Page 32 of 127 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why is this surprising to you? How many times has Stormwind been infiltrated by now? 4 times in a row?
    That is the problem. The Legion and large forces before tried to do that but failed and suddenly this new villain did the unthinkable without anyone reacting.

It is still not well established which creatures end up in shadow lands and that makes me wonder.
    If not mistaken there are some naaru sightings in SL. However what would happen to an eredar? KJ and archie supposedly have been turned into demons so the souls or essence would go to the twisting nether to be reborn (contrary to the loa) but what happens to them after perma death. Also supposedly light forged are saturated with light but on death they share the same fate with the rest of the mortals? Arcane constructs the likes of Tyr?
    Is a bit weird and they should try to establish these properly else it feels like another AU weird time line thingie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Something that's been bothering me. Why does Blizzard shit on their own lore? Kyrian Valkyrs according to the game came from the shattered sky and wen't to every Alliance and Horde city and abducted key leaders? It would have been more believable if Shadows came out of thin air, caught the leaders and dissapeared. This however is even more idiotic. They literally came out of the sky without anyone seeing them,captured powerhouses and went back.
    Mawsworn Val'kyr, actually, and as shown in the intro scenario in the Maw these Mawsworn Val'kyr can quite literally come out of nowhere. Not sure if they materialize out of thin air, per se; but they can pass through any form of obstacle through some kind of phasing and their chains are generally power-deadening (they constrain both Jaina and Anduin for a time).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Mawsworn Val'kyr, actually, and as shown in the intro scenario in the Maw these Mawsworn Val'kyr can quite literally come out of nowhere. Not sure if they materialize out of thin air, per se; but they can pass through any form of obstacle through some kind of phasing and their chains are generally power-deadening (they constrain both Jaina and Anduin for a time).
    Mawsworn Kyrian, not Val'kyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Mawsworn Kyrian, not Val'kyr.
    I don't know if those Mawsworn qualify as Kyrian anymore, even if that's what they started off as. They seem to have been corrupted into an altogether different kind of being (similar to the difference between Draenei and demonic Eredar).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't know if those Mawsworn qualify as Kyrian anymore, even if that's what they started off as. They seem to have been corrupted into an altogether different kind of being (similar to the difference between Draenei and demonic Eredar).
    The whole interaction later on makes it very clear that those are indeed Kyrian, Val'kyr do not play into this story-line at all, except for Helya popping up briefly.

That is the problem. The Legion and large forces before tried to do that but failed and suddenly this new villain did the unthinkable without anyone reacting.
    The Legion actually suceeded, they were able to infiltrate into the Stormwind Royal Guard and threw the city into chaos. The rogue questline revolves around this.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I don't know. Sounds like a Deus Ex Machina of convenience to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The whole interaction later on makes it very clear that those are indeed Kyrian, Val'kyr do not play into this story-line at all, except for Helya popping up briefly.
    The storyline in Bastion implies otherwise, though. There are Forsworn Kyrians who serve the Maw such as Lysonia (and others such as Uther who do not), liaising with one of the winged Mawsworn, and they pointedly do not treat or act as if that person is Kyrian. I'm referring to the winged Mawsworn here as Val'kyr because I'm not really sure what to call them. They could be called Mawsworn Ascendants, I suppose, as that appears to be what they were before they were altered. Their skeletal appearance isn't cosmetic, though; and they appear to be fully undead in addition to wearing the finery of the Maw.

The storyline in Bastion implies otherwise, though. There are Forsworn Kyrians who serve the Maw such as Lysonia (and others such as Uther who do not), liaising with one of the winged Mawsworn, and they pointedly do not treat or act as if that person is Kyrian. I'm referring to the winged Mawsworn here as Val'kyr because I'm not really sure what to call them. They could be called Mawsworn Ascendants, I suppose, as that appears to be what they were before they were altered. Their skeletal appearance isn't cosmetic, though; and they appear to be fully undead in addition to wearing the finery of the Maw.
    I just don't see it, I did the whole thing and at no point in time did I think the Val'kyr fit into the whole shenanigans, the entire focus was on the Kyrians running to the maw for more power, to keep their memories and overthrow the old order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I just don't see it, I did the whole thing and at no point in time did I think the Val'kyr fit into the whole shenanigans, the entire focus was on the Kyrians running to the maw for more power, to keep their memories and overthrow the old order.
    Keeping their memories is the goal of the Forsworn, but I don't think the Mawsworn really care about that - the Jailer certainly doesn't. Considering that both Lysonia and Devos opt to keep Uther and Nikolon ignorant of their deal with the Maw further cements the divide.

Keeping their memories is the goal of the Forsworn, but I don't think the Mawsworn really care about that - the Jailer certainly doesn't. Considering that both Lysonia and Devos opt to keep Uther and Nikolon ignorant of their deal with the Maw further cements the divide.
    It doesn't really change a thing though ,the Forsworn are a cult to fool the gullible much like the cult of the damned, converting them in the maw into into full mawsworn, which has been going on for quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Found the remains of an old friend in Maldraxxus - he lasted longer than expected, all told:

Found the remains of an old friend in Maldraxxus - he lasted longer than expected, all told:

RiP Cookie.

Anyone else hoping we'll get to see Runas in Shadowlands? He's one of the few characters that actually made me slightly sad over dying.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-08-09 at 04:51 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Anyone else hoping we'll get to see Withered J'im in Shadowlands? He's one of the few characters that actually made me slightly sad over dying.
    How about Runas? He basically turned into a Withered Nightfallen and that was it. Maybe someone put him out of his misery though
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    How about Runas? He basically turned into a Withered Nightfallen and that was it. Maybe someone put him out of his misery though
    Whoops I got the two confused somehow. I googled withered Nightfallen because I couldn't remember Runas' name.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Just like Syrah and the rest of the Forsaken Night Elves.
    I mean, the Night Elves survived the War of the Ancients, the Third War, a bunch of wars from the classics to the Legion and never lost faith in Elune. But Sylvanas? Oh yes, after her the night elves feel abandoned and defeated.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    that's nice! hope they do the same for Classic
    Of course they won't, that's not part of the Classic experience that everyone wanted.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Just like Syrah and the rest of the Forsaken Night Elves.
    I mean, the Night Elves survived the War of the Ancients, the Third War, a bunch of wars from the classics to the Legion and never lost faith in Elune. But Sylvanas? Oh yes, after her the night elves feel abandoned and defeated.
    It seems to me too convenient that suddenly Kyrian's that have pledged themselves to the Jailor have ways to swoop from the crack in the air, travel all the way from Icecrown to every major city, pass through solid objects without any form of reaction or resistance, have chains that can render the victim magicless, skillless and helpless and easily leave back to the gap in a speed of a spaceship. It's just too convenient to try and explain the ridiculous situation. No army from any villain before could do that Deus Ex Machina. Why not simply kill them on the spot since they have invinsible chains and are so fast that there isn't any reaction at all.

It would have been more believable if let's say they came out of a hole in reality and captured them and then went back through portals.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2020-08-09 at 07:06 PM.