Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Even if he isnt redeemed I think this one has kinda locked itself into a position where it doesnt have much choice but to show where Garrosh is, even if just to show that he is still being tortured for his sins.
    Exactly, I also believe its just that they havent forgot him..
    I do see some quest hsppening in the future, but thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    it's rubbish. I thought it would be cinematic, the whole intro has no cinematic, Jaina and Thrall, Sylvanas and Anduin, Baine and Jailer and final fight,
    all this shit cutscene.
    Yea these ingame cutscenes are done by internships for sure.. they realy suck.. always do.

Immersion breaks everytime when they do things like that with these wooden animations.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    How would they fix it? Have ot attatched to the back magically hovering a foot behind the spine? No thank u. If u have gear that clips u can pick different gear. U can hide every slot and there are a hundred items in each slot per armor class
    Aren't these literal magical daggers flying behind you? I don't see the issue of them hovering behind the character for some reason.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And how hair genetics work, since neither parent actually needs to be blonde, just have the genes.
    Eh, I don't think writers really care about genetics. Vast majority of cases in works of fantasy, offspring inherits one of the parents hair and traits.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-09-18 at 04:18 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    How would they fix it? Have ot attatched to the back magically hovering a foot behind the spine? No thank u. If u have gear that clips u can pick different gear. U can hide every slot and there are a hundred items in each slot per armor class
    The problem is that the back attachments were meant to go with the Covenant Armour, yet they clipp through it, which is just as bad as female bloodelfs' heritage armour shoulders clipping through her chest ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The Ardenweald campaign ending (at least for first patch) is up on youtube. It looks like you kind of put an end to the Drust invasions, not much set up for a patch zone or threat, but DEFINITELY set up for later questlines like Voljin and Night Warrior stuff.

I wonder if Venthyr will shift gears into dealing with Garrosh in their next questline or if he really was just a cameo. Considering Thrall I’m not sure.

But yeah aside from wherever the Devourers come and the Broker world (could be the same place) there really isn’t much foreshadowing for a patch zone, raid or dungeon in SL. It’s likely going to be a surprise what comes before the Maw, but what comes AFTER the Maw (as Jailer will probably bust out) is increasingly looking like Nathreza or somewhere similar.

I wouldn't be surprised if they retcon Nathreza to being in the Shadowlands or the Maw itself honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they retcon Nathreza to being in the Shadowlands or the Maw itself honestly.
    I think they will leave it in the Nether, but there is a very equal chance that Nathreza is not their original homeworld (see Nathria: they may just name stuff after them).

But they may just use it as the “the Jailers out of the Shadowlands go stop him!!” big deal and keep it in the Nether. Given the map it doesn’t look like there’s going to be that many new zones IN the actual Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Eh, I don't think writers really care about genetics. Vast majority of cases in works of fantasy, offspring inherits one of the parents hair and traits.
    Not talking about the writers. The readers for some reason keep assuming dark haired people can't have light haired children, when genetics means it's the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    But they may just use it as the “the Jailers out of the Shadowlands go stop him!!” big deal and keep it in the Nether. Given the map it doesn’t look like there’s going to be that many new zones IN the actual Shadowlands.
    The map really doesn't stop them there. There's plenty of free space.

Yeah, you have to wonder why though. I guess one possibility is that external power has patched up the holes in classes for so long that the devs have not, or realized too late how poor some of the base classes really are.
    I guess it could backfire and cause outcries of the game being rushed, but personally I would really like a blue post on whether the devs realize the problems some have with the classes and whether they intend to fix them. Some changes will eventually come, I am sure, even Legion had massive changes to MM hunter and Feral druid in the middle of the expansion, so it isnt out of the question.
    It will come, but at what cost? BfA was received so poorly because while it was live they had to fix all the stuff that wasn't working from the beginning. I think this drained a lot of resources and creativity out of them. Now if it's happening again in Shadowlands, I don't want to imagine how bleak the content patches might be.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Man, how great would that be if we get all these story leads that Arthas is getting a redemption arc.

We finally rescue him and what's the first thing he does? Proves he was just an evil unrepentant asshole all along.
    i mean from the book yeah
    like he was a dick before getting the sword and right after getting it he decided to leave his best friend for dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    i mean from the book yeah
    like he was a dick before getting the sword and right after getting it he decided to leave his best friend for dead.
    Harsh situations pushed him to being a dick not cause he was always some evil asshole.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I guess the moment of truth when we learn when the pre-patch will release is this Tuesday. 1-week notice is not completely unheard of, and even without it I cannot see the pre-pathc being shorter than 3 weeks if they want 1 week of only class changes and behind the scenes updates.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I guess the moment of truth when we learn when the pre-patch will release is this Tuesday. 1-week notice is not completely unheard of, and even without it I cannot see the pre-pathc being shorter than 3 weeks if they want 1 week of only class changes and behind the scenes updates.
    They gave 13 days notice for the end of the pvp season in Legion (announced on the Thurs before) and in WoD it was 12 days (the Friday before), but prior to that I thought it was mostly 2 weeks. Guess we'll find out in the next few days. If no announcement before next Tues... I dunno which is more likely, 1 week notice to end of PvP season or pushing back pre-patch launch a week, leaving us with just a 3-week pre-launch period.

- Pushing back SL seems like a non-starter since it was publicly announced and all.
    - 3 weeks of pre-launch has never been done (in 7 expansions, they've done 8 weeks once, 6 weeks twice, and 4 weeks four times), but the pre-launch event is only 2 weeks, so... maybe?
    - I would have thought just 1 week notice for the end of PvP season would be a problem, but I haven't been big into PvP in years so I don't really know if that's still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathblood View Post
    They gave 13 days notice for the end of the pvp season in Legion (announced on the Thurs before) and in WoD it was 12 days (the Friday before), but prior to that I thought it was mostly 2 weeks. Guess we'll find out in the next few days. If no announcement before next Tues... I dunno which is more likely, 1 week notice to end of PvP season or pushing back pre-patch launch a week, leaving us with just a 3-week pre-launch period.

- Pushing back SL seems like a non-starter since it was publicly announced and all.
    - 3 weeks of pre-launch has never been done (in 7 expansions, they've done 8 weeks once, 6 weeks twice, and 4 weeks four times), but the pre-launch event is only 2 weeks, so... maybe?
    - I would have thought just 1 week notice for the end of PvP season would be a problem, but I haven't been big into PvP in years so I don't really know if that's still the case.
    This current season is kinda a mess with all the corruption BS I think just giving a week notice is probably fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    This current season is kinda a mess with all the corruption BS I think just giving a week notice is probably fine.
    Yeah, I think so as well. They also have warned enough that the end of the expansion is incomming, not to mention it probably already lasted longer due to being the last patch.

That being said, I also don't think the prepatch has enough meat on it's bones to last longer than 2 weeks either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I wonder if Venthyr will shift gears into dealing with Garrosh in their next questline or if he really was just a cameo. Considering Thrall I’m not sure.
    I mean Thrall's focus is obviously going to be his mother with Vol'jin on the side. He's gonna be pretty busy as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Harsh situations pushed him to being a dick not cause he was always some evil asshole.
    What harsh situation made him an entitled and impatient brat that wanted to flaunt his power??

He was a dick before the sword

- - - Updated - - -

After getting back on the beta I feel like something bad happened that pushed them behind

Like they are now having to fix some big problem that occurred

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    What harsh situation made him an entitled and impatient brat that wanted to flaunt his power??

He was a dick before the sword
    Yea, he was a bit of a brat and a dick, but he wasn't really evil. He did have redeeming qualitites before the whole Scourge stuff unbalanced him and Mal'ganis exploited his weaknesses. Stratholme broke him, I mean at first he fully acknowledged that what he was doing was evil, even though he thought it was absolutely necessary. He went off the rails after that and his talk with Mal'ganis sealed the deal. Before the sword, yes. But before Stratholme I thought he could have been made into a good king with a bit more time, guidance and patience. You know, learning from mistakes and all that. Maybe even after Stratholme, had there not been a dreadlord leading him on.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yea, he was a bit of a brat and a dick, but he wasn't really evil. He did have redeeming qualitites before the whole Scourge stuff unbalanced him and Mal'ganis exploited his weaknesses. Stratholme broke him, I mean at first he fully acknowledged that what he was doing was evil, even though he thought it was absolutely necessary. He went off the rails after that and his talk with Mal'ganis sealed the deal. Before the sword, yes. But before Stratholme I thought he could have been made into a good king with a bit more time, guidance and patience. You know, learning from mistakes and all that. Maybe even after Stratholme, had there not been a dreadlord leading him on.
    Well i think they mean

Exactly what u said. He had some aerious personality flaws which made him vulnerable to getting uo his own butt.

Its like garrosh. He had a million and 1 opportunities to stop but he CHOSE not to.

Ppl without big egos, those who dont respond to anger with violence, those who lying doesnt come second nature are harder to turn dark.

Exanple. He could have purged stratholme but been repentent about it. But he was all "only my opinion matters . Only my point of view is the truth and if u get in my way i will push u aside".

He wasnt evil but u dont come out the womb evil. U statt by being a jerk. Thats the whole point of arthas story is its suppose to be tragic. He had every opportunity to stop but each time he weighed the consequences and decided HIS MISSION what HE thought was right was thr only way
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Its like garrosh. He had a million and 1 opportunities to stop but he CHOSE not to.
    Garrosh has no god damn excuse, his character arc isn't like Arthas. Garrosh still had his soul when he started doing the real bad stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi