Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    That's wrong : during cata the Horde took many territories. During BFA the Horde gained new allies and genocided an entire alliance race. We still don't know about Ashenvale fate, but if this game had any logic, it should belong to the Horde since the Horde conquered it first to take Darskhore.
    And you have speech like "blood elves and forsaken will forever be Horde race" when it was just an alliance of convenience before.
    "Hey Tyrande, I bring you the apologies from the Horde but Ashenvale is ours now, you known. But know that we are very veeeeeerrryyy sorry."

That's wrong : during cata the Horde took many territories. During BFA the Horde gained new allies and genocided an entire alliance race. We still don't know about Ashenvale fate, but if this game had any logic, it should belong to the Horde since the Horde conquered it first to take Darskhore.
    And you have speech like "blood elves and forsaken will forever be Horde race" when it was just an alliance of convenience before.
    Under their rule the Horde suffered, bled, and shattered. The storyline highlights this many times. Both Garrosh and Sylvanas drove the Horde into civil war and ruin.

Blood elves and forsaken remain Horde races thanks to warchiefs like Thrall and Vol'jin, who treated the Horde as an actual family and not just as pawns for war. That's why these races sided against Garrosh and Sylvanas (once she revealed her true sinister nature).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-07-14 at 11:24 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because it was really just Sylvanas that committed Genocide on the Night Elves. Everyone else was just doing what they were ordered to do. . .
    And to top it off Thrall was on a whole different freaking planet while this all happened, he would be the farthest from her to blame. You add in Sylv also tried to have him killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, that's finaly some relatable development. Finaly, we see at least part of the Alliance not being forgiving and wanting retribution. I'm pretty curious what will come of this, given hints that Tyrande will have to distribute her Night Warrior powers among more vessels. I can easily see night elves slaughtering any Horde foolish enough to venture into their forests, but I don't think they would launch an offensive to Barrens or Durotar either.

Horde still has Zandalari and Darkspears wanting their own vengeance upon Alliance, and mag'har seems to be ready to kill something soon enough as well, so we can see another conflict brewing already. I wish that they would turn this armistice more into cold war conflict with regional skirmishes and difficult diplomatic relations between two factions.
    ah dont worry she will be batted with villain bat. she is the new arthas but wont get arthas treatment because its now a MMORPG and they want to please everyone. she already said she is willing to pay any price to get sylvanas to justice, and she already picked up the frostmourne version of the night elves, which her friends warned her not to.

one should be blind not to see all these parallels between tyrande and arthas now. undead overrun both their homes(malganis for arthas, sylvanas for tyrande), they both want justice and revenge so they venture into an unknown land (northrend for arthas, shadowlands for tyrande) they both get changed by seeking a power to be able to achieve that said revenge (frostmourne for arthas, shadow warrior for tyrande )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    "Hey Tyrande, I bring you the apologies from the Horde but Ashenvale is ours now, you known. But know that we are very veeeeeerrryyy sorry."
    "we are very veeeeerrryyy sorry" --> "proceeds to execute their 4th massacre and 3rd genocide against the alliance in the following year."

(4th and 3rd of course if you only count from the start of WoW and not the actual horde.)

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ah yes, because war war war is the way things must be, right?
    Well, to be fair, it's the world of warcraft after all.

Though the faction war should have been over with Pandaria. Or at least, pandaren should have been prominent in ending BFA's conflict...

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    ah dont worry she will be batted with villain bat. she is the new arthas but wont get arthas treatment because its now a MMORPG and they want to please everyone. she already said she is willing to pay any price to get sylvanas to justice, and she already picked up the frostmourne version of the night elves, which her friends warned her not to.

one should be blind not to see all these parallels between tyrande and arthas now. undead overrun both their homes(malganis for arthas, sylvanas for tyrande), they both want justice and revenge so they venture into an unknown land (northrend for arthas, shadowlands for tyrande) they both get changed by seeking a power to be able to achieve that said revenge (frostmourne for arthas, shadow warrior for tyrande )
    The similarities to Arthas are a stretch. Her similarities to Maievs WC3 story are much more obvious.

Also in the Ardenweald Campaign Ysera wants you to save Tyrande... you go around with Shandris, interviewing various Night Warriors of the past to find a solution to save Tyrande. I very much doubt that Tyrande gets the villain bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yeah, that's not really "licking Tyrande's boots" in any sense - it's pretty much the least the Horde can do for their complicity in committing genocide on the Night Elves. If I were Tyrande I would probably follow-up on Thrall's words with some choice profanity. I won't argue that Thrall doesn't have a history of appeasement, either; but in this case the Horde truly owes the Night Elves in the sense that reparation is due.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm so sick of the horde. Kill them all already, except the trolls. The trolls are kewl.

Thrall wants peace and realises the night elves have been very slighted recently, so it's to be expected. Just as long as it won't lead to more "penance" for his people.

I'd personally ignore Tyrande's bitchfit, but I was a Loyalist after all.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2020-07-14 at 12:00 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

- - - Updated - - -

"we are very veeeeerrryyy sorry" --> "proceeds to execute their 4th massacre and 3rd genocide against the alliance in the following year."

(4th and 3rd of course if you only count from the start of WoW and not the actual horde.)
    It is just like the meme...

I think OP is missing the point. It was not about Thrall licking Tyrande's boot. Sylvanas did something horrendous. The orcs are about honor. You fight mano-a-mano with your opponent and deal a killing blow. Honorably.

Tyrande burned Teldrassil, and not everyone was able to escape. Those souls were sent straight into The Maw to be tormented for all time.

Of course, Thrall had to apologize for what some of his people did there. It is a dishonor to himself and to those who participated, and those who didn't.

On Tyrande's end, it was not about listening to apologies. She is willing to acknowledge Thrall... but she wants actions... not words. Bring me Sylvanas' head... then we are square to what happens next.

The similarities to Arthas are a stretch. Her similarities to Maievs WC3 story are much more obvious.

Also in the Ardenweald Campaign Ysera wants you to save Tyrande... you go around with Shandris, interviewing various Night Warriors of the past to find a solution to save Tyrande. I very much doubt that Tyrande gets the villain bat.
    I dont have any idea or know anything about shadowlands quests but I hope so, I really like tyrande and for once it would be good to have someone in wow who dont turn into a villain just because he/she wants revenge.

Well, Horde managed to get some territories shortly after Shattering, but they were not able to hold them for long actually.

- Ashenvale was abandoned by them after SoO (proved by Elegy and Good War novellas, which states that Ashenvale was clear of Horde presence)
    - They were not able to hold Gilneas and barely defended large sections of Silverpine
    - Their former undisputed presence in southern Barrens was compromised by Alliance counter-attack
    - They faced Alliance invasion to Stonetalon mountains

The only territory they managed to hold is Azshara and most likely Hillsbrad. During War of Thorns, they basicly stormed the Ashenvale, it was never said they build any kind of structure to hold it in here. Their intention was to blitzkrieg Teldrassil, occupy it and dominate the region later, using resources from captured capital. Since Teldrassil was destroyed and war relocated to other parts of the world, Horde had to divide its armies to other efforts. While they certainly hold some bases in Ashenvale, that's for sure, I don't think they had that strong presence here either. Once night elves took Darkshore back, I believe they continued their effort in Ashenvale... and since Horde was losing already on all fronts and was once again in Civil War, dividing it even further, there is even less opposition for elves in northern Kalimdor. We also don't know what's part of the new armistice which is signed by Horde and Alliance leaders, but I strongly suspect it also covers kaldorei claim on Ashenvale as well, but those are just speculations. I really think status of Ashenvale should be clarified to give us better picture.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I somewhat suspect that Blizz will rather "Kerrigan" her instead of "Arthas"ing her. I think we will see her doing some real questionable shit once Night Warrior takes full hold over her, but we will find a way how to help her and redeem her.

There were discussions that Sylvanas is destined to be Kerrigan of Warcraft, but it more seems she will just fully embrace her moustache-twirling evilness instead, so we may expect redemption on another characters.

Yeah... terrible Thrall upholding honor and holding peace. It's like he is a good guy or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Under their rule the Horde suffered, bled, and shattered. The storyline highlights this many times. Both Garrosh and Sylvanas drove the Horde into civil war and ruin.

Blood elves and forsaken remain Horde races thanks to warchiefs like Thrall and Vol'jin, who treated the Horde as an actual family and not just as pawns for war. That's why these races sided against Garrosh and Sylvanas (once she revealed her true sinister nature).
    It's not a "worse state" when you end up with a more powerful faction, with more races loyal to you and more territory than ever, with your enemy getting crushed and genocided.
    Blood Elves and Forsaken remained Horde race apart from their warchief, and BFA proves it again. Everyone sided against Garrosh and Sylvanas when it became convenient, not just those races. Lorthemar could have been disgusted with the genocide of the night elves and the war to achieve global domination, but instead he was concerned about the Horde not having a Warchief anymore.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It goes more like this, Tyrande told him that should bring what was owed when he wanted to visit Nordrassil
    He thought it was a apology what she wanted.
    When he apologies she did not give a sh** about it.
    Tyrande and Maiev did not accept thats its all just Sylvanas.
    Tyrande then continues to say that sooner or later the surviving night elfs will sooner come for him and the horde and no armistice would stop them next time.
    Thrall then realizes that she wants something else, Sylvanas head and he then vowed to to bring it to her.

Thats the short version of it.
    I love bitch Tyrande, she takes no shit from anybody anymore. Pity it took her the genocide of her people to wake up, shrug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I'm so sick of the horde. Kill them all already, except the trolls. The trolls are kewl.
    Trolls are next Garry/Sylvie. Talanji and Rokhan that is.

It's not a "worse state" when you end up with a more powerful faction, with more races loyal to you and more territory than ever, with your enemy getting crushed and genocided.
    Blood Elves and Forsaken remained Horde race apart from their warchief, and BFA proves it again. Everyone sided against Garrosh and Sylvanas when it became convenient, not just those races. Lorthemar could have been disgusted with the genocide of the night elves and the war to achieve global domination, but instead he was concerned about the Horde not having a Warchief anymore.
    More races can be a burden more than a gain, as shown when the Horde couldn't even afford to aid the vulpera, since they were stretched so thin. Gaining territories can also lead to overextension, which becomes a huge problem when you don't have the mains to defend and govern the new territories. In no war was the Alliance either crushed or exterminated.

Meanwhile it has been pointed many times in the story how Garrosh and Sylvanas committed terrible acts which fractured the Horde, made it bleed, and thus failed the Horde. Blizzard's stance on the quality of these two genocidal warchiefs is very clear.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I love bitch Tyrande, she takes no shit from anybody anymore. Pity it took her the genocide of her people to wake up, shrug.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolls are next Garry/Sylvie. Talanji and Rokhan that is.
    Tyrande's about to undergo the same story arc Jaina did Mists of Pandaria-Battle for Azeroth. Ever growing powerful person obsessed on revenge for her people, ever treading the line of insanity and evil. For years, people kept asking "when is Jaina going to be turned into a raid boss we have to kill?"

7+ Year Old Account
    they way they wrote that lame ass plot of everyone following sylvanus blindly make all this "im so sorry" talk look so fucking shit and cringe, the awful thing is that they write this crap and now are doing this, like it make sense or people will like it

Thrall was not even in this world and he did nothing when hear about it

BfA will be know as the worst lore expansion ever, it damaged so much that we will need years and shit like this to make amends, but the scar will be always there, it will be forever be know as the shit version of mop, the, expansion where everyone in the horde was forced to blindly follow a genocide like completely retards ignoring previous incidents and the alliance accept their sincerely apologies likely completely fools because plot demands.

Sure an expansion for both factions to love

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Yeah, that's not really "licking Tyrande's boots" in any sense - it's pretty much the least the Horde can do for their complicity in committing genocide on the Night Elves. If I were Tyrande I would probably follow-up on Thrall's words with some choice profanity. I won't argue that Thrall doesn't have a history of appeasement, either; but in this case the Horde truly owes the Night Elves in the sense that reparation is due.
    True, if the Horde wants to distance itself from Sylvanas and what she did (Which they seem to want, rounding up most NPC Sylvanas supporters and all), some gesture of goodwill to the people they almost genocided is a must, and that it takes more than words to satisfy Tyrande is nothing more than logical, she heard the apologies before after the Garrosh-invasion, and those words proved pretty worthless, so now it's time for actions.