Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All I want are heirlooms for every slot, so I can keep my transmogs intact.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

The mainstat buff is pretty strong.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Its a silly change heirlooms were fine replacing quest items, as you got those items few and far between and the upgrade you got was soon replaced back with heirlooms.

Since Blizzard ARE TOO LAZY (they are they are worth billions) to make you get gear from clearing zones in a decent manner, heirlooms were the stopgap for their lazyness, hopefully they'll be repowered as time goes on, because blizzard always fucks a system after they redo it.. next expansion or the next leveling will be fucked again... mark my word.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    Its a silly change heirlooms were fine replacing quest items, as you got those items few and far between and the upgrade you got was soon replaced back with heirlooms.

Since Blizzard ARE TOO LAZY (they are they are worth billions) to make you get gear from clearing zones in a decent manner, heirlooms were the stopgap for their lazyness, hopefully they'll be repowered as time goes on, because blizzard always fucks a system after they redo it.. next expansion or the next leveling will be fucked again... mark my word.
    Heirlooms in BfA are way too good, as they have been since their introduction. This is a good change that reduces the ridiculous overpoweredness that was completely unnecessary.

9.0 heirlooms are fine. The set bonuses are just bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    Couldn't find a topic with this information so figured I could just make one. So rather than each piece giving you xp bonus, its now set based.

(2) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced by 30%.
    (4) Set: Increases your out-of-combat regeneration in the outdoors, normal dungeons, and battlegrounds.
    (5) Set: Gaining a level triggers Burst of Knowledge, dealing (X) Holy damage to nearby enemies and granting you 40% (Primary Stat) for 2 min. Defeating additional enemies extends this effect, up to 2 min.
    (6) Set: Rested experience consumed is reduced up to 30%.

With no xp bonus attached to them, I personally see no reason why they have to wait until 9.2 or 3 for heirlooms to work to 60 as long as you level a character to 60 without them first.
    interesting this means most optimal way to level up will be to stop leveling just before dinging next level then collect all possible rested XP , XP buff items and then spam que dungeons (constant 40 % buff uptime) with the same team :P and once rested runs out to stop leveling and swap to anther alt untill rested is fully restored

booring but efficient

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    My point is they should do something mid-expansion to match the 50% nerf from heirlooms
    They probably will. It doesn't have to be through heirlooms though, it can just be an overall reduction to exp required, so that new players aren't left behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    interesting this means most optimal way to level up will be to stop leveling just before dinging next level then collect all possible rested XP , XP buff items and then spam que dungeons (constant 40 % buff uptime) with the same team :P and once rested runs out to stop leveling and swap to anther alt untill rested is fully restored

booring but efficient
    Not really, because the buff only lasts for 4 minutes maximum.

The most efficient way to use the set bonuses will be to max rested exp, and then run dungeons over and over with the same team. Which is exactly the same as current. Doing random dungeons (solo) is going to be worse than current though, because you're almost always leveling up at the end of a dungeon, when there are no targets left - meaning it's an indirect buff to questing for solo players.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I was a little annoyed by the heirloom changes at first, just because it seems like a major nerf to something we've already invested a lot of grind and/or gold in upgrading. But leveling (at least 1-50) is so insanely fast with 9.0 that the old bonuses would have been overkill. So the changes were needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Heirlooms in BfA are way too good, as they have been since their introduction. This is a good change that reduces the ridiculous overpoweredness that was completely unnecessary.

9.0 heirlooms are fine. The set bonuses are just bonuses.
    You don't know what Heirlooms are, do you? In every other case I would like to hear your definiton of "ridiculous overpoweredness". BfA Heirlooms do one job and one job only: Provide an exp boost. That's what they were introduced to do. They don't provide any bonus over questing gear after that; in BfA content they are even considerably worse than Azerite gear.

This is great news. Now I can get excited about gear again and forget the heirlooms and not be in incredibly gimped.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    This is great news. Now I can get excited about gear again and forget the heirlooms and not be in incredibly gimped.
    Because leveling is competitive or something?

I'm honestly unclear how you can be "gimped" leveling. I've leveled alts both with and without looms, depending on what pace I feel like, and there's no real difference in power and hasn't been for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So I dont know if this has been talked about previously and I dont want to spam the forums and make a new thread just for this, but how about Legion legendaries?

Will I be able to equip one from level 10?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The only part of leveling that gives some fracture of exitment in this hours long grind of content you mostly did to death allready is getting new gear.
    There is a reason so many people hate leveling. There is NOTHING exciting in it anymore.

Now you can at least ignore the sets without making you leveling time unbearable long. But removal of it would be the best.
    What? Who gets excited about a new green item noob item?

People hate leveling because its outdated content, likely done several times already, and a massive grind. When in the history of WoW has anyone ever been excited about leveling in outdated content??

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You don't know what Heirlooms are, do you? In every other case I would like to hear your definiton of "ridiculous overpoweredness". BfA Heirlooms do one job and one job only: Provide an exp boost. That's what they were introduced to do. They don't provide any bonus over questing gear after that; in BfA content they are even considerably worse than Azerite gear.
    I guess you're unfamiliar with the phrase, although you agree with me in the rest of the post. Poor English skills, maybe?

The fact that you begrudgingly use heirlooms in BfA content where objectively more powerful gear exists is part of the problem. It's actually the best balanced section of heirlooms, as you'd never ever even consider any other item piece for the rest of the leveling process, even if you were to get boosted in raids along the way. That's what "ridiculously overpowered" means.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been discussed...

But do we still need to purchase heirloom level upgrades with the changes, or do they all naturally scale 1-50 by default? Because as it stands with their currently expected bonuses, I see no reason to spend anything on upgrading whatever heirlooms I don't have fully upgraded currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been discussed...

But do we still need to purchase heirloom level upgrades with the changes, or do they all naturally scale 1-50 by default? Because as it stands with their currently expected bonuses, I see no reason to spend anything on upgrading whatever heirlooms I don't have fully upgraded currently.
    Far as I'm aware you still need to spend gold or other currencies to upgrade the heirlooms.

I'd certainly agree it's not worth spending gold on it at this point, but if you have surplus TW tokens then it's still worth considering dumping those into upgrade tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I guess you're unfamiliar with the phrase, although you agree with me in the rest of the post. Poor English skills, maybe?

The fact that you begrudgingly use heirlooms in BfA content where objectively more powerful gear exists is part of the problem. It's actually the best balanced section of heirlooms, as you'd never ever even consider any other item piece for the rest of the leveling process, even if you were to get boosted in raids along the way. That's what "ridiculously overpowered" means.
    If you were being sarcastic, I did not get that, no.
    My point is: Heirlooms now do exactly what you farmed them for: Make leveling faster. Not easier, just faster. You are not overpowered in comparison with other players, you just level faster. Which was their intended use. If it was 2.5 years earlier, before 7.3.5, and we would have this discussion then I would agree with you; Heirlooms were strictly better than every item back then. But now they are not, powerwise. I have the feeling that this is the same discussion that often arose at the beginning of classic: Slower is not harder, faster is not easier.

Come 9.0 they no longer make leveling faster, meaning they might as well be scrapped, since their new bonus is laughable and only applicable in PvE situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Far as I'm aware you still need to spend gold or other currencies to upgrade the heirlooms.

I'd certainly agree it's not worth spending gold on it at this point, but if you have surplus TW tokens then it's still worth considering dumping those into upgrade tokens.
    I guess so, but I'm fairly sure I spent most of my TW badges exactly on heirloom upgrades and haven't done TW at all recently since the expansion's about to end. And they'll definitely not be worth gold or currency from other events. Guess it'll be nice to actually wear these random upgraded items from quests for a level or two without losing out on anything important, but I'm really not happy with this whole heirloom business. Not mad at it, certainly not enough to grab a pitchfork, but I think they could have found a better way to handle this that didn't neuter heirlooms so hard that they're not even worth half their price anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I guess so, but I'm fairly sure I spent most of my TW badges exactly on heirloom upgrades and haven't done TW at all recently since the expansion's about to end. And they'll definitely not be worth gold or currency from other events. Guess it'll be nice to actually wear these random upgraded items from quests for a level or two without losing out on anything important, but I'm really not happy with this whole heirloom business. Not mad at it, certainly not enough to grab a pitchfork, but I think they could have found a better way to handle this that didn't neuter heirlooms so hard that they're not even worth half their price anymore.
    Certainly see where you're coming from. I think they could have been a touch more generous with the set bonus but it is what it is. There's still a convenience factor there even if it's only a minor one.

At least they made WoD trinkets available from level 1 now, that was a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    So I dont know if this has been talked about previously and I dont want to spam the forums and make a new thread just for this, but how about Legion legendaries?

Will I be able to equip one from level 10?
    Legion legendaries are effectively gone. They've had all effects disabled. I haven't checked stats / ilevel, so they might still be good for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    If you were being sarcastic, I did not get that, no.
    My point is: Heirlooms now do exactly what you farmed them for: Make leveling faster. Not easier, just faster. You are not overpowered in comparison with other players, you just level faster. Which was their intended use. If it was 2.5 years earlier, before 7.3.5, and we would have this discussion then I would agree with you; Heirlooms were strictly better than every item back then. But now they are not, powerwise. I have the feeling that this is the same discussion that often arose at the beginning of classic: Slower is not harder, faster is not easier.

Come 9.0 they no longer make leveling faster, meaning they might as well be scrapped, since their new bonus is laughable and only applicable in PvE situations.
    which is antithesis of mmorpg.

people play mmorpg to feel overpowered not to feel chalenged.

thats another tiny stone to WoWs tombstone as its dead as mmorpg and has been for long time.