10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean in what way?

I think hes a average president didn't keep any promises really but kicked the can down the road.
    He kicked off millions off healthcare, defunded the pandemic response team, recanted Obama’s criminal justice reform and added a 14% gap to individual tax payers, lowering corporate contributions to over all taxes. We have record breaking debt and more than double the unemployment, since Trump started. Unless you are a wallstreet tycoon, that can being kicked is ours.

Edit: Oh and by ours, I mean all Americans... am not shitting on costal or states that didn’t vote for Trump... I mean all of us...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I mean in what way?

I think hes a average president didn't keep any promises really but kicked the can down the road.
    Average?

Remember that time tens of millions of dollars disappeared from the inauguration that was the most expensive in history twice as expensive as Obama's despite being far smaller with far less famous people... and remember how the tax filings didn't line up? You think that's average?

You think it is "average" for a president to fight back against science say a virus with "disappear like magic" and then proceed to not give a damn that over 180k people died? Do average presidents have tens of rape claims? Caught on tape saying they just grab women by the pussy? Are average presidents caught up with Epstein, and wishing a child sex trafficker well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He kicked off millions off healthcare, defunded the pandemic response team, recanted Obama’s criminal justice reform and added a 14% gap to individual tax payers, lowering corporate contributions to over all taxes. We have record breaking debt and more than double the unemployment, since Trump started. Unless you are a wallstreet tycoon, that can being kicked is ours.

Edit: Oh and by ours, I mean all Americans... am not shitting on costal or states that didn’t vote for Trump... I mean all of us...
    I think by "average" he probably thinks "while male" therefore default good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Thank you... I was hoping the first reply to my post wouldn’t be about soup...

I’m a white male... you need to add idiot to it... Trump has fucked white males, maybe not as much as others, but there isn’t an asshole that Trump idiocy has spared. Idiots are the ones who think it’s just a UV flashlight saving them from covid...

You ever feel like you go way too deep into a metaphor and just can’t stop?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I mean in what way?

It turns out the average president is terrible, and Trump is somehow worse than that. I find that impressive.

Can't beat the Bush/Reagan/Nixon trio though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    It turns out the average president is terrible, and Trump is somehow worse than that. I find that impressive.

Can't beat the Bush/Reagan/Nixon trio though.
    Anyone saying average, wouldn’t watch this, but it proves them wrong:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not rewriting the law. I simply have a more nuanced understanding of it then you.
    Oh?

I never read it I told you I have been watching a live stream I just took the first of three results that seemed legit.
    I mean 8chan was mostly a extreme left leaning site
    I mean... I don't watch traditional media and I'm not from your country I watch live streams from said rioters...

You can't really accept that without type casting me in a you vs me epic struggle you Americans are so found of can you?
    Google
    minnesota riots

Started an hour ago. My proof is a live stream but it has a poor woman being made a widow in it via a drive by.
    You objectively do not have a more nuanced understanding of the law than Endus by virtue of the sources you admit you get your information from.

Stop lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Candidates aside I would support the Republicans over the Democrats who have perpetually allowed the rioting to get out of hand who's entire platform is mostly spent attacking the president instead of actually getting things done.

All I have seen from the Dems, and the left, has been nothing but vitriol.
    How have the Democrats allowed it to get out of hand? You saying the mayors of these cities are letting them run rampant? Because the cops on the streets say otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    How have the Democrats allowed it to get out of hand? You saying the mayors of these cities are letting them run rampant? Because the cops on the streets say otherwise.
    Friendly reminder that BLM started during the Obama years and it never got this bad.

Hint, Trumpsters: saying people are only upset because "TDS" or whatever is still an admission that Trump is the problem. Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Friendly reminder that BLM started during the Obama years and it never got this bad.

Hint, Trumpsters: saying people are only upset because "TDS" or whatever is still an admission that Trump is the problem. Rofl.
    Yeah, BLM didn't do anything like this during Obama, because Obama had a way of calming tensions between the people and authorities, and even sent in investigators of the problem areas, like Ferguson.

Yeah, BLM didn't do anything like this during Obama, because Obama had a way of calming tensions between the people and authorities, and even sent in investigators of the problem areas, like Ferguson.
    Didn't Obama also set up a federal program to help address these issues with the police too? I seem to recall someone getting rid of this within the last 3 years... Must've been Joe Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    Didn't Obama also set up a federal program to help address these issues with the police too? I seem to recall someone getting rid of this within the last 3 years... Must've been Joe Biden.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Trump got rid of it, he got rid of everything Obama that he can.

A Black man who was running naked in Rochester, N.Y., died of asphyxiation after police officers put a hood over his head, then pressed his face into the pavement for two minutes, according to video and records released by his family. https://t.co/wamIilEszL
    https://twitter.com/StarTribune/stat...428805121?s=19

Sorry local paper and paywalled.

So yes this happened in March 2020 but video just came out.

So far all the reading the person did have mental health problems, but to put a bag on his face and then into the ground.

I guess and I have read, but I see no authority or rule for putting a bag on a subdued person. Yes, you can say spitting or biting but never seen this tactic.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Average?

Remember that time tens of millions of dollars disappeared from the inauguration that was the most expensive in history twice as expensive as Obama's despite being far smaller with far less famous people... and remember how the tax filings didn't line up? You think that's average?

You think it is "average" for a president to fight back against science say a virus with "disappear like magic" and then proceed to not give a damn that over 180k people died? Do average presidents have tens of rape claims? Caught on tape saying they just grab women by the pussy? Are average presidents caught up with Epstein, and wishing a child sex trafficker well?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that is overall pretty average. Least he wasn't caught arming terrorists. I think people live in the moment and not to derail the thread but everything seems trying while your going through it.

The economy is kind of a lost cause for most of the west. We live in the delusion that we can rely on foreign imports and somehow offset this with a service industry. We can't... I expect the situation to grow more dire as time goes on and that isnt just an American problem. There are ways to solve it but they are bloody painful.

Yeah that is overall pretty average. Least he wasn't caught arming terrorists. I think people live in the moment and not to derail the thread but everything seems trying while your going through it.

The economy is kind of a lost cause for most of the west. We live in the delusion that we can rely on foreign imports and somehow offset this with a service industry. We can't... I expect the situation to grow more dire as time goes on and that isnt just an American problem. There are ways to solve it but they are bloody painful.
    Wait, what are you talking about arming terrorists? Who armed terrorists? If you say Obama, I am going to laugh in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oh?

You objectively do not have a more nuanced understanding of the law than Endus by virtue of the sources you admit you get your information from.

Stop lying.
    How would that be related ? This is akin to saying I like oranges so I must be a terrible driver. The things you are comparing are unrelated.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, what are you talking about arming terrorists? Who armed terrorists? If you say Obama, I am going to laugh in your face.
    Talking about the contras with Regan was curious to see if anyone would pick it up or not.

How would that be related ? This is akin to saying I like oranges so I must be a terrible driver. The things you are comparing are unrelated.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about the contras with Regan was curious to see if anyone would pick it up or not.
    I know people that think that Obama funded terrorists with money sent to Iran, even though it was their money, and we were going to lose a court case to send it to them. Some people are stupid that way.

But yes, Reagan did arm terrorists, he also slowed the hostage negotiations down, so he could beat Carter so he could win the presidency. Just another thing that should have landed him impeached and in prison for the rest of his life.

Actually they do, if an armed person is pointing their gun at you, and you did nothing wrong, you absolutely have a right to retaliate. That is actually a self defense move there as pointing a gun at someone for doing nothing wrong is ILLEGAL. Ask those dumbass St. Louis Lawyers that were shown at the RNC because they got arrested for pointing guns at BLM protesters.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, that is self defense. And he doesn't have the right to legally carry that weapon, in either state he was in. But even if he was 18 or any age above that, legally, ANYONE could disarm him if he is pointing his gun at people.
    Is there not some kind of notion of "right now" in self defense ? Because if you think you can disarm someone poiting his gun on you as self defense, shooting someone charging you while shouting at you is self defense as well. Your reasoning works both ways.

And I am not sure you have to wait to take the first punch to defend yourself (as punches can kill and you do not know where your opponent will stop). Is not the Jury role to decide if it is or not ?

But overall, this situation is very muddy and it is not as simple or clear cut as most ppl think it is.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-09-03 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Is there not some kind of notion of "right now" in self defense ? Because if you think you can disarm someone poiting his gun on you as self defense, shooting someone charging you while shouting at you is self defense as well. Your reasoning works both ways.

And I am not sure you have to wait to take the first punch to defend yourself (as punches can kill and you do not know where your opponent will stop). Is not the Jury role to decide if it is or not ?

But overall, this situation is very muddy and it is not as simple or clear cut as most ppl think it is.
    First off, you are thinking that the first time he pointed his gun at anyone was Rosenbaum. It wasn't. And if someone points their gun at you, unprovoked like Rittenhouse did, then that is aggravated assault with a deadly weapons. Which is a felony.

First off, you are thinking that the first time he pointed his gun at anyone was Rosenbaum. It wasn't. And if someone points their gun at you, unprovoked like Rittenhouse did, then that is aggravated assault with a deadly weapons. Which is a felony.
    Maybe, but once the guy starts running without firing, why pursue him while shouting : "shoot me, nigga !" ?

As I said, very muddy situation and it will be a complex case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, you've apparently ignored my post where I explained two things to you with sources, so your nuanced understanding of the law is actually just ignoring everything that doesn't fit your narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.