Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    the obvious fix is to make it a 100% chance to give an item, but not as often. say one every 2 weeks.

there has to be some form of bad luck protection.

imagine being the only hunter in your guild and having bad luck on weapon drops. got a feeling that sort of situation is going to be awfully common. did hear something about the return of tokens though, so maybe if they add weapon tokens.
    There will be tokens for weapons from raid. But weapons aside, there will be less loot and smaller loot tables in Shadowlands. Removing bonus roll is not punishing anyone with bad luck, it's the opposite. It's punishing those with unfair luck. Also having loot tables smaller (and no duplicates in one chest) means that the rng will be a lot better than with M+ chest in BfA for comparison. It's also worth noting that gearing changes in general in SL. Blizzard wants everyone to gear slower. You won't get your BiS items as fast as you did in BfA, but nobody will, so the playing field is even.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Small brains think this is good. You now have less of a chance to get that item you want. One shot a week. Bad luck people will not see that item they want ever.
    Then get the next best item. Chasing BiS items should take more than a few resets. Small brains think that a game that rains loot is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The loot table size isn't getting smaller though?

Like, currently on live is probably the smallest loot size we'll see, with no neck or backs dropping because of the heart of Azeroth and the legendary cape.

There's no such system in Shadowlands, so necks and backs will be back in the loot pool for raids, meaning there's going to be more loot from the raids to dilute the loot pool.
    Well, there are no azerite powers so you don't have many different version of the same item with just different powers, and afaik set bonuses are not returning? So overall it's less items around. Plus, with the diminishing return in stat scaling i can see different classes going for the same pieces.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, there are no azerite powers so you don't have many different version of the same item with just different powers, and afaik set bonuses are not returning? So overall it's less items around. Plus, with the diminishing return in stat scaling i can see different classes going for the same pieces.
    They'll just have two helms with different stats instead though.

The only thing cutting down on gear drops in a way is the tokens for weapons, but it's just mostly replacing the weapon drop

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how people react when, over and over, they get no loot in liue of getting loot they can't use. Personally, I prefer getting loot more regularly. I don't care if it is often not bis. I like seeing a regular reward even if its not bis. However, I get that that can be frustrating to other players. Going to be interesting to see how things fall out over the next couple months.
    This, you never get it right for everyone. All the Loot Drama is player made in my Opinion, because many players just look for something to complain.

The only thing cutting down on gear drops in a way is the tokens for weapons, but it's just mostly replacing the weapon drop
    It looks like there will be less stat combinations available in both, raids and dungeons. That plus no weapons on bosses except for tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    But you are guaranteed 1 item from the chest, right?
    You are not guaranteed a bonus roll.
    Here's what the math says (assuming no BLP, which I have no idea if that's built in or how it works):
    The Great Vault gives you 1 item per week but your choices of items are based on what you do during the prior week. But I don't believe we know currently how wide the loot pool is. For instance, does the Great Vault only give you a loot choice from the raid or across all the M+?

For instance, there are 33 items from the loot pool for Mages in Castle Nathria. 4 of which are Legendary Recipe drops. So a total of 29 items.

However, across all dungeons, there are 67 items (again removing the 4 which are legendary recipe drops).

So it is 1 item out of 29 or 96? And if you get additional choices from doing raids/M+/PvP does those extra choices give raid/non-raid gear?

The problem with guaranteed loot from the Great Vault is that it doesn't help if the loot pool is so wide that it gives you crap.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Well I guess people seem to be better in M+ because it's the easier content. The nerfs to M+ haven't gone far enough. You are still rewarded with gear that is far above what is needed to do the content. Dungeon rewards should be capped at normal raid and weekly box should be heroic. It's disgusting that you should even be compared to mythic raiders at all.

- - - Updated - - -

This should never come back. Players have proven that they cannot be trusted with loot. You only need to look to Classic to see the proof.
    You must be part of a shitty guild/ server. Our guild never had loot drama when we had DKP systems and our server did GDKP Runs that were all fantastic and everyone made some gold at the end of the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's looking quite horrible. For instance, looking at just helms, there's only 1 helm that drops for mages (off Lady Inerva) and it comes with haste/mastery. You want any other stat combination, you need to farm M+ of which there are 4 specific dungeons you could farm but only really 2 that gives a different stat combo.

Necrotic Wake = Crit/mastery
    Mists of Tirna = Haste/Vers

Plaguefall and Sanguine Depths also can drop helms but they are the same secondary: haste/mastery

And like my earlier response, we're not sure how the Great Vault pulls from the loot pool. So even with 1 guaranteed loot per week, it's looking to be subpar.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

I was never particularly a fan of the bonus roll coins. I won't miss them, especially with the coming functionality of the great vault. Having a 20% chance to get free loot of questionable usefulness five times a week, versus having a 100% chance of getting free loot of slightly less questionable usefulness once a week, is what it basically boils down to, right? Both are better than nothing, both have ample opportunity to be nothing, realistically. But I personally prefer the latter option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Isn't it exactly what people wanted? Blizz, plx get rid of RNG on gear! Okay, but less drops. Yaaaaay!
    So here it is.
    Exactly. Instead of randomness, they're just baking it into choice instead.

I will miss it, the rolls definitely helped me getting gear. Sure it didnt always happen but there were the occasional get loot 3x in a row lucky rolls. I also was able to do Raden multiple times and bonus roll each time to get weapon. I do not think a 1 time piece of loot that isnt targetted from a boss is better than the 20% chance of coins that I can get up to 5 of.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah thats why i found the above comment to be quite strange - in a raid setting it certainly gave you a list of possibilities for the loot, obviously based on the loot table of that encounter, but getting something you didnt want, or, gold, were both very real possibilities.

A guildie tried to acquire a certain item over the coarse of 15 clears. They saved 1 bonus roll for this boss every single time. Thats 30 chances at that item, and 30 failures. The bonus roll didnt help them AT ALL in this scenario - if anything, it just left them feeling even more pissed off.

- - - Updated - - -

Vault..............
    How is the vault any better than the situation you described above? Now you can't even target the boss at all. Wait for the tears when people are trying to get their +ilvl weapons from the last two bosses but the vault keeps giving them choices from boss 1 & 2 thirty times in a row. IF it even gives the weapon tokens as an option!
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    How is the vault any better than the situation you described above? Now you can't even target the boss at all. Wait for the tears when people are trying to get their +ilvl weapons from the last two bosses but the vault keeps giving them choices from boss 1 & 2 thirty times in a row. IF it even gives the weapon tokens as an option!
    This is going to blow your mind, but, maybe, just maybe, they can acquire the weapon how we did for multiple expansions, and get it from the boss. These arguments are so tiresome, everyone is in the same boat - performance is measured against our counterparts, in both pve and pvp.

The 'boohoo wheres my bonus loot' crowd make it sound like they personally are missing out on something, which is a fundamental flaw of the entire argument - we all have the same chances at loot, nothing has changed. The people who play more and at a higher difficulty will be better geared, as will the ones who have a run of godly rng go their way with boss drops - exactly how it is now.

Ehhh... its hard to miss something that more often than naught gave me gold/azerite power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    well. Shadowlands starting to look like straight dumpster fire now. https://www.wowhead.com/news=318109/...wlands-content
    They said their would be less loot rather then us being drowned in it. I think this is a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is going to blow your mind, but, maybe, just maybe, they can acquire the weapon how we did for multiple expansions, and get it from the boss. These arguments are so tiresome, everyone is in the same boat - performance is measured against our counterparts, in both pve and pvp.

The 'boohoo wheres my bonus loot' crowd
    That doesn't answer my question, but I understand your position now. You're just a Classic Andy with an axe to grind.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    That doesn't answer my question, but I understand your position now. You're just a Classic Andy with an axe to grind.
    The vault is "better" (I never said that) because you won't get gold or nothing, or duplicate items. No need for the personal attacks just because your argument is so poorly formed.

As I said though, I never claimed it was better, simply that people who don't like the change are ignoring the fact that what's important, is that we were on the same equal footng, and we will remain the same with the change.

If they had changed it to mean mythic raiders were the only ones who got bonus rolls, that's a different situation. But that's not what happened.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-09-23 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    what?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Can you really not figure that one out by yourself you need me to spell it out more for you?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Glad bonus rolls are gone.