Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    trump giving it the 'one death is a tragedy but 200,000 deaths affect almost nobody' lol.

stealing an election and going full gilead. I think most autocrats fully intend to create kleptocracies.
    Remember when Trump said Obama should resign for the four or so ebola deaths? I do faintly remember Trump saying that he doesn't, but the tweet is still out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Remember when Trump said Obama should resign for the four or so ebola deaths? I do faintly remember Trump saying that he doesn't, but the tweet is still out there.
    Yeah but 1 ebola death is worth more than 50,000 COVID deaths.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What precisely could the Democrats do in the Garland situation? You say they "laid down and let themselves get run over"...what were their options?
    Focus campaigns around it put political pressure and fear monger you know the things republicans do and democrats don't because they want to be polite. Obama barely mentioned it and when he did so it was very polite my problem is the same as it is now democrats don't know how to go for the throat. You don't have to go very far look at Kavanaugh republicans launched a multi million dollar campaign for him. There were also ways to pressure them politically not just advertising but Obama was just too obsessed with his legacy same reason he dropped the ball when it came to Russian interference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Hunter's indictment is the October Surprise.

What precisely could the Democrats do in the Garland situation? You say they "laid down and let themselves get run over"...what were their options?
    This is a weird one... John Kasich fans demanding that Dems act more radical.

It's like there's this obvious double standard where Dem's get penalized by the media for acting radical.

Kasich is already clutching his pearls, saying that court packing is not an appropriate response to McConnell's shenanigans.
    Government Affiliated Snark

This isn't frightening at all ...

The Trump campaign is reportedly 'discussing contingency plans to bypass election results

"Trump would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly," The Atlantic reports. "The longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe-harbor deadline expires."

A Trump campaign legal adviser who spoke to The Atlantic said that in this scenario, "the state legislatures will say, 'All right, we've been given this constitutional power. We don't think the results of our own state are accurate, so here's our slate of electors that we think properly reflect the results of our state." Lawrence Tabas, chair of the Pennsylvania Republican Party, also told The Atlantic he has discussed the direct appointment of electors with the Trump campaign, saying, "I've mentioned it to them, and I hope they're thinking about it too." The Trump campaign said it is "fighting for a free and fair election."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    The Supreme Court will prevent-

You know America is going to have a civil war at some point if Trump gets to this point at a practical level. The hope is that it doesn't happen.

Trump needs to be voted out by margins that cannot be contested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope NYState has the perfect response to that -- uniformed law enforcement in troop-like movements rushing Trump's properties and his remaining allies all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of a surprise is there, when Trump got impeached over it? The surprise is for idiots who believe the GOP members that said Trump would take the impeachment seriously.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...inted-route-44

Trump supporters violate state law in Mass. to vandalize state highways. Property damage is violence, apparently. Lock them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now would be a good time for Republicans to remember they are an aging minority in this country, with most of their population in poverty ridden states with some of the worst healthcare in any modern country.

Before they try anything too cute, you know.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Focus campaigns around it put political pressure and fear monger you know the things republicans do and democrats don't because they want to be polite. Obama barely mentioned it and when he did so it was very polite my problem is the same as it is now democrats don't know how to go for the throat. You don't have to go very far look at Kavanaugh republicans launched a multi million dollar campaign for him. There were also ways to pressure them politically not just advertising but Obama was just too obsessed with his legacy same reason he dropped the ball when it came to Russian interference.
    I can't argue with any of that - you're right, Obama didn't want to rock the cart. Part of that was him thinking "doing what's right for the country" was something that the GOP would get behind (vis a vis the Russian interference).

If the Democrats win out, and fail to go full throttle/nuclear, it almost won't matter that they win.

]
    He better tread carefully, Trump has a lot more family members involved in shady shit....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This isn't frightening at all ...

The Trump campaign is reportedly 'discussing contingency plans to bypass election results

"Trump would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly," The Atlantic reports. "The longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe-harbor deadline expires."

A Trump campaign legal adviser who spoke to The Atlantic said that in this scenario, "the state legislatures will say, 'All right, we've been given this constitutional power. We don't think the results of our own state are accurate, so here's our slate of electors that we think properly reflect the results of our state." Lawrence Tabas, chair of the Pennsylvania Republican Party, also told The Atlantic he has discussed the direct appointment of electors with the Trump campaign, saying, "I've mentioned it to them, and I hope they're thinking about it too." The Trump campaign said it is "fighting for a free and fair election."
    What. The. Holy. Fuck.

That would be us, quoting Portman, watching democracy die. Hopefully we won't be clapping....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What kind of a surprise is there, when Trump got impeached over it? The surprise is for idiots who believe the GOP members that said Trump would take the impeachment seriously.
    It would follow the Trump Mayhem playbook, where he seems to just throw out as much distracting material/information/statements while he kills our country in the ensuing fervor.

(see the article above re bypassing the election results)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    He better tread carefully, Trump has a lot more family members involved in shady shit....
    This should be the first response immediately. @Felya is also right -- Trump was impeached for extorting Ukraine. Trump hired a Ukranian unlisted foreign agent. Some of Trump's Ukranian co-conspirators got caught and arrested. And Hunter's work is well-documented and has been for nearly eight years. This would be like breaking into someone's house to find evidence to blackmail them with, and could only come up with "forgot to feed cat once".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I hope NYState has the perfect response to that -- uniformed law enforcement in troop-like movements rushing Trump's properties and his remaining allies all at once.
    That would be interesting. Seizing property and such?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Nvm - I get you now. I agree with @Breccia above.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be interesting. Seizing property and such?
    Enforcing subpoenas that have thus far not been enforced. We all know the Trump Organization is the target of a massive NYState investigation, and Cohen is likely involved. Considering the state of SCOTUS, it would be 100% fair game to simply take Trump's taxes right now. If Trump wants to stack the deck, change the dealer.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    What. The. Holy. Fuck.

That would be us, quoting Portman, watching democracy die. Hopefully we won't be clapping....
    This did happen once before, in 1876. Three states threw out their popular vote totals because they didn't trust them, and voted for Rutherford B. Hayes instead of Tilden. All three states had Republican Governments, and Hayes was a Republican. Democracy survived, sort of. Reconstruction did not survive, part of the fallout of that was the end of Republican Governments in the south.

That said, the fundamental reasons why those votes were not trusted is very different in 2020 then it was in 1876. In 1876, dozens of prefects were reporting vote totals WAY higher then their registered voters, as White Democrats packed ballots. They were also printing Democratic Ballots with Republican images on them, to scam illiterate voters into voting Democrat by accident. In short, voter fraud was very, very real then, and very, very public. Trump is attempting to pitch the narrative that this election will also be wildly fraudulent, except this time it isn't remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    In short, voter fraud was very, very real then, and very, very public. Trump is attempting to pitch the narrative that this election will also be wildly fraudulent, except this time it isn't remotely true.
    I honestly believe that the election will be fraudulent... But not from the Democrats.

What. The. Holy. Fuck.

Well, that's one way to jumpstart a civil war and many would fully support the efforts to correct that injustice.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.