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    If you fix the bugs and exploits it's not the same game and its existence is pointless.
    Careful, some people in this thread don't believe you exist.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The community killed "the original AV" - not Blizzard.
    Original AV was never ingame.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

The #NoChanges crowd wasn't actually about preserving vanilla, they just wanted the same crappy client they've played to death on private servers. Classic failed not because of lack of interest or Blizzard, but because of the playerbase. It's not the vanilla experience, it's an official private server packed with players who don't care that ironically play no different than retail players.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

We're past #nochanges now. The community is more about maintaining the spirit of the game, and the intended gameplay of vanilla.
    Changes like this are exactly the thing that goes against the spirit of the game. I dont give a shit how devs intented the game to be played, noone should. Vanilla was great because players dictated how the game is played. Once that changed the spirit of the game died and we have a single player experience that exists currently on retail.

They just rightfully feared a slippery slope of Transmogs, store mounts and the systemic busywork of modern WoW. This is not that. This "change" if you really want to insist on calling it that, just makes AV feel more like vanilla AV, and less like Classic AV. Its 100% in the spirit of the game and does not represent the fears of the #NoChanges "movement".
    This is exactly that.

Trying to bait people into a frenzy because they made minor changes to make AV a closer experience to what it was in vanilla is laughable. AV is a fucking joke as it is. Nobody likes it and its one of the most glaring problems in the game. I adored AV in vanilla, and I despise what its become in Classic. Its already changed drastically from the original experience. This FIX just wants to attempt to course correct.
    You either never played vanilla or just trolling. If they want vanilla AV they should put the pre 1.7 AV back (at least), not make rushes a minute slower. AV nerf made rushes possible, not the wallclimbing backdoors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The #NoChanges crowd wasn't actually about preserving vanilla, they just wanted the same crappy client they've played to death on private servers. Classic failed not because of lack of interest or Blizzard, but because of the playerbase. It's not the vanilla experience, it's an official private server packed with players who don't care that ironically play no different than retail players.
    If you ever played any private servers you know that even though the client was always the same it was always about how well they set the rules. Yes, this is an official private server, but the way Blizzard runs it is way way worse than what some of the groups of enthusiasts that didnt have any funding managed to do. #NoChanges was always about maintaining the flaws that the game including the client has (except the obvious hacks and exploits that you cant countract) to maintain the gameplay diversity. You could stay that it's bad but that's what kept the private server scene going, and the thing that could've made a lot of money for Blizzard.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    all it took was just playing the game as it was instead of living off biased memories lol
    also the reason so many people stopped playing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If you ever played any private servers you know that even though the client was always the same it was always about how well they set the rules. Yes, this is an official private server, but the way Blizzard runs it is way way worse than what some of the groups of enthusiasts that didnt have any funding managed to do. #NoChanges was always about maintaining the flaws that the game including the client has (except the obvious hacks and exploits that you cant countract) to maintain the gameplay diversity. You could stay that it's bad but that's what kept the private server scene going, and the thing that could've made a lot of money for Blizzard.
    You've basically proven me right. You're part of the delusional playerbase that ruined Classic.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

You've basically proven me right. You're part of the delusional playerbase that ruined Classic.
    I'm not even playing Classic anymore. But yeah, you can say w/e you can but the only reason why Classic is even a thing is because a bunch of people like me created private server community and showed Blizzard that there's a big market they can get into.

Classic failed not because of lack of interest or Blizzard,
    Enlighten me how Classic "failed" while Brack basically praised it three consecutive investor calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And who are you to say who Blizzard should and should not listen to? Maybe one of your opinions means I think they should completely ignore what you think?
    I'm Super Kami Guru.

No they didn't, it's certainly implied that they do, but they never said they play both. You still fail to address the point raised, and instead desperately deflected and dodged the point raised.

The irony is, if you believe they do play both, why would you make such a stupid comment?
    The funny thing is you're white knighting for someone when it's a question that you can't possibly answer. The possibilities I stated were the only two conclusions I could draw. I asked a question. I asked why they said something in particular.

Oh, btw. Read it again. Unless you're being intentionally obtuse, they say they're racing opposite factions.

They thought they did, but they didn't. #ItsAFixNotAChange #NoChanges
    They did want to experience the original AV. Unfortunately the internet has utterly fucking ruined games like WoW, and people only wanna do things in the most efficient way possible. Everyone is informed, which means everything must be done in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Enlighten me how Classic "failed" while Brack basically praised it three consecutive investor calls.
    Developers shine positive light on their latest release during call to bosses.

Stay tuned, more news at 11.

I think classic is doing fine, considering what it is. But let's not delude ourselves by using an investor call as evidence of it's success. They also always said hots was doing great too.

Developers shine positive light on their latest release during call to bosses.

Stay tuned, more news at 11.

I think classic is doing fine, considering what it is. But let's not delude ourselves by using an investor call as evidence of it's success. They also always said hots was doing great too.
    It's a success because we still have hell a lot of active servers almost a year since launch for a 15+ year old game.

Some so active they are locked and have layers.

Calling it anything but a success is being a blind hater tbh

Honestly the playerbase of classic is a complete 360 of the original vanilla player base so who cares really. Classic is not vanilla, classic is for people who were too young for vanilla or didn't play wow from the beginning. Even if left the exact same its completely differently still and as unsociable as possible.