Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    This is such an immensely stupid response.

Just because something is doesn't mean it OUGHT to be.
    Yes, it ought to be. Let all DH players suffer for it was their class that destroyed the single best spec in the history of WoW (Demo warlock).

Also it is the class that should cater to new players that started with Legion. To overcomplicate it now would defeat the purpose of this class.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-08-09 at 06:46 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    rogues are even worse.
    The thread is already destroyed by this guy.
    Lets close this.. just a pointlesss qq thread.

Good job op.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was in every beta for the past few xpacs while I was still raiding due to the early raider invite waves as well as the alpha for BFA and I can tell you that you should still care about and give feedback about tuning.

Not that you shouldn't primarily focus on mechanics, but they tend to get a very rough estimate of where they want spells and specs over the course of alpha / beta and in my experience these things don't dramatically shift once they hit live. What typically happens is they try to reign in any outliers, but the relative position of spells and specs tends to stay where its at. Especially since legion where they seem to have gotten the order to minimize mid expansion changes.
    Oh absolutely give feedback through all stages, but throwing a tantrum on mmo-champ because the damage numbers aren't tuned this early in the beta is just silly. There's no comparison between bm hunters tuning and spriest gameplay before this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yes, it ought to be. Let all DH players suffer for it was their class that destroyed the single best spec in the history of WoW (Demo warlock).
    Demo was single best spec in the history? KEKW...

By the end of BRF it was a jumbled up mess of counter-intuitive nonsense and at times Chaos Wave. A spec that was a total soup of everything in a death by thousands cuts style with occasional bits of fun like Chaos Wave, when it applied.

Reminded me of Cataclysm Destruction spec, which was about the same bunch of spells, procs and debuffs loosely tied with a duct tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

By the end of BRF it was a jumbled up mess of counter-intuitive nonsense and at times Chaos Wave. A spec that was a total soup of everything in a death by thousands cuts style with occasional bits of fun like Chaos Wave, when it applied.

Reminded me of Cataclysm Destruction spec, which was about the same bunch of spells, procs and debuffs loosely tied with a duct tape.
    Well, I obviously meant MoP Demo. Over the course of WoD they dismantled Demo in preparation for Legion's DHs. They even stated, that they did not want players to play Demo at some point in WoD.

And I liked Cata Destru... Maybe because it was the first spec I actively raided with, but still

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The thread is already destroyed by this guy.
    Lets close this.. just a pointlesss qq thread.

Good job op.
    i qq where I want to qq

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Lots of people were all about mop / wod demo. I was not one of them, but it was much better than what we've had for these past 2 xpacs.

I would've preferred if they kept iterating on what the spec was mechanically even if the theme changed.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Well, I obviously meant MoP Demo. Over the course of WoD they dismantled Demo in preparation for Legion's DHs. They even stated, that they did not want players to play Demo at some point in WoD.

And I liked Cata Destru... Maybe because it was the first spec I actively raided with, but still
    Yeah MoP Demo was very fun. Cata destruction was awesome in terms of spells, but it wasn't ideal having Imp linked to Soulfire and requiring Soulfire to keep a damage buff up. Later destruction iterations make Havoc a big deal which I never really liked, and I still don't see it as a core part of destructions identity. It's just some weird gamey thing that doesn't belong thematically at all.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Yes. It's the downfall of letting rubes into the beta, you get a lot of noise from people crying about the wrong things.

Focus on how the spec *feels* to play now, focus on the numbers after you see the ptr patch notes primarily focused on balance tuning.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't like strawberry why would you order strawberry icecream and complain it's not pistachio?
    What is this even? By your logic balance druids have been strawberry, pistacchio, chocolate, hazelnut, cotton candy, and peanut butter. Which should they expect? Multiple specs have gone through different iterations, precisely because specs are not fixed and their design shifts according to player feedback.

And if the player feedback is that a spec is even more barebones than a frost DK because it was designed with a Legion artifact and a flawed mechanic like momentum+bloodletting snapshotting at the beginning to give it some extra depth, and both were removed either through or after Legion, then the players have every right to demand that the spec be fleshed out.

Just because some of you losers are such selfish cunts that you blame DH for the demise of demonology (which Blizzard has done multiple times even before DH came into the picture, because Blizzard can't do pet classes besides BM hunter) and want it to pay perennially by being a dumpster fire spec when not numerically overtuned doesn't mean an entire class should be abandoned.

Your petty kind are the very reason affliction and warlock survivability in general was thrashed for the entirety of BFA and why fucking shadowbolt is back while drain life got a visual revamp but became a useless button better left unbound and drain soul became a fucking talent.

Pure revenge based balancing and design based on a class's performance on a previous expansion. Design by envy and bitterness benefits no one.