Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Trolls really need beards and ear options. :|

And Worgen practically got nothing at all.
    Yep, Worgens got massively shafted, I checked and the only thing they got was... customize human option separately and change eye colour? That's it? This sucks.

Also I'm thoroughly disappointed with Trolls not getting dark green skin colour! How come we can make yellow, blue and purple trolls but not green? I always used the "teal" skin colour that was closest to green but I wanted a normal green.

Some races got a lot of new options: Tauren, Nelfs, Orcs, I'd say Goblins are an overall win too.

Some are definitely underwhelming. For example panda tail has only option "short" and "long" meanwhile all the long tails look the same on the new skin colours, I'd love a choice between "striped", "dark", "white", "dark with white tip" etc. I guess I have to stick to ye olde orange panda because that's the only one that has striped tail. The plain ones look meh.

Also I wonder what's Blizz obsession about adding bald hairstyle to every race including females, and plenty of mohawk and half-shaven hairstyles, but very few long hairstyles. Humans got one, Nelfs got one, but for example Belfs got some lame copypasta from Nozdormu / Lorthemar (for female hairstyle) and Pandas got only short ones, and Draeneis only got ponytails and buns and most of them are just variations of existing hairstyles with half of it (fringe) being copy pasta from another hairstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElsaHosk View Post
    I just think they put a lot of effort into something a lot of people won't even notice. I have a full plate set over my character's body. These changes mean nada to someone like me.
    Well it depends on the race, if you're an undead with the new option to hide bones or not, you get an extra look even while in armor.

Though i do understand your point and it does stand quite well, lets just hope that this expansion doesn't become a "Customization fiesta with horrible gameplay"

Either way, at least the option to change gender for free in the Barber shop will push people to check more options for their character, even if its just to change some looks every now and then.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, Worgens got massively shafted, I checked and the only thing they got was... customize human option separately and change eye colour? That's it? This sucks.

Also I'm thoroughly disappointed with Trolls not getting dark green skin colour! How come we can make yellow, blue and purple trolls but not green? I always used the "teal" skin colour that was closest to green but I wanted a normal green.

Some races got a lot of new options: Tauren, Nelfs, Orcs, I'd say Goblins are an overall win too.

Some are definitely underwhelming. For example panda tail has only option "short" and "long" meanwhile all the long tails look the same on the new skin colours, I'd love a choice between "striped", "dark", "white", "dark with white tip" etc. I guess I have to stick to ye olde orange panda because that's the only one that has striped tail. The plain ones look meh.

Also I wonder what's Blizz obsession about adding bald hairstyle to every race including females, and plenty of mohawk and half-shaven hairstyles, but very few long hairstyles. Humans got one, Nelfs got one, but for example Belfs got some lame copypasta from Nozdormu / Lorthemar (for female hairstyle) and Pandas got only short ones, and Draeneis only got ponytails and buns and most of them are just variations of existing hairstyles with half of it (fringe) being copy pasta from another hairstyle.
    Worgen got 3-4 new fur colours too.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I wonder what's Blizz obsession about adding bald hairstyle to every race including females, and plenty of mohawk and half-shaven hairstyles, but very few long hairstyles.
    To be fair, it is an easy option to add, is just remove the hair and DONE!, is adding more option with almost no work :P

Also i do love my no hair option.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I wonder if they always give worgen less to make people play humans.
    People already en masse play humans and "furry races" are quite niche. The lack of effort is probably related to "we know nobody plays worgens, or pandas, or gnomes, let's just put few options and call it a day". Surprised Tauren got a lot of options, maybe some dev is a secret Tauren fan.

Also allied races just got massively shafted, some of them already had very few customization options and now they fall behind standard races even more.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    People already en masse play humans and "furry races" are quite niche. The lack of effort is probably related to "we know nobody plays worgens, or pandas, or gnomes, let's just put few options and call it a day". Surprised Tauren got a lot of options, maybe some dev is a secret Tauren fan.

Also allied races just got massively shafted, some of them already had very few customization options and now they fall behind standard races even more.
    Not all allied races; void elves have gotten basically every single new bloof elf option.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not all allied races; void elves have gotten basically every single new bloof elf option.
    Void elves only got blood elf skin options. Nothing else has transferred over.
    They were given new, unique eye colors.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Void elves only got blood elf skin options. Nothing else has transferred over.
    They were given new, unique eye colors.
    Skin colour, hairstyles, eye colours and the jewelry stuff to be exact. Which is more than any other allied race has gained so far.

A lot of the races feel underwhelming in what they've gotten so far, I have to say.

If they don't go balls to the wall with this, that's 1 selling point of the expansion not fulfilled.

Skin colour, hairstyles, eye colours and the jewelry stuff to be exact. Which is more than any other allied race has gained so far.
    Do you have a source that the void elves got anything other than the skin colors? The big high elf thread said they have gotten nothing except skin colors from blood elves as of last week.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a source that the void elves got anything other than the skin colors? The big high elf thread said they have gotten nothing except skin colors from blood elves as of last week.
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/void-...ns-shadowlands "We have a tonne of new customization options coming in Shadowlands for almost every race! Here's a quick summary of what we're getting for Void Elves:
    Eye Colours
    Skin Tones
    Hairstyles"

I was wrong about the jewelry stuff though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Many races haven't gotten much yet, and if you don't consider allied races, it seems to be directly proportionate to how popular they are.
    Can't really blame Blizzard for that, but I also hoped they'd try to use this to prop up some races that are less popular.
    At least Taurens got lots of love. Finally more hair options for females. 15 years of 3 hairstyles...

Last time I checked they had no new hairstyles than they already had.

EDIT: Logged into beta, don't see any new hairstyles except the mandatory bald "hairstyle" every race got.

But yeah, annoys me why void elves can get some options from belfs but HM Tauren don't get the extra options normal Tauren get, or LF Draenei don't get the extra options normal Draenei get, could add Mechagnomes too if not for the fact that normal Gnomes didn't get much, a few hairstyles, a few darker skin tones and new earring shapes (didn't check males, but I'd expect few new mustaches and nothing special).

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    A lot of the races feel underwhelming in what they've gotten so far, I have to say.

If they don't go balls to the wall with this, that's 1 selling point of the expansion not fulfilled.
    Yep, I guess it's another case of hype up the community then downscale the result from expectation. I fully expected being able to recreate forest troll or blood troll in the new customization, didn't happen.

Also when they said "42 new blood elf customization" I didn't expect half of them are eye colours...
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-08-09 at 01:55 PM.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/void-...ns-shadowlands "We have a tonne of new customization options coming in Shadowlands for almost every race! Here's a quick summary of what we're getting for Void Elves:
    Eye Colours
    Skin Tones
    Hairstyles"

I was wrong about the jewelry stuff though.
    Alright, thank you. I’m wrong. The void elves got one new hairstyle according to that guide; bald. The same hairstyle every other race got too. Giving void elves the blood elf skin tones is still way more than every other allied race, but it’s not much either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think is unfair to say that when Blizzard said that they are planning on adding more things for Allied race later but want to concentrate on the base race first.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, thank you. I’m wrong. The void elves got one new hairstyle according to that guide; bald. The same hairstyle every other race got too. Giving void elves the blood elf skin tones is still way more than every other allied race, but it’s not much either way.
    for the female only, as the Void Elves male already had that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I think is unfair to say that when Blizzard said that they are planning on adding more things for Allied race later but want to concentrate on the base race first.
    Yes, on one side it's unfair to expect anything for allied races when they explicitly said they aren't planning to add customizations to them. On the other hand it feels like a massive bait and switch when they introduced all the allied races not so long ago (basically end of Legion until halfway of BFA), I race changed few of my characters and now their looks and options are inferior to the main races.

Them saying they won't add anything to the allied races is a massive middle finger to people that rolled them, either levelled them for heritage armor or racechanged existing characters. Especially when few of these races are already recolours of existing races and with inferior racials to boot. Mag'har and Dark Iron come to my mind, Dark Iron racial is vastly inferior to normal Dwarf outside of pvp maybe, and Mag'har is fairly underwhelming too.

Quote Originally Posted by ElsaHosk View Post
    I just think they put a lot of effort into something a lot of people won't even notice. I have a full plate set over my character's body. These changes mean nada to someone like me.
    Right? I spend 99% of my time in-game in one of my many forms...I don't even get to see my gear, let alone my character customization. It's weird.

Logically speaking, worgen should be more popular than humans because of having two forms. They aren't because Blizzard does as much as they can to prevent that. They give worgen less options than humans have, they give them worse racials and so on.

This is intended. They decided to do allied races later when they are done with base races.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Orc Males are underwhelming? They're among some of the best, with Tauren, Night Elves and Humans.
    Orc males have a few new hair options, 3 tusks, a few new beards, eye color, a couple scars and grime, and a couple paints and tattoos.

Goblins can fully customize thier faces including chin and nose which imo is more important than a couple tattoos and warpaint.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Yes that's great I also saw something about Void Elf under garments, but is any race lacking customization compared to the rest currently? or does it appear they are finished adding things (not fixing bugs)
    Some are farther along than others, probably good enough for launch. Others have only barely been touched.

I'd categorize them something like this:

Launch Ready (3 pages of options including: complex hairstyle and facial features, customizable accessories, body markings, and wildcard options)
    • M/F night elves
    • M/F orcs
    • M/F tauren

Almost Finished (3 pages of options, some missing or lacking finer customization)
    • M/F dwarves
    • M/F draenei
    • M/F trolls
    • F blood elves

Getting There (2 pages of options, some incomplete or missing)
    • M/F humans
    • M/F undead
    • F pandaren
    • M/F Lightforged draenei
    • M/F mechagnome

Slightly Touched (incomplete, mainly just new skin, hair and eye colors and new hair styles)
    • M/F gnomes
    • M/F worgen
    • M blood elves
    • M/F goblins
    • M pandaren

As for the Allied Races, most have only gotten selectable eye colors. Void elves get blood elf skin colors (including blood elf underwear) and some new eye colors. Male Mag'har orcs actually got separated options for hair, facial hair, and sideburns, like normal orcs did. Nightborne, Dark Irons, and Lightforged haven't gotten customizable eye colors.

There are bugs with Nightborne and Lightforged tattoos. The way some of the human and Forsaken skin colors work with certain faces or decay options is buggy and weird. Demon Hunter tattoos break face textures.

The customization options for some races aren't correctly sorted or organized.