Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    How would you know its crap if you didn't read it? Judging a book by its cover, are we? .
    it is well know that the book is crap, he don't rly need waste his time

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I still don't understand why people keep bringing up Arthas as a reason why the Forsaken should hate Calia. Is there not a memorial to King Terenas Menethil right at the entrance to Undercity, in which it is written that the father should not be held accountable for the actions of the son? If the answer is Yes, then in the same vein the Forsaken would not hold Calia accountable for the crimes of her brother.
    because arthas is the reason of why the forsaken are what they are, and since they calia didn't give a fuck about then, there is no a single reason to care about her, just because they hold Tereneas in some place don't mean it will extent to the person who gave up on then and gave up the right to rule, until she died and gained a quest from a outewordly source

Calia is the rightful queen of Lordaeron and final scion of the famous House Menethil, the family that ruled Lordaeron for over 3000 years. I thought the Forsaken prided themselves on being the true citizens of Lordaeron? I am sure they will welcome Calia Menethil.
    yeah it makes TOTAL sense that the forsaken would welcome the sister of arthas with open arms

Whether you love her or hate her, it sure seems like Blizzard is setting her up to replace Sylvanas to me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah it makes TOTAL sense that the forsaken would welcome the sister of arthas with open arms
    The first and only leader had two sister both trying to kill them and there whole faction. The forsaken have never been shown to hate the family as a whole for what arthas did they even kept things in favour of his father around.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The first and only leader had two sister both trying to kill them and there whole faction. The forsaken have never been shown to hate the family as a whole for what arthas did they even kept things in favour of his father around.
    its different with sylvanas family,she was there for the forsaken when they needed her,freed others and gave them back their home and a place to belong again,what her sisters did and support after is a very different order of events compared to arthas family

arthas family were leaders when they were all human and everything was normal,then he killed them all and doomed them to slavery and the fate of being rejected and seen as abominations by other humans including their own families

its much easier to be ok with one over the other,one helped them when they needed it most,the other put them in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It's not just animations. The Forsaken was a cult for Sylvanas pretty much. Their farewells are Victory for Sylvanas! and Dark Lady watch over you! She has her statue in Brill and it seems like 80% of Forsaken are mad scientist. All that has to go with Calia in charge.

As for rightous or not....that hardly has anything to do with it. Quite frankly the Forsaken don't fit the Horde either. Never did. As the name implies, they are a horde. A group of spiritual people connected by their shamanistic traditions. That works for Orcs, Tauren, Trolls and Ogres. The goblins are kinda different, but they have been providing the Horde with tech for decades. The Forsaken don't fit, and neither do the Blood Elves, for that matter. Even the Hojin Pandaren are closer to what the Horde actually is And lo and behold, they joined the Horde because they wanted to, not because they had to.
    There is no statue in brill. There is no brill. The alliance leveled it because it was on the way to undercity and they wanted to set up camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    How would you know its crap if you didn't read it? Judging a book by its cover, are we?

Tbth, it wasn't my favorite book, but reading the books AND playing the game provide all sorts of easter eggs that are completely lost on players who don't read the books. These little eggs provide a deeper immersion for an RP'r, more shit-eating grins for the casual quest readers and NPC enthusiasts, and just a more thoughtful story. Sapphronetta Flivvers the gnome, and her goblin boo forced into making azerite weapons and what happens to them, followed by their apperance in BfA was fucking great imo.

I know reading isn't cool etc, but idk smoke something or rip a few shots, kick your feet up and try to dive in, my guess you'll be on page 50 before you know it. Or asleep.
    The book ruined Forsaken for the pettiest reason (Golden couldnt be arsed to go through their quest zone to understand them, so she rewrote them) and interspecies romances are disgusting (again, something that Golden loves). So yes, book is garbage and anything she will ever write from this point on will carry that stigma.

And as for your "easter egg cheering"...

3+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna say that Calia should have been an Argent Dawn regent instead but then again any decent Argent Crusader should hate her for long absentia
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Why would the Forsaken welcome anyone bearing the name Menethil? Especially some fake light undead that knows nothing of what they have been through.
    Because they might think that Calia will be the ruler that will help them find their place in this world. Sylvanas wanted the Forsaken to be hopeless and miserable, only able to count on her and no one else. Calia is the exact opposite. So, despite her being happy friends asspull thrown to their faces, I think she's their chance to find a new path. However as many other saids, the transition of the Forsaken representation was not built well. We didn't see the Forsaken deal with Sylvanas' betrayal, nor their reaction to a quick replacement of who happens to be a Menethil.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    By that sense (?) then neither do any of the Undead. Shut up
    Why so rude?

Did you skip over this post entirely?

I still don't understand why people keep bringing up Arthas as a reason why the Forsaken should hate Calia. Is there not a memorial to King Terenas Menethil right at the entrance to Undercity, in which it is written that the father should not be held accountable for the actions of the son? If the answer is Yes, then in the same vein the Forsaken would not hold Calia accountable for the crimes of her brother.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    There is no statue in brill. There is no brill. The alliance leveled it because it was on the way to undercity and they wanted to set up camp.
    Ah yes, good point. Well that's one less thing to worry about. Buuuuut that still leaves all the voice files.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ya who cares if shes a Menethil. Lordaeron and its people were killed by her brother. There is no Lordaeron anymore, just the Forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

She's not undead, she's this fake lightforged crap undead.
    So undead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Because they might think that Calia will be the ruler that will help them find their place in this world. Sylvanas wanted the Forsaken to be hopeless and miserable, only able to count on her and no one else. Calia is the exact opposite. So, despite her being happy friends asspull thrown to their faces, I think she's their chance to find a new path. However as many other saids, the transition of the Forsaken representation was not built well. We didn't see the Forsaken deal with Sylvanas' betrayal, nor their reaction to a quick replacement of who happens to be a Menethil.

they don't need a new path, at least not the one the devs want, you could even say that bfa they choosing to abandon sylvanus and side with the horde was the new path already and they don't need a light human on then

forsaken are zombies, not peace loving misunderstood guys who want to protect the living, Blizzard is ruining the entirety of the horde fantasy making to be a red alliance, first was blood elves, then taurens, then orcs, now they are aiming the forsaken, damn, she doesn't even look like a forsaken, she is the "perfect" light, pure leader, to put the forsaken in the alliance/good path

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    So undead.
    she doesn't look like one, she look like a perfect and functional human being but lighforged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Calia vs Valeera. Who would make more sense on the Horde and who would make less sense on the Horde? If the choice was between both of them, which one would you prefer going Horde over the other?

How is any of this an analysis or a thought? You are just asking who would win and what faction would you prefer them. What?

She knows nothing of the forsaken, she doesn't even share their undeath, she has some strange jesus version of it.

As a character she is fine, I don't care that she exists, but unless they take some major plot turns with her character, she doesn't belong at the head of the Forsaken.

5+ Year Old Account
    the fate of being rejected and seen as abominations by other humans including their own families
    Dude, didn't you get the memo at BtS? The whole rift between undead and living humans was nothing but a misconception, which was talked out and solved in less than an hour at the Gathering. Now, even Genn is a-ok with walking zombies
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    "I am Alliance and I like it if others are boring just like my favourite faction!"

Do you honestly believe that now Forsaken will get any spotlight? They are going to be bland like Stormwind humans and current "writers" like Stormwind humans more than others anyway.
    They shouldn't get anymore spotlight, militant undead was never interesting. At least some exploration of domestic forsaken life would be a little bit novel.
    Last edited by shoc; 2020-08-22 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They shouldn't get anymore spotlight, militant undead was never interesting.
    Says someone who propably roleplays human paladin.

The fuck you know about something being interesting, you have a Kyrian as a profile picture, faction that is based on being condensed blandness.

Valeera being loyal to house Wrynn I'd say there's very little to tie her to the Horde. The sin'dorei never meant much of anything to her.

Calia is very loyal to her so-called subjects, so she might even go so far as to burn her friendly bridges to Anduin for their sake. Not that I hope her to, I really want someone/something else to lead the Forsaken than her. In my books, she's just a counselor, mending the hurt feelings and anguish individual Forsaken might feel after Sylvanas abandoned them.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?