Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yrel is considered a baddie by them. The whole focus in her story was that they discarded the viable motive she and the draenei had - namely that Grom and the orcs waged a war on them based on the say so of a time traveler, that Grom had her sister sacrificed to the void and so forth in lieu of having her and Grom be buddies that only the naaru's implied mental influence could separate. If she shows up again she'll be cast as mislead, not someone waging a fairly rational policy given the risk posed by the enemy group.

The conflict is morally grey, but not intentionally. The draenei have every reason to act in the way they did especially with the implication of the botani having a role in making Draenor barren ditto, the Mag'har who've spent most of their time as agents of others have every reason to push their sovereignty especially if either destroying the botani had no role on Draenor's fecundity or they're right and it is part of the Light as a tool of stasis.

I do agree though that Turalyon won't be an antagonist or even a hawkish Alliance figure - there's no room for such. Tyrande shows full well how they mean to portray anyone who has any grievance with a white peace. It'd have been cool if the Lightforged were more like the Lightbound or Scarlet Crusade rather than just palette-swapped regular draenei who were completely fine with void-infused elves walking around, being buddies with the undead or their godhead being killed by a demon, but they are.
    Nothing would make me happier if, as we seem unable to break out of the ludonarrative dissonance of the game's faction based play but constant 'we're getting better now' narrative, it was the Alliance's turn to have the warmongering leader that needs to be put down by the opposing faction and the "real" Alliance as we've now done... at least twice with the Horde. Call it 2.5 times if you connect Garrosh's history rewrite.

Have the Dark Portal open with golden rays of blinding holy light, Yrel and Alt!Xe'ra pouring through to "purify" Azeroth, having Turalyon go right back to golden eyed care-bear staring chandelier simp, and you've got an expansion.

Bellular is a clickbait youtuber, don't pay attention to anything he says.

I just wanna worship Yrel as high queen of the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah it's especially telling that Geya'rah might not be 100% truthful when she willingly sided with Sylvanas. The only reason she isn't in chains or dead is because there aren't really any other named Mag'har.
    I'll meet the writers half way on this. She might not know the real reason behind it. She could be regurgitating someone else's lies and propaganda. If that's the case, she's not necessarily the liar, here, just the one repeating the lie, which is almost as bad. But, orcs aren't really known for their critical thinking skills, right?
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

As i commented in the video, it is very unlikely we will get another faction war and the light does have a hold on the horde as well. The blood elves and the Sunwell, the zandalari paladins and the Tauren sunwalkers. The Forsaken will have a light sympathetic leader as well.
    It just won't be the root of the crisis, but the horde is not anti-light. That would be the mag'har and void elves. Those will be the resistance in each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yrel is considered a baddie by them. The whole focus in her story was that they discarded the viable motive she and the draenei had - namely that Grom and the orcs waged a war on them based on the say so of a time traveler, that Grom had her sister sacrificed to the void and so forth in lieu of having her and Grom be buddies that only the naaru's implied mental influence could separate. If she shows up again she'll be cast as mislead, not someone waging a fairly rational policy given the risk posed by the enemy group.
    Well, of course, everyone who's ever suffered at the orcs' hands is required to have terminal amnesia and forgive them, no matter how many times the orcs snap and mass murder them. Anyone who takes the sane option of viewing them as a threat will be villain batted until they swallow the koolaid.

Tyrande shows full well how they mean to portray anyone who has any grievance with a white peace.
    Don't worry, she'll drink the koolaid soon enough. After all, every single character that has ever even expressed concerns about orcs or the Horde eventually becomes their cheerleader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything Bellular says, he pulls straight from his ass... this guy really thinks way too highly of himself.

Just like all his other 'THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN'-theories, this will end up being false as wel...

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    As i commented in the video, it is very unlikely we will get another faction war and the light does have a hold on the horde as well. The blood elves and the Sunwell, the zandalari paladins and the Tauren sunwalkers. The Forsaken will have a light sympathetic leader as well.
    It just won't be the root of the crisis, but the horde is not anti-light. That would be the mag'har and void elves. Those will be the resistance in each faction.
    Not so sure here. If you read the latest excerpt from Shadows Rising:

The Horde or at least some of it's members, have not learned anything from the 4th war and would gladly jump head first into the 5th. Diplomacy is called cowardice by Rokhan and the Mag'har are ready to go to war just because that is what you do when you are an Orc.
    Talanji decries how the poor innocent Zandalari have been rudely attacked and does not give a crap about the concerns of the Horde.

Basically if Talanji would go on overthrowing the council to lead the Horde into the next war against the Alliance she'd have ample support already and it is very questionable that Thrall has enough sway over the other orcs already to prevent them from following his female counterpart, especialy if she promises blood and honor.

Basically the next civil war is already brewing and thus the next faction war will follow soon. Which is a lot faster then even I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    how come you're not sick of all those "youtubers" and "streamers" already?

the only "wow youtuber" I watch is - Nobbel. The guy is just speaking facts and hes literally just reading a book to you. Can be wonderful podcast
    Haha, you're funny, go to poolag.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not so sure about that specifically, as in the current Shadowlands Beta Nathanos appears to be a world boss and is killable in the Eastern Plaguelands (at the Marris Stead), apparently in a redux scenario of his original world boss status from Classic..
    the Argent Crusade must haven't read the memo from the Horde yet and so they allowed him to be there
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    i give 2 patchs until they drop this narrative because alliance players will complaint that they are the self righteous good guys who can't do no wrong and would only go for the righteous and pure path.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i give 2 patchs until they drop this narrative.
    It's what has already happened every time that the Alliance did something funky: NEs/dwarves sabotaging Quel'thalas, Alliance fleet attacking the Forsaken in Howling Fjord well before the Wrathgate, Varian declaring war because he didn't like Orcs, SI7 killing unarmed civilians because they could be inconvenient witnesses, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    SI7 killing unarmed civilians because they could be inconvenient witnesses, and so on.
    context on this one
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    It's what has already happened every time that the Alliance did something funky: NEs/dwarves sabotaging Quel'thalas, Alliance fleet attacking the Forsaken in Howling Fjord well before the Wrathgate, Varian declaring war because he didn't like Orcs, SI7 killing unarmed civilians because they could be inconvenient witnesses, and so on.
    alliance killing vulpera in voldun...

they start but drop that no one remember or try to paint like something else or some other reason.

The Forsaken in Howling Fjord were spreading the plague, and if you do the Horde side of the quests, you're also attacking Alliance.

Varian never declared war.

You're clearly biased.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    Varian did declare war but it was because of what he saw in the sewers

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the novel and there are plenty of stuff Alliance can be looking forward to in regards to development. Anduin seems to start getting influenced by the void. Turalyon/Alleria start pulling off some light and void combos to torture prisoners and so on. Tyrande actually seems to be allright, she cut some deal with Thrall and while she's pretty hostile to the Horde she did give them a chance to amend things.

Basically the biggest one would probably end up Anduin somehow corrupted by the Void and what it will lead to.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    The Forsaken in Howling Fjord were spreading the plague, and if you do the Horde side of the quests, you're also attacking Alliance.

You're clearly biased.
    Varian did declared war after the Battle for the Undercity.

"King Varian Wrynn says: I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked.
    King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
    King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
    King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    "

Anduin is clearly a dreadlord and he will meet his true father in Revendreth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Varian did declare war but it was because of what he saw in the sewers
    Source

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Varian did declared war after the Battle for the Undercity.

"King Varian Wrynn says: I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked.
    King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
    King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
    King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!
    "
    That's not a declaration of war. And if it was, then why did no war follow? Why didn't the Alliance attack after that? We went on to go into Ulduar, Icecrown Citadel and then had to deal with Deathwing. At no point did the Alliance ever actually start a war. It was Garrosh that went into Alliance territory.