View Poll Results: Will you remain in classic when TBC comes out?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.32%
  • No

312 72.73%
  • I don't know

47 10.96%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It depends on their implementation of TBC. I strongly suspect they will have fresh TBC servers and let us copy our vanilla characters over to replicate the experience of the organic process of expansion release without taking away the classic servers many people enjoy.

This being the case I could have both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It can work but i can see how you can avoid that cap.
    Imagine the cap is for example 10k and you've got 50k on Classic. You transfer your 10k and give rest to a few friends/guildies that are not that 'rich' and transfer it for you and we got exactly the same problem back. This is not fixing anything basically.
    There's no reason to let people include gold in the transfer at all. Give everyone a staple of X gold and let the economy start with a clean slate. Also why would they allow copying of characters under max lvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtelfficker View Post
    How come I dont read anywhere about Classic +
    imagine how cool would that be !?
    new or old classic content on another scale you can clear with the naxx gear?
    maybe even rated battlegrounds !?
    its all on the table for sure !
    I haven't played that much of Classic due to time constraints, but I'd certainly ditch the 'live' servers for Classic+ if that were true. Classic is when the world was a major part of the adventure. Having new raids and dungeons, especially if they would get the story from that era and the way that races and zones were closely intertwined! Even today, when I level a character on live, I seem to have a lot more fun up to level 40 in starting zones (yes, however bad they have become after Cataclysm) than I do playing anything else in the game.

More content to Classic, maybe using zones available on 'live' (Hyjal, Twilight Highlands, Kul Tiras, and more) and bringing more to zones that were not particularly useful in Vanilla (Azshara, Desolace, Alterac Mountains and others) could make for some fantastic new content. Considering that Vanilla isn't as fast a game and doesn't progress as fast as live servers do, some of these plus a new raid or two could last a long time and generate interest.

As much as I love TBC, it was the worst expansion visually (lots and lots of neon items!), and it was awful for guilds to keep a healthy roster. Flying was only good in TBC for the areas that were actually dangerous to fly in. Specs got better, but there wouldn't be anything wrong with revamping specs a bit for a Classic+ server. I don't see those playing Balance/Feral, Enhancement, Retribution, Shadow and some less competitive 'pure' class specs complaining that much about the changes.

Personally no. I've been glad to have Classic and have enjoyed it so far but in truth my support of Classic since day 1 was honestly just a proxy support for eventually possibly getting TBC. That was my favourite time in WoW by a large margin, it just felt like Classic Perfected, with so many design issues and jank mechanics smoothed out or just removed, so many specs had depth added to them or just fixed broken spec issues, etc while at the same time not changing so much as to become very unlike Classic which is how I feel about WotLK and beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    BC made a LOT of mistakes, not the least of which was reducing even more dps classes to one button wonders. Special mention to the unholy birth of dailies/world quests.
    What classes become "one button wonders"? I know hunters have their macro (assuming that even works in classic tbc), but from my experience, classes get more tools, and powerful tools at that, not less.

Also, it didn't add world quests. World quests, atleast in my opinion, is less interesting than TBC dailies by a large margin.

Beyond that I do agree there was mistakes. Every expansion has them to one extent or another. TBC and Wrath is still the least flawed versions imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnrealDonald2 View Post
    I don't agree to that at all. Don't get me wrong, TBC did a lot of things right, especially in terms of balancing and many gameplay mechanics. But it made three MAJOR mistakes that I will never be able to forgive:

1. Introduction of flying mounts
    2. Introduction of arenas
    3. Being visually designed by a group of teenagers on acid

For me, these 3 flaws are so huge that I overall prefer classic. I'll probably still alternate between both, but I don't intend to give up on classic.
    1. i agree
    2. i don't care because why would i? Instanced content i don't care about doesn't hurt me
    3. subjective. I LOVED it^^

I will move from Retail to TBC when it releases. I kinda disliked Classic personally and i dislike Retail and TBC is a lot closer to that happy medium than anything else available currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    if ill hit cap probably yes. Cap i mean Naxx farm status and gear.

In 12 months, the number of players willing to level 1-60 and farm MC and BWL for 6-12 months all over again will be so tiny it won't even register as a Medium server in Classic.

BUT PRIVATE SERVERS...

Private servers were comparatively tiny. Their population were anywhere from 800 to 5000 (launch), more often on the lower end after the first month. They had to start FRESH constantly because players jumped ship barely a few months in. They even had expedited phases to try to withhold interest because there's really nothing to do in Vanilla. To put things into perspective, if Classic was following private server phases, AQ would have been released in March and Naxx would have been released in May. The first Atiesh staffs would be coming out just about now, marking the end of the few players who didn't outright quit the moment KT died.

Comparatively speaking, Classic is the biggest success in the history of Vanilla servers since retail Vanilla. But at this point, we've farmed MC and BWL more than a player restarting FRESH for his third time. Jesus, I've probably killed Ragnaros more than some of the guys in Nihilum. The actual interest for FRESH servers (ie : reaching 60 and not quitting before BWL) would barely scrape 4 digits for when AQ comes knocking again. We've re-explored an old game and we're pretty much done with it, with the exception of AQ and Naxx which will just get raidlogged.

It's great that Blizzard did Classic Vanilla, but I think most of us will be done for good with that version of WoW.
    Last edited by Butterland; 2020-07-29 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    What classes become "one button wonders"? I know hunters have their macro (assuming that even works in classic tbc), but from my experience, classes get more tools, and powerful tools at that, not less.
    Locks are sac pet, shadowbolt. Seed if there's any AoE. Hunters got kneecapped into a boring as hell macro.

Also, it didn't add world quests. World quests, atleast in my opinion, is less interesting than TBC dailies by a large margin.
    Unless we're playing semantics games, it created dailies which eventually led to world quests. Both are simply repetitive chores.

Beyond that I do agree there was mistakes. Every expansion has them to one extent or another. TBC and Wrath is still the least flawed versions imo.
    Compared to the disasters that came after Wrath, absolutely the first three versions of WoW are less flawed. That still doesn't mean that TBC and Wrath were going in the right direction, as a LOT of the modern crap had their origin in those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

TBC is far superior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic isn't as playable as Vanilla was because the overall PVP experiences have been drastically different, namely the BGs.

The consequences of timing of Classic resulted in the baseline level of gear being high across the board and people were able to get organized just as quickly as they got geared, it was like super organization. So this means non stop premades and a really busted, sanitized AV out of the gate. The pvp experience in Classic when BGs came out was awful, just awful. The overpopulated servers and super organization reminded me of locusts finishing off a farmer's crops as he tries to contain them.

Vanilla AV felt way more slow paced. The participation was also different, it felt more RPG-like, like masses of players all moving on foot, trying to get into combat with the opposing mass, not instantly mounting up to move to spread out and move to Drek/Galv.
    People really queued up to farm HKs and have fun, winning and honor wasn't that big of a deal. Also the queues were faster. Waiting 30 minutes to get into AV back in the day was unheard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    No chance. I'm enjoying Classic, but one of the reasons I'm even playing is to hopefully lead on to TBC. I can't wait for it, hope it gets announced soon. As mentioned in some of the posts above, TBC is like an improved version of Classic. Can't wait for Naxx, but can't wait for TBC also

TBC for the win ! I want my draenei !
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No chance. I'm enjoying Classic, but one of the reasons I'm even playing is to hopefully lead on to TBC. I can't wait for it, hope it gets announced soon. As mentioned in some of the posts above, TBC is like an improved version of Classic. Can't wait for Naxx, but can't wait for TBC also
    You might be able to copy a character over, but there wont be a Classic to TBC push like it was originally.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Classic isn't as playable as Vanilla was because the overall PVP experiences have been drastically different, namely the BGs.

The consequences of timing of Classic resulted in the baseline level of gear being high across the board and people were able to get organized just as quickly as they got geared, it was like super organization. So this means non stop premades and a really busted, sanitized AV out of the gate. The pvp experience in Classic when BGs came out was awful, just awful. The overpopulated servers and super organization reminded me of locusts finishing off a farmer's crops as he tries to contain them.

Vanilla AV felt way more slow paced. The participation was also different, it felt more RPG-like, like masses of players all moving on foot, trying to get into combat with the opposing mass, not instantly mounting up to move to spread out and move to Drek/Galv.
    People really queued up to farm HKs and have fun, winning and honor wasn't that big of a deal. Also the queues were faster. Waiting 30 minutes to get into AV back in the day was unheard of.
    We played different vanilla versions it seems^^

It was slower because half the people did not know what to do in there. True. (Including me^^)

But queues shorter that 30 min? I was on the biggest realm in my zone and i remember hitting autowalk into a wall and go cleaning my room, showring and cocking then come back and still had no popup.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a 60 on classic you should be given the choice to either stay on classic with that char or transfer it to tbc. Shouldn't exist in both. You can still play classic ofcourse, you'll just have to level another char.

And it goes without saying that classic servers will continue to exist if/when tbc launches as that was the entire point of having them in the first place.

@ the thread in general...
    I prefer Vanilla for class design honestly, as it has my favorite iteration of my favorite class (warlock as SM/Ruin).... but I play primarily for casual BGs (I also raid and do competitive pvp, but mostly as a means to get gear to just relax and stomp some fools in pub bgs), and the constant sweaty premades make vanilla BGs pretty poor (though still better than retail's bgs)...... TBC on the other hand has my favorite iteration of Paladin and though I don't personally enjoy arenas all that much beyond a means to an end for gear, the existence of arenas should keep pug bgs relatively premade free. TLDR version is that I'm jumping ship to TBC when it launches and never looking back....

Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post
    Does/did TBC have faster leveling 1-5x (don't need zoom zoom, just a bit more bearable time/reward)? Were all of the terrible quests, like shaman totems run across the world 5 times still in place? I skipped Classic as I don't have that in me in 2020.
    The only change was that XP is reduced across the board to get through the 1-58 content. I forget the exact amount, but it was substantial, like 20% or something.

Beyond that, the Blood Elf starting zones (and presumably the space goat ones too) are SIGNIFICANTLY better optimized towards power questing with better rewards and quest flow, so your 1-20 times would be conceivably faster (not that it will matter for a launch day zerg with overcrowding, nor when even in og vanilla you're only talking about ~10 hours of playtime).

TBC content also I believe was a bit faster on time to level, than it was in the later levels (50-60) of vanilla, but that might have simply been a result of outland again being better designed for both quest pathing/flow and also quest rewards being more useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    You might be able to copy a character over, but there wont be a Classic to TBC push like it was originally.
    Nobody knows what will happen, so any method is possible at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Why does arena get so much vitriol. Seriously, it's optional. Don't play it if you don't like it. It's not like vanilla PvP is much better with its ridiculous burst damage and meme levels of balance. I never played arena back in the day and I was still competitive with the honor-tier PvP set...
    bc people don't want to actually get good at the game that's why spamming abilities while you arent getting trained in wpvp or bgs is true pvp 4head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Nobody knows what will happen, so any method is possible at this point in time.
    I can tell you, bet you that is won't be Classic being "uplifted" to TBC. Why? You will ask for Classic again.

Either there will be character copies with or without limitations or fresh starts. But not what we had originally, that just makes 0 sense.
    -K