Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wonder what a Void Naaru would say...they seem to be mostly silent.
    Didn't they all screech like crazy, at least when we fought them? Imagine hearing that all the time... you'd go crazy in no time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Didn't they all screech like crazy, at least when we fought them? Imagine hearing that all the time... you'd go crazy in no time ^^
    That would make sense tbh, considering regular Naaru play calming/purifying Music whenever you're near one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to be a unpopular post here...since it's a forum...."where things are discussed" But, why doesn't everyone just quit speculating and knowing they're right or they know what's "really" going on with all this stuff. Just causing people to get pissed off at Blizzard for something the average player has no idea about. So what if the pre-patch only lasts, say, a week....so what? Go do it on ptr. So what if flaming hot cheetohs are the main villians of the next x-pac? It's Blizzards game, they do as they please. Just chill...things happen for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Probably going to be a unpopular post here...since it's a forum...."where things are discussed" But, why doesn't everyone just quit speculating and knowing they're right or they know what's "really" going on with all this stuff. Just causing people to get pissed off at Blizzard for something the average player has no idea about. So what if the pre-patch only lasts, say, a week....so what? Go do it on ptr. So what if flaming hot cheetohs are the main villians of the next x-pac? It's Blizzards game, they do as they please. Just chill...things happen for a reason.
    Why should a person on a public forum do anything for the sake of other people?

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Well, that doesn't really work for Garrosh. In every other timeline, he was a hero and considered one of, if not the, greatest warchiefs to ever live. So his prime soul being in Revendreth wouldn't make sense since the majority of his incarnations wouldn't need to go there.

Really, every reality having its own Shadowlands makes much more sense.
    That would mean the shadowlands and therefore the force of death are quite a few rungs below on a cosmic scale than time , and quite far as well, since the bronze can already freely glimpse and mess with other timelines, let alone someone like Aman'thul who gave them that power. Given what was stated about legion that would mean the domain of order (arcane) and chaos (fel) are above the domains of life and death then. Well at least if we group time with order, which is kinda how it works in wow's magic system.

Also iirc chromie just mentioned that our garrosh was the worst, not that every other was awsome. The importance of other timelines is rather questionable as well, as we've seen by the fact that there is only one legion and AU draenor was more of temporal bubble (that was also invaded by the forces of light). For all we know the other timelines could just be strands that flare into existence and converge with the main one down the line or just end/fade out.

Like with everything related to world building it is best to apply the Moron-Rule(tm), namely no one ever thought this through and until someone comes in and retcons everything into a somewhat cohesive narrative it's best to simply assume everything that isn't directly shown is better ignored as irrelevant. In this case what ever the garrosh characters we've never seen actually end up doing.

Edit: Looking at that god-awful cosmic power chart again.. I guess one could also argue that the shadowlands aren't the true manifestation of death. It looks more like a layer (together with the emerald dream) that is tied to the normal mortal plane. That would proabably align with all the hints towards the shadowlands in their current form being something artificial. It would also explain it being "inifinite", because if we assume it to be another layer of the (mortal) universe, just slightly aligned with death, it would immediately make sense. In that regard even time being of a higher order would make sense I guess, without diminishing the cosmic power of death, which might be located outside, like the void or where ever the light dwells.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-09-27 at 12:12 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its already been said but...until we deal with the AU again...its not really relevant so don't worry about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Everyone sort of glanced over that "realm of the light" comment. I'm smelling some patch material
    Can't beat the original flavor for that theme, don't know why they'd bother doing just "realm of light."

Its already been said but...until we deal with the AU again...its not really relevant so don't worry about it.
    Yeah pretty much. Until we're told otherwise just assume the entire point of Y'rel going insane was just so Blizz could bury the AU 6 feet under and not have to deal with any lingering questions about WoD.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed I always assumed the Mag'har scenario with Yrel was mostly so they could bring all the cool stuff from AU draenor like the different orc clans, goren, botani, saberon, etc without having to deal with the AU anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    God. Ask some of the old guard here man, I am one of the most pessimistic suckers on these crappy forums. But the entitlement to call a new zone, its literally technically called a zone, not a zone because it doesn't meet your own personal very unique and totally standard idea of a zone is laughable. It has a story that is very generic yes, but also incredibly down to earth and not overly hero-centric, its refreshing from all the Maw Walking, Children/Hero of Azeroth talk of the last half decade. It has transmog that is the same, very unique in a world filled with bombastic and epic. Same with the music.

Subjectively you may not like the content you see, but objectively, its a new zone with new content to do and its arriving in a prepatch as a way to play something completely new before the expansion actually launches. Some of the complaining that goes on here and on wowhead these days is just so much ironically like a Blizzard patch pendulum swing it isn't even funny.
    I miss you butter Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I miss you butter Queen.
    The Queen Lives! Long live the Butter Queen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If you get an underground area under the Crossroads filled with unique questlines, unique rewards and even a pseudo dungeon then I would happily declare the Crossroads a new zone.

I mean honestly, just start by asking yourself if you can go to Exile's reach right now. I would think that it being a place currently not in the game, but which will be a part of the game when the new pre-patch comes out would be the literal textbook definition of a new zone.
    Now I kinda want that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not in game (although I would expect Yrel return some day), but it will be really funny how Blizzard will try to explain this mess in Chronicle IV. Especially "there is only one Burning Legion" bs.

Imo only way is to made our timeline "main" one and AU Draenor just pocket dimension created by Kairoz artifact.

Honestly I don't get why Blizzard like to mess so much with stuff like time travel, alternative timelines, afterlife (where they risk future deaths means nothing), huge timeskips (bazylion years ago something major happened, then NOTHING IMPORTANT until now). All hurts whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Honestly I don't get why Blizzard like to mess so much with stuff like time travel, alternative timelines, afterlife (where they risk future deaths means nothing), huge timeskips (bazylion years ago something major happened, then NOTHING IMPORTANT until now). All hurts whole story.
    Agreed. I don't get why they have such a hard on for these grand concepts that will inadvertedly lead to plotholes all over the place for very little gain. While the time traveling was bad enough (and is in all of fiction), messing with the afterlife is on a whole other level, as they can seriously break alot of the immersion of the setting permanently here. Don't get me wrong I like 3/4th of the visials, but doing the whole heaven and hell stuff is something that should have stayed in diablo where it's part of the main setting.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Agreed. I don't get why they have such a hard on for these grand concepts that will inadvertedly lead to plotholes all over the place for very little gain. While the time traveling was bad enough (and is in all of fiction), messing with the afterlife is on a whole other level, as they can seriously break alot of the immersion of the setting permanently here. Don't get me wrong I like 3/4th of the visials, but doing the whole heaven and hell stuff is something that should have stayed in diablo where it's part of the main setting.
    Well same for me. It's cool but stupid, just like let's say Dragon Ball. I don't really treat seriously Warcraft story anyway, since as I said it's fantasy soap opera - there is no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Well, that doesn't really work for Garrosh. In every other timeline, he was a hero and considered one of, if not the, greatest warchiefs to ever live. So his prime soul being in Revendreth wouldn't make sense since the majority of his incarnations wouldn't need to go there.

Really, every reality having its own Shadowlands makes much more sense.
    or its first come first serve

the first version is the base with the others as an extra layer

our garrosh was the worst version of himself that doesnt mean he was a super dooper awesome hero everywhere else and i would love to see a link to that because i know it was mentioned in war crimes that in the other timelines he wasnt as bad as our version.

this isnt even a new concept it was done in shows like doctor who and heck even anime pulled it off

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Everyone sort of glanced over that "realm of the light" comment. I'm smelling some patch material
    Real of Light is to Light what Shadowlands is for Death. It is not part of Shadowlands, it is completely different plane of existence.

I mean, Anachronos says that Garrosh was seen as a hero in other timelines, but he doesn't say he was one in all of them. All he says that our Garrosh is the worst outcome, which doesn't mean he cant be an asshole in most of them, just that he wasn't an genocidal Old God muncher in any other reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Anachronos says that Garrosh was seen as a hero in other timelines, but he doesn't say he was one in all of them. All he says that our Garrosh is the worst outcome, which doesn't mean he cant be an asshole in most of them, just that he wasn't an genocidal Old God muncher in any other reality.
    I guess we could stretch and assume that the idea of different versions of the same character gets amalgamated based on their most prominent traits. So one Garrosh for all the versions he was a dick, one for where he was a warrior, and one for where he was a kind and wise ruler.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    or its first come first serve

the first version is the base with the others as an extra layer

our garrosh was the worst version of himself that doesnt mean he was a super dooper awesome hero everywhere else and i would love to see a link to that because i know it was mentioned in war crimes that in the other timelines he wasnt as bad as our version.

this isnt even a new concept it was done in shows like doctor who and heck even anime pulled it off
    They could just have left every instance as their own being and never run into issues. The Shadowlands are supposedly infinite, they can always just handwave us not meeting more than one version with "the others are elsewhere".

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I see he shuts down the "Necromancer will be added in a patch" nonsense with a single sentence answer.
    Same reason we're likely never going to have a Tinker or dragon-inspired class; we had them for a patch, technically.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton