Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    See, that's you being wrong and also making the only argument that ever comes up about why this is TOTALLY a bad event that TOTALLY needs to be castrated. "Oh no, i could be killed once while standing in a city." No. That's not what this is and its not what this ever was. During the last event, people of both factions played together with the sole intention to just infect the world, because that was something silly and different for once. The Atmosphere was definitely less hostile than any of those people are who put in level 53 cloth pants for 580 Gold, because its red.

If you really are that desperate to check your bank within a city and find the choice of your laziness to be Orgrimmar or Stormwind: Sucks to be you. But otherwise there are great news: There are more banks in this game than im sure you think of right now when you read this and at no point during the last time this happend was there no way to do your boring-everyday-slog. There are even more Banks for you to be AFK in, so dont you worry one bit.

Bickering aside... Of course people will be involved in it and of course its an annoyance to be harassed to some degree, but nothing you can say can convince me there is anything that really needs doing that has to be done exactly then, 4 weeks before the end of the expansion that warrants ruining the event. When this patch hits, you won't really be doing raids anymore since most of the achievments will be removed and whatever you still need... I mean... you probably should have done better in whatever you do if you needed this much time in WoW's longest expansion, no offense. And i would ask you to look at this game and Blizzards actions properly if you really think the "annoying fellow customers" is an argument to make.

I think you are whiny, if you can't survive this bit of interruption which will likely only last two weeks at most without bawling your eyes out. And in turn for that tiniest piece of mind, the Event which was fun for most people considering its reputation by those that *actually* played back then... is turned into just another failed event that gives nothing, does nothing and turns into an entirely worthless thing that isn't memorable to anyone with a bunch of passive mobs, doing what most of the people complaining about the mere threat do: Standing around AFK till triggered.

I don't want to spoil anybodies fun in the game. But people like you ruined this for everyone who was looking forward to a bit of a fun zombie apocalypse nonsense. For something that is dumb fun unlike 90% of this expansion. It won't be coming back this time because of you and you won't get a chance to experience again.

Unlike whatever boring bullshit you think is so fucking important that this supposedly ruined the game for you.

I hope that brought some light into the issue for you and every other narcissistic prick who red it.
    It appears from your verbose, low content rant that you are yet to grasp the concept that the World [of Warcraft] does not revolve around you.

You'll still be able to play with people from both factions and infect the world except this time you will not be able to ruin the experience(s) of others.

So what if I or any player wants to check their bank? This is a perfectly valid in game activity and if someone enjoys it then more power to them. I don't have to justify to you or anyone else what I might enjoy in game nor is it my place to decide what other players are allowed to enjoy.

I haven't ruined anything. I've simply supported Blizzard's decision to offer a solution that suits most players.

Ultimately I don't have to suck anything up, unlike you I'm happy with what Blizzard decided to do. If the rewards are decent enough I will turn War Mode on, complete the pre-patch quest, then turn it off half-an-hour later and then forget about it whilst you continue get upset that no-one cares that you've turned the auctioneers into zombies for 15th time that day.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It appears from your verbose, low content rant that you are yet to grasp the concept that the World [of Warcraft] does not revolve around you.
    Yes. I am the one who has that issue, while you keep going on about how it ruins your everyday. How dare anyone to have fun and ask of you, the almighty, to swallow your tears for the sake of a few days of celebration, entirely unable to sympathize with anyone who is disappointed in this or even to vaguely attempt to understand anything but the reason you made up yourself.

By the way. I hope you are self aware enough to notice your own hypocrisy here, Mr. 'DONT RUIN MY FUN'.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I hope they remove the ghouls cap, it was nice to have a lot of ghouls around.

I also hope they take off the need for Warmode, and only make that apply inside cities.
    The ghoul cap was put in place due to the immense server lag that was being caused. They don't want realms being unplayable because nobody can move or even crash.

Yes. I am the one who has that issue, while you keep going on about how it ruins your everyday. How dare anyone to have fun and ask of you, the almighty, to swallow your tears for the sake of a few days of celebration, entirely unable to sympathize with anyone who is disappointed in this or even to vaguely attempt to understand anything but the reason you made up yourself.

By the way. I hope you are self aware enough to notice your own hypocrisy here, Mr. 'DONT RUIN MY FUN'.
    I haven't once said that it ruins my everyday. I am quite happy for people to enjoy the event and, unlike you, I am pleased that Blizzard have found a solution that allows those who will enjoy it to do so whilst allowing those who don't the option to not to participate.

I haven't made anything up. Your entire argument is based on the premise that game should revolve around you and players who do not enjoy the event should have it forced upon them so as you can enjoy it. You don't seem to be able to grasp the concept that players are paying customers and that allowing the enjoyment of some customers to come at the expense of other customers' enjoyment is simply not going to work - it didn't work in 2008 and it won't work today.

I am not sure if it is possible to recognise my hypocrisy in something you've made up but whatever.

Blizzard have listened to players' concerns from both sides of the argument and, unfortunately for you, they've decided that the concerns from those who don't enjoy it are valid and have acted accordingly. You can whine all you like and continue to lie about what I've written but it's not going to make much difference.

I have a solution for you. Turn Warmode on. Your fun isn't ruined. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    But I am not complaining, you are. You are the one scared of the event disruption. I am happy and waiting to replay one of the best events. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with your replies. I am VERY excited for the event. Please keep your complaints to yourself or to blizzard just don't bother me ok?
    Excvept you ahve been complaining this entire thread about how the event is ruined when all you ahve to do is turn warmode on and you can have your event to your heart's content. You are the one personally attacking others because they do not wish to take part in your precious event. You have the ability to play your event already. Stop whining because people are allowed to opt-out. It's childish.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really struggling to see your issue with Blizzard's solution. They've made event available to those who will enjoy it, they've give those that don't option to opt out and, based on the information in your post, they've even offered an incentive for those who would normally avoid it to get involved.

What more do you want?
    He wants to grief those that don't want to play until they whisper him with swear words and rage quit by logging off. Can't do that when you are only playing with the willing.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I have a solution for you. Turn Warmode on. Your fun isn't ruined. Problem solved.
    The thing is, that more was changed but the Warmode. The Zombies are turned passive, the number has been diminished and therefor it simply can't be the same as it was back during WotLK. Solution ... only if you don't know anything about the event. The Event is still ruined. Nothing was solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Incoherent argumentation.
    Let me sum this up and end it. At this point, you made this what's called a prestige argument and argue for the sake of arguing. You applauded Blizzard two times in that post alone, like Blizzards decision is any indication of whats correct and what is not (See everything BFA for clarification) and then explain to me ...again... how enjoyment shouldn't come from ruining other peoples enjoyment, even tho this is exactly what happened, is the main cause for my frustration, but because it didn't happen to your detriment, you don't understand the problem and i don't have the crayons to put in the effort anymore. Maybe you remember your stance when they break something you enjoy next time, for the sake of the people complaining without any reason to do so. Have a "nice" day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I see the gankers are still whining that they won't be able to kill a whole bunch of people who have no interest in being killed for an event.

<Yawn> If you want to kill people with your ghouls, Warmode is --> that way. Still works, you can still have your event, you just won't be able to kill people who have no interest in participating in the event.
    <Yawn> You have not played that event. Neither on PTR nor back when. Or you have not red the Patch.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2020-09-05 at 10:01 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Let me sum this up and end it. At this point, you made this what's called a prestige argument and argue for the sake of arguing. You applauded Blizzard two times in that post alone, like Blizzards decision is any indication of whats correct and what is not (See everything BFA for clarification) and then explain to me ...again... how enjoyment shouldn't come from ruining other peoples enjoyment, even tho this is exactly what happened, is the main cause for my frustration, but because it didn't happen to your detriment, you don't understand the problem and i don't have the crayons to put in the effort anymore. Maybe you remember your stance when they break something you enjoy next time, for the sake of the people complaining without any reason to do so. Have a "nice" day.
    The event is still intact for those who wish to enjoy it - why do you continue to ignore this?

Turn War Mode on and you will be able immerse yourself in all the zombie goodness! You'll be able yell "BRAAAAIIIINNNNSSS" with the other faction 'til your little hearts are content, the world will tremble in fear as you and your fellow zombie army bring terror to an untold number of NPCs when you turn to zombies (quest givers, auctioneers, vendors - none of them will be safe!) and to top it off there is no risk that your enjoyment will be cut short by complaints like last time - it'll be great!

The difference is that this time you can't force any of this upon unwilling participants. If this is the difference between the event being enjoyable or ruined for you... well... then, I guess, you're shit outta luck because no-one, including Blizzard, really cares.

The thing is, that more was changed but the Warmode. The Zombies are turned passive, the number has been diminished and therefor it simply can't be the same as it was back during WotLK. Solution ... only if you don't know anything about the event. The Event is still ruined. Nothing was solved.
    The number was diminished for technical reasons. The realms were becoming unplayable with all the lag.The zombies are only passive with WM off. If you turn WM on, everything works as it did before the changes. Nothing is ruined except your ability to grief other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems kind of pointless to even have it now. I mean if ya'll can't take a week off from the video game grind to enjoy some random mayhem... why are you even playing it?

Like with the scourge invasion, this is one of those events that's better the more people you have doing it. And the comparison to "ganking" is not accurate, considering that you can easily fight back against the zombies and prevent yourself from being turned, unlike ganking wherein the entire interaction is one-sided. I remember players making valiant stands against the ghouls in the WotLK prepatch and fighting to take back parts of the cities and cool, memorable stuff like that that will stick with me more than whatever trivial nonsense I might have achieved in a week before the wotlk expansion launch if it had been zombie-free.

They should at the very least offer rewards for particpating in fighitng/being ghouls.

Holy fuck! The amount of cry babies in this thread is insane. WoW is a MMORPG rich with lore yet you little pricks are crying over a temporary event that only happens in two cities?

Newsflash: You can go elsewhere to sit on your mount AFK and leveling doesn’t require ever visiting a city. Blizzard was trying to show how dire the situation is in the game and the minority LFG babies had to ruin it.

Ganking has nothing to do with it. Anyone with kids will understand this..... getting them to try new things is often like pulling teeth. But once they do they usually love it.

No one is going to turn WM on to participate when they are given a choice even though they’d probably love it. Most wow players are like children - they’ll take the easy way out if said option is available.

They should have taken steps to lessen the burden on servers and nothing more. Let the pussies go elsewhere if they don’t like a game wide special event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I've been playing with warmode off on PTR at the moment (no beta), and I like how they did it. It's obvious there's ghoul-mayhem afoot, because there are bodies scattered around, but it's not interfering with me. Don't open the poisonous crates, though!

Obviously, for those who want it, there is an event going on. If the only thing 'ruining' it for some people on this thread is that everyone isn't forced into being killed by the ghouls, then, well, that's too bad, so sad, isn't it.

There's a reason gankers don't like warmode, isn't there? Because they can't pick on the unwilling. Same for the event. Well done, Blizzard.
    Exactly. It is a logical compromise they made after watching how the PTR was going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Holy fuck! The amount of cry babies in this thread is insane. WoW is a MMORPG rich with lore yet you little pricks are crying over a temporary event that only happens in two cities?

Newsflash: You can go elsewhere to sit on your mount AFK and leveling doesn’t require ever visiting a city. Blizzard was trying to show how dire the situation is in the game and the minority LFG babies had to ruin it.

Ganking has nothing to do with it. Anyone with kids will understand this..... getting them to try new things is often like pulling teeth. But once they do they usually love it.

No one is going to turn WM on to participate when they are given a choice even though they’d probably love it. Most wow players are like children - they’ll take the easy way out if said option is available.

They should have taken steps to lessen the burden on servers and nothing more. Let the pussies go elsewhere if they don’t like a game wide special event.
    The only one crying right now is you.

If people want to partake int he event, they will turn on Warmode. You will have your precious event. Second, newflash: You can take that anywhere in the game and players were. So, this "elsewhere" you talk about does not exist and this ceratinaly will not exist in just two cities. Also, people don't just level. There are many other things that are interrupted as well that do require being in the city. Finally, people who don't want to partake in the event do have a place to go by turning Warmode off. You can urn Warmode on and never see those that do not wish to participate.

You are just mad because you will not be able to pick on the unwilling and cause them to rage quit.

p.s. I tried the event in Wrath, hated it because of you griefers. Glad I won't have to deal with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seems kind of pointless to even have it now. I mean if ya'll can't take a week off from the video game grind to enjoy some random mayhem... why are you even playing it?

Like with the scourge invasion, this is one of those events that's better the more people you have doing it. And the comparison to "ganking" is not accurate, considering that you can easily fight back against the zombies and prevent yourself from being turned, unlike ganking wherein the entire interaction is one-sided. I remember players making valiant stands against the ghouls in the WotLK prepatch and fighting to take back parts of the cities and cool, memorable stuff like that that will stick with me more than whatever trivial nonsense I might have achieved in a week before the wotlk expansion launch if it had been zombie-free.

They should at the very least offer rewards for particpating in fighitng/being ghouls.
    Forcing players to partake in something they don't want to is bad for the game. It isn't better when half of the people are mad because they can't do what they want to do.

Don't tell people how to play the game. They can play the game hoever they want and play what ever content in the game they want. Stop acting like how you play is the only way the game should be played

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post

Forcing players to partake in something they don't want to is bad for the game. It isn't better when half of the people are mad because they can't do what they want to do.

Don't tell people how to play the game. They can play the game hoever they want and play what ever content in the game they want. Stop acting like how you play is the only way the game should be played
    Yeah, and normally I'd agree, but... it's like one week of the game. Chillax.

Besides, that argument really falls flat when you consider that Blizzard has caved to people that don't like flying and have gimped four whole expansions that way simply because "those people don't like that other people can fly."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah, and normally I'd agree, but... it's like one week of the game. Chillax.

Besides, that argument really falls flat when you consider that Blizzard has caved to people that don't like flying and have gimped four whole expansions that way simply because "those people don't like that other people can fly."
    Peoplel were actively quitting the game because there was no flying. That is what got Blizzard to act. NOt remotely the same situation.

Blizzard obviously saw what was happening on PTR and adjusted accordingly. You are still getting your precious event. People choosing not to partake will not effect you. The ONLY reason ANYONE is whining is because they cannot grief the unwilling. Period.