Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    FB is going after large and small fish, it seems. They just grabbed and banned 35 accounts of pro-Trump fans claiming to be Americans, but actually Romanians lying about anecdotal evidence about being Americans who liked Trump.

Man, thank goodness we don't have any fake American really Romanian Trump supporters here.
    Not just "Americans", but "African Americans". A lot of Facebook folks just lost their "my black friend" alibi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not just "Americans", but "African Americans". A lot of Facebook folks just lost their "my black friend" alibi.
    What he is referring to, did claim to be a BLM activist yesterday.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey remember when Trump lifted aluminium tariffs against C anada, the ones he himself imposed, when they agreed to sign NAFTA 1.0.0.2?

He just put them back.

Oh look, Trump didn't pay what he was contractually obligated. I wonder what would happen if, say, Canada just stopped following NAFTA 1.0.0.2 entirely? I mean, they clearly have no obligation to do so. Wouldn't that be yet another Trump failure?

- - - Updated - - -

So the Pew Research Center's latest poll says the majority of Americans think states re-opened too quickly.

"So, what, 52%? 53%?"

69%.

"...isn't the rabid fanbase about thirty per--"

Yes.

Similarly high values (60-75 percent) said (a) the economy would be better if we focused on blocking the virus first and foremost, and (b) that basically other industrialized countries were doing a better job, and (c) that the increase in cases is not due to the increase in testing alone, but actually more people really being sick.

Well, the gaffe machine was at it again today. No not Joe Biden. Trump pronounces Thailand as "Thigh-land" in speech:

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...59601788010496
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

FB is going after large and small fish, it seems. They just grabbed and banned 35 accounts of pro-Trump fans claiming to be Americans, but actually Romanians lying about anecdotal evidence about being Americans who liked Trump.

Man, thank goodness we don't have any fake American really Romanian Trump supporters here.
    Ok, now i'm out of the loop. Who was it this time? Because i can remember the totally american and not by any case russian troll that was perma banned a dew years back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I mean . . . aren't we all?
    I mean, wasnt one of the basic tenets of life, to reduce entropy locally, by maximizing entropy in the system?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ok, now i'm out of the loop. Who was it this time?
    A collection of (fake) nobodies with like 1,600 followers combined. The fact that FB is doing this at all should be a warning to everyone who reposts from "see that guy hates Biden and Obama and he's black no I don't know him no we've never met" posters desperate to find people who agree with them to the point of siding with Russian bots and, apparently, Romanians pretending to be Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

In the ongoing effort to predict and stay ahead of possible problems, Pelosi and Schumer demand the postmaster general reverse its staff/budget cuts before everyone in the US mails their vote.

"We're making sure everyone knows the upcoming shitshow is Trump's personal doing," they didn't say but I'm pretending they did. "The more people see the tricks Trump is trying, the fewer of them that will work."

10+ Year Old Account
    Randall might have to do a sequel.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    What a shock!

Trump's back to school push is already putting people in quarantine!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/miss...144141284.html

Who could have seen this happening? *raises hand*
    Putin khuliyo

this is ultimately trumps biggest failing, and why America is doomed to recede no matter what now. all of America's internal and social issues are nothing but a tiny distraction to the bigger picture.

dont bother replying to me unless you have watched that, disagree if you want but watch it, thats opend my eye at least to how royaly fucked the west is right now.

also fuck david cameron, watch the vid and ull know why.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...n-15465331.php

A New York judge knocked down President Donald Trump's bid to delay a lawsuit from a woman who accused him of rape, ruling in a decision released Thursday that the presidency doesn't shield him from the case.

Pointing to a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling that the president isn't immune from a New York prosecutor's criminal investigation, Manhattan judge Verna Saunders said the same principle applies to E. Jean Carroll's defamation suit, in which Trump's lawyers have argued that the Constitution bars presidents from being dragged into lawsuits in state courts.

“No, it does not,” Saunders wrote.
    Carroll's lawsuit can continue slowly moving forward. Wonder if she'll get the DNA.

What a shock!

Jeez, and the super of that school still doesn't even think it's a good reason to close up.

What a shock!

Wait’ll you look into Georgia...

https://www.ajc.com/education/get-sc...FI7E6BSXZIQAU/
    (That’s only a start, there’s tons more)

What a shock!

It's not Trump's fault. If they had actually followed his advice and stopped testing, then they never would have found those positive cases, and those other people wouldn't have had to quarantine.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

what could possibly go wrong with GA schools reopening

"taken out of context" lol....

https://patch.com/georgia/dallas-hir...way-goes-viral

Photo Of Paulding Students Packed Into Hallway Goes Viral

DALLAS, GA — Photos of maskless students packed into a hallway at North Paulding High School sparked nationwide outrage Tuesday after they went viral.
    "There is no question that the photo does not look good," Paulding superintendent Brian Otott wrote in an email Tuesday to parents. "I can understand if your first reaction was one of concern."

WSB-TV in Atlanta confirmed that the photo was taken at dismissal time Monday by a 10th grader. Students are crowded next to each other, and most aren't wearing masks.
    Otott wrote in the letter that the photo was being taken out of context to "criticize our school reopening efforts.

Still, Otott said he won't mandate masks.

"Wearing a mask is a personal choice and there is no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them," Otott wrote. "What we will do is continue to strongly encourage all students and staff to wear masks."

somehow this fucking school can mandate that all kids wear pants....wear shirts.....not run around naked.....but mask....naaaahhh
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Zan15 yeah, I don’t get how a school can claim enforcing a dress code is impossible.
    they just need to hire a bunch of nuns that run around like they do with skirts 3cm above the knee!! and a lot of rulers to smash knuckles
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Jesus christ, did he take a trip to Sherwin-Williams before this "speech"??

He looks like a fucking oompa-loompa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Zan15 yeah, I don’t get how a school can claim enforcing a dress code is impossible.
    I don't get how the picture can be said to be out of context. Was it taken in the school hallway? Seems like it's in context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Jesus christ, did he take a trip to Sherwin-Williams before this "speech"??

He looks like a fucking oompa-loompa.
    I mean you are not wrong...

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    they just need to hire a bunch of nuns that run around like they do with skirts 3cm above the knee!! and a lot of rulers to smash knuckles
    You say that like a joke, but that's exactly what happened in my school (that and that we had to wear uniforms everyday), and to the schools of some female friends of mine when at highschool (we all went to catholic schools btw)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You say that like a joke, but that's exactly what happened in my school (that and that we had to wear uniforms everyday), and to the schools of some female friends of mine when at highschool (we all went to catholic schools btw)
    no joke, bible study for 3 years twice a week..... its exactly what happened and worse.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!