Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Throwing NWL in there as well because they gave me an idea there.

The "First Ones" might be the ones that created the six fundamental elements. And their associated sub-pantheons. (IE one of them created Order, and the Titans.)
    And if that's true than Elune may actually be something above even the First Ones, as once again she's tied so heavily with three magic types (the "good" ones). Jailer is so far mostly death powered but he could always bust out void and fel powers as a twist. We already have him working with demons and specifically void-friendly(?) demons in the form of the Nathrezim, and his best buddy Denathrius is probably an ancient Dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Throwing NWL in there as well because they gave me an idea there.

The "First Ones" might be the ones that created the six fundamental elements. And their associated sub-pantheons. (IE one of them created Order, and the Titans.)
    This seems like the most likely scenario

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    And if that's true than Elune may actually be something above even the First Ones, as once again she's tied so heavily with three magic types (the "good" ones). Jailer is so far mostly death powered but he could always bust out void and fel powers as a twist.
    Void, shadow, and death are tied pretty closely together.

Same with Fel. Think of the orc necrolytes. They were warlocks who learned necromancy. It seems like death magic is a hop away from fel magic.

"But here, there is a major titan plus plus level antagonist that we are facing" Uhm...WHAT THE FUCK ION?! Holy shit...

Will we actually be stronger than Sargeras by the end of Shadowlands or some shit? Cause oh my god...

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Void, shadow, and death are tied pretty closely together.

Same with Fel. Think of the orc necrolytes. They were warlocks who learned necromancy. It seems like death magic is a hop away from fel magic.
    "Shadow" magic has always been weird in lore because it doesn't fit exactly as fel void or death, I wonder if they are going to explain it encompasses all aspects of the three. There isn't really a comparison for life/arcane/light as far as I'm aware.

"Shadow" magic has always been weird in lore because it doesn't fit exactly as fel void or death, I wonder if they are going to explain it encompasses all aspects of the three. There isn't really a comparison for life/arcane/light as far as I'm aware.
    I've always viewed shadow as coming FROM the void. Like there's not a light analogue because the light is just encompassing, but the void creates shadows.

If that makes any sense. But yeah, hopefully we get a more concrete explanation of the difference in SL

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "But here, there is a major titan plus plus level antagonist that we are facing" Uhm...WHAT THE FUCK ION?! Holy shit...

Will we actually be stronger than Sargeras by the end of Shadowlands or some shit? Cause oh my god...
    Canonically, the murderhobos could not defeat Argus without the power of the entire pantheon (minus Sargeras) boosting them. It will be the same thing here with the only way we can kill Jailer is with the power of the Death Pantheon (who have been shown to have godly powers on par with the Titans).

10+ Year Old Account
    Canonically, the Champions of Azeroth no lifers could not defeat Argus without the power of the entire pantheon (minus Sargeras) boosting them. It will be the same thing here with the only way we can kill Jailer is with the power of the Death Pantheon (who have been shown to have godly powers on par with the Titans).
    Fixed it for you. I'm wondering if we get rid of Sylvanas quickly or she lasts until the end of Shadowlands.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    The ambience sound in the Maw is pretty sick.

Sometimes you even hear baby screams.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fixed it for you. I'm wondering if we get rid of Sylvanas quickly or she lasts until the end of Shadowlands.
    If the Jailer is lasting until the end of the expansion then Sylvanas will probably be placed at the midpoint, or it's a very short expansion. Who else would take the midboss place, Kel'thuzad?

10+ Year Old Account
    And who came before the titans?

Old gods.
    Old gods are younger than the Titans. They are a creation of the void lords.
    Elune was there when the sorting of light and void happened, which makes her older than all of them.

Sylvanas is going to be our Azshara of Shadowlands, definitely. I don't think she'll live past 9.2 or 9.3 or whatever, but she'll either die or get trapped in the Maw in a piece of irony or some shit. And if she does fall, I think she'll go out in a good way tbh. I don't see her going past SL, nor do I see her just dying like a bitch tiered villain or whatever.

And no, Sylvanas was always a villain. Don't suger-coat her now cause she's more prominent as a threat.

- - - Updated - - -

And who came before the titans?

Old gods.
    Uhm: The First Ones, or the guys that rule the Light and/or Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Old gods are younger than the Titans. They are a creation of the void lords.
    Elune was there when the sorting of light and void happened, which makes her older than all of them.
    Never heard about her being older than void lords or being present at the light vs void bing bang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Never heard about her being older than void lords or being present at the light vs void bing bang.
    According to Khadgar she created, or was involved in the creation of Xe'ra.
    Which was proven by the Tear of Elune causing the Light's heart to awaken.

We know Xe'ra was one of the first Naaru to ever be forged at the beginning of the universe.

That makes Elune old.
    Very very old.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

We know Xe'ra was one of the first Naaru to ever be forged at the beginning of the universe.

That makes Elune old.
    Very very old.
    OTF

It's always kind of astounding how many people got thru Legion and managed to forget/overlook that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new 6 months mount can only mean two things....
    Dragon Isle along with tinkers!

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The new 6 months mount can only mean two things....
    Dragon Isle along with tinkers!
    Both coming in 9.2, because the new thing is to use a full expansion's worth of stuff in a single patch.

That makes Elune old.
    Very very old.
    That does not mean that she was present at the bing bang tho but i guess the void lord thing is 50/50.

That makes Elune old.
    Very very old.
    She is 100% in the Light. Let's be honest here.

nothing new for pvp ??

I had this theory that the First Ones are actually the beings who once inhabited the endless, shimmering sea of Light, before the rise of the Void and the creation of the cosmos. The Void Lords might have been renegade First Ones who broke off from the Light and created the Void, or were tempted by the Void.

I mean, ugh, Blizzard isnt really clever with names. If they are called "First Ones" its probably because they are, in fact, the first ones to have ever existed.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-07-09 at 11:17 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!