Quote Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
    I would pay money for the spelltome
    I imagine this will end up similar to the old Motorcycle event where there was a Horde and Allliance themed motorcycle that was voted on, the winning faction getting it for free. The Alliance bike was later added to a vendor in Stormwind.

These mounts will likely end up in the game one way or the other, whether that is through rares later in the expansion or through the shop is hard to tell though.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine this will end up similar to the old Motorcycle event where there was a Horde and Allliance themed motorcycle that was voted on, the winning faction getting it for free. The Alliance bike was later added to a vendor in Stormwind.

These mounts will likely end up in the game one way or the other, whether that is through rares later in the expansion or through the shop is hard to tell though.
    I wouldn't be so sure. They don't even seem have concept art for these, so the others might not even be made unless they run out of ideas or people complain alot.

The engineering nightmare that was the alliance bike did exist IRL at least.. for better or worse (mostly worse).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. They don't even seem have concept art for these, so the others might not even be made unless they run out of ideas or people complain alot.

The engineering nightmare that was the alliance bike did exist IRL at least.. for better or worse (mostly worse).
    Honestly, I hope they don't do that again if only cause it seems a bit silly and a bit of a waste. I was all for it back then but....meh
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Fuck trees, all my homies ride books.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

The developers would have to have a rough idea of how to make each of the mounts. Sure, it could be a random selection of 5 random things, but more likely they chose these 5 because they had a vague idea they would be making at least some of them, which means at the very last they have some concept art in store, which seems like a waste to throw away.

Jellycat and the spellbook seems especially likely to end up in the game regardless. Really only the caterpillar mount seems like something that could potentially be scrapped completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Honestly, I hope they don't do that again if only cause it seems a bit silly and a bit of a waste. I was all for it back then but....meh
    Why so?
    The most highly voted one becomes simultaneously free and a cool piece of unobtainable ingame memorabilia while the others becomes regular, if slightly unique, mounts.
    Seems to me like everyone wins.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2020-09-05 at 03:03 PM.

I bet the ancient mount will use an elemental skeleton with legs over the gronn/yeti skeleton. It makes more sense since the rider stands on the elemental and the gronn front arms don’t make sense for an ancient to walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I bet the ancient mount will use an elemental skeleton with legs over the gronn/yeti skeleton. It makes more sense since the rider stands on the elemental and the gronn front arms don’t make sense for an ancient to walk on.
    We already have an infernal skeleton, it is hunched over similar to the gronn but its arms doesnt hit the ground. It is currently the most likely candidate unless we just get a literal rideable ancient model.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    It's going to be a reskinned gronn/infernal mount but a tree.

Huge lore bomb just was found on Alpha, a book that implies the Nathrezim are an illuminati working for the Jailer above all else and have agents in every aspect of magic. It also implies Lothraxion is a traitor and a double agent so we may know what can bring on the drama with Turalyon.

Highly expecting a Nathreza patch with Malganis. Or it may feature in 10.0.

To our most wondrous and resplendent Master,

I am pleased to state that, after a lengthy study of our rivals, I have completed my observations.

Please accept this briefing in advance of my complete report, which shall follow forthwith.
    We anticipate that certain of our targets will be more challenging to topple than others. But each is prone to manipulation in different ways, and our agents have already woven themselves into their very fabric.

This is, after all, the solemn duty for which you sired us. As you are fond of saying: Once a desire is understood, it can be exploited.

Enough prologue. Allow me to summarize our findings.
    In many ways, the titans will be the easiest to manipulate. Their singular goal is to impose structure upon everything they see.

Show them a force that opposes their drive for Order, and they will be consumed by their urge to eradicate it.

Their pantheon, so seemingly united in purpose, is vulnerable to fracturing.
    The void lords all but welcome us with open arms. They are so preoccupied with their thousand truths that they ignore the lies we sow in their very midst.

I believe we can leverage their vast reach to position them as a foil against our other rivals.

We remain wary, though. Since they are observant of multiple outcomes, it is conceivable they could anticipate our coming.
    Similar to the titans, the naaru and their keepers are singular in purpose. Their adherence to a linear path is an obvious shortcoming.

They savor nothing more than being proved right, so if they believe they have converted one of us to their precious Light, they will trust that agent implicitly.
    The adherents to Life are the most insidious of opponents, perhaps because their nature is so antithetical to our own.

Still, we learned much from observing the link between their plane and Ardenweald, and we have high confidence that a vulnerability has been identified.

Our operative has already gained the trust of her target.
    And as previously discussed, our position within the plane of Disorder is proceeding flawlessly. Consuming fel energy is not a pleasant process, but a necessary one.

The deception you have architected will bear fruit in the ages to come.
    As ever, we shall serve as your unseen hand. We will poison every host foolish enough to invite us into their midst.

I remain, as always, your faithful servant.
    So yeah....I feel like this confirms some theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Huge lore bomb just was found on Alpha, a book that implies the Nathrezim are an illuminati working for the Jailer above all else and have agents in every aspect of magic. It also implies Lothraxion is a traitor and a double agent so we may know what can bring on the drama with Turalyon.

Highly expecting a Nathreza patch with Malganis. Or it may feature in 10.0.
    If it is true thats crazy and one can hope the Alliance sees through it. Crazy stuff though. I doubt it'll feature in 10.0 makes no sense if the Jailer is defeated by then.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-09-05 at 06:35 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If it is true thats crazy and one can hope the Alliance sees through it. Crazy stuff though. I doubt it'll feature in 10.0 makes no sense if the Jailer is defeated by then.
    I can see them continuing to be a threat, especially with both Malganis and Lothraxion being connected to the Light, the Scarlets/Lordaeron and the Army of the Light respectively even if the Jailer gets axed. Lots of implications that stuff is going down in the EK next expansion.

I don't think this is going to get a significant payoff in Shadowlands, maybe not even in 10.0. I have pointed out before, and I think it bears repeating that Blizzard has a seeming habit of seeding expansion ideas 2 expansions in advance. Legion returnign discussed in MoP, Faction war hints in WoD, Shadowlands in Legion etc.

10.0 will still likely be dragons, seeing as that has been heavily hinted in BfA, and still somewhat prominently features in Shadowlands.

I don't think this is going to get a significant payoff in Shadowlands, maybe not even in 10.0. I have pointed out before, and I think it bears repeating that Blizzard has a seeming habit of seeding expansion ideas 2 expansions in advance. Legion returnign discussed in MoP, Faction war hints in WoD, Shadowlands in Legion etc.

10.0 will still likely be dragons, seeing as that has been heavily hinted in BfA, and still somewhat prominently features in Shadowlands.
    I don't think we're looking at the seeds for next expansion either but I definitely think this is going to set the path for how SL and the next expansion are going to flow.

I agree that dragons are likely to play a part, especially if they go with a Cata 2 theme, but I don't think it's just going to be dragons. They are building up a Light war of sorts on EK and the only thing pointing to dragons is Dragon Isles getting a namedrop/Galakrond kinda sorta being shown for the first time (without a unique model).

I think it's very likely that they may do it Cata style with new quests in the old world (Light stuff on EK, Void stuff on Kalimdor: Azshara and elements) and then the Dragon Isles at max level. I just think they set up more Light War stuff in BFA and now SL than they have dragons though I do think they are all getting an update.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Dreadlords are playing 10D chess with the cosmos.

... literally.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I agree that dragons are likely to play a part, especially if they go with a Cata 2 theme, but I don't think it's just going to be dragons. They are building up a Light war of sorts on EK and the only thing pointing to dragons is Dragon Isles getting a namedrop/Galakrond kinda sorta being shown for the first time (without a unique model).

I think it's very likely that they may do it Cata style with new quests in the old world (Light stuff on EK, Void stuff on Kalimdor: Azshara and elements) and then the Dragon Isles at max level. I just think they set up more Light War stuff in BFA and now SL than they have dragons though I do think they are all getting an update.
    Just dragons is probably too anemic, I agree. However I am just pointing out that every single runup to release I have followed has been dominated by talks of the new hot hints introduced in the latest expansion, for the 2019 Blizzcon Dragons were all the rage for instance, but instead we got Shadowlands. And I feel confident the same will happen again.

Just dragons is probably too anemic, I agree. However I am just pointing out that every single runup to release I have followed has been dominated by talks of the new hot hints introduced in the latest expansion, for the 2019 Blizzcon Dragons were all the rage for instance, but instead we got Shadowlands. And I feel confident the same will happen again.
    Eh, people on here including myself were saying 10.0 would be Death and/or Dragons, they just went with 100% Death instead of incorporating dragons into the plot. There's still a chance the Infinite or Galakrond may pop up but I think it's slim.

Dragons are definitely going to be featured in an expansion, likely the Cata 2 expansion, but I can absolutely see them NOT being the theme of an expansion. Even Cata was more elemental themed than Dragon themed.

I'm expecting 10.0 will be Light and Void attacking Azeroth with the Dragons being the neutral heroes that encourage faction neutrality and cooperation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uh, Dreadlords? So we learn that an inherently scheming and duplicitous race is scheming and duplicitous some more?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uh, Dreadlords? So we learn that an inherently scheming and duplicitous race is scheming and duplicitous some more?
    Its the context of that manipulation that makes it "HOLY SHIT." Assuming that book is true.

Warrior-Magi